heathen’s kiss
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
i am the ocean, i am the sea
He chuckles another deep rumbling laugh when she blinks in surprise. But he remains nearby to give her an anchor in the water, despite his shoulders shrugging, raising and lowering with the gesture. “You don’t have to sing, it just helps bring attention.” He grins then, but notices her tiredness when it comes to keeping her head above the water. He moves them closer to the edge where she should be able to stand before he reaches up and brushes his water slicked hair out from his face.

He offers her his arm again and a rogue grin. “Great, well the first lesson went great” He chuckles again, eyes drifting toward the pink dragon along the bank as he begins to make their trip back to land, even if he wishes to stay in it longer. The sun wanes overhead, and well he’d hope she had better and far more interesting plans than remaining with him, however pretty she is. His head tilts to her as the water reaches below his hips now and he casually removes his arm to allow her to move toward the edge by herself if she wanted to.
there is a world inside of me
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
"Oh, so I can just wave my arms like a madwoman then? That will coax sailors to their deaths too?" she said with a light laugh, joking of course. She might not have lived near water, but she did know siren lore at least. But she was glad when he pulled them closer to shore, especially when her feet gained purchase on the floor of the Oasis again. In fact, she breathed a little sigh of relief. When he lifted a hand to brush back her hair though, the look of surprise returned, and she looked away bashfully; even if a small smile did work its way onto her lips.

As he looked at Pim, he would catch the little dragon staring back at him, eyeing him in a distinctly predatory way. It didn't last though, as the dragonling launched himself into the air, flying lazy circles around the two of them. "You're too kind, I'm not certain I did great." Phoebe said with a laugh, wringing water out of her thick, long blonde locks as she carefully made her way up to the bank. It would be even more clear just how dainty she was now, made mostly of long thin legs, with light curvature shown through the wet fabric that now clung to her. Phoebe was more feminine in build in the delicate way, rather than the bodacious sort. "I will go change quick then bring you back your shirt, okay?" she said with a smile up at him.
Cause getting your dreams
It's strange, but it seems
A little - well - complicated
There's a kind of a sort of : cost
There's a couple of things get: lost
There are bridges you cross
You didn't know you crossed
Until you've crossed
And if that joy, that thrill
Doesn't thrill you like you think it will
Still, why am I not happier?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
He gives her a knowing look before chuckling once more. But then when they reach the edge and she moves away, he listens while she speaks. “You’ll get there.” He offers with a quiet smile, head tilting slightly as Pim begins to fly around in circles. He raises a. Row at the dragon before turning his attention back to the water's edge and where the rest of her clothes are. He follows out after her, the water clinging to his body as it slides down and away, the sun beginning to dry his shoulders off already.

The only thing he’s wearing right now are his shorts, and they cling to him from the water as he regards Phoebe. “You can keep the shirt, I have more.” He lifts a hand and makes a gesture that shows he doesn’t mind, passing it off as though the shirt is nothing. He meanders over to his pile of clothes, bending down into the edge of the water and the grasses to pull out his pants and boots, wrapping them up carefully before he glances back to Phoebe with that same charming smile. “I have no doubt that dragon of yours is a good body guard, but if you need another I can help you home too.” He gives her a small grin.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe twisted her hair into a bun atop her head, securing it with its own weight. Perks of thick hair. "Maybe. If you don't get frustrated with me and just let me flail in the Oasis." she said with a laugh. She saw him glance up towards Pim and she smiled. "Don't worry about Pim. Frey gave him to me for protection but he is nice once he gets used to you." she assured.

She was doing her best, not to look at the shorts, her cheeks reddening a bit at the slight look she already did get. "K-keep it? Oh I can't do that!" she said feeling badly. But...well it would make getting dressed easier. So she pulled her skirt back on after ringing out his shirt a bit. "I'll wash it and bring it back to you." she promised. Pim landed next to her and she tied her shirt around his neck like a cape. The offer to walk her home took her by surprise though. "O-oh, well...that would be nice." she said, blushing as she put her slip on shoes back on her dainty fleet.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
The man glances to Phoebe with a small charming smirk as she proclaimed he’d grow tired of her and leave her to flail in the Oasis. A husky laugh leaves him and he shakes his head to her. “Me? Never.” He drawls playfully before his attention snags on the dragon and Phoebe’s words reach his ears — her glance to him unnoticed but if her noticed it would’ve been appreciated with a wiggle of his eyebrows. Instead he nods with a quiet chuckle. “I’ll take your word for it.” He rumbles to her, before he recalls Frey’s name falling twice from her lips. Perhaps it’s a question for the walk home.

