Royal Flush
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Edrei the Rapacious
& I bury hatchets but I keep maps of where I put 'em
"Wait, WHAT?" Edy all but yelled from her curled-up spot on the couch. Who looked for who, who did what seemed entirely unimportant.

Ronin was dying? Somewhere deep down, something inside of Edy suddenly felt very, very sad. "Well shit, 'cap." She mumbled, pouting unhappily with a sigh.

Glancing towards Wessex, something softening in her gaze that said she recognized the openness the ascended was sharing but didn't see it as a weakness, Edy held out her hands as small bits of fire appeared.

"So...yes or no from you, Wessex?" She asked, head tilted to the side as Bobi jumped into her lap and curled up.

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

More evasiveness. No acknowledgement that part of her statements were true: had Amalia or Deimos or Ronin not been there, the meeting wouldn’t have happened. More throwing it back on her for not being more cuddly and dependent like everyone else to excuse not treating her like a person who has actual feelings. Like a person worth respecting.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. And she’s so fucking over it.

And like the walking, emotionless robot they apparently think she is, Wessex’s face remains in a calm neutral. Ronin still doesn’t get it. He never will. That’s his privilege as the golden star boy and no one will be able to get him to see it, because they hero-worship him. He’s never wrong, and then he brings it back to himself and his woes. Classic male move. She doesn’t feel guilty for not batting an eyelash regarding his apparently imminent death, so there.

Wessex begins to shut down again. The mask slips back down again. The Wraith returns.

Every inorganic molecule of her wants to say no. She wants to punish. She wants to be vengeful. She wants to be indulgent, the way others are. And she’s about to, (dying be damned), when Edy yelps from the couch, causing Wessex to look at the nymph and remember what she’d said earlier, about wanting him to stay. About her own insistence that she loves her home and wants it to thrive. And then, their desire to permanently replace Zariah. To be better. The growl that’s bubbling inside her is swallowed forcefully back down, and the Ascended Queen sets herself once again to the task of proving them all wrong.

Still, there are some very long moments while Wessex considers if this is actually what she wants to do, heavy gaze more often on Ronin than not. “Fine. For Caido.” For herself, for her dreams of mountains and dragons and giving her Lady the world. For Edy (kind of). This is the path of least resistance, or so it would seem. “Rebellion disbanded. Two-thirds majority on disputes. And an as yet undetermined punishment for going rogue.” Looking between the two of them, Wessex rises and pushes away from the table.

“I think that’s been plenty for today.”

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3061

It is a beautiful irony that Ronin would never get to see what went on in Wessex's head or hear it out loud, cementing his comments about the world and its perception of her. Whatever. Moving on.

"For Caido," he muttered, rising to his feet as she did the same. His blue eyes were sharp at the mention of some as yet undetermined punishment, the hunter damn near barking out a laugh. "You're a real piece of work," he remarked softly, glancing to Edrei.

"Drop by, if you want to talk some more," he murmured. "Otherwise, until next time."

Then he would leave - for real this time, with a heart heavier than even when he'd learned Zariah was on the throne.

~Ronin out.

RONIN
Darkness is a funny thing. It creeps up on you.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Edrei the Rapacious
& I bury hatchets but I keep maps of where I put 'em
"Awww. I was going to suggest we all kiss and make up." Edy remarked, tilting her head to watch with appreciative dark eyes as Ronin made his exit.

Letting her head loll towards Wessex, Edy groaned, head slipping all the way back as she childishly puffed out an exaggerated breath. "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck." On her lap, Bobi yowled in agreement, tail flicking.

"Ronin left before I could say as much, but Jigano? That fucker is dead to me. Accepting an offer of leadership only to know you're just going to give it away? No. That's bullshit." She snapped through clenched teeth.

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

Wessex’s brow damn near hits the ceiling when Ronin calls her a piece of work. “Ungrateful ass,” she mutters to herself as he departs, followed by a very silent you Outlanders are a fucking plague.There was clearly something he didn’t like about the rules for playing at Kings and Queens, even though the parameters pertained to all of them. She couldn’t be bothered to try and figure out what it was. Let him be angry.

Grabbing some alcohol and taking a swig, just because the gesture felt familiar, she hands the bottle to Edy. “I’ve disliked Jigano for a very long time, but don’t underestimate the power of that basement club. They’re soaking in self-righteousness. Like Ronin was, but times ten.” She shrugs, all out of fucks to give for people. “Could have been deception, could have been them. Either way, fuck him.”

Fuck eveyone.

Except Rory.

And Edy.

“I’m gonna go… destroy something.”

- FIN