manifest destination
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 9824
we're all killers
On an air of machinations, on a sweeping trend of frustration, ire, and barely controlled wrath, the beast marched. They were the strides and steps of yesteryear, savage, nefarious, deadly, contortions meant to exude his diabolical being, crafted and contorted for the simple faction of carnivore tempests and calculated ether. The direction was absolute and pinpointed, solely occupying the pathway towards the Artisan’s Guild, satchel on his back filled with the right necessities for impending discussions, conversations, and exasperation.

Because the world had decided to dig its heels in, and so the Reaper would too.

He could be stubborn, in his nature to clench his jaw and distort himself into a living, breathing piece of marble and stone – but in the right contexts. Not for glory. Not for pride. Not for folly, not for riches, not for anything other than a duty to uphold to friends, to brethren, and to allies. One of them was swiftly dropping out of the coveted comrade slots, brandishing their machinations and wiles to triumph, with everyone else scattered and left to the mercy of their own making.

It wasn’t right. It wasn’t just. And he was done with the charades.

He spotted Remi’s designated stall and stand, but didn’t roam into it silently. Last he knew, the alchemist’s blindness was still in effect, and the beast had no intention of alarming or panicking the inhabitant. On a whim, he brushed a bottle of whiskey against the table, heard the telltale swish of its existence within the glass, and then placed it down in the center, pulling up a chair nearby. “Remi,” he intoned, a deep rumble that betrayed nothing but held everything, “I heard we are to discuss gas masks.”
DEIMOS
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Online
Change author:
MP: 3059
maybe its all gone black
He and Ronin were married and no one had died yet. Asking for a honeymoon was perhaps far too much, but that hadn't meant the alchemist's heart hadn't plummeted a little knowing that the world wouldn't just let them be, at least for a little while. There were larger issues than just their own happiness, and not often a selfish-man, it wasn't as though Remi was ignorant of them. Leadership, dying goddesses, the blight...and it wasn't as though Remi had married a wallflower after all.

Still. Still...His reserves were running low. It had been months since he'd sat down merely to draw or sketch, to build without any real purpose, to go to bed at reasonable hour or spend more than just a few minutes eating before rushing off to some new activity that demanded his attention. A servant's heart to be sure, it wasn't that Remi wanted to escape it all, he'd just...never really had anything to enjoy before. And he wanted to enjoy his new life with Ronin and Aoife.

But here he was, at work.

As the alchemist grew to be around Deimos more, the leviathan began to acquire his own tonal-rainbow in Remi's strange vision. The blue of his eyes were like stormclouds now, his beard and hair not muted shaded of gray, but something that looked wild and quite tangible, and so it was easier now to parse him from the low-contrast world that he moved through.

Glancing up, his curls dishevelled and with charcoal smeared across his face, still the alchemist offered his friend a cheery smile. Glancing down at the whiskey bottle (it looking like a greyish liquid to his eyes), Remi chuckled under his breath. "Ahh yes. " Remi agreed, setting down his charcoal and shooting Deimos a slightly smug smile. "That." He added, brow raised.
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
we're all killers
“My apologies,” he muttered as he sat beside the table, a gilded glow forming along his hands as he conjured two glasses into place. “I am sure you have better things to do.” Or enjoy, or commit to anything else besides listen to them meander and putter around; the endless concoctions and deviations from sovereigns, to replacement monarchists, to other bizarre intricacies surrounding fallen goddesses and the blight, segueing directly to Ronin and everything else. What did he do with the constant, consistent intrusions? “Congratulations, again.” His hands reached for the whiskey, pouring the liquid for the both of them, and when he’d filled the wares to a reasonable distinction, he raised his glass in a toast; before following suit with it to his mouth, drinking, swallowing down the burning distinction, reveling in the clarity for a few moments.

“Listening to Jigano for too long drives me to drink,” he shrugged, not something he’d regularly admit (but the exasperation was already fargone, one meeting to another, to another), as a way of explanation for the whiskey, as a way to regard the growls, rumbles, and thunder booming from his chest – the level of ire and frustration curling, coiling, into his mind. The machinations still revolved and twisted from within, indulgent, scrupulous little things delving into further exploits and persistence. He just required agreement. “What did he already tell you?” His stare scanned briefly over Remi, but he wasn’t sure what to do with the smug smile resting there; one of the Reaper’s brows arched in the slightest slant of curiosity.
DEIMOS
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
maybe its all gone black
"On the one hand, working on masks that may keep as alive does indeed seem worthwhile.." Pausing, Remi looked wryly at the reaper, a brow raised. "On the other hand.." Nosing towards the empty glass, the alchemist merely shook his head, his expression one that suggested the masks were likely a fool's errand anyway. Picking up the glass, Remi raised it in a salute as well before similarly downing it. It burned crisply, warmth bubbling up and for a moment Remi let his head tilt back, eyes closed, simply to enjoy the raw sensation of it.

