Neon buzz
James Aiféala
Thief / Halenani Prostitute

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: N/A - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
from mixed drinks to techno beats it's always
It had been at least eleventy five thousand years that he'd been waiting. Probably more in fact, but no one likes a drama queen. Breaking into the wagon hadn't worked which was a bit of a shock really, given just how good at breaking (into) things James was. He'd even slithered the end of his tail into the keyhole to try and poke about and only succeeded in getting quite the kink in it. And would you believe it, there's no one around to massage it out? Hard times indeed.

So understandably, James had taken a nap.

With a blanket made of a fishing net with several patches of various fabrics holding together some of the larger holes, James had smoked something particularly potent and, using the lower step of the wagon as a pillow, fell blissfully unconscious.
heavy into everything

Coding base by Sky!
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
IANTO
It had been roughly... yes, at least eleventy five thousand years since Ianto had been at the Wishing Wagon. But with the Cloister of Trials finally underway, he could go home at last. The fox walked slowly, as if still coming down from some thick and heavy high, the collar of his beaten brown trench coat turned up, his hands buried in his pockets. Fingers and lips a little numb and his head starting to pound, he was looking forward to crawling inside, drinking or smoking something delightful, and getting his head down.

Only there was a fish outside his wagon. A fish in the shape of a man, wrapped in a net. And he was rather in the way. "We're closed, sorry mate," he said, his accent thick around words that didn't want to form properly. "You're welcome to sleep there, but you're gonna have to move just a sec so I can get in."
where are your gods now

Coding base by Sky!
James Aiféala

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Cracking one eye open, James appraised the blurred shape before him. Running a hand lazily up his face to itch his nose and and wipe some sleep from his eyes, he hitched himself up slightly using his elbows, both eyes fluttering open as if having previously been held shut by glue.

"Ah, you must be the locksmith. It's about time. I'll have you know I've been waiting..er..." Glancing around to gauge the time of day and squinting into the treeline, James gave up and gave Ianto his best look of authority. "..well, a long time. So if you'll just hop to it and unlock my wagon you can be on your way."

Lazily the snake rolled his wrist over his head, gesturing at the door. Ianto and those long legs could step over him easily.
heavy into everything

Coding base by Sky!
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
IANTO
Ah, yes. The locksmith. Quite. The brazenness of the man sprawled on his stoop brought a flicker of a smile to Ianto's lips - an expression so rare after his recent time with Arduinna that it felt foreign. Still, he wouldn't be kept from his home, and so he did step over the other man, clearing him easily and reaching out to turn the doorknob on the wagon.

Despite having no key for the lock, the door clicked easily open under his touch, and the place lit up from within. The scent of smoke and incense wafted out briefly - before Ianto stepped inside and slammed the door shut behind him, leaving the stranger to sleep on his doorstep. Whatever.
where are your gods now

Coding base by Sky!
James Aiféala

Change author:
Giving Ianto an appreciative bob of his eyebrows as the fox stepped over, James began to lazily rise. "Hey, dunno if you've noticed mate, but you've got a tail out the back of your—"

Slam.

Flinching backwards lazily, James grimaced at the door pulling a comical face. Looking un-bothered as he finally stood, adjusting his blanket around him like a toga and listening at the door, the snake glanced up at the sky as it began to rain. "Are you some sort of burglar?" He called, sounding appropriately put-off. Digging around in his pockets to find something to smoke and something else to light it with, James cupped his hands round the end of his cigarette but thanks to the wind and the rain he couldn't quite get a spark going. "Can't imagine that's great for business. I could give you tips, you know."

He listened. Still nothing.

"It isn't very polite to just go into another man's wagon you know." He huffed, giving up on his lighter but tucking the cigarette into the corner of his mouth anyways. "Common mate, it's starting to rain." James whined, leaning his head against the door with an optimistic smile.
heavy into everything

Coding base by Sky!
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
IANTO
The distinct sound of pottering about would be audible from within the wagon, and Ianto took his sweet, sweet time getting to grips with the place again (listening to the stranger whine through the door all the while). Eventually - and only when he was good and ready - did he come back to address the waif in the rain.

Pulling open the door and stepping back in case the other man was leaning against it, Ianto looked right at home again. His coat was hung up nearby, and soft smoke wafted from the pipe he'd just lit. His tail flicked a little, betraying his amusement, even if his expression stayed neutral.

"Well come in, then," he said. "If all you're gonna do is pissing moan, you might as well do it out of the rain."
where are your gods now

Coding base by Sky!
James Aiféala

Change author:
"Moaning? Who's moaning?" James chirped as he stepped back. Drenched to the bone, for his clothes provided absolutely no protection against the elements, the snake's smile was nonetheless sunny if not slightly expectant as the door finally opened. Letting go entirely the ruse of this being his wagon, James stepped in and let his eyes peer about. "Has anyone ever told you it's bigger on the inside?" He asked almost conversationally as he glanced around. Trailing his hand over one of the counters, his fingers danced along as if of their own accord, darting and homing in on anything he might be able to pick up.

"Ooh a bed. Love me a good bed." He trilled, striding immediately towards it and leaving a line of wet in his wake.

"Not much of a talker, are you?"
heavy into everything

Coding base by Sky!
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
IANTO
"You are. A lot," Ianto pointed out, smirking and turning to kick the door shut behind them. By which point his unexpected guest was making himself right at home, Ianto seizing the first thing nearby (it turned out to be a squat candle - thankfully unlit) and throwing it directly at the other man. "Keep your hands to yourself or I'll be selling them out of my wagon," he said, marching forward to try and seize the back of the drenched collar headed straight for the bed.

"I used to be. Shit happens, now maybe I'm not much of a talker. Maybe now I'm more of a 'punch first, ask questions later' kinda guy. Do you want to find out?" It was definitely whatever Arduinna had been plying him with that was causing the outburst, but nonetheless Ianto knew nothing else other than to roll with it.

"What were you doing outside? Did you just see the place and thing 'oh sure, this'll do for a new house', or what?"
where are your gods now

Coding base by Sky!
James Aiféala

Change author:
"OY." The candle struck the snake right between his shoulder blades, thudding to the floor as James wheeled about. Scrawny arms awkwardly trying to rub the offended bit of skin (unsuccessfully), the snake huffed. "The bloody fuck was that for!?" He demanded, looking perfectly ignorant of whatever he could possibly have done to offend. "What, these?" The snake asked with a grin, flexing his fingers and bobbing his brows suggestively. "The things these babies have seen. How much y'think they'd go for, anyhow?"

Letting his eyes grow comically big for a moment James remained entirely undeterred despite he was now basically backed into a corner in a strange wagon by a strange man. "Oohh, well I've got to warn you mate," James raised an arm, made a fist to bulk up an absolutely pathetic bicep, which he lovingly kissed. "You're talkin' to a cloud-cage fighting champion." Whatever that was.

"Well I'll tell you, since you asked so nicely." James tittered in his lilting brand of upbeat sarcasm. "So there I was. Walkin' along, minding my own business when out of the blue this dragon appears, yeah? And it starts talkin. Says I was to wait right here for an impotent man with blue eyes." With a gasp to make any stageman proud, James let his mouth drop as he pointed to Ianto's eyes. "You don't think...d'you think it was you he meant??"
heavy into everything

Coding base by Sky!
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
IANTO
"You're dripping all over my damned floor," Ianto snipped, grabbing a towel from one of the drawers and tossing it across to the other man like it was obvious. "Wearing a fishing net, might I add." And yet, rather than going for anything Stonesong or water related, Ianto found himself face to face with a cloud-cage fighting, prophesizing, dragon conversationalist.

Appreciating the story intensely, he nonetheless puffed deeply on his pipe and blew a couple of large, lazy smoke rings into the air. Leaning through the haze as if caught hook, line and sinker, he raised his eyebrows in awe at the other man. And blinked, his eyes shifting from blue to the amber of a fox.

"I don't think so no," he snickered. "Listen, your story's good enough payment for you to stay until the rain stops. Now dry off while I make tea." First, though, he slipped a matchbox out of his pocket, striking one and offering it out to light the stranger's soggy cigarette.
where are your gods now

Coding base by Sky!
James Aiféala

Change author:
"Don't think of it as dripping. Think of it as a nice pre-wash. You'll thank me for it later." James quipped back easily, catching the towel and looking at it as if unsure just what he was meant to do with it. "Ahh, noticed that did'ja?" James said with a grin, slinging the towel over his shoulder and running his hands down his sides to emphasize the garment he was wearing.