He wraps his jacket and pants around his waist, but is fine to walk the rest of the way barefoot — his gaze rising to Phoebe’s before he dips his head. “If you’d rather do that, then sure. Seems like a lot of work.” He snorts before focusing on the Settlement in the distance. He looks back to Phoebe waiting for her to take the lead the way to her home. “So this Frey you’ve mentioned, who is he?” He asks casually, hoping it wouldn’t be her father waiting at the doorstep for his daughter's return. Jata isn’t exactly the type of boy most fathers wanted their daughters with, after all. And he chose his battles wisely.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"I'll remind you of that when you do then." she joked, walking up next to him as he finished getting ready to go back to the domiciles. Pim stayed at her heels, keeping an eye on Jata still. But he seemed less outrightly aggressive from before. "Oh no, it really isn't that much work. I have laundry to do anyways." she said with a light shrug and a smile. One extra shirt wasn't going to add that much extra work.

The young blonde took the lead, heading back towards the domiciles. "You don't know who Frey is? Have you not heard of the old gods?" she asked curiously. "Though Frey isn't a he per se. They is a more accurate word to use." she said with a small smile. "Frey is the herald of Rae. They are the god of sex, passion, and fertility. I am a midwife so our lines of work intersect a lot, and they have come to be a very dear friend of mine." she said with a smile.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Deal.” He replies with a chuckle, but nods none the less as she comments about laundry. He appreciates the act in and of itself, always doing his best to look put together and clean. But had she been going out of her way to wash his one single shirt, that’s when he’d grow a bit concerned. Still, he lets her lead the way while walking beside her – glancing down to her now that their height difference is evident,  listening while she speaks of whom this mysterious Frey is.

At the mentions of gods, his brow raises further. “O-Oh.” He stammers for a moment, before he collects himself and grins with a raised brow at her. “I’m new here, haven’t heard of any of the gods really. But they seem like they might be up my alley too. Perhaps I should pay them a visit too.” It sounds as though he’s cheerfully jesting, but deep down it’s truthful. Who wouldn’t want to align with that? She mentions she’s a midwife, and he nods in response to that, not paying it much mind. It seemed like a typical job for a woman, something he could support. “Got your hands full with babies here?” He questions with a tilt to his head and that same charming grin.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe couldn't help but laugh a bit at his reaction to who Frey was. Men were all the same. She glanced up at him with a slight raise of her brow and a smirk. "I wouldn't be so quick to assume that. Most who meet Frey are not particularly keen to meet them again. They can be very extreme and have little patience for those who do not know their preferences." she said by way of gentle warning. Phoebe had put a lot of work into getting her relationship with Frey where it was, and she noticed that the preconceived notion of what Frey appreciated was generally lost on most.

His smile makes a blush a little but she shook her head, smiling a little herself. "Not as many as I am used to from my home world. But I've other things to occupy my time. I started the Medical College as well and have been researching the blight in the Greatwood." she said. But he had mentioned he was new, and she wondered if he had managed to find a suitable trade. "How has your transition to Caido been? Have you managed to find work yet?" she asked.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He gives her a small grin as she laughs and explains, a brow raised in his direction. He nods in understanding but chuckles all the same. “Can’t blame a man for trying.” He leans toward her, elbow snaking out to bump into hers with the joke before he gives her more space again. “The gods back at my home were nonexistent. The family I came from were considered gods.” He offers offhandedly, a small shrug. “We cast the judgement, we cast the punishment. A hard place to grow up, but it made you resourceful.” He glances over to her and gives her a small wink.

But she mentions she’s a midwife, and he asks about children. He nods as they walk, ignoring the information about the blight as he thinks on how she’s a healer, and another part of him relishes in that. Ah, yes, a very womanly job. “A healer then? You’re quite the catch.” He rumbles with a smile, but the smile falters as she questions about his transition. His shoulders rise and fall in another shrug, looking off straight ahead. “It’s been a change, but luckily work is easy to come across. I’ve got a gig.” He acknowledges with a quiet chuckle, a point he won’t elaborate on.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She blushed a bit, smiling at the gesture as she veered ever so slightly to the side. When he said his family were considered gods though, her eyes widened. ”Were…you actually gods or just royalty?” she asked, curiously. ”I was a nobody.” she said with a light shrug, looking at the ground. ”Just a common girl from a quarry village. I only ever saw the capital where the royal family lived once.” Briefly she wondered if this knowledge would be enough to revoke his offer of swimming lessons. Some people held pretty strongly to such traditions after all.