"Thank you." He said, opening his eyes and smiling warmly at the reaper. The glow of love (and whiskey) flushed his cheeks, as he placed his glass back down, nudging it towards the bottle with a suggestive grin.

The sudden burst of brunt honesty shocked Remi for a moment, his features crumpling as his lashes blinked and then..laughter. The sort that required stomach-muscles to maintain and made your cheeks softly ache with it. Letting himself slowly come down from this temporary high, Remi sighed softly as he shrugged. "That there is a guardian...a portal. The gas. I think the plan was for you and I to try and kill as many of the plants as possible while Vai keeps the air clear? Rory for fire, and Jigano to watch over us while we work, and lead any who need it up the stairs to the unicorns."

Rubbing a weary hand over his eyes, Remi considered the reaper for a moment. "Unless...with everything that has happened, will he still come? Would Rory?"
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
we're all killers
A darker trace of humor implored and ghosted over the mountain’s normally nonchalant features; the drink bringing down reticent walls, a comfortable abyss coiling and contorting along his fortifications. He shrugged at the insinuation of the masks keeping everyone alive; his had, but only for so long – too many other things dragging them down, failure an almost inevitable outcome, poison seeping through their veins and lungs. But that would come, all the details, all the parallels, all the perils – he grabbed the bottle and refilled their glasses, anticipating an endless void.

At Remi’s burst of laughter, Deimos might’ve recoiled a little out of bewilderment and surprise, not entirely used to encouraging anyone to be amused in his presence (unless it was Amalia); then followed through on his own chuckles and discord. Not as much, not as booming, not as reverberating, but there, existing on the plain, because they needed something amidst this ongoing chaos.

He listened as the alchemist sighed and shrugged, consuming his glass of alcohol in swift measure again, absorbed by its harsh, devouring, swallowing sensations. He summed up the plans far swifter than Jigano had, but Deimos would admit to pressing more than a few buttons in that direction, the sizzling, scathing, smoldering distinctions pushing again at his ire, at his vexations. The Reaper contained his growls and hackles though, nodding, following through. “I attempted to make masks, and they were fine for a while, but they eventually broke down.” Which had been only some of the issues. “There was a horde of insects that attacked us. And Vai’s fire created an explosion when mixed with the gas.” Zuriel had gleaned away his burns, his smoldered flesh, the aches and pains, but the images were still there, plastered into his mind. But that was his main concern with Rory’s flames too - what if it happened again, and suddenly they were all out of commission? The scenarios were scathing and tempestuous, too many possibilities ranging from that hellhole.

At Remi’s inquiry, Deimos paused, considering, brow furrowed, staring at the wooden knots in the table. “Should a King put himself in danger?” He left it open in the air, a tilt to his skull, to his cranium; they were willingly putting themselves on the line to destroy hazardous things – they’d already done that once, aware of some pitfalls amidst the stones, but not conscious of the others lurking in the midst. “He promised to protect him. All of us.” The snort after gave away his notions on that regard.
DEIMOS
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
maybe its all gone black
"An explosion?" The alchemist repeated, curiosity speckling his features. It wasn't that he didn't believe the reaper, it just ran so contrary to what his assumptions had been. Fire and gas did not welcome bedfellows make, but given Jigano had suggested it, the alchemist thought there was something he wasn't aware of, something that made fire seem a reasonable element to bring to this party.

"So...the..." The alchemist stumbled on his words. For however eloquent his accent might make him sound, Remi was not terribly good with words as it was, and they were certainly failing him now. "...what?" He managed at last, simply looking exasperated and confused.

"King." Not meaning to continue to parrot back what Deimos was saying, the alchemist couldn't help it. The word dropped from his lips like a stone, and for all Remi's gentle-affect and kind eyes, the label was nearly spat out. "Then again, I remember him saying something similar about Ronin, back when."

Back when things had been planned and agreed on. Back before bards went rogue and everyone was left scrambling to understand what to do next.

