Lazy days
James Aiféala
Thief / Halenani Prostitute

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: N/A - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
a tempest, you was rising
When Deepfrost came the snake would be well and truly fucked, being homeless and coldblooded after all. But a million things might get in the way of that, and so it absolutely wasn't worth worrying about. And who ever knows if death is so bad, really? Mort with all his curls. Cookies, probably? Some even said James looked a bit like the god of death, and so surely that would bode well for him when the day eventually came.

With a bottle of something tucked under his arm, cradled as a child might a teddybear, the thief dozed against a tree with a cigarette hanging halfway out of his mouth. However as the minutes passed and relaxation took hold of his lips, the cigarette fell onto James' concave chest. The burning ash perfectly struck his nipple (given that James was wearing all but a mesh-shirt), rousing him instantly.

"Not so hard—" He yelled as he stirred, dark-ringed eyes opening and blinking in surprise given that there was no hedonistic sexual partner between his legs with their teeth on his nipple. "Oh for fucks sake." Brushing away at the ashes only to find the mesh of the shirt having burnt away into a large hole over his nipple, James merely sighed with a lazy shake of his head. "Third time this week." He grumbled to the bottle in his arms.
& no i don't like to be this way

Coding base by Sky!
Undertaker

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
ABASI
The town had proved pretty useless, so Abasi had left there promptly. Full of confusing people and already he'd caught ill, just from being around them. Disgusting people, he decided. Probably rolled about in their own filth. He missed the grand structures of Egypt, the sands, which now felt in his memories a clean and beautiful stretch out to the horizon though in reality had been hot and often destructive.

At least the trees promised some shade and a space to be by himself for a while. Walking through the wood he occasionally would stop, close his eyes and try to breathe slowly, hoping that somehow he could concentrate himself back home.

It didn't work.

Suddenly, a yell from somewhere in the woods drew his attention. He froze, wishing he had thought to take a weapon of some kind from the town. As it was, he had nothing but the clothes on his back (which he had learnt by this point made him stand out very much) and his fists. It was better to be informed about who an enemy was, so he creeped closer, looking around a tree to see the source of the noise.

He almost laughed when he saw how little of a threat awaited him. The man looked like a drunk from the streets of the worst neighbourhoods. Though...Abasi's eyes drifted to the hole, with his nipple...awful. Perhaps he was some kind of pervert too. Still - those that lived in the gutters sometimes had useful information.

"Drunk. You may be able to assist me. I am Grand Priest Abasi, son of Hapuseneb." Abasi announced himself, stepping forwards. "What can you tell me about these woods?" Might as well start simple, he thought. Test the man's intellect.
Do not raise up intimate companions
For nothing is to be gained from them
Let your own heart be watchful over you
James Aiféala

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Glancing up and spying the man lurking over him (he had his nipple out after all and was in a very precarious position of sorts. Just who was the pervert?), James shot the man a properly displeased look. "Drunk? Drunk?" His voice rose dramatically, the lilt of his accent making him sound utterly horrified.

"Oh this?" Glancing down at the bottle, James cracked a grin and shook his head. "Oh no, I am a time traveler, you see. This is what helps me get around. It isn't booze at all."

—son of Hapuseneb. "Bless you." James offered, assuming the latter word was a sneeze.

"I am Time Traveler sixhundred and eleventy one." He said, rolling one wrist in a grand gesture and bowing his head.

With a bit of a frown, James glanced around the woods and shrugged. "Not too old, not too young. Good leaf coverage, look, you can see it yourself." He indicated, knowledgeably pointing out the canopy over head. "And good wood. Really good wood." The thief added, patting the bark of the tree he leaned against.

Coding base by Sky!
Undertaker

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ABASI
"Yes." Abasi replied flatly, not at all believing the man's feigned offense. "Drunk."

And it seemed not only was he drunk, but he was a joker. Great. Abasi sighed, the sound of a man completely tired and disappointed leaving him. Being stuck in a foreign world with no return in sight was enough; now he had to pretend to not want to punch someone in the face?

Defeated by it all, he sat down at the foot of the tree between the roots. He was tired, a day of walking and the fatigue he assumed came from whatever illness he had picked up acting on him. At least he might be able to drag some kind of helpful words from the man eventually.

"I am blessed. I am a Priest." He responded tartly, though blessings were not common from his Gods. Picking grass and leaves off the forest floor, he studiously ignored all mentions of time travel and only spoke to tut at the description of the forest.

"Who resides in these woods? Are they dangerous? Can I find another town if I walk through them? I mean those sorts of questions. And I am sure you know that."
James Aiféala

Change author:
Sitting up a titch straighter as the man sat, James boredly wondering whether this was going to be some sort of come-to-gods conversion or if this man had something else entirely on his mind. Raising his eyebrows and nodding along easily with the expression of a man who was visiting a mental institution and thus would agree to just about anything anyone said to him.

"Sorry, and who're you to be askin' me these questions, Priest?" James asked, brows high enough to wrinkle his forehead. "You come through here not even offerin' me the official salute of time travelers, call me a drunk, and now you're demandin' answers?" The bullshit rolled so easily off of his tongue that James was want to believe it half the time, as evidenced by the genuine sort of bristle in his tone.

