heathen’s kiss
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
i am the ocean, i am the sea
He feels her shoulders begin to tremble, but he makes no move on it until she decides. He wades slowly with her until the pebbles shift into the growth of the grasses underneath, his feet easily finding purchase with the plants he expects to find there. Not long, though, does Phoebe freak out — a small shriek and suddenly she’s in his arms. He steadies her, arms a strong pillar so she doesn’t fall into the water, knowing it’ll make things worse if she does. He gives her shoulders a light squeeze, his head above her own shoulder as Pim hops into the water to snatch the grasses.

He smiles as he notices the grasses and hums quietly to her. “Just some grass, sometimes there’s fish too. Most tend to leave you alone.” He says quietly over her shoulder, his eyes remaining on the dragon briefly before he steps back from her to give her his arm again and another charming grin. “Start again?” He asks with a tilt to his head, trying to be the best gentleman he could be so Phoebe could realize that the water is nice and harmless among what dangerous things lurked above the surface — the dangerous things that lurked within him too.
there is a world inside of me
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Seeing Pim swim over, Phoebe reached out and carefully took the grass out of his mouth. ”Oh…” she said quietly, cheeks flushing with embarrassment. She let the grass sink back down into the water…then realized she definitely wasn’t standing unsupported. Tilting her head up, she saw just how close Sunjata was, realizing that he must have grabbed onto her to keep her from falling in. ”Ah, sorry…” she mumbled, embarrassed, carefully stepping to the side to put some distance between them again.

She continued to try going forward, Pim swimming in wide circles around them, eyes trained on Sunjata, but once the water reached her chest she couldn’t. There was a drop off and suddenly there was no ground to stand on. ”Uhm…I don’t think I can go any farther…” she said, eyes widening with a bit of panic.
Cause getting your dreams
It's strange, but it seems
A little - well - complicated
There's a kind of a sort of : cost
There's a couple of things get: lost
There are bridges you cross
You didn't know you crossed
Until you've crossed
And if that joy, that thrill
Doesn't thrill you like you think it will
Still, why am I not happier?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
He offers her a charming smile as she apologizes, his tattooed shoulders raising in a small shrug as she steps away. If he’s being entirely honest, he doesn’t care that she’s slipped into his arms for however brief it might have been. He lets her set the pace, to decide when and how far she goes before stopping, and he follows close behind her until then. But right when the water reaches her chest does she stop, and he moves around to the small cliff to wade in front of her. “Look at you, Phoebe.” He begins with a grin. “You’ve done great.

He treads the water before her, keeping minimal waves from reaching her the best he can. “Now, just bend your knees and let the water support you. You’ll float so long as you lean back.” He instructs before padding a bit closer to her with a wider, more roguish smile. “I’ll be here to catch you if you drift astray.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
She smiled, a bit sheepishly, at his compliment, but it did make her feel a bit better. A bit. A very tiny, teeny bit. And only a bit because she knew just a smidgeon away was a cliff dropping down into endless watery abyss. No her cup of tea, no sir. The thought of leaning back and removing her feet from the security of the bottom was not one she cared for though. ”But what if I don’t float? What if I just sink?” she asked worriedly, tentatively picking one foot up ever so slightly.

Pim had other ideas though. He was gonna help! As one might suspect though, a small dragon’s idea of ‘helping’ wasn’t necessarily so. The pink dragon disappeared beneath the surface, swimming underneath Phoebe and shoving her leg out from under her. She squeaked in alarm again, falling back with a splash as her shoulders and head went under the water for a moment. She flailed though, which got her head back up and legs under her as Pim appeared a few feet away again. ”Pim!!” she shouted at him breathlessly.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Her worries were valid concerns, and he smiles to her to ward away her worries, a soft snort leaving him as he shakes his head. “You won’t.” He offers her easily, that same smile gracing his features. It seems the dragon has other plans, however, and the creature dips beneath the water and Jata loses him for a moment until Phoebe splashes into the water — her head going under until she regains it briefly.

But by that time, Jata is there, foot braced against the edge of the drop with hands underneath her to catch her should she sink again. “Breathe easy, you’re fine. You’re fine.” He hugs to her, looking down with a smile. “Just stay like that, you’ll float your worries away.” He adds with a playful wink before lowering his hands further into the water to show her that she’s doing it on her own. But they’re still there to catch her just in case. Then, as if he’s lightening the mood, he chuckles. “He’s a feisty one.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Oh, if Jata thought Phoebe was just going float there all nice and easy after nearly being drowned but her own dragon, he was about to be surprised. The arm that was under her lower back was the closest thing to her, and she grabbed onto it with both arms, clinging for dear life. Even her head was pulled up as far away from the water as it could be. ”I-I don’t know about this, I don’t think I’m made to swim.” she said, eyes wide with fear now. Being unceremoniously dunked under the water did nothing to calm her nerves.

From where Pim swam around he seemed to chuckle – a strange growly sort of noise that could be easily misconstrued for laughter. ”He’s a jerk is what she is.” Phoebe grumbled, very irritated with Pim now. Not that it helped – she was drenched, his shirt clinging to her, blonde hair all slicked back and floating in the water. She looked more pitiful than anything.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
She moves unexpectedly, clinging to his arm which causes him to lose his traction — his foot slips from the edge he had braced it on and he slides down with her still on his arm. The water comes up to his nose before he bob’s up with a chuckle, trying to keep her afloat. “Panicking makes it worse, just try to relax and take deep breaths.” He instructs, winking as though he had just given a perfect example. He moves away from the edge a bit, one arm splayed that she isn’t holding onto. And if she remains on his arm, she’ll join him out into the open depths.

