With this Band
For Remi
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN
Well, Bastien had never thought he'd find himself here.

Not at Remi's shop, that was quite normal. But the reason he was at Remi's shop - to ask for a very special commission indeed - that was something odd.

He had never been a man for commitment, for words of love or posessively holding onto another. And truthfully, he still wasn't in a lot of ways; he loved Rexanna dearly and had told her so many times, but he would not fly into a rage if she wished to be with another or go on her own way for a while (as long as she would return). He had always been a believer in romance being something best enjoyed by two individuals who stayed clearly as such.

Even with that in mind though, he'd found himself wanting to  make some announcement, some statement of his commitment to Rexanna. Perhaps it was fast, but she had already become Ascended - they were already planning to spend what they had of eternity together. It seemed foolish to not have her as his wife, to let everyone know how brave she'd been, how in love they were. He wanted to shout it from rooftops.

But a marriage would do, so he needed a ring. Knocking on Remi's shop door, he walked in and leaned on the counter. "Remi? I am surprised to find the shop open, with your wedding so shortly behind us. Are you not locked into bed with that handsome captain?"
We're aware they're trying to take away our dreams
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
maybe its all gone black
The sound of Bastien's voice—so similar to his own—always coaxed a smile from his lips. Much as yes, he would like to be locked into bed with the captain, his husband no one had bothered to tell time to leave them out of its relentless forward progression, and so here Remi was, working as he was normally want to do. His work suffered for how often his mind drifted back to Ronin, but such were the woes of married life.

"It would appear only one of us has the stamina for what you are suggesting." The alchemist returned with a cheeky and boyish grin, not bothering to elaborate on which of them was the longer-going in bed. The muscular alchemist, or the star-blessed demi-god?

"It is nice to see that you are out from behind bars. Though I have recently heard that perhaps your stay was not as unpleasant as it might have been." He remarked with a bright smile.
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
BASTIEN
As Remi appeared with a tantalisingly vague comment about stamina, Bastien grinned. "I could make bets on that. I won't, to save you the embarrassment, but I would be rather confident." Ronin. His bet was on Ronin.

"Ah yes, my time in the cell..." Shaking his head, Bastien dramatically cast his eyes up to the ceiling. "I'll have you know it was terrible. Such a grey room. Cold and damp. The bed was uncomfortable and I was harrassed by a random woman for my blood." He still wasn't sure what that had been about. Hopefully, nothing too bad would come of it.

Still, he was out of the prison now, so it was clear it had not all been doom and gloom. "The shining light in the whole thing was my dear Rexanna, and indeed, she is the reason I am here today. I would like your assistance in making her a...gift." Suddenly, he found himself nervous to ask for what he had intended. The word 'gift' was pronounced slowly, as if he was unsure, his throat blocking the words 'engagement ring' before they could leave him.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
maybe its all gone black
Remi flashed the artist a look of mischievous insult, made all the more comical by the fact that, in truth, it was the captain's whose stamina was weaker. Even so, Remi blushed deeply and could only grin in the face of such a remark.

"I take it to the woman out for blood was Zariah? Ironic, given.." Remi shrugged, vaguely gesturing towards Bastien's lips and therein his teeth. Smiling easily, the alchemist brightened considerably at the mention of Rex, nodding his understanding. "Ahh yes. Jail-house proclamations of love. Tail as old as time, I am sure. Or as long as there were handsome men behind bars, and their loves pining to see them." He added with a wink.

The mention of a gift certainly peaked Remi's curiosity. He was more than happy to make something for his friend, though he was intrigued to know what Bastien might have come to commission for her. "Did you have something particular in mind?"
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
"Ah, no, you misunderstand. While I was in the prison, a woman literally came for my blood. I am not sure of her name, but I have seen her around. She...came to my cell and offered help in return for a vial of my...oh, it is not blood, is it? The..fluid." He was sure that was what The Voice had called it.

Remi's words on Rexanna drew a smile from him. "The proclamation of love came after, but indeed." There was a more important part of Remi's observation though: "You know, I don't think I've ever heard you call me handsome before, Remi. Is a latent attraction appearing now you are an honest man?" With a wolfish grin he laughed as if he wasn't just trying to put off telling Remi what the gift was.

He couldn't avoid it forever. He wanted to do this.

"Yes. I would like a ring. The most beautiful you can make, with gold and red stones, if you can. It's...well, perhaps you have inspired me. I wish to ask her to marry me." Almost sheepish after this admission, Bastien rubbed his neck and looked at Remi, waiting to see what he'd say.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
maybe its all gone black
Remi's expression turned temporarily sour as Bastien described some unnamed woman seeking out his blood...or, fluid. Blinking back his surprise and swallowing down a strange lump of sudden repulsion, the alchemist hissed in a breath. Oh. That sounds..." Well. He had no idea. Ruffling a hand through his hair, he merely offered the artist a weak and uncomfortable smile.

Blushing ever so slightly, Remi shook his head with a boyish laugh. "Lucky for both of us that the answer is no." He said with a grin.

