best foot forward
Wessex & Edrei
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
the baffled king composing hallelujah
It had been a few days; long enough for Ronin to get over himself and (he hoped) for his co-rulers to do the same. The invites had been sent - sunset (for Wessex's benefit) at the Temple, a neutral place where the walls didn't have eyes and the floors weren't likely trapped. He had scoured the Notice Board and had seen the amendments made to military service - a damned good start. But there were other things Zariah had decreed. Not only that, they ought to figure out, like... how they were going to go at this rulership thing. Councils, cabinets, advisors, who was responsible for what and so on.

So Ronin had seated himself at a large table at the back of the Temple, one lit with candles and lanterns and dominated by the large map of the Hollowed Grounds he had brought. Its usual place was hanging on the wall of the guildhall, and it had suffered a few amendments and additions since he'd hung it up. But it might help. Who knew? Who knew anything at all, these days?
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
Well, she appreciated the sunset effort. Given that the King was dying, she assumed he would want to spend evenings with his family, and it is a thing that does not go unnoticed.

Carrying a small notebook which she’d filled with chicken-scratch notes recently regarding Ascended things, LongNight and Fae things, and then finally, ruling things, Wessex enters with a purposeful stride. How to do all that they need to do, indeed. How to create something that will defend itself against Zariah’s electricity-filled hands. Taking a seat across from Ronin, she sits. “Looks like we’ll be the ones organizing things,” comes out as what she hopes is a light-hearted joke, which is also no surprise.

Finding Edy nowhere in sight yet, the Wraith murmurs to him as she’s unpacking her few items, “I’m working on getting a place together near the Manor. It needs fixing up, but I can guarantee - or you could have someone guarantee - that there are no magic eavesdropping devices in there.” That someone is Remi. In case he didn’t take the hint.

It could be their place to work. Away from the Launceleyn eyes, not intimidating, and open to whomever needs to speak to a monarch or cabinet member - whatever. All they need is the two of them to agree to it.
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
"Looks like today I'm the one late to the party." Edy called as she strolled up the aisle towards where the table had been set up. Dragging out a chair and plopping herself down (having brought precisely nothing with her), Edy leaned back so that the chair balanced on two legs, glancing between her two counterparts.

"So. What're we on about today?"
you and me been catching on like a wildfire

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"That is probably for the best, be honest." Ronin murmured back to Wessex with the ghost of a smile, sitting once she does and grabbing up some parchment and ink so he might write notes as well. That Wessex is getting a place is not in itself surprising, but Ronin still nodded gratefully at the reminder that there would be no nastiness waiting inside for them. "Personally, I think the more we speak outside that Manor, the better," he confessed, nodding to Edrei as she finally arrived.

"Well, I thought we might discuss the remainder of Zariah's laws first," he said. "The Greatwood ban is lifted and military enlistment is no longer compulsory, which will already do a lot to make people happier I think. But what of the large gatherings needing approval? The distinction between Outlander and Natural? And all the pomp about the crown, besides..." He had not been a fan of the decree, and it showed.

"As well as that... I thought it would be useful to designate some responsibilities, so we aren't stepping on each other's toes." Military, infrastructure, foreign relations. Boring, but necessary.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
Then at least they agree on one or two things.

She glances over at the leggy woman and wants nothing more than to run her hands up those thighs, but there are, again, more pressing matters. Later. Hopefully.

Then Ronin’s off and Wessex simply listens, tacking on only, “And a more permanent meeting place, that is neither the Manor nor the Guildhall.” The Temple is nice, but it can’t be used regularly for this, which is probably something all three of them can agree on. She waits a moment to see if anything else is going to be on the docket, and as it doesn’t seem to be, starts them off. “It will be difficult to tell people not to use certain words. We can’t police the people who don’t live in the settlement area, and quite frankly, it’s a waste of time and resources. I think the best we can do is encourage people not to be shitty. Not discriminate. Put something out saying we are against discrimination of any kind. Race, origin, etc.” She pauses, thinking of her own unkind thoughts lately, and knows they’ll never see the light of day in certain crowds, nor can she publically act on them.

It’s really just not a priority.

The Ascended shrugs. “Don’t really care about policing large gatherings either. Large isn’t defined… it’s… is it a wedding?” A nod to Ronin’s recent activities? “A barnraising? An open forum? Someone preaching for either the Old or New Gods?” She shakes her head. They get into sticky territory with what is and isn’t allowed. “Scrap it. We need to define our priorities and then decide what we want our efforts to go towards.”

The one thing she does know about the rest of Ronin’s question is that she should not be put in charge of diplomacy. Not if they want to have any relations with their closest neighbors to the North. She points to herself. "No diplomatic shit. To state the obvious."
No, I’ll be the stone
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Edy rolled her shoulders, stretching one arm across her body and then the other to a chorus of wonderful cracks from her tense back. The sooner they hammered all this out, the sooner Edy could get back to hammering other things out. With her dick. It was a euphemism.

"We don't need to police the language, but I don't think Zariah was wrong. Obviously we know there are Outlanders and Naturals and sometimes it's going to be a distinction we need, but I think the point was to shut down this us vs. them stuff." Edy interjected with a shrug. As for the abandoned? "And it's pretty shit to be called abandoned I'll have you know. Not deserving of jail time or whatever, but..." Another shrug. She knew what Zariah's intentions were with the law after all. Nodding with Wessex's suggestion and blanket no discrimination clause, she couldn't help but smirk at the next item on her list.

"What? And lose my automatic invite to every party?" The not-teenager chuckled. Whatever. Invitation or no, there wasn't a door Edy had met yet that could keep her out if she wanted in.

With a glance towards Ronin, Edy's eyes hardened. Her feelings were still upset by his actions and it showed clearly on her face and in her posture. "I agree. Eyebrows should have that particular role." She said, forging her more affection nicknames like Cap and Sword.

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin nodded in agreement with Wessex's point; given a choice he would have used the Temple, or created an extension of it, given that it was already the most central location in the Hollowed Grounds... but nitpicking where they chose to talk wasn't productive, and it didn't really matter. Encouraging people not to be shitty, luckily, seemed to be something they all really did agree upon, and Ronin settled back in his seat and nodded at the no discrimination amendment.

"I can understand what she was trying to do as well. I just don't know if she considered the ramifications of changing something so ingrained." He shrugged. Hearing out Wessex's nebulous examples of a 'large gathering' and nodding emphatically in agreement with her, he spread his hands. "I agree - scrap it. Don't worry, Edrei; if you weren't invited it probably wasn't going to be a fun party anyway."

A small injection of humour to lighten the mood, but of course she was still angry with him. It too would pass, he hoped.

Eyebrows raised an eyebrow at being handed the more diplomatic role of the three of them, Ronin scoffing but nodding in reluctant agreement. It probably was for the best. "And what does 'diplomatic shit' entail, exactly? Arranging events? Dealing with the Fae and other outsiders? Adjudicating disagreements?" he asked.

"Besides which, we are three soldiers sitting around a table. Defences should go to one of you, if I'm busy sweet talking the world out of trouble."
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
Yeah. You can’t just make people stop using words that are a part of their culture. Welcome to try, of course, but that might actually take a lot of death to pull off.

She does chuckle at Ronin’s joke, though, cause it’s true. Edy’s probably the life of any party - all fire and sarcastic quips and leggy stalking around, trying to figure out who her next fuck is. And she kinda wants to see the not-teenager on the prowl, but -

That is neither here nor there. Moving on. “Definitely dealing with the Fae,” she say with a snort. Edy would fuck it up and they probably wouldn’t even meet with Wessex. “Never thought about disagreements though…” She looks over at the firebrand. “I guess whatever I do needs to be indoors during the day. Or just at night.” That might take military stuff out of her wheelhouse, though Goddess knows she’d love nothing more than to bark at people who aren’t wielding a sword correctly. So that leaves, like… the boring shit. Or all the exciting shit that happens at night.

“On the plus side, looks like we can have a 24/7 thing going.”
No, I’ll be the stone
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
"Just cause something is hard doesn't mean it isn't a reason to do it." Edy said with a shrug in Ronin's direction. In lots of places in lots of other worlds people didn't like to be told their language was racist and separatist and to cut it the fuck out. Didn't mean it needed any less doing.

Edy shrugged in casual agreement that Ronin's role should probably involve the fae and whatnot. Whatnot being a place holder that as a king, he could fill in himself.

"Guess we could split it then." Edy said with a look towards Wessex. "I take the day shift and whatnot...we could also probably just..also work on things around here. Plumbing and whatnot." The mage's eyes flickered towards Ronin. There was so much Northaven had had that this place just didn't. Running water, a movement towards electricity, schools, etc.

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Well fuck him sideways, were they actually having a productive conversation here? Ronin decided not to think about it too hard, merely jotting down a couple of notes regarding no discrimination and scrapping large gatherings rule. He considered the idea of a day and a night watch, nodding slowly and folding his arms across his chest.

"The Ascended all make superior soldiers by night, anyway. And I'm sure with Wessex leading a night shift, they won't object to volunteering." Perhaps. It could never be a sure thing, but it was better than nothing.

"Perhaps before we go imposing anything," he said slowly, referring to the improvements he knew Edrei was thinking about, "maybe we ought to ask the people what they would consider most beneficial for the Hollowed Grounds in the immediate future? Plumbing and whatnot is definitely something I miss, but it's not just about us. What do you think?"
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
Ronin likely underestimates the ability of her brethren to work cohesively, but Wessex isn’t going to tell him otherwise. The less he knows about ‘them,’ the better, she thinks.

Nevertheless, she nods in agreement - to both of their assessments. Except, for one thing. “What’s plumbing?” the Ascended asks with a slightly confused look, refusing to feel like a barbarian just because they’re speaking of something that seems to be important. Now that their lives are no longer solely about survival, they can afford to make progress - expand and educate and become better. Stronger. In this, the three of them have the same goal. “Doesn’t matter, tell me later. Pretty sure anything that makes our lives easier is on the table, but I agree we should ask. Everyone’s going to have different ideas. So we can get on that volunteer military meeting and then an open forum and go from there.”

Ready Team? Aaaaand BREAK!

{Fin}
No, I’ll be the stone