flaw in my code
for Nephele <3
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
KIADA
i dream of gods and monsters
At least now when Kiada ventures toward the Greatwood, it’s no longer such an off limits ordeal. She had avoided it for a time, after spending her time within the Pit and being sacrificed to the Tulminhar, she had a lot to sort out. It isn’t fear, per say, but rather… Anxiety, that eats at her stomach when she steps within the Greatwood. And the first place she goes, with Auni in tow, is the blood red waterfall where the blighted Siren had been once.

She doesn’t know what she aims to look for, or if she’s just trying to get away, and so she makes her way toward the edge of the water – where the rocks meet land, and sits. Her iceberg gaze drifting to the crimson waters and feeling something akin to rebirth, as she dwells in silence with Auni who lays beside her. His antlers glow a soft golden hue that’s reflected in her face in the light of the rising sun, and she sighs content as she leans against her Luxere.

Perhaps this is a good start, to getting off on new feet. Avoiding the root of issues never seemed to do much, so here she is – right in the thick of it.
and of the man who knew i was both
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The day is crisp but clear, wind whistling and humming its song as it darts between the brittle leaves still clinging to their birth-branches. Nephele hums alongside its intrinsic tune, the soft vibrating noise of her wings trailing behind her as she flies. Gentle hands reach out to graze against fragile edges, tracing wind-chilled bark with calloused fingertips. Though the day is undeniably beautiful and should be appreciated - as snow and ice swiftly approaches - Nephele cannot spare her attention to soaking in the sights and sounds of her beloved woods.

After trying all her normal botanical concoctions against the Blight samples she'd carefully harvested, Nephele had admitted to herself that she could not stay buried in books with old, well-practiced knowledge. New chemicals needed to be tested and combined, no matter the inherent danger. If they could figure it out through trial and error, so could Neph.

So she alights upon the top of the waterfall, peering fearlessly over the edge as foam and spray dampens the edges of her dress. It is clear and uninterrupted at its start, and what interests the flamehaired Fae is the lichen in its pool. With a careless step forward she lets herself freefall, dress whipping against her thighs and chilled water speckling across her face. It's a flare for the dramatic, but there's no fear here, only the hum of her wingbeats as she catches the updraft and steps onto the beach. As she's reaching into her satchel for her harvesting equipment however she realizes abruptly that she's not alone.

Instinct screams to chase away the wingless intruder, as fiercely protective of the Greatwood as a mother bear protecting her cubs. But she recalls Delah's firm words, clings to her own curiosity about the Outlanders, and swallows down her rage. Nonetheless her copper wings vibrate uneasily, carrying her up from the sand to float scant inches above as she flies over to the interloper.

What empathy remains in her heart for the girl draws Nephele's attention to her quiet form and drawn countenance. But the Fae doesn't care about propriety, too intrigued to leave the woman to her pondering even with the call of interesting lichen to be harvested beckoning her back.

"An interesting place to wander to, what brings you here?" Nephele doesn't beat around the bush, tucking her wings neatly against her back and refolding the top of her satchel to keep her equipment as clean as possible.

Your goodness must have some edge to it -- else it is none
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
KIADA
It doesn’t take much for Auni to notice the Fae, and with it Kiada’s mind reels herself in. She feels like she might be on edge, ever so slightly, awaiting the ropes and vines they had used to capture her before. But her mind, and Luxere, quell her fears as she realizes that she’s allowed to be here now. She’s not destroying or bringing terror upon the Greatwood, and so she feels as though she’s the least of many issues.

She is surprised when the fae’s words are angled to her. And she turns her head slightly to look upon the woman with coppered wings, a sinking feeling in her gut. “Last time I was in these woods, I was in your pit. I thought I might see what better views there are.” She replies simply, draping an arm over Auni as the Luxere’s head swivels to look upon the Fae as well. But then, Kiada realizes she might have been a smidge too blunt, too harsh in her words, and she sighs quietly to herself before she clears her throat awkwardly.

Sorry, didn’t mean to snap.” She adds perhaps a bit rushed, eyes drifting back to Nephele. “This is a beautiful place.” She admits, gesturing with the other arm that isn’t draped over Auni toward the waterfall and the way its color changes as it descends.
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
If the woman is nervous she hides it rather well from Nephele's discerning eyes. Nonetheless her words are sharp with acrid bitterness that coats her own tongue as it's delivered seemingly thoughtlessly. One brow rises at the words, briefly recalling the appearance of the other female in the shadows of their pit. Nephele is far from offended, even offering a slight huff of a laugh from her throat even as the stranger deigns to apologize.

"I would be hard pressed to think of a more beautiful beautiful view than any the Greatwood offers, but surely our pit comes close," she says with a sharp, teasing smile. The Fae does not have to like the stranger intruding on her land, but she is physically incapable of lying. The Greatwood is stunning, even with the Blight encroaching on it. She will always be proud of that.

Supremely confident in her place in the Greatwood, Nephele folds her legs and drops gracefully to the sand, dress fanning out around her. Careless if whether Kiada wants her there or not. "The lichen that grows here gives it a beautiful color," she agrees readily. Shrewd eyes return to Kiada. "Do you have a name you care to share, or shall I call you Pit Girl?" Though it could be taken as mocking, her lips are curved in a slight smile and her posture is relaxed. Nephele is not sure if she necessarily wants to befriend the Outlanders, but she has a deep scientific curiosity for them that she knows toes the line of genuineness. Eriadne had warned her often enough not to let her empathetic nature get the best of her, but surely this doesn't count.

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
As the Harpy apologizes, Kiada’s gaze slips over to the Fae as she offers a huff of laughter – her dark brow raising in response to the winged woman but passing it off all the same. She replies, giving a sharp smile, something of which that eases Kiada a small amount as she offers her own huff of laughter in response. “Oh, it rivaled this, certainly.” She says softly, fingers tangling in Auni’s fur briefly until the Fae sits and he takes interest in her, to which Kiada lets her companion go to meet and greet the Fae.

She wonders if the Fae have seen the Luxere outside of Deepfrost, and if not, well at least it’ll be a pleasant surprise. Auni moves over to lay in the sand before the Fae, rolling over onto his side while one hoof paws at the sand, as though he’s trying to show her how to pet him. He’s an attention grabber, that’s for sure.

Kiada’s icy gaze leaves Auni as she looks up to Nephele, listening while she speaks of the Lichen, and she nods a bit absentmindedly at the answer. She hasn’t inspected it, investigated it, even cared so much to see why it changed its color. But it was helpful to know, she supposed, if for nothing else than to have something to talk about. Yet the more Nephele speaks, the more it actually rises a chuckle out of the fierce girl. “Kiada.” She replies easily. “I’d rather not go back to the Pit.” She offers with another quiet laugh and shrug, angling herself to better face the Fae woman.

And your name?” She tilts her head, something distinctly avian in the way she does it.
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Change author:
A sly wink aims at Kiada at her amused response. "See? You get it. We were doing you a favor truly." Nephele effects an air of pompousness here, if only for the dramatics of it all. She won't apologize for their jailing of the group that Kiada had been part of. Not only had it not been her decision, but she stood by it, and was bound to her honesty. If it had protected the forest, her people, she would gladly do so again. Harmony was not a word oft used in the vocabulary of the Fae, and certainly rarely in regard to interpersonal relations.

The Luxere is far more intriguing than the woman however, and the Fae lets her wings hum in voiceless pleasure as it wanders the few feet between bonded and stranger. She bows her head briefly in respect of its decision to come to her and lay prone before her, then lifts a delicate hand to present to the deerlike creature to acquaint it with her scent. Only then does she lay it upon the soft, pale fur, a genuine smile gracing her lips as she threads her fingers through its coat.

Her own head tilts to regard the woman as her name is provided, easy enough for the researcher to remember. Though her own wild-heart grin stretches in response to Kiada's laugh, pleased to exchange the little barbs with someone who was not easily offended. "I'll take your request into consideration, though I'm certainly not of the build to wrestle you into it myself," she scoffs with a dramatic ladylike emphasis, gesturing to her fine-boned structure and short stature. Eriadne had always been the one meant for war and the like, Neph's strengths ranged more in books and botany.

For a moment she considers concealing her name in the twisted half-lie way of her people, but she is admittedly intrigued by Kiada and her companion. After a lengthy silence she hums to herself quietly. "I am Nephele," she says softly, turning her eyes away from the woman. Her curiosity has always been the weakness she cannot rid herself of, and she knows she'll catch hell from her twin if she finds out. Making friends with the Outlanders was frowned upon at best, after all. "Something on your mind you want to share with the evil Fae?" she offers instead, leaning forward until she's on her belly in the sand, both hands firmly in the Luxere's fur and careless of how childish she appears in doing so.

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
I’m sorry I didn’t stop by to thank you for the experience.” She retorts with a wink in return to the Fae before chuckling softly. “So thank you, I give it a ten out of ten.” Her words drip with sarcasm, and she watches the Fae as Auni approaches – the Luxere sniffing her hand and blowing warm air into it before promptly flopping down onto his side for her to pet and love. And Kiada watches while Nephele positively smile’s with her glutton of a companion.

The Harpy’s head tilts slightly as she listens to the woman and she finds a soft smile resting on her face with the information she gives. A small amount of dramatics and theatrics added in and Kiada can’t help the other laugh that leaves her. Perhaps all the fae weren’t so bad, just a select few it seemed. But soon enough the woman offers up her name and Kiada nods gently. “That is Auni, by the way. He’s a glutton for attention.” Her lips quirk in a slight smile as her pale gaze slips toward the Luxere before flickering back up to Nephele.

Her next question makes Kiada pause if only for a moment, to watch as the Fae rubs Auni’s stomach with an almost childish glee. Auni’s tail wags and he sticks his tongue out as he lays on his side, before he attempts to roll onto his back, sticking a hoof in the air for balance. Kiada snorts at this and shakes her head, before she regards Nephele’s question again. “I was just thinking about the Tulminhar, really. I haven’t been here since I was captured last, and I figured I might as well try while our people are on decent terms.” The information is easy to give, because there’s nothing secretive about it.

There’s nothing within it that the Fae could use against her, to spin and change. And it’s not like she’s done anything. She’s simply sitting here enjoying the view with a Luxere of all things. It should be the perfect picture of peace, despite the blight that has been ravaging everything. “And I was thinking about the creature that was here not long ago with the blight.” Her eyes slip up to Nephele with a raised brow, as if to repeat the question to her as well. What was she doing out here? What was on her mind?
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Change author:
Nephele feels a flush take over her pale skin at the bold wink thrown her way. Only she was allowed to do that, obviously. "I'll pass along the outstanding review, maybe it'll lure more people in," she purrs, finding her emotional center rather swiftly. Kiada's laughter is like a compliment to her ability to hold a somewhat stable, working conversation. It's also very pleasing to listen to, warming her from the inside. Neph is unfamiliar with the workings of friendship. Fae were not greatly inclined towards them, especially with civil war and bloodletting always so close to the surface of their society. Having to turn your back on a friend or loved one would be unbearable, and with their inability to lie it made trying to continue friendships without revealing sides almost impossible. She'd had Eriadne since they'd shared a womb, and had never felt she needed more than that. But...perhaps Outlanders did not share the same inherent need for war and mischief that the Fae did. That was something she couldn't help but yearn for in her heart of hearts, what led her to sit so immediately beside this stranger.

She isn't sure if she likes that.

Instead she focuses on the newly-dubbed Auni, a loving smile pulling at her lips as she happily gives him more of the attention he desires. "I will happily enable his gluttony," she states primly, laughing delightedly when Auni shoves himself further onto his back in search of rubs and scratches on his belly. It's easier to listen with the distraction of his cuteness, focusing on the way her fingers part the sea of white and grey, leaving trails where her touch has landed.

Tension draws along her shoulders for a moment at the mention of the Great Turtle. Keeps her eyes still where they are, no matter how she wants to snap them over to Kiada. "Does the memory of your encounter haunt or help you?" she asks quietly, keeping her gaze averted so as not to pressure the woman. Whether she deigned to answer one of the creatures who'd sent her to that fate was yet to be seen.

A scowl quickly morphs her face into a twisted, angry thing. "The Blight," she spits hatefully, eyes burning hazel as she works to not clench her hands in Auni's fur. "I am a botanist, and its disease eludes me. The creature that came with it deserves to stay gone, as does the rest of the infection," she vents in a hissing stream of words, her accent slipping through and making it sound like a fierce whistle of wind between birch branches, wanting to fall into her natural Fae language. Taking a concentrated breath, she releases it slowly through her nose and resumes her petting.

"That is why I came here, to find ingredients to begin my own research for new potential cures. Instead I found you, though I suppose I could try to use you as an ingredient," Nephele jokes as she finally turns to look at the woman once more, trying to rid herself of the anger and hopelessness in her breast at the mention of the Blight.

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
She snorts in response to the Fae, icy gaze drifting from her to the incredibly happy Luxere – rolling further onto his back with hooves in the air as the Fae continues to rub and pet him. His tongue lolls out the side of his mouth, and he looks the complete picture of bliss – enough so that it makes her shake her head. But the question that reaches her ears makes her pause in her thoughts before she frowns. “I… didn’t have a very happy story.” She explains with a far away gleam to her eyes.

I’m not sure they enjoyed it as much as they would have someone else’s.” She tries to shake the memory, uncertain if it helped or harmed her. It made her think about it more, definitely. Made her think of the mistakes and how she could have done things differently. But she couldn’t do anything about it now other than ensure she doesn’t make the same mistakes.

