Personal Quest there's magic in the making
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
A m a l i a
So. They're going to put on a puppet show.

Amalia knows the steps, the pieces, the way to put together a show. She used to help her grandmother: another talent of the older woman, another thing she gave the community, in addition to so many countless others.

And it was another thing that fell aside when the matriarch died, another light allowed to go out, a bright point snuffed without reignition, left to fester into ash, to fade away like so many traditions, lost to memory and time.

Or so Amalia had believed. A year ago she would not have dreamed of leading her grandmother's puppet show, but now? Now the idea is laughably simple, a relief, an easy task in a world that has been so damned hard. It has been something to look forward to in these darker days, and as she pulls her cart to the Artisan's Guild Amalia feels renewed enthusiasm, delight in purpose, as flippant as it may be.

She has put up a notice asking for help. The old stage is dilapidated, in need of repairs and a fresh coat of paint. While the Ludo puppet is in good repair, there are others rather moth-eaten, the fabric torn and in need of a tailor. Ludo itself needs a costume made; Amalia has secured some lovely dark silk from a local textile artist, but has no idea what to do from there.

And then, of course, there are snacks, a variety of baked goods and a pot of tea, enticing any who would be interested to venture closer, their rich aromas wafting on the wind.

PQ to set up a puppet show for the Festival of Lights! This PQ has 6 spots. It'll move on in 48 hours or when all the spots are filled.

1. Amalia
2. Jiao
3. Remi
4. Phoebe
5. Jory
She is messy, but she's kind
She is lonely most of the time
She is all of this mixed up
and baked in a beautiful pie
She is gone, but she used to be mine
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
JIAO
Jiao was still undecided on how to feel about the humans as a whole, but at least they liked her clothes. And when there was a deal to be made...it was hard to resist the odd trip into the Hollowed Grounds. This time she held several scarves over her arm, in all colours and patterns, some sparkling in the sun to try and really entrance the attention of passers-by.

She stopped as the smell of baked goods reached her from a building that didn't look like a bakery...Artisan's Guild, it said. Immediately, she was curious. What crafts were the humans up to, and why did they smell so good?

Upon entering she found it rather empty except for one human, but the table of food revealed itself to be the source of the smell. "Hey! What're you making in here? Can I take a cake?" She asked, as she reached to take one anyway.

--
Jiao arrives and will help if asked in return for the food she already ate. :P
Leave all of my regrets to sink like shipwrecks
Through oceans dark
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Of course Remi came to help, it was his guild after all.

In he comes holding in his arms various supplies he thought they might need: paints, glues, brushes, glitter (mostly spilled down the front of his shirt and in his curls, making him look impossibly cherub-like and young), with even more supplies following magically behind as well. Kicking open the door, Remi peered over his pile of random things, spying Amalia and Jiao already inside. Though his only interact with the fae-woman had been her heckling him about the pens he had made, he still flashed her a bright smile as he made his way over.

All but dropping the items onto the table (and then immediately trying to right the paint), Remi sneezed as bits of glitter fell into his eyes, clinging to his lashes and his unshaven beard.

"Here to—" Stifling another sneeze into his arm, Remi grinned a wry apology towards Amalia before shrugging.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
there's a bulletproof bond
When Phoebe saw Amalia’s notice, it wasn’t a question whether she would help or not. Amalia had gone to great lengths to assist her before, it was the right thing to do to help out now! Pim followed along dutifully, but when the bakery came into sight, he got quite excited. He didn’t particularly care for sweets but he did like how they smelled.

Phoebe wasn’t really sure what they would need for this puppet show but she was ready and willing to procure items as needed. But as she stepped in, she saw Remi with armloads of supplies…just in time for the cloud of glitter to rain down on her and Pim. ”Oh my goodness!” Phoebe exclaimed with a laugh, looking down at Pim who was now a pink, glittery dragonling. ”I’m here to help too.” she said, giggling as Pim sneezed glitter too.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Jorseval Craik
Vagrant / Priest

Age: 33 | Height: 5' 10" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 8 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Laine Offline
Change author:
Jorseval
there's a high tide rising
oh, and I don't mind
Jory walked into the Guild Hall like a fish walking up out of the water and onto the beach. He looked very much the ranger, a strip of cloth still covering the bottom of his face and strung across his back and striding in the door and looking around like the very concept of a building was foreign to him. IT was, mostly, but he shrugged that off quick enough when her spotted Amalia and made a beeline for her little setup. It was a fair trade, he supposed, trading some of his time in exchange for the patience that Amalia had already given him. Not that he was particularly sorry about barging into her bakery in a drunken stupor but well, she needed help and her was here, let's not examine this any further.