However as Bastien continued, Remi's mouth all but dropped open. He'd quite literally just been speaking to Rex about this precise topic...and the glamourous woman was all too convinced that nuptials would likely take them another year or so to finally get around to. "Bastien." He gushed finally, his smile wide and warm and genuinely pleased. "Congratulations!" Reaching forward to pull Bastien into a tight hug if he'd allow, Remi stepped back and fished into a drawer for a particular piece of parchment and charcoal.

Immediately beginning a sketch, the ring would appear on the page but also hovering in 3D above the desk. "The colour is not a problem. As for the stones..how would you like them arranged?" So saying, he handed over the magical charcoal and parchment to Bastien. The man was an artist after all.
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
Remi seemed to not know what to say about the tale of his blood-snatcher, which was fair enough. Bastien hardly knew what to think of it himself, so he did not ask to hear the end of the sentence.

Grinning wide as Remi suddenly pulled him forward into a hug, Bastien returned it gladly and patted his friend on the back. "Thank you, my friend! It seems she is the only one capable of making me an honest man." He had never thought he'd get married. Commitment had never really been his style, but with Rexanna...it seemed natural.

Though, admittedly thoughts of his beloved were momentarily less interesting than the latest display of Remi's magic. The hovering ring before him made him very excited indeed, taking the paper when it was given to him and having to try very hard to resist drawing something immature to see if it would float too.

"I was thinking...like this." He began to draw an elegant design, 5 stones arranged along a waving ring. "With stones of a deep red. Do you think she would like it?" Really, he trusted his own tastes, but it was always good to get a second opinion.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
maybe its all gone black
"Ohh honest is it now?" Remi chuckled in return, pulling back to flash the ascended a wry smile. "Wonders never cease with Rexanna, but even I am impressed." He added with a hearty laugh as he shook his head.

Watching studiously as Bastien began to draw, the movements of the artist's hand so much more skilled than his own, a softly bemused smile tugged at Remi's lips as he saw not the garish sort of design he would have expected from someone as showy as Bastien, but a rather elegant arrangement of stones and colours.

"I do." Remi said with an encouraging nod. Obviously, Bastien knew his soon-to-be-betrothed much better than the alchemist did, but the ring was exquisite. She'd be a fool not to. Biting the inside of his lip, Remi almost shyly held out his own hand where his wedding ring now sat. "The rings I made for Ronin and I...they..." Gently he touched the dark and starry-looking material. "I can feel his heart beating at all times. And he mine." He added with a loving sort of half-smile. "If you would like something like that for yours...please let me know. I would be more than happy."
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
"Honest, yes, but not boring or traditional still. But...even I cannot flit about from bed to bed forever. Rexanna has taken my soul and clasped it in her elegant fingers." Bastien laid his hands over his chest and dipped his head, as if mourning the loss of his heart.

He was glad to hear Remi liked the ring - as much as he teased him, he did value the man's opinion in all things craft related. Perhaps he was not much of an artist in the traditional sense, but there was true talent in the design and execution of Remi's objects. Also, many of them had wonderful magic touches, like the rings Remi told him about.

"My, Remi, I did not take you for such a romantic. Do tell me, how is Ronin's heartbeat right now?" He teased, but couldn't go too long without taking on the offer. "But yes, I would love to have something special in our rings, when the time comes. I do not quite know yet, though. I will speak with Rexanna about it...that is..." He laughed and shrugged. "Assuming she agrees to marry me. But I think she will. Don't you?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
maybe its all gone black
Remi chuckled at this display, his grin wry as he shook his head. Bastien certainly had a way with words, but the newly-married alchemist especially thought he could see through the theatrics. See through to the actual love that there was in a steady stream, whirring away around Bastien's not-beating-heart.

"Oh no?" Remi replied with a quiet smile. Romantic he always had been, though until very recently there had never been much of an opportunity to show it. Still, Remi's romance was thoughtful but subdued in nature. A golden feather here, heartbeat rings there.

"How could she say no?" The alchemist chuckled, patting Bastien affectionately on the shoulder. In his hands a beautiful box appeared. Perhaps not so lovely as that which Deimos had made for Remi's wedding, but a suitable engagement-box nonetheless. "I wish you the very best of luck, my friend."
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
"Don't take me wrongly - I am sure you love well and deeply with the sturdy heart of any good hardworking craftsman." Bastien reached forward to poke Remi's chest, where his heart was. "But you never seemed the kind prone to gestures to me. You know. Rose petals on a bed or a song in the streets. Maybe I was wrong. This is...quieter. But It is sweet." He said, looking at the ring on Remi's finger with a smile.

He took the box, holding it up to the light and opening it, gasping in delight and clasping a hand to his chest when he saw the ring in all it's glory. From a drawing to an object in moments! "Sometimes I wish I could take you back to Venice and wow the people there. You could make a fortune, my friend, with your powers."

Placing the box in his pocket he reached out to shake Remi's hand. "Thank you. Hopefully next time you see me, I will be betrothed."