Blights and X-Rays and Things, Oh, my!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
everytime you kiss me
"No, but you did decide to lie about. Normally we do not lie about things we are proud of." Remi said smiling adoringly at Phoebe.

Crossing his arms again and letting his head tilt to the side, Remi raised an incredulous brow. How quickly they'd gone from her hickies perhaps being from falling down the stairs, to a one-night-stand turned into a live-in boyfriend that she was all but boasting about.

"Uh huh. So is that what the kids nowadays mean by we have a thing going?" He asked, smirking slightly. "That we are having sex and living together after knowing each other for a day?" His tone was softly amused, though the brotherly side of his personality was now beginning to prickle. Then again, once upon a time Remi had done basically the opposite in choosing to stay with Ronin rather than living with Ianto, his then-boyfriend, when he'd asked.
it's like sunshine and whiskey

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
She sighed and finally looked down. "I'm sorry...I shouldn't have lied I just...even if I'm not bothered by it I just...I want to paint him in the best possible light for you and I'm doing a crummy job." she muttered. Great. Now Remi was going to think she was embarrased or otherwise unhappy about things when to the contrary, she was happier than ever.

"Well its been much more than a day now." she said, a hint of playfulness in her tone as she smiled a bit at him, shrugging at his question about what the kids were all doing these days. "But that's the honest truth for you. And I'm happy. I'm really, really happy." she said with a smile. She was a bit nervous perhaps, wanting Remi to like him but...he was right. If she hid behind excuses and half-truths, how could he?
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
everytime you kiss me
"No...you are not making him look worse." Remi said pointedly. It wasn't that he didn't understand the inclination to try and control information and what was heard and in what order, it just wasn't who he was and so he shied away from it in others as well.

With a happy smile though, he reached out to pull Phoebe close. "If you are happy, I am happy." He said soothingly, pulling back to muss her hair again with a wink. "I suppose you and this Jata will have to invite Ronin and I over for dinner, mmm?" If Phoebe was going to play house with a boy, she might as well make the most of it.

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
””Just myself then?” she said with a light, mirthless laugh. That she could handle at least. If she managed to make herself look like a fool…well. The only person it could hurt was her. But a small part of her hoped that Remi would be forgiving enough to not hold her blunder over her head.

His hug melted away her anxiety and she melted into it with a little sigh. ”Then we are both happy.” she said with a smile. It did help that at least at this point he was at least happy for her. Phoebe laughed a little as he messed up her hair again. ”You and Ronin are welcome over any time.” she said with a bright smile, thinking that sounded quite fun! A little double date!
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
everytime you kiss me
The alchemist offered her a knowing smile, shaking his head with a small laugh. They were both young, the world was hard, and love was rare. He could be more than forgiving. With a grin, Remi nodded. "I will mention it to Ronin." He said with a light laugh, wondering what the newly-crowned King would make of all of this.

"Oh." Remi came to an abrupt halt, his shattered stare fixed directly forward. There amidst the rest of the trees was one which towered above them all. With branches that twirled and twisted, Remi supposed he could see how the tree was thought to be a goddess. It had so many features that did look positively human-like.

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Mature Content Warning 
Phoebe
She turned around when she heard his quiet exclamation. ”Oh.” she echoed, eyes wide as she looked up at the tree. It was indeed a magnificent sight to behold, and certainly the largest tree she had even laid eyes on. No wonder the Fae considered the tree a goddess. Unlike her and Remi’s quite awe at the great tree, Pim moved forward boldly, cocking his head at it before roaring loudly in greeting. It echoed through the wood, a few birds going flying. He bounded forward then jumped up into the air, soaring up to the nearest branch to perch. A perfect lookout for his friends below.

”Pim, be nice!” Phoebe called out in warning to him. The wood had been kind to them so far, she didn’t want to offend it now. ”Let’s see if we can get directions to where the blight first broke out, and where it is worst.” Phoebe said to Remi, before approaching the tree. She knelt and poured some water on the roots, placing a gentle hand on the trunk of the great tree. ”Hello, Mathair, I am a friend of Frey, and they sent me to try and find the cause of the blight. Can you show us where it is worst and where it started?” she asked the tree. It still felt funny, talking to plants, but she was above no strange tactic at this point.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
everytime you kiss me
Skeptical, though...the trees had replied before, Remi folded his arms softly across his chest as he stared at the magnificent tree. With an eye towards Pim, wondering if the pink dragon's presence would hinder or hurt, the alchemist merely remained silent while Phoebe worked her non-magic upon the ancient creature, be it tree or goddess.