"G'morning Chickadee!" He beamed, tugging down his mask and leaning in quickly to give her friendly kiss on the cheek. It was a proven fact that Amalia's baked goods were as good as a siren's song and he waisted no time in snagging a bun and shoving a good portion of it into his mouth without hesitation. He looked then at the others gathering, and took an immediate step around Amalia when he spotted Jiao, putting the baker decidedly between them. He used the rest of his bun to gesture at the man with bits of glitter on his face and spoke around his mouthful of food, "That's a good look."
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
MELITA
After helping to demolish the pumpkin king, Melita had seen the notice board, and a series of new pieces of parchment and papers stuck to its sanction. While she ignored about half of them (the constant swing of monarchs and sovereigns was bewildering, and if she waited until tomorrow, it would probably have already changed), Amalia’s note about an upcoming puppet show instigated a swing of delight. There was something distracting and amusing!

So she and Fangorn followed the directions, heading towards the Artisan’s Guild – enthusiasm and exuberance, trademarks of her existence, fluid and riveting in her movements. They came upon a crowd, some already gathered to assist in the partaking of diversions, and her eyes peeked over heads and frames to glance at the old stage, torn fabrics, and venturing slightly closer to the table, snagging a pastry before waving and glancing at everyone else. Her gaze shifted immediately to Amalia, Remi, and Phoebe, but she couldn’t place the other two strangers. Once she’d swallowed down her food, the youth lingered from the surge of people, fire and curls maneuvering in the scene, the bright, illustrious smile beckoning for purpose and direction. “I’m here for whatever you need!” Not a demon queen today, but a wild, untamed youth, driven to assist.
You're all gonna watch me
Disappear into the sun
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
A m a l i a
The number of people who appear is stunning, each one eliciting a smile from the baker. That a fae is first catches her by surprise; Amalia blinks as the faerie flutters in, too speechless to reply as she watches the small woman stuff cake into her mouth. The rest are familiar: Remi and Phoebe, Jory and Melita, and the baker greets them all in turn, waiting for the dust (and glitter) to settle before launching into explanations.

"Thanks for coming, everyone. Ah... so, my grandmother used to do a puppet show for the Festival of Lights every year, and we - Ludo - thought it might be nice to do it again this year." She shrugs lightly, her cheeks a little bright, the Ludo puppet fluttering between her fingers as she thinks. "Basically, there's two big things to work on today. The puppets have to be made -  a herd of luxere, a bunch of lanterns, and some people. Oh, and Ludo needs a costume to look like Safrin." Laughing at the idea, Amalia shakes her head.

"Then the actual stage needs some repairs and a new coat of paint. And whatever decorations you want. The brighter the better." She nods at the little mobile stage, once majestic and beautiful, now rather dilapidated. "The story we're doing is about when Ludo hid the stars by getting a herd of Luxere to surround Safrin's bed during the Festival of Lights, so she thought the sun didn't set and forgot to bring out the stars."

Pick your role! Will you work on the puppets or the stage?
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
JIAO
Jiao watched the humans pour in, taking large bites out the of the food offered. Maybe the people here didn't have a lot going for them, but it seemed they knew how to make a good cake. She stayed quiet, even when she saw the really irritating guy with the pens come in. Mr. Know-it-all-better-than-you. For now, she was going to be mature and ignore him.

It sounded like something interesting was going to happen, anyway. A puppet show? All to do with the Gods? As much as she was sure the humans wouldn't be able to put a good show on and it would suck...it sounded like it might be fun.

"I'll make some outfits for puppets." She announced, reaching for the bag around her waist, which contained several scraps of fabrics. Going to whoever was making the puppets, she immediately would begin to comment and critique, pulling out swatches to show her ideas.

----
Jiao brings her aesthetic knowledge to puppetmaking!
Leave all of my regrets to sink like shipwrecks
Through oceans dark
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MELITA
Melita had to fight the urge not to squeal in delight at the puppet on Amalia’s fingers, or just the general circumstances surrounding the atmosphere. She listened to the directions as best she could, pondering over where she wanted to go, what she wanted to do; humming an image in her head as the story unfolded. Her eyes swam, back and forth, from the old stage, and back to the potential orchestration of luxere and Ludo’s trickery. Would she be better designated for brute force (probably) or the tiny ministrations of sewing and fabric? She raised her hand above the others, smile still illustrious and bright, waiting to join the others. “I’ll help with puppets!” Then she maneuvered over to where Jiao resided, the grin still plastered on her features, effervescent and ebullient, excited beyond a doubt.
Disappear into the sun
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
there's a bulletproof bond
It seemed quite the crowd had decided to come and lend the baker a hand with her puppet show today! Many hands made light work so the more the merrier in Phoebe’s opinion. Pim wasn’t super keen on all the people though, grumbling to himself with irritation. He wasn’t a fan of crowds. It was easier to spot people that meant harm in smaller groups after all.

