Hey Boss
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Adam
Adam 'tsked' when he found it was not possible, stuffing the plant back in his pocket. It seemed nothing could be easy here.

"Hmmm...I don't know any of the farmers, but they're all weird and probably wouldn't wanna help anyway, in my experience." Adam did not typically get on with people one could describe as 'salt of the Earth' types. "But...I have seen some growing boxes outside the uh...the clinic thing, run by that midwife...uh...Ph...Phoebe? You think she'd wanna help us grow some stuff?"

Not that she seemed the kind to want to grow drugs, but Adam had found when someone had the right incentive they could be convinced to do a lot of things.

Maybe I'm not as dark as I think
Maybe I'm scared to Admit that
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:

Lucas hummed an agreement about the farmers, wrinkling his nose. Smelly work for poor people, in his opinion, and not something he would deign to look into himself. Pretty little growing boxes outside an infirmary, though? Now that was more his cup of tea, especially in this lovely little establishment they'd set up for themselves. Phoebe sounded familiar to him as well, and Lucas laughed suddenly as he realised where he'd heard the name.

"You know, I swear that's Jata's latest hole," he said, folding his arms. "Perhaps we should chat with him, see if he can pull strings with this midwife, get ourselves growing something worth trading."

LUCAS
don't you know there ain't no devil

it's just god when he's drunk

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Adam
"Huh, really?" Adam had not thought the midwife the kind to get involved with anyone from their kind of guild, but that did make things considerably easier. As much as he was certain he could charm anybody, it was nice to know they already had an in.

"Whoever catches him first can, then. Oh--" He held up a finger, suddenly remembering. "I wanted to ask. Are we allowed to bring guests in here..? If they're totally trustworthy?" Really, he only wanted to bring Pet to the guild to impress him and make out in a pile of cushions, but he could pretend it was for a good reason.

Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

"Mm, it's what I've heard anyway," Lucas said with a shrug, not seeming particularly interested in Phoebe unless it was in a way that she might benefit their little organisation. Having packed everything away, the Ascended began to lead them back upstairs and out of the hidden room. As for guests, he arched an eyebrow over his shoulder at Adam.

"I've no problem with it, as long as they are smart enough not to spread word about this place," he said. "But if word does get out, or if anything else happens, on your head be it. Otherwise, go nuts."

LUCAS

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Adam
Adam followed Lucas back up the stairs - just for a moment, he felt back at home; following a crime boss up the stairs in a disreputable establishment, bullets clinking in his bag. Perhaps it was a bad thing that he always seemed to end up in this position, but he couldn't say he didn't like it. There was something so deliciously naughty about being where he was.

"Cool. He was in plenty of dodgy places and worked in shit like this, so I reckon it'll be fine. Could even be useful, maybe." He didn't want to make too many promises, in case Pet had reservations about being signed up for a criminal organisation without being present (why would anyone, though, really).

At the top of the stairs he grinned and clapped Lucas on the shoulder. "Well, thanks for showing me your box. Usually I gotta pay to see that kinda thing." WIth a little wink he walked towards the door. "Anything else? I think I've got a date with the bar."

Lucas Copperhead

Change author:

"I'm always up for recruiting new people. Especially if they are useful." Only if they were useful, as a general rule. But for Adam, perhaps Lucas could make an exception. He bristled automatically at the over-friendly clap on his shoulder, though there was a hint of dark mischief in the smile that he directed towards the ex-highwayman. "I don't mind showing anyone my box, as long as they ask," he said, trying to keep his tone as deadpan as possible.

Moving to sink down onto one of the couches, supported by cushions and silks, Lucas waved Adam away. "Enjoy your date. I have one with a book."

And with that, the Devil's Advocates had acquired an infinite supply of bullets.

~END

LUCAS