wonderland
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
say it's here where our pieces fall in place
Remi's brows furrowed ever so slightly, unsure if Ronin's words were meant to be taken as optimism or denial. But why not both? "Mmmmm." The alchemist agreed half-heartedly. Yes they were doing a lot, but in his workshop Remi could do a lot to try and invent time travel. It didn't mean any of it was even remotely helpful, just as staring blankly at blighted plants and making stubs out of his charcoal taking notes might not be helpful either.

"Well, at least we do not have to worry about her." Remi offered with a shrug, softly nosing one of Aoife's neck-wrinkles and making her cackle.

'And...perhaps you were right to. Blight or not I suppose that was an insensitive thing to have done...err, asked." He added a touch lamely.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Ronin Taliesin
they say it's all been done
but they haven't seen the best of me
Why not both? Ronin didn't even know if they were fighting the blight any more, or just pretending to. Either way, his symptoms were getting worse (and more dramatic too, hooray!) and he was apparently just treating his loved ones like shit now. Still, glancing at Aoife, he let out a relieved sigh, his expression warming to something close to adoration as he listened to her laugh. "Yeah," he agreed wholeheartedly.

Whatever happened to him was by the wayside as long as his daughter was okay, though he didn't want to say it. Insensitive or not, it didn't really excuse Ronin's words or behaviour, and he shrugged guiltily. "I meant what I said," he muttered. "In a crisis there's no question, but I don't see why else you would just... give yourself away. But I'm not you, and it's your choice to make."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"If it did not feel like anything, would you mind?" Remi asked, very much wanting to move onto literally anything else, but knowing that these answers had to be given eventually. Ronin kept saying things like give yourself away, but was that actually the problem? Or was it the fact that, when teeth were in his skin, he was inclined to want whomever it was just as strongly as he did his own husband?

Because...there were ways around everything surely. A way to make Remi impervious to the ascended toxins, somehow?
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"Probably," Ronin muttered, sighing and nibbling at his bottom lip, either unaware or uncaring that it would open the cut afresh. "Not as much, though. It would bother me more that... I don't know. That you must think very little of yourself to let people bleed you dry." He shrugged, not knowing how to phrase it well.

Right now though, yes, it most certainly hit a nerve that Remi let Ascended take what was his, and it made him hard as a rock and close to orgasm. That definitely caused his hackles to rise a bit. "You're the most important person in my life, Remi. The only other person who comes close is in your arms. And people don't get to just take from you."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Ouch. The alchemist stiffened at that making Aoife grumble unhappily in his arms. Flapping her hands in a clear indication that she was bored and hungry and wanted Ronin, she murmured a sleepy sort of sound that would be an indication to both parents that her tolerance for all this chatter was nearly used up.

"They don't..." Frowning, Remi tried to explain. "It...is it any different to you being tired, after helping someone train? You lending them your skills, with some amount of fatigue after?"

It soothed him slightly to hear that indeed, even in this mood Ronin could still be kind. But whereas Ronin had hackles the alchemist had feathers, feathers that a few words couldn't simply blend back into his curls. "Fine." He said at last, not wanting to argue. Ronin might have asked Remi anything and the alchemist would likely have given it to him, but this seemed...a touch more controlling than Remi liked.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
The barbs on the tip of his tongue wanted to spit that Ronin didn't help anyone train any more, he just ate dirt and got his ass handed to him, but he bit it back and took a long, calming breath through his nose. Remi was right, and it wasn't any different. The whole getting off on it thing was a definite sore point, but if that was mitigated then... well. They were back to square one, and it was up to Remi. That had never changed. Although apparently it had, according to his husband.

"It isn't fine though," he muttered. "I'm sorry. Like I said, maybe it's me - maybe I can't get the image of a Bloodfiend out of my head enough for this. Not right now, anyway. As long as you're happy, and safe... that's all that matters really. It's all that ever mattered."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"If you do not want me to, I won't." Remi said briskly. "Because it is not just my body anymore. Not just my happiness, my safety. It is us." Had he a free hand, he would have reached out for Ronin. As it was, his were full of an upset toddler.

"Come on. Aoife is going to pull out all of my feathers if we do not feed her soon." Remi sighed feeling suddenly quite disheartened about the whole thing. The phrase, we can talk about it later, we do not need to decide this now had just crossed his mind, making him realize that actually, that might not be true at all.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"That's an awkward question - in what realm would I want you to?" Ronin asked, raising an eyebrow at the other man and picking at a loose thread on his shirt. Still, Remi had a good point about feathers and feeding their daughter, and he nodded obediently and shuffled out of the room. "At least you have a lot of feathers," he mumbled, padding downstairs and into the kitchen so he could wash his hands.

Once they were clean he began to potter about to make breakfast; the one meal of the day he thought he was reasonably good at, especially now that Aoife was slightly beyond 'bland mush' as food.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Shooting his husband a hopelessly frazzled sort of look, the alchemist could only shrug. In this, as in so many other things, they were just different. Remi would indeed bleed himself nearly dry for almost anyone, so long as he had enough energy to make it back home to Ronin. The personal cost had never mattered to him. Even with so much to lose now, it was hard to see himself as worth anything.

At least you have a lot of feathers. For a beat, Remi stood silently, wondering at those words. Just a throwaway comment? Or was it meant as something insidious and hurtful? He didn't want to believe it was the latter, but in the twilit hours that would follow, he'd replay those words over and over.

Follow he did though, humming as he trotted down the steps. Using his new manticore wings that didn't require the use of his arms, he wrapped himself and Aoife up in golden feathers in perhaps the most exaggerated game of peekaboo they'd played yet, while Ronin pottered around the kitchen.

~FIN