hang my head low
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Adam
It starts with a teaspoon of trouble - It ends in bliss and penury
There is no pension plan for heroes - So you'll want to get the hell out of my way

Adam looked down to Amalia after a moment, distracted praising Coffee. "Hell no, no one else dressed like me. That's why I did. So I stood out and looked hot doing it." For a moment he posed, apparently not realising that it could be tasteless to strike a sexy pose right next to a memorial left for a recently dead boy. "If you want me to show you how to walk in heels, I can teach you some time."

He whirled around when Amalia pointed, seeing a flash of something moving. "Oh, fuck, just after you were talking about it and everything?" Adam drew one of his guns and held it trained on the beast, though he did not shoot. His eyes grew wide as he watched Amalia shift, the transformation still very strange to him.

"So uh...are we meant to fight it...?"
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
For a moment there is a standstill, three disparate figures staring each other down, Cat Sith and leopard and man all frozen as each calculates the scene. Amalia lets a snarl curl her lip, eyeing the smaller feline through narrowed, slitted gaze. The light around her seems to shift, though she does not register the stars at first.

No, what she registers is Adam's gun drawn from its holster and aimed at the cat. At the same time the Sith arches its back, looking for a moment that it may take its chances against the pair. Laying her ears back and looking at Adam, the leopardess shakes her head. Now that she has seen the creature she can't say she knows what to do with it, but shooting it seems wrong, based on her friend's account of how guns work.

Luckily for the pair of them, in the time it takes this silent exchange the strange creature seems to grow bored. It turns around, tail in the air, and begins to saunter away, a glare thrown back for Adam and Coffee as it wanders off toward the bushes. Amalia growls low in her throat, not sure if she ought to give chase or not, her long tail twitching against the ground as she stares at its retreat.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Adam
There is no pension plan for heroes - So you'll want to get the hell out of my way

Adam took a slow inhale as the moment stretched out between them all, then let it go as the Cat Sith turned to leave, his gun slowly lowering until he put it back in it's holster and ran a hand through his hair, puffing up his cheeks in a big sigh of relief. Coffee ran to his legs and rubbed up to his knee, glad to see his companion safe.

Looking to Amalia, who growled and seemed still aggressive (which surprised Adam; it seemed against her nature) he leaned down and gently touched a hand to her back. "Hey, c'mon, it left. We should probably get out of here too, right?"
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia
Sometimes Amalia is the leopard. Sometimes the leopard is Amalia.

Adam's touch upon her spine brings the girl's attention back to herself; she glances up at the spindly man, a curious purr rumbling from her throat. With a long, slow nod and a last glance at the place where the cat sith stood Amalia begins to transform back, fur disappearing into human skin, ears growing smaller, tail drawn in.

Stretching enough to crack her spine, Amalia turns to Adam and Coffee, her eyes still a little feline. "Sorry," she says, a little abashed, pushing a lock of hair behind her ear before sighing to look back where the cat once was. "I wanted to warn it off, but I don't know that it will do much good."

Leaving makes sense: their task here is done. Walking back to where they left their supplies Amalia glances at Adam again, a question long lingering in her mind finally slipping down to her tongue. "Hey... The scars on your face. How did you get them?"
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
Adam

Luckily, his touch and gentle encouragment seemed to work, and Amalia shifted back to herself; Adam still found it hard not to stare, mouth open, at the transformation. That sort of thing was left to legend or really weird fetish erotica, where he was from. As she fully reappeared before him he looked off, tried to pretend he hadn't been watching.

They headed back. Adam was idly considering just what he might have for dinner (how dull his life had become, he might have thought, if he was aware of himself in that moment) when Amalia asked him a question that made him stop walking, eyes wide.

The sky is stained red and the laughter rings in your ears. The pain is searing, you've thought you had to die now about a thousand times, but you don't. It's all your goddamn fault, and you're ruined, and dad's gonna be embarrassed, and--

"I do not fucking talk about that." He spat out, more venemous than he meant to towards his friend.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
She does not know what she expects the answer to her question will be. A boisterous laugh, an outrageous story, a boastful declaration, a quiet truth if she is lucky.

She does not expect him to freeze like a snake, suddenly coiled and dangerous, fire in his eyes and venom in his voice.

Amalia turns back when he stops, surprised- but not as surprised as she becomes when he spits back his denial. For a moment she stands, frozen and afraid, her heart thundering riotously in her chest. A moment ago she had felt so confident, so comfortable in their friendship, in the company of the man. A moment ago he'd touched her gently and brought her roaring back to herself, reminded her that she is more than her anger, more than passion against an unjust world.

He hadn't been afraid of her, so why is she so terrified, now?

Exhale; she blinks, the moment gone, strung as tight as a bow at first but loosened now, a breath unleashed. "Okay," she answers gently, softly, her dark eyes focused on his face. "We won't talk about it, then."
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
Adam

As soon as the words had left his lips and Adam had seen the effect on Amalia, he suffered a sharp stab of guilt in his chest. He did not often let his past affect his relationships in the present, but he had been caught so off-guard.

"...Uh..I'm...shit, sorry. I just.." Sighing heavily and beginning to walk again, he shrugged. "It's a fucked up and boring story, believe me. Not one I can make fun."

Hoping he could win back her comfort easily he smiled, looking down the road ahead. "So...your big chap you're dating. Does he do the baking with you?" It was half-meaningless question, but he was just looking for something to say to fill the awkward silence.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
But they are not the type of friends who share their scars, and Adam has made that clear. It hurts a little, to be shut out, to learn that she stands somewhere other than expected.

It hurts, but it does not surprise her. She is accustomed to closed doors.

"No, it's okay." She smiles shakily, sympathy and empathy in her drawn brows, reaching out to place a gentle hand on his shoulder, a flickering reassurance despite her wavering insecurity. "If you ever do want to talk, though..." The baker shrugs, the offer left open. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

They carry on in fitful silence. Amalia knows she ought not to care: it is for him and him alone to divulge his secrets, and there are countless things she hasn't told him, likely never would. She ought to say something, to lighten the mood, to show that she does not begrudge him his secrets.

She ought to, but she isn't given the chance. Somehow, today, Adam is more mature.

Coring a little, the baker glances sidelong at her friend, a small pleased smile on her lips. "Sometimes. He's surprisingly skilled with his hands." She leaves the comme t open to his interpretation, laughing lightly as they make their way back to the settlement for dinner