His eyes linger on her with a small smirk. “Kick your legs out and you’ll be able to move around.” He says, demonstrating with a few kicks under the water that has him propelling back toward the edge of the drop where the ground returns again. He wonders if she’ll get it at first, but even still she’s done great so far. If nothing else she’ll at least be able to float if necessary.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe wasn’t actually that far up his arm when he fell backward so before she knew it her head was back underwater again which she had definitely decided she did not like. Nope, nope, nope! She noped her way right up Jata’s arm, legs kicking and arms scrambling to get her back up, using him as a support. It really wasn’t the long of a submersion but it felt like eternity before both their heads were back up in the air. Jata would find Phoebe clinging to him fully, arms around his neck, gasping for air.

Screw being ladylike, swimming was terrifying!

Her eyes were wide as she looked around, seeing Pim crawl his way onto a rock, shaking water off his scales before watching them. ”I-I don’t know about that…I don’t want my head to go under again.” she said, in perhaps a bit of a whine but she was clearly uncomfortable. Still, to appease him, she moved her legs a little bit, though it could barely be counted as swimming given how she clung to his neck.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
She clings like a cat in water, and Jata chuckles as he regains his balance. His arms are a strong support for her, and now that he’s balanced and still holds her, he can’t help but to grin down at her. “Darling,” He begins with a soft drawl. “That’s how you learn!” He says with a cheeriness to his voice as he tilts his head to her. She makes an effort, though, kicking her feet out — and Jata helps by turning slightly with her in the water in the direction she kicks.

Where I’m from, they threw us into the lake as children from above and told us to get out. We had to learn or drown.” He offers as though it’s the norm, leaning in toward her with a fiery gleam to his steel gaze. “I won’t let you do that.” He hums to her before withdrawing his head and smiling softly down toward her. If there’s anything about Jata’s homeland, it’s nothing short of wrong in all aspects. Perhaps that’s where he gets it from? A naturally hard life of fending for oneself. To either sink, or swim.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
The way he calls her darling, the near happy and simultaneously teasing lilt of his voice reminds her suddenly of Frey. And in a way, this seemed very much like something Frey would do – drop her in a pool and hang around to help but more or less just being there rather than doing much aside from not letting her drown. Pim tilted his head, watching curiously as the two spun in a circle in the water.

”I would have drowned.” she said without hesitation. She was being realistic. This was clearly not her natural inclination at all. ”Thanks…” she mumbles a bit grumpily. She would have thought that not letting her drown was the absolute least he could do but apparently not. Phoebe was clearly not like the people from his homeland. She was soft and weak and wholly unfit for that sort of a lifestyle. She needed others to swim for her – not that she was incapable but a fighter she was not. But slowly she pushed herself away, still gripping his shoulders with tight fingers, kicking her feet to keep her head up.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
She doesn’t really react to his tone of voice and his head tilts but the surprise is masked beneath. At the very least he was successful in getting her into the water, an accomplishment nonetheless. And as he relates his story to her and she replies, he chuckles warmly — the sound reverberating in his chest. “But you aren’t there.” He says, leaning in with a hint of tenderness as he lets his steel gaze linger on her face. “And you have me.” He hums as he turns in the water for another circle to spin her around until he withdraws again. Such arrogance, but for the time he’s gentle about it. She’s seen him swim, he can back up his claims.

He lets her steady herself to tread the water easier, and he remains as a pillar, eyes drifting up to her face as his hands hover beneath her elbows in case she needs it. He gives her a cheerful grin as she begins to kick to remain above water. “There, see? You’re doing great.” He praises, a wink toward her as he floats in the water. “It’s a great workout, too, once you get the hang of it.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She isn’t certain why, but the way he looks at her makes her feel a bit nervous. Not in a bad way per se, but she didn’t exactly want to admit the sort of way it was either. As his steely gaze met her warm brown one, he cheeks flushed. Now that she wasn’t in full on panic mode, she was realizing just how intimately close they were. Phoebe tried to remind herself that she would actually be dying right now if they weren’t so close. ”I appreciate that.” she said softly, with a little smile.

The praise and wink did nothing to ease her blush, but she did continue to smile a bit. Maybe…maybe this wasn’t so bad. ”I don’t think I will be swimming on my own any time soon though, if I am being honest.” she said with a light laugh. She was, after all, still holding onto his shoulders, nor would she be letting go anytime soon. This was more than enough progress for one attempt she thought.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He lets her figure out her footing, watching curiously as she treads the water easily and with just about as much grace as a cat thrown into a bath. He gives her an encouraging, white smile, as she blushes. A soft chuckle leaving his lips as he regards her and the statement she gives. His head tilts toward her, that same smile playing on his lips.

Ah, but I could be your teacher?” He offers helpfully and honestly. “Meet back here now and then, teach you the ways of becoming a Siren?” He edges his words a bit closer, more playfully, trying to see just how red he can get her with his fancy words and charming grin, his hands remaining a strong handhold on her to keep her from flailing in the water and keep her head above it. “What do you say?” He cocks his head to the side, waiting, watching.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She blinks at him, clearly surprised by his offer, but the confusion quickly turns to a blush of a slightly darker shade. If he knew her, he might not feel so triumphant in coaxing it out of her – it didn’t really take much to make her blush. Phoebe worried her lip a bit, hesitating for a moment – but really he had been very nice and patient with her. There wasn’t really a reason for concern, was there? ”Well…I’d have to be able to sing to be a Siren…and a lot prettier…but I would like to learn how to swim at least.” she said with a small but genuine smile.

But by now she was clearly getting tired. Her build was willowy and soft, not made for the level of effort it took to keep herself afloat for a long period of time, and she was having trouble keeping her head above water. Pim gave a small warning roar, eyeing Jata closely. Time to get out, or Pim would make them get out.
Until you've crossed