on the bright side
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
Well, that ended with a far few more feelings than Jata was planning on. Meeting a god, finding out your thing might end up being nothing… well, needless to say he had a lot of things on his mind. He makes his way back toward the clinic, ignoring meeting Remi and Ronin for the time being to tell Phoebe what he’s learned — perhaps to curse out the dragon too… But, the pink dragon had been right and helpful for the most part.

On his way home he stops to grab some kind of meat he’s certain he’s seen Phoebe give Pim, following Frey’s advice the best he can. His tongue still tingles slightly, his lips too, but at least the sensation in his core has subsided due to news of death, and he sighs wearily as he makes it to the door.

He enters it before spending a moment to see if Pim was downstairs or upstairs before he remembered he had told the dragon to keep an eye on her. And so he makes his way upstairs, grabbing a bowl of sorts on the way to put the meat into for the dragon. He fixes it up, after he’s entered the bedroom, and places it on the floor with a glance to Pim. “Here you go, boy.” Theres a change to his demeanor, but he slips into the bathroom to wash his hands before going to sit beside Phoebe, one hand holding her trembling ones and the other stroking away her blonde hair from her face.
boy with gunsmoke
for breath, boy with
rebellion in your bones
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Pim was indeed upstairs, Phoebe still sleeping as he kept watch. In true dragon fashion, he did not wait to see who he heard coming up the stairs; he gave a warning immediately. With his lips curled back in a snarl, he growled, low and loud, a terribly vicious and intimidating noise really. The rumble of it woke Phoebe with a start, but she couldn't sit up with his head pressed against her torso like it was. "What is it Pim?" she said quietly.

But then Jata stepped in, with a bowl of meat no less.

Pim's head popped up with interest. As it is set on the floor, he trilled happily, hopping off the bed and scurrying over to eat it happily. Phoebe sighed, letting her eyes drift closed again. She still felt exhausted, even though she was pretty sure she slept deeply. She almost drifted off again when she felt Jata sit, taking her hand and stroking her hair. Her eyes fluttered open again, looking up at him. "Where did you go?" she asked softly.
I can hold the weight of worlds
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
He breathes a small sigh of relief as Phoebe wakes up. He gives her a small charming smile, fingers moving from tucking her hair to brushing his thumb gently along her jawbone. Steel eyes soften when she asks him where he’s been, and he huffs out a small amount of laughter. “Well, Pim was insistent that I look at your notebook, and then he drug out a bag of pears and nearly pushed me out of the clinic.” He says easily, exaggerating it slightly, looking back over toward Pim with amusement.

But he looks back to her with a soft sigh before he continues. “And then I went to go meet Frey.” He pauses to see what she says, what she thinks. “And I did actually manage to meet them.” He tacks on a bit rushed just because of the confusion between going and actually doing might be a bit much. Still, he lets the information hang with a small crooked smile at her in anticipation to what she might be thinking.
boy with gunsmoke
for breath, boy with
rebellion in your bones
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe smiled a little as he ran his thumb along her jaw, tilting her head towards it slightly. But her brow arched as he described what had happened with Pim. Her notebook? Pears? Her mind felt a bit sluggish as she tried to piece it all together. Then...oh. At least the notebook waa clear. She frowned a bit. "So you saw my notes." she said quietly. Once her hands had started trembling, she had suspected it but didn't want to admit it, and she certainly didn't want to tell him, not until she was certain anyways. "I uhm...I understand if that means you'd rather...not be a thing...anymore." she said quietly, looking away from him, her voice weighted with sadness.

Why wouldn't he want to leave? It wasn't like he was bound to her or they'd been together long. It was probably his preference. Who wanted to be with a dying girl?

But then he mentioned seeing Frey, and suddenly the pears made sense. She looked up at him wide-eyed, before forcing herself to sit up, lifting a hand to rest on his cheek. "Are you alright?" she asked, a hint of concern in her voice. She loved Frey dearly, but she knew they could be...harsh if people did not treat them with due respect, and for some they could even be a bit scary. She had hoped to be able to prep him for meeting any of the gods, a heads up she had never received, but clearly Pum had had other plans.
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He gives her a slow nod as she comments that he’s seen the notes. But her next comment makes his eyes focus on her a bit more, a brow raised slightly at the implication of it before he shakes his head. “We’ll figure it out.” He tells her quietly, his thumb continuing to trace along her cheek. “I will help you any way I can.” He leans forward then to place a soft kiss to her temple before he sits back and tells her of Frey.