The reaper's final comment made Remi glance up, looking for any indication that Deimos was serious. It seemed he was, in so far as it was what Jigano had said. "Mmm." Remi hummed skeptically, raising both brows as he slowly shook his head. " I am worried less about the bugs, unless they pose more of a risk than you are letting on? But from all accounts, the gas is...total. Even if you and I could begin to work on killing them, I worry more that it is the strain and air that will kill us, not something Jigano could protect us from. I would prefer to have more magic users than..." Trailing off, Remi shrugged.

Than a king.

Than someone who had little to contribute.

Than Jigano.
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
we're all killers
“An explosion,” he monotoned, intrigued by the layers beneath the surprised phrasing. So Jigano hadn’t told him about all the threats lingering between stones, rubble, ruin, and the unknown. Was this another manipulative piece, brought on because the bard had required, needed, the alchemist’s enchantments? Was it a scheme, a precipice, the Loreseeker walked upon, a pretense of kindness when glory and triumph were to be had, snagged, and grasped? Was the Reaper making too far of a leap into the insinuations and implications, or had he experienced such individuals, such people, within the shackles and tethers of his life – and saw it here too, in the ivory entanglements of their monarch? Otherwise, why omit the truth? Why drag Remi to doom and gloom, completely unaware of what might lay in wait as the first interval of fires raced and raged? The beast didn’t like it. Deimos battered back and forth in twists and turns of honor, but didn’t readily adhere to it all the time – his instincts came from protection and safeguarding, ensuring those within his sights were shielded, protected, either by his knife, his predilections, or his upheaval. He’d known Jigano wouldn’t have yielded to the same regard, already slithering and crawling within the present, acting beholden and anointed, blessed as a sacrificial lamb, while they committed to their duties, while they strained and fatigued. And when their parts were fulfilled, when they were drained and exhausted, what would their King do then?

He could picture it – but he didn’t put the image into words. Not yet.

And to Ronin, another disastrous wake Deimos half wondered hadn’t been a mistake at all; a ploy, a ruse, a scheme, an avaricious tactic – then to crumble and grumble when the rest of the world caught him.

They’d had it together. They’d had it planned.

He sighed, fingers sliding along his glass, toying with it as he listened, depths of his stare sliding back to Remi at the skeptical wake, at the shake of his head. “The insects were a nuisance.” He shrugged; there’d just been so many of them, and by the time they were wounded, they’d aimed to puncture and devastate their way into lacerations, one more piercing juncture while they fought, while they battled, while they tried to save a being that didn’t want to be saved. “I used a significant amount of magic to ensure we stayed alive,” nodding in agreement, in that the air would’ve mauled them all to pieces, had strived, had tried, to break them apart. He’d been exhausted, fatigued, bone-tired and breathless, wondering if he was going to die in those chambers, his bones eaten away by scavengers and vitriol. “I doubt Jigano is capable of combatting gas. Or fire. Or explosions.” He rolled his eyes there, the alcohol taking away bits and pieces of reticence, of otherwise demonstrative composure. What had he done in that damned Spire? He’d been a snake, perhaps in more ways than one, and then meandered his way into the earth mound. Useless. Ineffectual. The words sputtered along his cranium, doused him in sedition all over again, and his Machiavellian mind wouldn’t take them back. But as Remi trailed off, the Reaper raised his head, the glass suddenly still in his hands. “We do not need him.”
DEIMOS
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
maybe its all gone black
Remi ran a hand across his eyes again, sweeping it back through his hair as he tried to visualize what it was like down in the bowels of the Spire. Unfortunately, he was the only one who hadn't been there before, and blind on top of it. There was so much uncertainty about this entire thing, but that wasn't what concerned the alchemist the most.

"Need? No. I agree. But.." There had been a time not so long ago that Remi had thought that, despite Jigano's physical limitations, that he was still a good ally to have. Now?

Remi's shattered stare regarded the conjured cup before him.

"I...Jigano and I have never gotten along particularly well. We seemed to view how I lived my life very differently, which made being around each other...difficult, to say the least." One of his fingers trailed around the top of the cup in a slow circle. His anger and hurt at all the accusations Jigano had tossed his way had long ago died. Still, even one so gentle as Remi did not like being told he was an idiot for wanting to be kind, that he was naive for wanting to trust, that he was playing at being a hero simply for wanting to keep those he loved safe. "But that aside, I thought he was...worldly, I suppose. That his experience made him knowledgable. Trustworthy, when it really came down to it."

