goodbye, yellow brick road
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

It is beginning to feel circular, dizzying, as though they are chasing their tails. Is the Voice somewhere nearby, she wonders, watching a d laughing as they struggle and fail? Every intervention leads them nowhere, leaves them without fresh knowledge or any progress toward a cure.

If it is frustrating for Amalia, she can only imagine how the reluctant King feels.

No one has seen the Core. No one knows anything about the portal. No one can help them except themselves. Exhaling deeply, the girl steps over to stand beside Ronin, her shoulders slumped, her expression tired. "Well." There is nothing more for her to say, no reassurance, no new idea. "I guess we'll just have to keep trying. And in the meantime, I have plenty of bread."

Amalia
i've been watching your kindness keep
a lonely company - look at the fire and think of me
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
if there's one thing i'm good at, it's surviving
A sad and gentle smile flickered over Ronin's face as all of the fight seemed to drain out of Amalia, and he stood shoulder to shoulder with her to gaze back out across the Bone Bridge. They could wonder until they died, at this rate - questions without answers, petulant goddesses and a sickness that seemed to have no cure. Ronin was sure, if he thought about it, that they had been in similar situations like this; was this worse than previous times, then? Or were they just ground down, and less equipped to deal with it?

Still, he snorted out a laugh and nudged Amalia gently with his shoulder as he spoke. "And full glad am I to take advantage of it," he said about the bread, already leaning down to grab another loaf. "Fuck it all," he muttered, and lobbed it out into the abyss.

~END