She sits up abruptly and for a moment he wonders if he’s going to have to keep her down, before her hands find his face and he gives her possibly the sweetest smile he ever has, leaning his head into her hand. “I’m fine, Phoebe.” He says quietly with a small chuckle. “I think they were amused by our activities.” He offers with a raised suggestive brow before chuckling again and reaching up to grasp her trembling hand.

But… I asked them how to help you. And they don’t really have an answer other than for you to continue your research.” He says quietly, steel eyes searching her honey brown ones. “You’re going to die if we don’t…” He sighs softly, but there’s a small amount of determination in his gaze.
boy with gunsmoke
for breath, boy with
rebellion in your bones
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
His words made her heart flutter a little, and she smiled at him warmly, her expression softening. "It means alot to me for you to say that...but I don't want you to feel stuck either." she said gently. It meant a lot because he didn't have to stay. He could get up and leave right then. But instead, he seemed more steadfast than ever. It was...heartening...to know he was willing to go through whatever tough stuff lay ahead.

"I like when you smile like that." she said without thinking. It was such a handsome smile, not his usual roguish grin. And she relaxed as he confirmed he was alright. Her cheeks did flush slighrly at what he said about Frey though. "Well uh... I'm not the most adventurous sort so...I think they would be amused." she said with a small smile.

Her gaze and expression dropped not a moment later at the harsh reality he laid out. "I know." she said quietly. She knew without a cure that she would die. And quickly. "Remi said that Safrin gave Ronin only a season if uncured." And Ronin was a tough guy, blessed by a goddess - a demigod in his own right. She was just a small, weak human woman. If Ronin had a season...what did she have?
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He gives her a soft chuckle before shaking his head lightly. “I’m not stuck.” He tells her honestly. “You are though.” He mentions with a playful wink, as if to say he's not going anywhere anytime soon. But then when he smiles at her (an actual smile) and she comments on it, his smile falters slightly. He doesn’t know what’s different about it, but he nods all the same.

Another huff of laughter leaves him when she responds to his teasing, before he raises a brow at her. “You’ve gotten a bit bolder.” He comments, a light smirk trailing over his face in the moment before it’s gone. It leaves as soon as the realization sets in that she already knew and his jaw feathers slightly as he inhales with the information given. His steel eyes soften and shutter slightly, before he inhales sharply and pulls a small amount away from her.

So what can I do to help with the cure, then?” He asks her with a tilt to his head. He’s willing to try anything at this point. “Give me something to do so I can help you stay here with me.
boy with gunsmoke
for breath, boy with
rebellion in your bones
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She smiled at him, though not nearly as bright as it usually was. Her exhaustion was clear, lethargy affecting every word, every movement, every aspect of her being. "That's alright. I don't mind being stuck." she said softly.

Phoebe shook her head a little. "I haven't gotten bolder on my own. You've given it to me." she said softly. He made her feel as though she could be bold. He wouldn't tease or question or embarrass her; he supported her trying even if it did make things a bit awkward at times. But she saw the tense in his jaw and gently ran her thumb over it. "I didn't...I didn't what to believe it or...worry you needlessly." she said quietly.

But he pulled away and she frowned. "I need samples from and Ascended named Sam...and preferably from another. If I can figure out what the blight is, I think Frey can help more." She said quietly.
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He nods to her as she mentions that he’s helped her become bolder, and he offers her a slightly weak smile. But his jaw feathers and she strokes it gently with her thumb and he sighs softly into it before he pulls away. “But I am worried, Phoebe.” He tells her softly, as gently as he can. His hand searches for hers, to squeeze gently before he sighs through his nose and lets his gaze linger on her face, as though he’s committing it to memory. “You’re my girl.” He says, tilting his head lightly to see how she takes it.

It’s probably the closest he’d get to telling her that she’s more than just a thing, at least for now. And when she frowns, he squeezes her hand once more trying to console, to fix, unsure when all of a sudden he became so caring about everything. But he doesn’t comment on it, instead he tries to focus on her and the here and now. And nods slightly as she mentions she needs samples.