Wafting the smoke into his face and inhaling deeply and shamelessly, James sighed suddenly wishing very much he had something of his own to smoke.

"Oh." Watching as Ianto's eyes changed colour—he much preferred the blue, to be honest—the snake gave a wistful sigh. "Ahh shame. Y'see I was given quite a large stash of these rather amazing plants. They make y'fly when you smoke them." He said, whistling through his teeth and making wing motions with his hands. "But they were for the blue-eyed man, so..."

Inguldently leaning forward (and dripping onto Ianto's feet in the process no doubt), James breathed in as the fox lit his cigarette, letting the air fill the inside of his mouth and the back of his throat, before billowing it out again in three concentric rings. "Good man." James hummed, slipping the fishing net over his head and letting it slop onto the ground as he sank onto Ianto's bed casual as anything.

"So if you're not my blue-eyed man, who are you?"
heavy into everything

Coding base by Sky!
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
IANTO
"I will, huh. We'll have to wait and see, won't we." Ianto drawled, smirking and shaking his head as he glanced over to see the stranger modelling his beautiful fishnet. "It suits you, though I'm afraid it hasn't done much to keep off the rain," he quipped, before looking thoroughly interested in the apparent plants that he was carrying with him.

"They sound pretty good, but I've probably got something better," he informed him, waiting until his cigarette was alight (and his feet wet) before drifting away again to put the kettle on the stove. "I am not," he said dramatically, as though being called a good man were an accusation, though there was a smile in his voice. "Me? I am Ianto of the Wishing Wagon, merchant of the Greatwood, charge of Arduinna, Lady of the Forest."

He turned, bowing with a flourish. "At your service, sir. And you are?"
where are your gods now

Coding base by Sky!
James Aiféala

Change author:
Tipping the fox a wink laden with confidence, James brushed off the criticism of his clothes with a lazy wave of his hand. "And when did a little rain become such a bad thing?" He asked, puckering in his lips as he took a long drag of his cigarette. "S'good for the skin." Though looking down at the way the material had sort of chaffed around his shoulders, James wrinkled his nose and shrugged.

"Something better than dragon-given flight weeds? Colour me interested."

Grinning and watching as Ianto worked with all the mischievousness of a kitten watching a bit of lint flitting around (all the while his hands casually searched under the blankets for any trinkets the fox might keep stashed there), James snorted and held up his hands signalling he'd not meant any offence.

"Arduinna, huh? How is that old broad? Still with the fiery hair and the—" Here, James made a hissing sort of sound as he mimed his hands into claws. All this he said as if the wild fae and he were old pals, seeming entirely non-plussed to hear that Ianto was her ward. "That'll explain the collar then." He added, pointing at the fox's neck with two fingers holding onto his cigarette.

Offering Ianto a lazy swoon at his introduction, James merely yawned as a preface to his own. "They call me Oli, guardian of the seven statues." He said, eyes growing large as his brows bobbed mysteriously.
heavy into everything

Coding base by Sky!
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
IANTO
"Bad for my sheets, though. And you'll probably catch a cold," Ianto pointed out, frowning over his shoulder as he realised that the little bastard in his wagon was still dripping everywhere - and probably rifling through all his shit. So saying, while he waited for the kettle to whistle he strode back over to the other man, snatching the towel back and starting to rub at his hair. "Are you even wearing anything under that fishnet?" he inquired, his tone dry and amused.

Snorting, Ianto bounced his eyebrows at the other man. "So you should be. But my stuff comes at a very steep price. Still, maybe I'd be willing to trade with you. I don't need your flying dragon weeds, though." Mostly because he was pretty sure they didn't work - this guy was a man after his own heart, after all.

Leaving him with the towel on his head to finish drying off, Ianto snorted at the blatant lack of respect towards Arduinna. "All of the above and then some," he said with a nod as the kettle started to whistle. "And obviously the collar is a kink. How dare you."

Oli of the seven statues, huh. Okay. Sure. "Why, Oli - what are these mysterious seven statues? I've never heard of such a thing!"
where are your gods now

Coding base by Sky!