heathen’s kiss
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
i am the ocean, i am the sea
Mercenary seems to be the correct thing to say, and he glances over to her with a quiet smile and a nod as she agrees about the line of work; internally he exhales with it, thankful she hasn’t delved in too deep. And not long after, they’re at her place, and he follows her in easily — nose sniffing and breathing the wonderful smells of the food she’s been cooking. He takes a moment to pause, however, glancing about the clinic before he finds a spot to place his boots, and easily unties his bundle of pants from his waist, sliding them on with ease.

He still remains shirtless and barefoot, but he doesn’t mind one bit as he makes his way into the kitchen and leans casually against a table while he watches Pim linger by the oven. His eyes drift back to Phoebe and he gives her another of his charming grins. “It smells delicious.” He tells her as he lifts his head, rolling his neck just enough to crack it before his steel gaze lingers on her. “Do you always make enough food to share with strangers?” He chuckles lightly, but there’s still that question in his eyes.
there is a world inside of me
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Phoebe went about finishing up the supper, now that she had a guest to serve. But you see, this was one of Pim’s favorite parts. As she went about cutting the roast, every time she came across a particularly fatty piece, she would toss it off to the side. With practiced ease Pim would jump up and catch it right out of the air, grumbling contentedly with his off-cuts. ”I’m glad you think so. Hopefully you’ll think it tastes as good as it smells.” she said with a smile his direction.

Shortly after she brought him a generous helping of the supper she had prepared, as well as a glass of water and a few slices of buttered bread. ”Yes, actually.” she said with a light laugh. ”I never know when people are going to stop by or when new people will appear here that need help. And if it doesn’t get eaten right away I can always make leftover pie with it. Or give it to Pim.” she said, sitting down with her own plate then.
Cause getting your dreams
It's strange, but it seems
A little - well - complicated
There's a kind of a sort of : cost
There's a couple of things get: lost
There are bridges you cross
You didn't know you crossed
Until you've crossed
And if that joy, that thrill
Doesn't thrill you like you think it will
Still, why am I not happier?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
It’s easy for Jata to stand there and watch for a few moments while Phoebe gets to work, it’s even easier when she speaks about how it tastes, a chuckle leaving his lips as he regards her before taking a seat at the table she’s been preparing. “I’m sure it’s great.” He says with a quieter sound, his steel gaze remaining on her as she works with the food before she serves it to him. There’s a part of it that feels right, like home, where women held women’s jobs and made dinner for their men when they got home from work. All things considered, it was nice.

But Jata has manners too, and he waits until Phoebe returns with her own meal, waiting for her to take her first bite before he does. His eyes roam over her face as she speaks and he gives her a crooked grin over the table of food. “That’s kind of you.” He admits, beginning to eat the meal she’s prepared, his eyes drifting down toward it as the taste settles on his tongue. Perhaps he hadn’t realized how hungry he was, but he grows a bit silent and focused, akin to a wolf with a meal and somehow politely devours, until he grabs a piece of the buttered bread to soak some of the stews liquid. His eyes lift toward Phoebe while he does it. “It does taste as good as it smells. You’re a great cook, too. What can’t you do?” He hums to her, leaning a bit on the table with one arm while his other hand begins to soak up the liquid with the bread — his smoldering gaze remaining on her with the question that hangs in the air.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe was rather the epitome of one who conformed to traditional female roles. She kept a clean home and clinic, one that felt homey and comfortable. She cooked and clearly had a nurturing side. But she did have other pursuits, her practice as well as the medical college – she was busy and not one prone to laziness. Though as of late, this combination of traits seemed to have gone unnoticed.

She smiled back at him, displaying her own manners as she waited to respond to him until her mouth wasn’t full of dinner. ”I try to be helpful. I was one of the first group of Outlanders that appeared here…and there really was next to nothing. It was hard…so I just want to do what I can to make it easier for other people.” she said with a soft smile. Phoebe was a kind hearted soul, not one who could stop herself from doing what she could to help others. The young blonde grinned as Jata dug into his meal with gusto, eating her much smaller portion with more reserve – but it was nice seeing her food appreciated. The compliment caught her off guard though, and she blushed in response. ”I can’t lie. I’m awful at it.” she admitted with a laugh.

”If you want seconds, let me know. But there is dessert too if you would like that as well.” she said, feeling very small as he stared at her. He had quite an intense gaze, one she wasn’t sure how to bear, and so blushing instead.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He listens while she explains, speaks of being one of the first group of Outlanders. And for a moment, Sunjata tries to imagine it – the confusion, strange amount of things that had happened, a barren wasteland for a home. Yet, somehow he wonders based on her previous description if it’s actually better than her other world. He’d take his previous world and their harsher customs, their harsher laws, (laws he broke) over this place. But at least it seemed a bit unruly, and he had already found a niche with Lucas and the rest.

