Blights and X-Rays and Things, Oh, my!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
everytime you kiss me
"Or Rexanna, Bastien..Lucas..." The alchemist shrugged. If Sam wasn't willing, surely he had friends who would be. For Ronin, if not for him.

Chuckling the alchemist could only shrug. He remembered the events quite differently, but then again he'd been thorough enamored with the fox at that point. It was entirely possible that his recollection was not accurate.

"Beyond learning my husband is dying?" Remi said with a smirk, shaking his head and tugging in a sip of air. "I...well. I suppose life has never been so bittersweet before." He decided, humming a note under his breath. Being with Ronin was everything he had ever wanted. Aoife too. Learning so soon that it might all be over before the alchemist had time to fully appreciate all that he had was possibly the worst thing he'd ever experienced, save for Ronin's previous death.

"And you?" He asked, head softly tilted.
it's like sunshine and whiskey

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
She considered it quietly but then paused, looking at him confused. "Wait...Rexanna ascended??" she said in total shock, eyes widened. When had this happened? When was Rex going to come and tell her about it? Suddenly the bit of dread in her stomach built up again. Had Bastien forced her to do this? Or somehow convinced her it was the best thing she could do? Oh if he had...

Reign it in Phoebe, now was not the time to lose your temper.

She looked over at him sadly, reaching out to take his hand. "Well, I am here incase the bitter ever gets to be too much." she said with a small smile. But he turned the conversation to her and she looked ahead, a light blush coloring her cheeks and a small smile curving her lips. "Well...uhm...I met a man and uhm...well we sort of have a...thing going." she said, blushing but her happiness clear as day on her face. She felt a bit guilty, knowing Remi was struggling...but she hadn't been this happy in awhile, and it was hard to hide it.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
everytime you kiss me
"Mmmm. Lucky thing too, she nearly died out in the fields. There was the strangest thing..I just vampire gourd." Shaking his head at the memory, the alchemist merely shrugged his shoulders. Monsters were a commonplace in his context now.

"Thank you." Remi replied with a smile, knowing it to be true but not minding being reminded just the same. With all that was happening, it was reassuring to know that there were still those who were there for him.

Raising a brow, Remi tilted his head with surprise. Yes Phoebe and Emmett had been over for a while, but his death was...well, unexpected to say the least. Not that he thought it would stay the midwife's life but...Truthfully, it was simply that it had taken Phoebe so long to be with anyone that to hear she was again was shocking.

"Oh." He hummed, brandishing a smile and nudging her with his shoulder. "Go on then. Tell me about him."

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
"W-what?!" she said in shock, the news sending her reeling. "When was this?" she said. She couldn't believe she was just hearing about this now. It made her a little mad actually. Why, what, when?! She felt completely out of the loop all of a sudden. What else was she missing, what else did she not know?

But Remi moved on, and his teasing smile and shoulder bump made her blush furiously. "Well...his name is Sunjata. He's an Outlander like us and has been finding work as a mercenary as of late...and he is teaching me to swim." she said with a light laugh. But she smiled brightly, just thinking about him, a lightness to her whole demeanor as she spoke of him. "He is a bit rough around the edges I suppose but underneath he is very kind and sweet...I don't know I just...haven't been this happy in a long time." she admitted quietly.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
everytime you kiss me
"A few days ago. It was filled with blight and was heading towards the Greatwood. Had we not stopped it..." Remi inhaled a breath and shook his head, indicating that the spread that they were currently investigating would have been infinitely more serious.

"To swim?" Remi mused brightly, his grin growing twisted with amusement. The mention of being rough around the edges had the alchemist pausing though. In a three-way tug of war between his instincts as Phoebe's older brother-figure, his place as her friend, and the hypocrite he'd be for judging her in any way for her choice in men (gods knew he'd made mistakes himself), Remi found himself puzzled into silence. "I am glad you are happy." He grumbled, but only playfully.

"How did you two meet?"

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
A giant, blighted, vampire gourd? She blinked, staring at him in complete shock. She had no words really, sighing and shaking her head, a bit overwhelmed with the sudden update about Rex and now giant blight monsters outright attacking the Greatwood. What in the world was going on?

But fortunately there was a lighter subject at hand and she smiled and nodded. "Yes. I...never learned because I grew up near the quarries." she said. "But apparently it flooded a lot in his home so you had to learn to swim to survive." she explained with a smile. But he said he was glad she was happy, even if in that grumbly sort of brotherly way. "Me too." she said softly.

How did they meet? "Swimming actually!" she said with a laugh. "We crossed paths at the Oasis, he was swimming and I was coming back from the Shrine, and he was so appalled that I didn't know how to swim he insisted on teaching me." she said with a giggle. "Pim showed me up though, it was pretty embarrassing."
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
everytime you kiss me
The alchemist had all but grown up in the slums, so he was hardly one to comment on Sunjata's living conditions. Still, he wanted to be skeptical. He supposed that came with the brotherly territory.

"Uh huh." Remi said with a lopsided grin. "How fortunate that you had your bathing suit with you, mmm?" He said playfully, knowing full well that she had probably gone in naked. Or...come out that way. Water and hands on bodies teaching one how to swim left little to the imagination. Chuckling at the idea of the dragon swimming, Remi shook his head. "With his breath, that hardly seems the safest idea."

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
Her face turned bright red, cheeks puffing up with air as she gasped at what Remi implied. "No, I didn't have my swimming dress so he let me wear his shirt thank you very much!" she huffed at him, crossing her arms. Ok so she definitely had lowered her threshold of acceptability since she and Remi met, but she hadn't lowered it that much. "And he is really really tall so it almost came down to my knees even!" she said, before sticking her tongue out at him playfully.

