the wheel has come full circle
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
the things we hold are always the first to go
"Be that as it may - I will do everything I can to make sure that you don't have to. To make sure you don't ever have to make such a decision again." Ronin smiled back at her, his fingers closing around hers so he could make a show of pulling her up. Both of them had a flair for the dramatic, and it showed. "Fuck politics? I concur," he agreed heartily, winking and stepping slowly out into the training grounds to join her.

That King business could stop however, though before Ronin could formulate an appropriate response, Ashe had booted the training dummy's head across at him and brought up Remi; a certain distraction in any circumstance.

"Hm...? I mean... It just did." He shook his head, his tone low and sweet even as he kicked the 'ball' back to her. "He was unhappy with Ianto, but he couldn't figure out why. And I guess we just... admitted there was something there. Ever since I came back. We lived together, slept in the same bed... we just stopped lying, I think."
Messenger

Age: 28 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 7 (lvl 3 Attuned) - Strg: 10 - Dext: 27 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
PERCY - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed) SOOT - Regular - Wine Spider
Played by: Jaecarys Offline
Change author:
MP: 150
ASHE
question: how do you make a monster
stop feeling so monsterous?
you give her something she can hold in her palms without crushing,
you give her something sweet
and tell her to keep it.
   Ashe smiled with shining eyes as he explained, nodding. Remi and Ronin... she wasn't sure why she had never thought of it before. Looking back, it was simply right. "I think there was something there before you got back," she said, walking slow, watching him with keen eyes. "But I'm glad you stopped lying."

Ronin kicked the head of the dummy back at her, and she stopped it with her foot. She looked down to it, her smile wavering and flickering out. "Since you've come back, have you ever..." She sighed, kicking their makeshift ball back toward him before looking up. It was different of course. Five hells, he'd been dead. Not... whatever she had been. "Have you ever felt like you're not really here?"
you wipe the blood from her hands
you say her name, over and over
like an absolution.
you forgive her. you forgive her. you forgive.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
the things we hold are always the first to go
Ronin allowed himself a small smile of acknowledgement that yes, Ashe was probably and absolutely right about that. He and Remi were just... they were them, and that seemed to work well enough for both of them. (And for Aoife, more importantly). Strolling across the training grounds to catch the dummy head ball as it hurtled back to him, Ashe's question both did and didn't take him by surprise. With a soft frown, he picked up the head and moved to plonk it back on the body of the dummy.

"All the time," he said slowly. "It's better than it used to be, but I still feel sometimes like... an imposter, I guess? Like I'm this man, stepping into another man's shoes and pretending to be him." He rubbed at the back of his head, offering her his hand. "Want to carry on talking inside?" Over a drink? went unsaid.
Messenger

Age: 28 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 7 (lvl 3 Attuned) - Strg: 10 - Dext: 27 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
PERCY - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed) SOOT - Regular - Wine Spider
Played by: Jaecarys Offline
Change author:
MP: 150
ASHE
question: how do you make a monster
stop feeling so monsterous?
you give her something she can hold in her palms without crushing,
you give her something sweet
and tell her to keep it.
   Ashe tracked him as he replaced the head back on the dummy, her brows drawn together. There was never really a such thing as coming back from terrible things, was there? Just changing. They never made it back. They just got to the other side of it, became whatever they had to become. What is it she had become, now that she'd made it to the other side of it all? What would she become with all that happened now?

It was some comfort, at least, that Ronin understood. The blight... did that make it worse?

She took a heavy breath and flexed her wrapped hands. She met his eyes with a tight smile and reached out to take his offered hand, giving it a squeeze. "Training can definitely wait," she said, and followed the Fallen Star inside.

{end}
you wipe the blood from her hands
you say her name, over and over
like an absolution.
you forgive her. you forgive her. you forgive.