Her blush darkened at his words. A…a catch? Her? ”Oh I’m not certain about that. If I were a catch I’d already be caught, wouldn’t I?” she said with a light laugh and a pretty smile. She was a bit too humble for her own good at times, not being one of them. ”A gig doing what?” she asked curiously, tilting her head to the side, wide brown eyes fully innocent of any thoughts that it might be less than honest work, despite his curious response.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Were… you actually gods or just royalty?” He hears her question, and his head turns to let his steel gaze wash over her face. “Gods in a way.” He replies easily, with a shrug as though it’s nothing. Really, it depended on who you asked, but Jata would always have aligned himself closer to the higher beings. There was power when people thought you were invincible, a power that he craved and strove for. But his eyes roam her face briefly when she mentions she was a nobody, and he gives her another roguish charming grin. “I’d say you were important, a healer and all that.” He acknowledges with a small wink.

She backpedals with his compliment though, and his smile grows wider. Ah, so she isn’t caught? A good bit of information. “A shame.” He replies, smoldering eyes lingering on her while they walk before he looks forward and she asks what he does. He doesn’t elaborate fully, but his shoulders shrug. “I’m like… A contractor. I go and help people who come to me when they need it.” He says easily, as though he’s doing wonderful work rather than something terrible.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Her eyes widened with surprise and wonder. So…he had been something of a god then? Clearly that such a thing were possible hadn’t occurred to her before. ”It must be quite the change, going from being a god to a normal human.” she said. She couldn’t even fathom it really. Not much had really changed about her personally in coming to Caido, but she supposed it was possible for someone of great power to be reduced in coming here. She smiled at him a little though as he tried to build her up. ”We just have a very strict hierarchical structure. Even if you were skilled, if you were born common, you held no status or importance.” she said with a light shrug.

It was hard not to squirm under the intensity of his gaze – she felt almost observed rather than simply looked at; almost as if he could see right through her. But fortunately he focuses on his work and she tries to make sense of it. ”So…you’re a master tradesman?” she asked, that being the only thing in her vocabulary that sort of matched. ”Or are you a fighter sort, a mercenary?” Both were fine trades in her mind, one more practical, one more based in a sense of duty. They were nearing the clinic now and Phoebe pulled out her little set of keys.

Upon opening the door he would be welcomed by the usual smells of herbs and warm spices, the entire clinic decked out like the coziest little place in Caido. In addition was the smell of something cooking – some sort of meat roasting to be precise. ”Would you like something to eat? It’s the least I can do for you showing me how to swim a bit today.” she said with a warm smile.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He nods with understanding, a small hint of a smile playing at the corners of his lips. “It’s an adjustment.” He admits, reaching up to rub the back of his neck with his hand before it falls back to his side. His head tilts to her as she speaks, listening and understanding to an extent. They had a similar thing there, except he was born on the right side. Born uncommon, born a god, born to be perfected. But he doesn’t elaborate, instead he lets her imagine – he finds it easier that way.

She asks if she’s a master tradesman, and his gaze remains ahead of them as if he’s watching where he’s stepping, until she pauses and mentions a fighter sort – that’s probably the easiest answer. He looks over to her with a small shrug. “More of a mercenary.” He admits with a quiet rumble of a chuckle. But before long, she’s grabbing her keys and they’re at the doorstep. He reaches up to brace one had on the door frame as she opens the door – but he remains outside, wanting not to pry, but still perhaps a small amount in her space.

She questions if he’d like something to eat and he chuckles with a roll of his shoulders. “I suppose that’s payment enough.” He adds, stepping up the last step to enter the home should Phoebe let him. “That would be great, Phoebe.” He adds, as if his first statement wasn’t enough of an acceptance for her. “What did you have in mind?
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
A mercenary then? She smiled at him warmly and nodded. "That's a good and needed line of work. Especially since the whole standing army thing seems to have fallen apart." she said. With Zariah suddenly gone, Edrei had yet to do anything with the groundwork she had laid. So mercenaries seemed a necessity, given there were no formal protection forces in the Grounds.

The young midwife grinned when he accepted her offer. It would make her feel better to have given something in return for his help. "I've had some beef roasting with some vegetables and gravy." she said as she headed into the kitchen at the far back of the clinic. Pim scurried after her, sniffing the air with anticipation, easily distracted from Jata by the smell of yummy food. He waited by the oven, trilling with excitement as Phoebe pulled out the pan.
Until you've crossed