She looked back at Pim and shook her head. "He was pretty cold towards Jata to be honest. But it wasn't his breath that was the issue, just him. He ran into my legs and shoved my head under the water. Clearly Jata didn't let me drown, unlike some things!" she huffed at Pim. Pim shook his head, making a 'rawrawrawrawr' noise as he mimicked talking. But two could play at her game. The little dragon roared at Remi to get his attention before grabbing the edge of Phoebe's tunic and tugging down on it. It nearly made her fall, but it left the marks on her neck plain as day.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
everytime you kiss me
"Really really tall, mmmm?" He quipped back, his expression entirely amused, especially given just how much Phoebe was blushing. "Well if he was really really tall I suppose that is alright then." He added, snapping his teeth playfully at her protruding tongue and winking at her.

"It is more the electricity in water I meant." Remi corrected, before watching the dragonling scampering towards Phoebe. Never one to get in between a companion and their bonded, Remi merely watched as the dragon clutched onto Phoebe's tunic. The force of which clearly showed the signs of bruising, lovingly created though it might have been, on Phoebe's neck.

Arching an eyebrow and crossing his arms (a gesture that looked all-too Ronin) Remi's eyes moved from Phoebe's neck back to her face, and then back again. "I am glad he did not let you drown...though his mouth-to-mouth technique seems to be a little off."

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
"Yes, really, really tall! Much taller than you even, Remi." she huffed at him. Not like he would really care, but for some reason it was very important for her to note. She flinched back as he snapped his teeth at her but laughed a bit, knowing it was antics and good fun. "You want to know why else it's alright? Because I am a grown woman and I can by my own choices, so mleh!" she said, in a very kid sistery way, making a face at him. But then she laughed as she straightened...

Just to be pulled back down again.

"Pim!" she huffed, irritated with him...until she caught sight of Remi and his cross armed stare. Her whole face turned bright red and she quickly pulled her braid around to hide it. "That isn't from then, it's more recent." she huffed....then realized what she revealed and became flustered. "Or maybe I fell down the stairs. This could have come from a totally separate and unrelated incident, you don't know!" she said quickly, glaring at her dragon friend.

But...why was she embarrassed? She didn't need to be embarrassed. They were a thing after all. And she could do what she wanted! She huffed, straightening her tunic. "And what if it is from him anyways? At least he wants to touch me. It's a nice change." she mumbled.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
everytime you kiss me
"Mmm, how nice for you both. So he will have a back ache leaning down for you, and you'll have a neck strain leaning up. Sounds lovely." Remi snarked right back, chuckling slightly. No, a man though the alchemist might have been, testosterone had not so fully saturated his mind that he was bothered by the heights of other men, their builds, or any other physical characteristics that might normally be intimidating. That Phoebe though to mention it though?

That was interesting.  

"Mmm indeed, or maybe you found a toothless vampire gourd and took pity on it." The alchemist said with a shrug, his shattered gaze clearly indicating that he wasn't buying it.

Narrowing his eyes slightly at her final comment (surely that wasn't...directed at him for rebuking her offer of a threesome?), Remi tilted his head to the side letting his gaze softly bore into her. "Because if you are a grown woman who can make her own choices, you should not feel the need to lie to me." He countered almost sternly. "To me of all people."

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
She groaned dramatically, letting her eyes close and head fall back as he continued to bring up his height but now in context of the marks on her neck. "I only mentioned how tall he was so you would know his shirt was big enough to cover me." she said with a dramatic drawl. Phoebe straightened with a sigh, knowing better than to think she was ever going to live this down. Never. Not even if she died and came back alive would Remi ever let her live this down.

"Oh gods I don't even want to imagine that." she said with a shudder. A toothless vampire gourd? Shudder.

If he asked he would learn it indeed had nothing to do with him, and everything to do with her relationship with Emmett. The two had spoken completely different love languages, their need for physical affection on two different planets and had been a major issue in their relationship. To have someone like Jata so willing to give her that was soothing. But he chided her and she sighed, looking at the ground. "I just don't want you to meet him and think badly of him right off the bat like you did with Emmett...It's...It's important to me that you approve and I don't want something like this to mess it up." she said quietly, gesturing to her neck. Remi was incredibly important to her, and his opinion and approval meant a lot, she just wasn't sure if something like this would set him off from the start.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
everytime you kiss me
"Mmhm, since I am so very familiar with how my shirts look on you." He said with a smirk. Remi might not have been a good liar, but neither was Phoebe.

"Phoebe." Remi said falling to a halt. Reaching out his fingers to gently place them around the midwife's shoulders, he leaned down to be more eyelevel with her as he softly sighed. "If you are not proud of what you did with him, or how everything happened...that says more about the relationship than it does me. If you are just embarassed...or...nervous about it, then just say that. Don't lie to me, alright?" So saying, he'd ruffle a hand through her hair (causing enumerable flyaways to appear)/ "I proposed to Ronin while he was concussed. The first time we had sex together was on the floor because I could not be bothered to make it to a bed. Trust me, there is little you could say that I would judge you for."

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
Phoebe sighed and came to a halt, hearing the tell-tale "you're about to get a talking to" tone in Remi's voice. She turned to face him, keeping eye comtact despite her wish to look at the ground. "I didn't say I wasn't proud or anything." she said in a quiet, weak protest. She wrinkled her nose as he ruffled her hair, knowing full well it probably looked a mess now.

As he listed off some of his possibly embarrassing relationship moments with Ronin, she couldn't help but find them endearing in a way. And while she held no personal guilt about how everything happened with Jata, she was under no illusion about what others might think. So it was with a straight face she said, "I had sex with Jata the day after I met him, because I wanted a one night stand so I could feel wanted by someone, and he thought it was something more serious, and now he pretty much lives with me."
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!