Swallowing, the alchemist raised his gaze, looking for all the world boyish and disappointment. "Perhaps it is like he said, that I am naive. But to hear that his first inclination had been to manipulate...then to immediately abandon what, by his own admission, he thought the best to do..." Biting the inside of his lip, Remi rolled his shoulders upwards as his head softly shook. "I know not what to think of him now. Only that trusting him seems..." Frowning softly, the alchemist merely sighed.
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
we're all killers
An agreement immersed; but Deimos wouldn’t begrudge Jigano either. For the most part, they’d been fine – from intentional flour catastrophes, to fringes of wisdom, sagacity, and plotting passed between the pair. But there had been instances, like when Amalia had been captured, where the Reaper (though incensed and maddened too) had glimpsed moments and sides he hadn’t particularly liked. Perhaps the same could’ve been said for him – normally steadfast and stoic, but openly hostile, tempestuous, and acrimonious the moment the baker, the Harpy, and any of his other companions had been threatened. Jigano hadn’t taken the blame then; his head might have lowered, mistakes might’ve been made, and he hadn’t permitted the monolith to go after them on his own, no matter which argument or how many hackles Deimos had raised. Why? Because of guilt, because of restoration, because of glory?

They’d mended their acrimony soon after, but it seared against him once more, now, now, now, in the thick of other stratagems. “We have been fine, until now. I have always valued his knowledge and wisdom. He has ideas, which is far more than many individuals here.” Jigano had a way of instigating and curating curiosity, inveigling and grasping at the merest of straws; Deimos had granted him some particles, some nuances, but not everything. Never everything – the stone walls too high, the fortifications too immersed. He played it like a game, to see how long he could dangle information before the bard until he gave up entirely; because secrets were secrets, and his business was often just that: his.

“He implied I lacked courage or strength.” He didn’t wince at the words, but let them billow in the blows of Remi’s so-called faults and flaws; the drumbeats precarious and ominous. The warrior didn’t know much of Remi beyond what the other man allowed: and the beast didn’t pry, didn’t nose around, didn’t dig for events and circumstances. But if he lived his life differently from that of the Loreseeker, what was the problem? Should they all masquerade on pretenses, inquire impertinently until someone gave in? Naïve lingered in his mind, but when he looked back at Remi, he wondered if was just a way Jigano could condescend, patronize, and demean. If there were so many others twists and turns they hadn’t seen, hadn’t stumbled upon –

And that most recent meeting, an echo of Remi’s observations…”Maybe we were all taken in.” He breathed, an infusion of sharp, chilling air whipping along the outside of the stand; intentionally snagging a step over a mercurial line. “So what do we want to do about it?”
DEIMOS
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
maybe its all gone black
Remi nodded in easy agreement. As far as Jigano the Loreseeker went, the alchemist thought him invaluable and honed precisely for such a role. As curator, as knowledge-holder, as sage. Beyond that though? The lies, the veils, the intentional aim to mislead?

"Once...I was hunting with Rory and Vai. Jigano was there as well, as a fox, only I did not know it at the time, assuming it was just another attuned. I was injured and called to the fox for help. I just realized now that...though Jigano could have shifted and alerted the others, he did not." The bard valued himself above others, or at least above Remi. Perhaps that was fine, for the two had never professed to be friends.

But in this? In walking into the belly of the beast and knowing it was dangerous?

"Ronin is not well. The blight..." Stumbling verbally over the sudden emotion in his throat, Remi tugged in a breath to try again. "To be honest, I care very little about the snake Jigano mentioned being there. Guardian or no. If removing the poison is in any way linked to what ails Safrin and now Ronin, that is all I am concerned about. I worry, given how things happened last time, that perhaps Jigano's focus will be...elsewhere."
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
we're all killers
The story he told was an interesting one: because couldn’t he have done the same thing down in the Spire? He’d slithered and crawled his way along the stone walls, searching, searching, searching, and when he’d returned, it had still been in the form of serpent, not man. What could he have done to battle the insects, or the poison, or anything at all? The Reaper had been too consumed in his and everyone else’s battle for survival to consider the notions until now; clenching his jaw as if it was a new image, a daunting, blistering, damning one of the bard. “He might have done the same for us in the Spire. He was a snake the entire time.” Crafty, tricky, enduring and persisting, but not lending a hand; the embodiment of the creatures he shifted into – Deimos snorted at the notion, but poured them drinks again at the haunting junctures and poignant recall. There were always scores of people, of individuals, who could have done something…

What could happen to them? What could happen to Rory? As much as Jigano professed his intention to guard the farmer, it didn’t hold the same meaning, the same bite, the same weight.