There’s a bit of venom when she mentions the Blight, and Kiada’s snapped out of whatever memory she had fallen into, an agreement that Kiada can get behind. Auni, as if in response, pulses his antlers slightly with more of a glow as the tension sits in the air at the mention of the Blight. But the Harpy says nothing as the woman continues to explain and sends a bit of a joke, trying to ignore the vitriol and venom that appears with the blight.

She gives the woman a small half smile in response. “I was studying healing in my first world.” She explains, though things in all the worlds seem to be different. Different plants, while some remain the same, she hasn’t had much time to go through them all and look and see what they all do. “I suppose you could try but I’m afraid all I can offer are feathers.” She snorts, extending her arm and letting pale feathers ringed in black sprout from her arm. They also begin to appear along her shoulders, but she doesn’t make any comment on it as she gives the woman a light chuckle.
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Change author:
For all her reticence and borderline hatred of the wingless barrier children, she cannot help relaxing in the presence of this one. Nephele would sooner call it Auni's influence than any such nonsense as curiosity or acquaintanceship, if only to preserve her pride, but she cannot deny it entirely. Perhaps she is lonely? Their kind are not as close as these lumbering giants, but Nephele had always had Eriadne. Perhaps it had made her desperate for company of a similar devotion? Blegh. Such weakness makes her tongue curl with distaste, but it's not as if she isn't aware that Eri is so much stronger than her in every way. We're it not for her sharp mind, Eri would outshine her in every physical facet. As she should, the only worthy one to do so in her eyes. Still it rankles that she's intrigued by the woman's words, even as she listens more attentively than she probably should to something that does not give her power or knowledge against Kiada.

"To eat sweets every day would rot the teeth and organs," she points out simply enough. "Life imitates nature as a child imitates a mother. It needs balance. I'm sure your angst was not distasteful," her humming laugh seems almost teasing, wings fluttering with each ripple of sound. The woman definitely seemed like she could wallow with the best of them, the great turtle likely enjoyed it.

Though she's not as bad as she could be, Neph thinks as Kiada reveals she had once studies medicine. There aren't many that do so in her realm. In many ways she is an outlier, focusing more on science instead of war or crafting. "What do you study now?" What had led her to stop seeking the healing arts? Still her skin crawls at the reminder that the woman is not just a barrier child but an Outlander. Transported from some other realm like a disease. Perhaps truly, if the Blight was any proof.

Feathers appearing on Kiada's arm distracts her, and she can't help but ogle. "Would it hurt you if I did? I just admit I'm curious if your physical animal attributes differ from the primal form you reflect." Her science was not so advanced as of yet to determine cellular or genetic differences, but even just having the feathers on hand was enough to spark a giddy sensation in her breast.

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
It surprises her that the Fae is so willing to tolerate her, but she’s sure deep down it’s because of Auni. It certainly can’t be her, a dull, scarred, warrior of a woman. But the words the Fae gives her causes her to lift her pale head to her, icy gaze scanning her face with a soft smile. She doesn’t know why it helps, but it does, and she finds that small amount of regret that burns within her at the mention in a roundabout way that the creature probably enjoyed it.

Her eyes drift once more as Nephele asks her what she studies now, and she has to pause to think. She doesn’t know? Nothing? It can’t be nothing, but life hadn’t afforded her much of a chance to decide what to do – it has always been what she was needed to be. A warrior by necessity, never by choice. She recalls her father in that moment, scarred and strong, and knows somewhere within her that she never wanted to follow the Elephant’s footsteps.

Yet here she is.

And her mother, lithe and agile, small in comparison to the mountain of her father – scarred too, but a warrior of a different sort. A danger with her tongue, with the way she could infiltrate. And she had never wanted that too. And when she was younger, she had half a mind to learn how to make poisons, to find a way to destroy and create without a hand connected to the weapon. But instead, she had been ripped from world to world to world. Down, down, down. Fighting and fighting, protecting and destroying, rebuilding and embarking.

I am a warrior, of sorts now.” She replies almost quietly, lost in her thoughts as she tilts her head and stares off in the distance. “The worlds I came from were destroyed over and over again. I became what was needed of me, to protect and fight for what was right.” She offers, wondering if Kianzo is up there somewhere laughing at her, telling her she has grown soft.

She has grown soft.

But the feathers sprout on her arm, and her icy gaze returns to the Fae with a curious eye as she asks if it would hurt. Scarred shoulders rise and fall in a shrug, yet a smile graces her face. “I’m not sure. I’m willing to try.” She admits, remaining in the same place and letting the Fae come take what she wants – the feathers sprouting further until her arms are covered with the long tangles and her fingers shift into her fore feathers.