But as he swirls his bread around the bowl, his eyes lift to meet her face, and he raises a brow at her reply. A soft snort leaves him and he offers her a smile. “No…” He begins, some of that previous arrogance making a display. “A bleeding heart and a truthful tongue?” He hums with a tilt of his head. “Well, don’t be telling too many about that. There’s a few unsavory people out there, might use it against you.” He offers easily, as though he’s met a few of those and wasn’t one himself. He glances to her with that smoldering gaze again. "Though you seem prepared to handle that." He smiles, glancing around the clinic and the medicine within it briefly before his eyes land back on her.

He sits back as he finishes the meal and lets his gaze linger on her again as she mentions dessert after seconds and he notices the blush that creeps along her cheeks. “Dessert too? You know how to catch the best of us.” He drapes one of his arms along the back of his chair as he looks to her, turning his head slightly to run a hand through his now dry hair, his scar full in the light that snaked from behind his ear to his neck, to the top of his chest. And then he glances back to her with a small smile. “What is for dessert?
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Her eyes widen and cheeks turn bright red at his reaction to her confession. There is a hint of worry though - unsavory people? Like who? The most unsavory person she knew was Bastien and he was just a conceited jerk, not particularly unsavory. "I am?" she said, glancing around to see what he thought made her prepared to handle that sort of situation. Her eyes fell on Pim. "Because I have Pim?" she asked.

"C-catch? Catch what? Men??" she stuttered realizing halfway through her question what he meant. "Oh, no no no, exactly the opposite. I've only had one boyfriend and ended very badly..." she said, sadness overcoming her for a moment as thoughts of Emmett came up. But she quickly shoved them away, not wishing to ponder on it now. She smiled and shook her head. "I'm not important or pretty enough for anyone to really notice. I'll probably end up alone with a bunch of cats or something." she joked. But the tone seemed to shift as Jata did, and her face turned a deep shade of crimson. Why on earth was her heart racing?!

"U-uhm, I made a lemon drizzle cake with a blueberry sauce." she said.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
As she blushes, he can’t conceal the grin that forms on his face. He gives her a slow nod, eyes sliding toward her as she glances around for Pim and other things. “Pim, yes, but I’m sure you could make something here to protect yourself.” He offers the information easily, remaining leaned back and settled until she stutters and his grin grows a bit wider. “Yes.” He says bluntly before she speaks of her previous boyfriend and his brows furrow together.

How terrible.” He replies, a small amount of sadness in his voice at realization and as she continues to speak, though deep within he’s taking in all of the information like he’s writing them down on a list. “I’d hazard to guess you haven’t met the right man, then.” He hums, smoldering, steely gaze lingering on her face. She could do, that’s for sure. His internal checklist was being checked on all the important bits so far. A womanly profession, doesn’t ask too many questions. Yes, this could work.

He gives her a rogue charming grin as she explains what she’s made for dinner, and he leans forward on the table to give her his full attention. “Lemon’s my favorite.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She blinked in confusion, trying to figure out what he might mean as wide brown eyes slid over to the medicine cabinets. "Ohhh." she said, pondering for a moment more. "You mean like making a tranquilizer? I suppose I could make something like that, though I've never tried." she said. She was too good hearted and innocent of mind to think of something less complicated like a poison that would do permanent damage.

Again he stares at her with that smoldering gaze and her whole face alights with a crimson shade. It makes her feel tiny and vulnerable in a way she isn't used to...not in a bad way just different. "I suppose not." she said with a little shrug, unsure how to respond other than that really. And as he leaned forward, still staring at her with that steely gaze, her heart began to race. She smiled brightly, still blushing as she did so when he said his favorite was indeed lemon. "Wonderful! Let me get you a slice then." she said. Phoebe stood and took both their empty plates to the sink, returning with a slice of bright yellow cake with an almost blueberry pie like sauce on top.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
She’s confused by what he means, and his head tilts as that smile blooms on his face. “Something like that, I’m sure you could do it.” He says, running through the options in his head of what could be made with all of these items within her clinic. He doesn’t let his gaze linger too long, not to grow suspicious, and his gaze slips back toward her as she turns beat red when he leans along the table, and there’s nothing that preens his ego more.

And he knows deep down his comment makes her unsure, makes her shrug and stand with a bright, brilliant, wonderful smile as she grabs the plates and heads to bring dessert. His smile falters, but he watches casually (internally calculating) as she brings dessert over. His eyes devour the sight of the cake, and he can’t help but to run his tongue along his lower lip as she sets it down before him. Glancing up to her with that simmering gaze, he reaches up in the hopes of grabbing onto her arm gently. “You truly are a gem.” He says gently, a hum as he pauses, waiting for the blush, before he turns his attention back toward the cake.