Ronin not being well was rough; the mountain had been there when Safrin confessed to its cycle, to its yielding to the man borne from stars, to the plague of sickness spreading its blackened, charred remains across the earth. They needed to get into the Spire for that reason, to rid the world of the venom and vitriol meandering its way through the realm – but Remi understood that too. That was the point of their operation. That was the measure of the warrior’s goal. “I agree.” He didn’t care about the damned serpent either – the portal could be dealt with, discovered, or explored once the area was cleared, once they had a handle on the venom soaking into grounds and people. “On all counts.” He swallowed a mouthful of liquor, now brazen, now emboldened once more. “My motivation remains on the plants. When they are removed, then we can delve deeper into gates and doors.”
DEIMOS
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
maybe its all gone black
Remi tilted his head. He knew of Jigano's snake form only due to happenstance while looking for Emmett. He supposed a snake made sense, if the portal guardian was also a serpent, but-"-I thought you were down there looking for the tulmhainar?" The alchemist asked with confusion. Unless, as Remi was already concerned about, Jigano had already once diverted a trek into the basement for his own motive.

"Jigano said the portal leads into the Greatwood." The alchemist offered with a soft shrug. It was interesting and in any other context it surely would have drawn the man's mind. But just now, being able to suddenly find himself in the woods was the farthest thing from his mind. Instantaneous travel would mean nothing if his husband continued to degrade before his eyes.

Nodding appreciatively as his glass was filled again, Remi instead sipped it this time, letting the whiskey remain on his lips and tongue. "Mmm." The alchemist hummed, nodding his agreement. The plants. The blight. A snake once seen months ago, guarding a portal that led a few hundred meters away?

"Perhaps just the three of us then. The unicorns at the top of the stairs for when we need to rest. You, myself, Vai. It sounds like her magic was more effective than the masks anyways, though we could make more I am sure." Between he and Deimos, they could quite literally make anything. "Once it is cleared Jigano can do as he likes. Maybe he feels invested because of the snake he wants to find but..I would rather not place lives unnecessarily at risk."
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
we're all killers
Agendas – hundreds of other ploys and schemes wrapped within a Loreseeker’s mind. How many could be contained in there? How many threads could be intertwined and woven, until they were knotted, gnarled, and frayed? How long had he been concocting these things, how long had he been lacing them all together? “We were,” he grumbled – but it had been beneath the earthen mound, not behind walls or reflecting pools. His frustration heightened, little by little, the more the conversation went on, the more revelations made apparent, the more he’d trusted and Remi deciphered. How many times had they been misled? It was a blinding snare, and Deimos detested that he’d been wrapped in it, caught, inveigled when he hadn’t even been aware.

Then the portals – that funneled to the Greatwood? He did emit a growl on that one; because he’d been nearly lured by the notions of oceans and mountains, of worlds beyond worlds, of places he’d thought he’d never reach or see again (cliffs and rime, glaciers and currents). Only to the Greatwood?” As if there were hope for any others, if there were walls behind those stupid snakes the bard thought so highly off; the smallest, meager hopes suddenly dismantling piece by piece. As if it mattered, when they could easily just walk over to the forest.

He ignored his glass, fingers suddenly clenching over its existence. “Just the three…do we know of any other magic users?” Any with powers equal to theirs? Any who could destroy and devastate, ruin and maul? “The masks could at least give us time.” Time to rip apart more of the fronds, more of the poison, more of the venom. Currently, he wanted to utilize all the invocations within his figure to pummel Jigano, but that was neither here nor there. “Exactly,” he murmured in agreement on the last bit, finally taking another swig.
DEIMOS
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
maybe its all gone black
"I suppose it might go elsewhere...Jigano had only mentioned that Roana went into the light and found herself in the Greatwood. No one else has gone through to my knowledge." Remi replied immediately with a slight shrug. It wasn't a lot of evidence to go off of, and really, doorways were all Remi could liken the portal to as it was. And those, in his experience, did typically lead to the same places over and over.

With a helpless laugh, Remi shook his head. "Edrei. Zariah. Though.." The mention of them gave the alchemist an idea. Sitting up straighter, he narrowed his eyes and seemingly gazed through Deimos for just a moment as his mind whirled. "Zariah had asked me to create for her amulets that would store magic. If I made more...we could capture Rory's magic in it, and others too, if we think of them. That way we would have the power, but not need to worry about those wielding it."
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!