A few people right off the bat offered to help with the puppets, so Phoebe felt like she ought to offer to help with the other parts of the project. ”I can help with the stage.” she said with a smile. She could be crafty when needed and was no stranger to painting. She could be helpful still!
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Jorseval Craik
Vagrant / Priest

Age: 33 | Height: 5' 10" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 8 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Laine Offline
Change author:
Jorseval
there's a high tide rising
oh, and I don't mind
Jory makes an art of assessing the others, his sunken eyes tired but openly curious and not at all polite in the way he takes a moment to stare at each of them. Being inside at all was already enough to start that itch at the back of his neck but with so many people it was already not where he wanted to be at the moment. Between his assessments of his fellows, Jory's gaze flicks again and again toward the doors. It's Amalia's kickstarting speech that keeps him from giving up on the venture and darting for them; her bright laugh as always a soothing touch to a restless wildthing.

She talks of Ludo though, and the scolded child in him puts a pout on his face. He tried not to be petty about it, and that grand effort lasted a sum total of three seconds. "Well--" he said, between loud smacking noises, licking the last bits of icing off his fingers. "If Ludo wants puppets and not people we better make with the show, yeah?" He snags another one of the savory goodies and makes his way cautious way over to Pim and Phoebe, offering the blatant bribe to the little dragon. "I can probably do a bit to make sure the stage is stable if you've got the decorations under control, Little Rabbit."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Remi grinned bashfully at Jorseval, Remi nodded at the others who arrived, before listening with an almost dream-like expression on his face. Ludo playing a trick on Safrin? A herd of Luxere to try and mimic the light of the stars? He found himself smiling boyishly, wondering if such a thing was even possible...if the gods had such a playful relationship or if this was merely a tale passed down from generation to generation.

Nodding towards Phoebe and Jory, the alchemist went to stand with them. "Alright team stage." He said with a bright grin.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
A m a l i a
They each take a roll with aplomb, and Amalia feels a familiar sense of pride building in her as the group begins to work. The fae is the first one, and the baker half-smiles with curious fascination as the strange interloper declares she will set to work on puppet costumes. "Great, ah...?" She did not catch the winged woman's name, that day they made their ill-fated voyage into the woods.

Her smile widens into a grin as Melita declares she will help Jiao. "Great! The most important one is Ludo's costume - it, uh, well, Ludo wants to look like Safrin." She shrugs, a little helpless, not really sure what that will wind up meaning but confident these two will pull it off, or something just as fun. "Melita, would you like to learn how to make folded paper lanterns? I can show you." Quick and nimble she folds the first one, before repeating a little slower, demonstrating for the fiery girl to learn.

Turning to the stage crew, Amalia beams at Phoebe and Remi, her gaze turning a little skeptical as she looks at Jory. "The stage shouldn't need too much work to get back in shape. I leave it to the artists to design," the girl says with a wink to Remi. Then she turns to Phoebe, a playfully serious expression on her face. "Make sure these two don't get into trouble- especially Jory. He can be a handful and a half."

Investigation of the small stage will show a fallen curtain rod, a rotting floor, and the need for a good amount of paint.

Jiao, your task is Ludo's costume!
Melita, your task is paper lanterns!
Remi, your task is to oversee Team Stage!
Phoebe, your task is set design!
Jorseval, your task is stage repair!

No posting order. You have 72 hours
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
Anything refined, delicate, or lacking a fundamental sensation of violence was foreign to the honeybee girl, but she was quick and eager to apply herself. Folding paper lanterns couldn’t be as intricate or alarming as putting together herb satchels (like she’d once done for Phoebe – likely an utter failure in her mother’s healing eyes) – so she happily acquiesced, she and Fangorn bounding over to Amalia’s side as she demonstrated the proper techniques.

The first time was swift and cunning; as if the baker had concocted and orchestrated the models all her life. Melita had spent a majority of her time learning to fend off monsters and demons, how to wield sticks and bramble, how to hide so no one haunted her or her loved ones. But this was okay now – something to make her concentrate, make her understand, make her comprehend, more to life than a bow, than a staff, than a volley into shoulders, angled talons and claws, or bruised ribs.

They watched, enamored, before trying it out for themselves, thankful Amalia had slowed down the process and Melita could try and produce a mirror image. The first was not grand, a bit tattered and torn when she got frustrated with a particular dimension, but eventually, she seemed to acquire a knack for it, and her fingers, her hands, her palms were busy with the box shapes, and placing the strings through their thresholds.
Disappear into the sun