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Nothing happens.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
Phoebe sighed, shaking her head a little. Well, it had been worth a shot anyways. ”I suppose we will have to look on our own.” Phoebe said with a small smile towards Remi and a shrug. Somewhere around here there ought to be signs of the blight, if Frey was to be believed – and she did believe in them. The midwife set down her pack on a clear spot, pulling out a couple pair of gloves. ”Here, you’ll want to put these on to protect your hands.” she said, holding a pair out for Remi to take. The last thing she wanted was for anyone to get sick while doing this, so they had to be careful.

Above, Pim watched, tail swinging side to side.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
everytime you kiss me
"Ah, thank you." He said with a slight dip of his head. Putting the gloves on, Remi looked around. There was a blighted bush, several blighted plants in fact now that he'd begun to properly look, but it all seemed about the same as anywhere else.

Closing his eyes, Remi reached into the tree with his magic. Feeling around he was surprised to find that the Mathair didn't appear to be blighted. Or at least...not in the same way everything else was. "The tree itself feels strange. Though..if it is a goddess as they say, maybe that is to be expected." He added with a quick laugh.

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
Phoebe looked around, seeing blight affecting everything...except the Mathair it seemed. She pondered it while she carefully picked through the underbrush, looking for anything out of the ordinary. But it seemed that it all was just like her samples, the shriveled leaves, the black pustules on the stems. Her lips pursed in a frown as she came across a small weasel that had succumbed to the illness, curled up under a bush. "I'm so sorry little friend..." she whispered, a small frown on her lips. Anything she found would he too late for this creature, but perhaps they could give clues to help find answers. Moving quickly, she took a few samples to examine, hoping this would help give a broader view of the illness itself.

Remi spoke though and she stood, looking back at him. Wide brown eyes glanced back up at great tree. "But goddesses clearly can get the blight too...and it doesn't seem to be affecting her." Phoebe said quietly, brow furrowing as she looked over the tree. Her lips pursed in thought, putting the samples away before looking back at the tree. "Do you think between your earth magic, and abilities as an Attuned, you could try talking to her?" she wondered if the tree truly was sentient in some way.

"If we could figure out why this tree is so different, perhaps we can figure out what is making the tree immune?
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
everytime you kiss me
"Safrin did say that it would not actually kill her. She.." Frowning slightly as he tried to remember the conversation, Remi bit the inside of his lip as if that might help bring the memory back into focus. "She said she felt lesser, I think. Like part of her was gone, and that while it would kill Ronin, it could not actually kill her."

He thought that's what he remembered anyways.

Blinking at Phoebe, Remi turned to the tree with his head tilted. "I...suppose it would not hurt to try." He said with an awkward and boyish grin.

Tugging in a breath, Remi reached out with his magic first. It wasn't so much a way of speaking as it was a way of seeing. But again, all he felt was that strange sensation of the tree being so very, very different from anything he'd ever encountered before. His shattered eyes fluttered open as he received no response, deciding to reach out with his mental voice. Hallo? As you have probably heard we are here about the blight. To help if we can, to learn and understand if not. Do you hear me? Can you hear me?

But the tree simply stood, and grew, and swayed in the breeze and gave no further response.

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
Phoebe considered that quietly as she looked up at the tree. ”Well…everyone’s cells are different. I am sure it is the same between gods and humans. Whatever makes Safrin immune to death by illness is not present in Ronin…maybe because he was human to start with.” she guessed with a light shrug. But perhaps it was those same properties that made the tree immune to the blight?

She frowned as it became clear that Remi’s attempts were falling on deaf ears at best, or were foolishly begotten at worst. ”Thanks for trying.” she said quietly, lips pursed as she considered it. She knelt down and pulled out her microlens, staring into it at the sample she had taken from the squirrel. In silence she watched as the blight seemed to infiltrate then amalgamate with the cells, capturing them and causing their decay. ”What confuses me most is how the blight seemed to appear here first. If it is from the Hollowed Grounds, or the Voice, or Sam, or…anyone…how did it get all the way here first without blighting the path they took as well?”
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
everytime you kiss me
Remi also shrugged, though Phoebe's description did make him start a little. "Well it is not as if he is a god or anything." The alchemist said with an almost nervous laugh.

He wasn't, was he?

Looking down as Phoebe studied her sample, Remi ran a hand through his hair with an exasperated shrug. This was far from his area of expertise and he felt he had little to offer. Observations were one thing, that he could do. But drawing conclusions took a mind far more clever than his.

"Well...if it is like a sickness...perhaps the Hollowed Grounds are immune, somehow. Perhaps it is there, but does not take effect for some reason."

Coding base by Sky!