Pockets of Thieves
Rowan Balsomor
Healer

Age: 58 | Height: 4'6 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 8 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Zomb Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands. Or pockets at the very least. Rowan had spent some time building a decently sized cage, far from the village and from the prying eyes of his fellow fae and now it was time to put his plan in action. The poor little creatures of the woods were getting sicker and sicker and nothing was getting better. So, he thought, he would gather up the squirrels and maybe the birds and house them. Then, they wouldn't be eaten by predators and spread the sickness, but also so he could care for them. Their little eyes were blackened, their little paws, it would be hard for them to find food and drink.

So far he had found a single squirrel, young and mostly bright eyed but clearly showing signs of new Blight. Poor thing. It was currently trying its best to eat an acorn and think of ways to escape the pouch it had been put in. One down, several more to go. Probably.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
Phoebe was trying to take matters into her own hands...but she was lost. Very, very lost. After speaking with Frey she had prepared for quite the adventure. On her back was a pack of provisions, as well as her micro-lens and other materials she might need carefully packed away. She intended to stay in the Greatwood as long as she could, looking for any possible answers to the blight. Pim didn't really know what was going on...other than his human was slowly losing her mind from constantly drowning in her own emotions. When daddy Frey said they made some mistakes when making humans, they really did mean it.

But Phoebe at this point was hopelessly lost. The Greatwood hadn't spit her back out yet, thankfully, but she was pretty sure she was walking in circles. Hadn't she just passed that tree?? But finally, she saw a person - a Fae no less! - who could maybe help her. "U-uhm, excuse me? Could you help me please? I am looking for the big tree that the Fae think was a goddess? Where the blight started?" she called out as she approached.
In These Past Few Days When I See Myself
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Rowan Balsomor
Healer

Age: 58 | Height: 4'6 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Rowan had been making his way deeper into the woods, not really searching for anything but creatures. He was about to nab another squirrel with a strange black patch on it's side when he noticed a human girl. Oooh fancy. He'd been mostly ignoring the humans that tried to sneak around the forest and his village but this one seemed sweet and maybe lost.

When she made eye contact, he was sure. And she asked for help. How silly. You never ask the fae for help. Luckily he's not really one of the more cruel ones. "Mathair? Yes I know where she is. Why are you looking? And what's this about the blight starting there?" Was Mathair in danger? Was she hurt? He gently touched the satchel at his side, trying to comfort the squirrel.

Phoebe
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
The relief that washed through her when the Fae man seemed kind enough to help was enough for her to physically react, lifting a hand to cover her heart and sighing. "Thank you so much!" she said, glad that at least her description translated to a recognizable place name for the man. Pim, being the bold dragon he was, went bounding up to the Fae, sniffing around him, nose leading him to the squirrel. Usually squirrels were yummy but this one smelled like the icky that daddy Frey told them not to eat. The dragonling hissed at it, backing away with lips pulled into a snarl.

"Pim! Be nice!" Phoebe huffed at her companion, looking at the Fae man with an apologetic glance. "Uhm, well, I'm the Dean of the Medical College in the Hollowed Grounds, and Frey asked me to research the blight. I have a device that allows me to see things only the gods can usually see." she explained. "They said the blight started somewhere near the tree the Far think was a goddess...is that Mathair?" she asked, then blushed with embarrassment. "I'm sorry, my name is Phoebe by the way."
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Rowan Balsomor
Healer

Change author:
Rowan gave her a smile as the little pink dragon approached him. "You're very wel-" He stopped when he realized what Pim was after. "Hey!" He shooed it away even as it hissed and backed off. "You leave him alone. He's not feeling well!" But as quickly as he was defensive, he gave a little coo to the dragon. He'd never seen one before, knew of them but never seen one.

She was researching the blight? By request of Frey? Well then. He reached into his pocket, pulling out the blighted beasty. "Yes, the Mathair. Frey said it started there? I wonder if there are more sick little ones." He gently patted the black ink from the squirrel's fur. "I've been collecting them. Trying to keep them comfortable until Ludo takes them to Mort."

"My name is Rowan, it's nice to meet you Phoebe. Maybe you can help me find a way to save these guys."
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
Pim was not in the least bit perturbed by the Fae man, snarling at him when shooed, wings flaring to make himself bigger. ”Pim! Leave him alone and get back here!” Phoebe called, clearly irritated with the little pink menace. The dragonling snarled but hurried back over to her. When she saw the Fae handling the blighted squirrel though, she looked concerned. ”Oh! You need to be more careful! The blight is very contagious – here!” she said, offering him a rag and a bottle of the sulphur solution she had developed. ”Wipe your hands down with this. I would suggest putting on gloves before handling the sick ones, I have an extra pair if you need?” she said, her tone concerned, but not condescending. She truly did mean to help.

”It’s nice to meet you Rowan. I certainly hope I can…or at least a way that it won’t spread any more.” she said, being realistic. She might not be able to cure the blight but if she could stop its spread, then that was a pretty big win in and of itself. ”Could you take me to the Mathair?”
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Eriadne Amoret
Guard

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 0 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Dyn Offline
Change author:
Eriadne
    Eriadne had been on the tail end of her patrol shift, making her way back towards home and a much needed cold shower to wash off the days' dirt and sweat that had made home in the unfortunate spots that her leather armor didn't cover. The further away she flew from the forest line of the Greatwood saw the tension in her muscles relax as she approached Sidhe village. Nobody the Fae didn't want inside the Greatwood made it very far and such a fact put the guard's mind at ease. Only those trusted by the Fae could make their way through the wooded land; a fact that she reminded herself of every time she swung her blade at the snap of a twig only for it to be an unfortunately blighted squirrel.

The end result of her blade meeting blighted squirrel or an outsider was the same when given the chance.

Voices drifting to her on the breeze catch her attention as she flits between the trees, taking her time in reporting back after an uneventful shift. Rowan's voice was one she knew by heart after half of a century and for all the years considered worthwhile thus far in her life. The other, feminine, was one the Fae woman hadn't heard before. Rowan's business wasn't any of hers as far as she was concerned, prepared to move on and let him consort with whomever he pleased as long as they weren't near the village when a simple word stops her flight in its path.

Mathair.

While not as nimble as her sister, Nephele, Eriadne turns on a dime towards the voices. Her sword is unsheathed before her feet even touch the ground beside Rowan- was his bag moving? -pointed directly at who she can only assume is the source of the feminine voice. The young woman, assumedly she wasn't an infant by Outlander standards, wasn't much to look at admittedly, but that didn't mean she wasn't a threat. Not to mention the pink... Creature that accompanied her, hissing like a feral cat in need of being put down after the touch of Blight.

"I don't mean to interrupt," Eriadne's smile contrasts the sharpness in her voice as she glances between Rowan and this stranger. "But any matters involving Outlanders in my wood are inherently my business." Outlander burns her tongue as she spits it in the girl's direction.

"What business do you have with our Mathair, stranger?" Was bringing the blight to the forest not enough of an insult to the Fae? Now they sought their beloved tree and the audacity of these strangers never ceased to amaze her as she fought to school her features free of the disdain she felt for the woman.