Then he picks up his fork and begins to dive in.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
”I will have to give it a try sometime.” she said with a small smile. She could think of lots of ways such a thing could be used medically anyways. Especially now that she had the numbing poultice, she could use the tranquilizer to actually make someone sleep through a painful procedure. Really, she wondered briefly why she hadn’t considered it before.

But the hand on her arm caught her very much by surprise and she startled a bit, looking at him wide eyed with concern. Was something wrong? Her heart began to race and then…a compliment? Her cheeks blaze red again, seemingly in a perpetual state of blush, and she looks away bashfully. ”You’re really too kind.” she said with a small smile, her modesty shining through. ”I hope you like it.” she said as she takes her seat, hopeful that the cake is appreciated just as much as the main meal was.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He startles her, and he offers a small smile of apology as he releases her arm after complimenting her – his steel gaze dropping to meet the cake as he begins to eat it. A small grumble leaves his throat as his eyes lift toward hers after he’s about halfway through. “It’s perfect.” He replies, dropping his attention again to finish the cake. It doesn’t take him long to do so, having only realized how little he’s eaten (and how terrible the food) until Phoebe’s cooking sparked that hunger within him.

When he’s done, he sucks on the fork for a moment before regarding her again and sitting back in the chair. “So… The place you came from before, is this an upgrade for you?” He asks, gesturing to the clinic around them and Caido in its entirety. He’s trying to garner an idea of what this place is like for other Outlanders – or if it’s like the case with Lucas and him, a complete downgrade. While he waits for a response, he plays with the fork, moving it about his fingers with quick dexterity, a small amount of showmanship within it.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe positively beams at his compliment of the cake, finishing her own as the picture of radiant happiness after that. She liked taking care of people, and she especially liked when people liked the things she did for them. Yes, Sunjata was a new acquaintance, but it didn’t make his appreciation of her cooking any less satisfying. If anything, it was more so, because he had no real reason to try to boost her ego.

She considers quietly for a moment. ”Well…it isn’t as…organized as the place I was from. We had nice buildings and paved roads and things like that. But I have a bit more freedom here – I could never have started a college back home because of my status as a commoner. And we were always at war so…at least there isn’t that here.” she said with a small smile – but it wasn’t so bright as the one before. ”I think it is lonely here though. None of my family were brought here, and while I have made some new friends, some that I’d consider family, I still miss having others around during times like this.” she said. She lived alone. She cooked alone. She slept alone. A lot of times she worked alone. It would have been nice to have someone around with more regularity.
Until you've crossed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He listens while she speaks, eyes following her face and the way she reacts in response to the information she gives. He tries to imagine it, and imagines it very similarly to his own home – at least for the more common people. He wasn’t a part of it, but he had seen it when he served for his father in the streets. His head tilts as he watches her, listening, engaging. And her smile falters, not as bright, and he offers her a small sorrowful smile in response. “My sister didn’t come with me either.” He says quietly, still playing with the fork in his offhand as he looks to her.

I have a few friends here too, but alas I’m very new here and haven’t met a whole lot of people. I only just found that poor excuse of a lake today when you stumbled across me.” He says, trying to lighten the mood with a small husky laugh. “Though from my family dynamic, disregarding my sister of course, friends make the best family. Lineages get too… excuse my language, fucked up for a lot of things.” He rolls his shoulders in a shrug, still shirtless. “It’s too much of you don't get a choice, too many hands put into your lives to make you what they want you to be. I preferred to break the tradition of my family and fled with my sister.” He offers easily, not adding the whole killing and maiming. It’s better that way.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She tilted her head slightly, listening to him talk. As he went on she quietly rose, taking his dishes to the sink, clearly still listening, just not content to sit idle when she could listen and get the dishes cleaned or leftovers put away. ”I think that’s the problem for everyone, whether you are noble or a god or a common person.” she said softly, eyes focused on making him a container of left over dinner and dessert he could take with him. ”When you’re common you don’t get a choice in anything. You do what you are told or you go to jail. If you’re noble, I suppose the stakes are just a bit…higher. It’s more tangible.” she said and smiled at him a little, showing off her ability to reason and relate. She wasn’t just a pretty face and a good cook, she had a good head on her shoulders.

”I had three older sisters and an older brother. We were considered one of the ‘small’ families in my town.” she said with a light, wistful laugh. ”It’s…an adjustment, going from that to just a few good friends. But I know what you mean. My friend Remi is really more like a brother to me now than just a friend.” she said, bringing the few containers of food over to him. ”Here, you should take some of this with you. If you’re living on your own now I’m sure a home cooked meal isn’t easy to come by.” she said with a warm smile.
Until you've crossed