black eye casts no shadow
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AMALIA
save some love for yourself, my dear
Back to the village.

Technically they are still forbidden from going here- or so Amalia thinks, though these days the girl is never sure what is or is not allowed. Certainly the fae have spoken against it, made their desire to keep borders clear. But Amalia is armed with Jyoti and knowledge and a bag full of pumpkin scones strapped to her back, her leopard form easier to take for long distances, her confidence higher in feline skin.

They make their way through the Greatwood silently, snow leopard and starwhale, a strange silver pair. It seems the blight is everywhere, unconfined and running rampant, and it scares Amalia, fills her with a shuddering dread for both the forest and the goddess of stars. By the time they reach the village the baker's anxiety is peaked, mixed with the stubborn resolution she felt when they made the Shrine.

Stopping at the edge of the marketplace, the leopard pulls her paws beneath her, waiting respectfully for the arrival of Delah, who she does not doubt shall soon appear.
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Age: 108 | Height: 4' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 28 - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Delah
The games of luck our soldiers played
The stones we cut, the songs we made
Delah does indeed appear, though not in her petite and winged body. Instead she is cloaked in black fur with eyes like polished gold. Her tail is not nearly as long and sturdy as Amalia's, but they are of familiar enough builds despite the stark contrasting colours of their pelts.

Why are you here. Delah asks all but tonelessly, but there is curiosity present in the bond as well. She doesn't linger with formalities, and if Amalia is surprised by this then so much the worse for their fledgling relationship.

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
AMALIA
Amalia is not surprised by Delah's lack of formalities, having encountered the fae often enough now to anticipate nothing but stoicism, an eagerness to simply get to the point. The jaguar is beautiful, black and sleek with auerate eyes, a mirror to the creamy snow leopardess. She cannot say that she has seen Delah like this before, but she recognizes her immediately by her regal poise and mental voice, anxiety rising back in her breast.

I... have news. And a request. How much does the warchief already know? How much does she care? Amalia steels herself before plunging in, not particularly excited to be the bearer of ill tidings, the one to tell Delah about how little she has learned.

She decides to start with the most important, and go from there.

Safrin is sick. After the tulmhainar... she broke through the Spire. She has the blight now. I... I spoke to Vi, who said he would look into a way to cure it. But she is getting worse. This, more than queens, more than books, more than anything else, fills the girl with dread. We made her a new shrine, and offered her infant stars. But I do not know how long she has.
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Age: 108 | Height: 4' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Delah
If there were a rope between them, it tightens as the paler feline mentions a request. For her people, Delah will hear their complaints and needs from dawn to dusk. For this outsider, however strange and welcome by the forest though she may be, the war chief has far less patience.

Many emotions waft through the bond, like feathers shot out of a cannon. Fury. Confusion. Dispair. Worry. Shock (Vi?), and so on. The large feline sits, her tail wrapping snugly around her paws as she regards her lighter counterpart.

I do not believe Safrin can die. Delah said distantly. Vi and Mort would not let it happen. Would she be reduced to galactic ash? Potentially. But she could never be gone.

Many of my people have contracted the blight as well. The failure and tension in her voice is nearly palpable. And...yours? Have any of you become sick?

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AMALIA
I hope you're right. The crashing shots of Delah's emotions set Amalia ill at ease, never having anticipated being privy to such from the warchief. Her own feelings roll in waves of response, though she tries to hold them back, fear and determination, resolution and alarm all assaulting and assuaging the black jaguar who mirrors the girl.

It isn't until the admission that others have contracted the blight that the girl breaks, horror at the knowledge flooding her, alarm in her onyx eyes. Amalia curls her tail around her, replicating the action, her ears pulled back; she watches Delah and shakes her head, a low growl of anxiety rumbling from her breast. One that I know of... but possibly more. Have you... have you found anything to treat it?

It is horrifying. She remembers the Undine, sobbing tears of black. She thinks of the blight curling into the cells, infecting before her eyes. She pictures Safrin, pale and translucent, a shadow of her beautiful, galactic self.

She wishes there was something she could do.

We're going back into the Spire. To kill the plants, and see if it helps. But I was hoping... maybe, if you knew anything about it. Or had something in your library that might help.
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
Delah
Despite the swirling vortex of emotions within the jaguar, Delah's amber eyes are shockingly calm as is her expression. Were Amalia not privileged enough to catch snippets of the war chief's mind it might have seemed as though she didn't care at all. I am sure you have heard of Arduinna helping to cure the Undine...But that was with the magic of many.

Tilting her feline head to the side, nostrils widening ever so slightly, Delah silently ponders. If I knew of what? This ... the blight, whatever it is, is new. It is unlike anything I have seen. The creatures affected ... For a moment a small snarl threatened to crease the jaguar's lips. Delah's eyes trail to Jyoti for a moment as she considers, judging the caliber of Amalia's soul by the companion who has chosen to bond with it.

...none have died. Instead they...they change. Like husks of themselves they simply become crazed, irrational beasts. But they do not die

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AMALIA
I was there. It was incredible. She remembers it all with crystal clarity: the Undine's tears of inky black, the swan song turned unexpectedly triumphant as Arduinna appeared upon the scene, working with unicorns to cleanse the waters. The feat of magic is must have taken cannot be insignificant, especially since it does not seem to have been replicated - not on the forest, and not on the Fae themselves.

It is the description of what happens to those infected that catches Amalia's breath, making he inhale sharply as she remembers her conversation with Ronin, not long ago. Like the Spire Demon. The girl can recall watching it succumb, abandoned and shuddering beneath creeping insanity. The Voice made it, and left it to rot. It had blight, and it became... unstable. Murderous. We lost many to it.

Now the leopardess rises to her feet, pacing a little, thoughtful and anxious as Jyoti trills a soothing call. If... if the Demon had the blight, and it's been spreading here since the Spire was breached, obviously it comes from the Spire. But... but there isn't as much within the Hollowed Grounds. So how did it get to the Greatwood?

There was a portal in the Spire, just past the plants... and snake. Roana went through it. It's how she got to the woods. Maybe... maybe something else went through, too.