taller than the god we once believed in
Open!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
out of the night that covers me
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

There’s rumors, there’s accusations, and then there’s actually doing something about it, instead of relying on everyone else’s reports. Wessex’s task tonight is twofold: One - check out the blight for herself, see if anything happens, take a sample, whatever. Two - return the book. The second is obviously a mask for the first, because yeah, she’d gotten the you’re not welcome here message loud and clear. No Ascended in the Greatwood. Blah blah blah.

And yet if the blight is from The Voice, and no one’s asked the Ascended to take a look at it, you know, for science and shit, then it seems like they haven’t really covered all their bases. But hey, she could be wrong on all accounts (I know, it would be a shock even to Wessex).

Moving - no, zipping - through the Woods, she consults the Map and decides to try to find a new place. After a couple of wrong turns, The Wraith finds herself at the base of a massive tree, the blight killing everything around it. She sighs, crouching down to examine the rot in the darkness. She, herself, is inorganic, unable to decompose turn to dead-cell-slime, which means she can probably touch it without much risk. Reaching out to grasp the stem of a half-killed plant, she plucks it and brings it closer to her face, hoping to see - what?

Some sign of her Lady’s work, perhaps. Something deeper than the problem on the surface?

Anything. Anything the others may have missed. Anything she can bring back to the Voice and seek answers for.
black as the pit from pole to pole
i thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
out of the night that covers me
Finding nothing informational about the blight visible to the naked eye, Wessex rips a strip from the hem of her cloak and wraps it around the plant. She puts it securely in a pocket and then stands to leave. Oh - wait. Retrieving the little book from somewhere else on her person, she balances it on one of the roots of the great tree for someone- a Fae or otherwise- to find. No note needed, she thinks. Maybe whomever finds it will assume someone forgetful left it there, because an Ascended couldnt possibly sneak into their Undercroft and steal a book. Nope, nope, nope.

Time to leave before she's caught. None the wiser, Wessex heads back to the Hollowed Grounds.
black as the pit from pole to pole
i thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul