on the bright side
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
She’s laughing at his reaction, so hard that tears swell in her eyes and she reaches up to wipe them away, the look of it all causing him to chuckle more despite the flood of fear that had coursed through him. She snickers as she mentions if he could see his face, and he can already imagine what it must have looked like. He gives her another breathy laugh before sighing, calming his facing heart. “Eighteen was considered adult in my home.” He explains with a raised brow, as she begins to giggle again.

Then she questions what would have happened if she was in fact, fifteen, and he shrugs his shoulders slightly with another quiet laugh. “I would have needed to wait another three years.” He admits with a smaller laugh, tilting his head to her with a slightly raised brow. “But it seems I don’t have to worry about that, thank the gods.” He breathes to her, his steel gaze fully there and on her now, swimming with amusement.
boy with gunsmoke
for breath, boy with
rebellion in your bones
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
”Eighteen?!” she said in shock, still stifling a giggle here and there. ”That’s so old!” she said with a light laugh, wrapping her arms around his waist again. She couldn’t even imagine it! ”Why wait so long? At sixteen, a woman’s body it fully ready to conceive and bear children. I suppose for men it makes some sense to get careers but…” she shook her head, completely shocked by this revelation.

Then he said he would have waited three years if she had actually been fifteen. Her jaw dropped as she openly gaped at him. That just seemed ridiculous given how often he led things that direction – which seemed pretty much every possible chance he got. ”No way, I absolutely do not believe that.” she said, shaking her head. ”We’ve already had sex why would you wait just because you found out I was fifteen?” she asked, not piecing together the logic. ”No, you don’t but apparently now you think I’m barely an adult, while I am sitting here thinking I’m an old maid, being eighteen, and unmarried with no children.” she snickered, shaking her head.
I can hold the weight of worlds
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
She speaks with such surprise that he can’t help but laugh at her response. He situates himself to look down at her with a raised brow. “I must be an old man to you then, hmm?” He tilts his head, a chuckle leaving his lips. But when she comments on why they waited so long, his brow lifts once more. “We had things to do. Careers and the like. My parents didn’t have me and my sister until their early thirties.” He explains with a quiet quirk to his smile.

He can’t imagine it any sooner, with everything he’s done in the last six years alone, it would be no place to have a child. Let alone had he had one with Lusea, who was only a year younger than he at the time. But she continues and he can’t help but let the laughter cease as he looks at her a bit more seriously. “It would feel wrong, that’s why. I would have even felt bad about it.” He mentions with a light chuckle to try and lighten the mood more. “Youre not an old maid.” He comments.

Then, to emphasize the point, he reaches up with a hand to pinch her cheek. “Youre barely an adult. Besides, if you’re an old maid I guess that means I’m ancient.” He laughs, the sound slightly raspy and deep as it leaves his lips. But he grows somber, wanting to tell her that there’s still time — but the blight raises its head in the back of his mind and he soon realizes that she might not.
boy with gunsmoke
for breath, boy with
rebellion in your bones
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
She laughed a bit and shook her head. "You're older but not and old man." she said with a smile. "Most girls got married around sixteen, but their husbands were usually in their early or mid twenties. They would be fully though any apprenticeships and have decent jobs and houses and the means for a family by then." she explained with a grin. "What is there to do that you can't work in time for..." But his words stopped her short.

"Their thirties?!" she said, her voice going up an octave. "Why? Oh my goodness that is so dangerous for a woman to have babies so late!" she said, near aghast. She shook her head, unable to make sense of any of it. The only thing she could sort of understand was that he would feel weird sleeping with someone he considered still a child. But her nose wrinkled as she pinched her cheek. "Barely an adults don't have history." she said, sticking her tongue out at him.
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He’s all ears as she explains, though his head tilts in surprise. “They must have had more restraint than we did.” He snorts at first before the reality sets in. “We fought our first battle at twenty, and that determined your future.” He reiterates his point. There were no reasons to work toward a future that many didn’t even think they’d reach. He doesn’t blame them either, and he often did the same.

But Phoebe grows surprised at his parents age and he raises a brow at her in a small amount of amusement. “I am going to go out on a limb and say that we might have had a bit more technology than where you’re from.” He says lightly, head tilting slightly. “We were very healthy. My parents are now….” He has to stop and think about it. “Almost sixty? And they were incredibly healthy and fine the last I saw of them.” He informs her before she sticks her tongue out at him and he actually laughs.

History, but not enough! For instance, I won my battle when I was twenty, and went through all the shit I did until now. That’s quite a lot in a short span of time, you know?” He retorts with a small snort, winking to her before he sticks his own tongue out at her in retaliation.
boy with gunsmoke
for breath, boy with
rebellion in your bones
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"I think it is just a different structure." she said with a light shrug. "Most boys took up a trade at about tweleve and by sixteen were apprentices. By twenty one or so most were good enough to start out on their own or take over shops." she explained. "I sort of did the same with midwifery but I started at seven." she said. But she supposed if you thought you would die at twenty that would change things.

She stared at him wided eyed. "Almost sixty? They were standing in their own graves!" she said in shock. She shook her head, completely blown away bu this.

Her nose wrinkled again at him. "You don't know all my history, so you can't say that for sure " she said, poking his chest. "And six years is a long time."
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
His brow raises to her when she mentions she started midwifery at seven. He looks at her in surprise at the revelation when he chuckles softly. “We weren’t given our first sword until we were ten.” He admits, side eyeing her suspiciously as though she were some kind of witch or prodigy. But he actually chuckles when she says that his parents were standing in their own graves. “I wish.” He huffs thoughtfully.

Our longest reigning ruler lived to be eighty-three.” He informs her just to see her surprise. But she wrinkles her nose to his next comment and he snorts at her before shaking his head with another quiet hum of laughter. “Mhm.” He says in mock disbelief before adjusting to lift her and pull her completely on top of him. “Of course it does! It’s a little under half your age!” He jests with a wink.
boy with gunsmoke
for breath, boy with
rebellion in your bones
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"Sounds about right." Phoebe said. But she smirked at him a bit. "But you know, you're so surprised because you've not asked me a lot about my past so, you really shouldn't be shocked." she said teasingly as she leaned back against the pillows. She wasn't upset by it though, that's just how men were. They didn't ask a lot of questions unless they thought it benefitted them.

"Eighty three?" she said, brows raising. That was insanity to her. "Did his body just...turn to dust?" she said with a light laugh.

She gasped in surprise as he suddenly pulled her ontop of him. But she smiled and rested her hands on his chest. To stop them from trembling she placed her chin in them. But at his comment she rolled her eyes. "The amount of development that happens in six years is massive. Sx years is a long time." she said with a smirk.
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
What’s there to know?” He teases her with a smirk before playfully rolling his eyes. “They never taught you how to swim but apparently made you a career when you weren’t even old enough to tie your shoes?” He hums with a wink before laughing at her response to their last leader. He shrugs. “I don’t know, I never saw him.” He snorts.

But he pulls her over onto him and she rests her head on her hands as she looks to him, and he wraps his arms right around her to keep her stable. “You’re right, it is!” He replies with another soft laugh. “A lot can happen in six years.” He amends with a soft smile. “But six years compared to eighty? Gods.” He chuckles.
boy with gunsmoke
for breath, boy with
rebellion in your bones
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe was usually pretty easy to predict, but suddenly her mood shifted. Instead of taking his words as they were, a joke, her brow furrowed, and expression fell. "I'm not that much younger than you okay? And just because I am doesn't mean my life hasn't had difficult things happen like yours. You don't have to force people to fight for their lives for them to suffer you know." she snapped, anger clear as day on her face, coming out of nowhere.

"You're not eighty either." she grumbled, trying to get off him. But his arms were there, blocking her. "I get it, nothing of importance could have possibly happened in my life. Its whatever." she grumbled, turning her face to look away from him.
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He finds it humorous, joking easily with her. But then she doesn’t take it as one and he immediately pauses, his laughter ceasing and brows raising in surprise at the quiet venom that settles on her tongue. “Babe, it was a joke.” He explains, loosening his grip for a moment as she squirms.

She looks away from him and his brows then furrow with the surprise that laces through him, and he lets her go to slide off him if she wishes. “I didn’t mean any of it.” His voice is quieter, almost as though he’s trying to calm her to see the reason. They had been joking, poking fun at it all, and suddenly it wasn’t okay. He figures it must be the blight to cause such a thing. He reaches out to touch her cheek softly, confusion burrowing itself into his steel gaze.
boy with gunsmoke
for breath, boy with
rebellion in your bones
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe took the opportunity to slide off, turning so her back faced him; which she never did except in the middle of the night in the depths of sleep. That would be a clear enough sign that she wasn't acting like herself. "Of course you were. My eight less years of life really would make those eighteen seem like a joke, especially when you don't know a single thing about what my life was and has been like." she snapped, venom lacing her words. It sounded odd and unnatural in her voice, usually so soft and soothing.

"Oh really? You didn't mean any of it? Then why have you never asked me what it was like or what I've been through?" she said, refusing to look at him. For the first time she didn't lean into his touch and his fingers grazed her cheek. She just glared at the wall, fire in her eyes. Even Pim lifted his head to stare, feeling the difference in their connection.
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
She turns her back to him which immediately seems strange to him, and he turns himself to face her as she spits more venom at him. He wasn’t even sure what to say to it, running through the options in his mind as he sighs softly to her. “I don’t doubt it’s been hard for you.” He offers her gently, though there’s a part of him that doesn’t think it’s been as bad as his life was. But he doesn’t dare voice it.

He still listens as she grows angrier toward him as well, and he props his head up on a hand as he stares at her back. “I just kind of assumed you’d tell me when you wanted to.” He pauses briefly, having not thought about any of it in regards to asking her about her own life. She had shared details, and he had listened. But to delve deeper? He wasn’t sure she wanted to share more than that. “I’m sorry.” He adds, knowing that if he asks now it would seem suspicious, so he doesn’t. “Phoebe, look at me.” His voice is soft and he reaches out to touch her shoulder gently.
boy with gunsmoke
for breath, boy with
rebellion in your bones
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
At first she doesn't turn to face him. But Pim seem to be concerned, returning his head to be curled up and covered by his tail. It took a few moments, but eventually she did roll over. When she did, he would see tears welled in her eyes, lips pressed together in a pout as though she was trying to stop herself from letting them fall. She swallowed a lump in her throat. As quickly as she grew angry, it dissipated. Even the blight couldn't divert her from her true nature for that long.

At least not yet.

"I-I'm so sorry I...I don't know why I got so mad all of a sudden." she said quietly, trying to wipe at her eyes but her hands were trembling too much. "I didn't mean to be so mean." she said.
if that's what you need
be your everything