I will try to help with that. Will you need help to the College and back?” He asks with clear concern lacing his words as he sighs slightly. “I will do whatever it takes.” He reminds her, giving her that same weak smile.
boy with gunsmoke
for breath, boy with
rebellion in your bones
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Her hand fell as he pulled away, unable to hide the frown that curved her lips or the way her hand trembled on her lap. Her gaze fell, unsure what to do to put his worries to rest, because she couldn't put a rest to her own. She had the blight. She was dying. And she had never accomplished anything she'd ever wanted to - and since her dreams were pretty mundane that was a pretty sad realization. But he took her hand and she glanced back up, seeing the weak smile on his lips. His girl. She felt her heart flutter again and she smiled softly as her hand trembled in his. "I like that much better than your thing." she said with a light laugh, her cheeks flushing slightly.

Her smile widened a little and she shook her head. "I should be okay. Worst case scenario, Pim can drag me back." she said with a light laugh. "But you can always come with me if you'd like. I don't mind. How do you think you'll manage to get samples? I'm...I'm not so sure they will do so willingly." she said with a slight frown. "But...I think the Voice may have sent Sam into the woods to spread this."
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He nods to her when she tells him she likes that better, but there’s still something about titles that leaves him weary — feelings or not — but he just doesn’t know the words to tell her yet. He squeezes her hand again in response, giving her a slightly wider half smile at the reaction of her cheeks flushing. He liked it when he surprised her, when her cheeks would flush and she didn’t exactly know what to do with herself, and he strove for those little things whenever he could.

But when she asks if he would like to go with her, he nods. “I would like to.” He comments, the only way he could really ensure that she would be fine and okay, to leave his worries at the door whenever he could. At her next suggestion though, he gives her a slight smirk. “I can figure it out. Trust me.” He says lightly, leaning forward to her and pressing his forehead against hers with a quiet sigh. “But it’s late already and I think you should rest more until tomorrow.” He pulls away from her once more, aiming to stand and get ready for bed himself.
boy with gunsmoke
for breath, boy with
rebellion in your bones
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She smiled a little as he squeezed her hand, insisting on joining her to and from the College. ”Alright, that’s fine by me.” she said. It was nice to be worried over, nice having someone want to protect her. It was…different from what she had known before, and for a moment she wondered if this was what Remi had meant when he said Emmett was ‘young’ – he hadn’t reached whatever stage in life that would have made him more like Jata yet. Jata was more mature certainly. He certainly was more confident at the very least. ”Alright then, if you’re sure.” she said, not questioning him further about how he would get the samples. He seemed to think he knew how, and she trusted he had some means of doing so.

And she did trust him, so why stop now?

He pulled away and Phoebe nodded to his words. Despite how much she had slept so far, she still felt shockingly tired. The young midwife nestled back into the comfort of the pillows and covers, waiting for him to return. When he did she snuggled in close, tucking her head under his chin. ”I’m sorry for worrying you.” she said quietly.
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He gives her yet another nod in response to her comment. He is sure, he’ll do what he can to get a sample for her. Just to be able to find some kind of cure for Ronin and her and whoever else might be infected. He moves from her then, stepping aside to pull his shirt off and his pants and belt before he returns to pull himself under the covers, and he opens up his arm for her to nestle herself into, before pulling the covers up and over them. He rests his head on hers gently when she apologizes and he shakes his head slightly, ruffling up her blonde hair.

It’s fine, Phoebe.” He says softly, not willing to work himself up over anything at this point. He’s too tired, mind racing too much over all the things he has to do now. He sighs contently, squeezing her shoulder gently. “No more secrets, okay?” He rumbles with a small amount of humor.
boy with gunsmoke
for breath, boy with
rebellion in your bones
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
No more secrets? Hm. She tilted her head up a little so that she could see him more easily, gazing up at him through half lidded eyes. ”No more secrets. I promise.” she said with a small smile. She wasn’t much for keeping secrets anyways, at least not bad ones. Good secrets like presents were a different story. It did make her wonder though…”Does that apply to you too?” she asked, draping her harms over his waist, legs intertwining with his.

”You’ve never really said much about your past…your home.” she said quietly. She would blather on about where she came from, what it was like, her family, but he always seemed guarded about his own, beyond saying she wouldn’t have liked it and it flooded and he had been something of a god there. Never anything more, never anything that would help to put together the pieces of who he was and why. ”You know you can tell me anything, right?” she said gently.
if that's what you need
be your everything