Coding base by Sky!
Undertaker

Change author:
ABASI
Abasi was almost glad to hear the raised voice (and was not tuned in enough to the sarcasm to notice it was half a joke) - since he had arrived here he had wanted an excuse to truly bite back at someone, to get out the confusion in his chest as aggression. "I have told you who I am." He insisted back, pulling himself to sit up and look down his nose at the man.

"You deserve not a salute nor even a passing glance from me. I am a man of a respectable position. I am.." His lips pressed together and he looked off into the trees for a moment, the flame of anger he was trying to keep stoked flickering; he knew he didn't really have any power here.

His hands fell to his lap. "...I do not know where I am. Or what is happening." He admitted. "I do not have the energy to keep up with your drunken babble. I do not even know why I am talking to you; it is unlikely you will have anything useful to say."
James Aiféala

Change author:
"No mate, all you've done is said some words. Words ain't who y'are." James drawled with a lazy wave of his hand as the priest continued on. For Abasi's sudden rudeness, the snake appeared not too bothered by it, instead scritching his back against the tree with a bit of a shrug.

"You're in the Greatwood. Y'can tell by all the trees and such." The thief said with a wink, until the priest turned nasty again. "My feelings." James whimpered as if truly wounded, a hand raising to rub at his heart. "Oh. No wait.." Reaching into his shirt he pulled out a pinecone with a dry laugh. "Listen, if you aren't gonna give me the respect I deserve I'm not inclined to help you. And seeing as you came along and ruined what was a lovely afternoon here in the Greatwood—" With a pointed grin that seemed to say, at least I know where the fuck I am, James merely shrugged.

Coding base by Sky!
Undertaker

Change author:
ABASI
The response to the question of his identity baffled Abasi. He had told the man who he was with his words, surely? What else was needed? His title informed people of the appropriate respect and distance, which was what he needed from them.

Though...he swallowed his pride as James reminded him to show his proper respect. Admittedly, he did not have much for a drunk man sat on a forest floor, but he supposed he did not know what position the man held outside of this moment; there was a chance he could be a powerful man indeed. Anyway, as the look he was given suggested, right now everyone in the world was literally more knowledgable, more powerful than he.

"Perhaps you are right." He admitted, the words clearly difficult to say. "I apologise, then, for my..abruptness. I am distressed, for lack of a better word, with suddenly finding myself here. It is very different to my home." Abasi frowned at the pinecone, unsure what the significance was (or even really what it was). "Perhaps to begin again, you could tell me your name, so I may know how to address you."
James Aiféala

Change author:
Perhaps? Perhaps? Of course he was right. Nice of this...whoever to finally notice. He'd forgotten his name, actually. Whatever. Probably not important.

"Oh yeah? Where's that? I'm from the coast m'self. Honestly I agree. It is a bit shit here."

For a moment James thought of tossing the pinecone, but you know? The prickly pain was actually a bit nice against his nipple. He might just save that particular sensation for some later nighttime research. Clearing his throat, James gave as much of a bow as he could from his lazy position, flashing Abasi a charming and surprisingly white-toothed smile. "As I said, I'm time traveler six hundred and eleventy one. So folks 'round the base call me S-H-E-O." Over enunciating to make the acronym clear, James grinned.

"So not drunk, mate. I m p o r t a n t."

Coding base by Sky!
Undertaker

Change author:
ABASI
"Egypt. I do not expect you to know of it; no one else here seems to." Which still felt just...bizarre. He was from one of the most influential and important lands in his whole world. People had respected his lineage, whereas here it meant next to nothing. A loss that he did not know how to grieve.

The man continued to babble on about things Abasi didn't understand (if there was a joke in the words, it didn't reach him) and he just watched blankly, wishing he was anywhere else. "...Yes. I apologised already for my comment on your drunkenness." He replied dryly, pretty sure he was being told off somehow.

"If you have any advice for me, I would like to hear it. Otherwise, I will be on my way."
James Aiféala

Change author:
'"Nope. Sounds made-up, mate." The snake said with a casual shrug. "Eee-GYPT!" He sang with a smirk, finding that it sounded even more absurd on his own lips than it had to his ears.

"Advice, uh? Well. Wouldn't take apples from any red haired women in the woods, definitely wouldn't eat yellow snow, and...pick your gods wisely." As it went, not bad live advice, at least coming from someone who picked his clothes from the trash and reinvented his life-story every time someone new asked.

Coding base by Sky!
Undertaker

Change author:
ABASI
Disrespecting his home and continuing to be glib, James was very much not impressing the former priest. He stood back up, wondering why it was he had even tried to apologise for insulting him. It seemed he had deserved it.

"I will find my own way out of these woods. I am tired of your insolence and dull attempts at mockery." With that curt goodbye delivered he stood and turned, marched off between the trees, not looking back.
James Aiféala

Change author:
Frowning for a moment, the ashes from his cigarette fell into his shirt, singeing the hair around one of James' nipples and causing him to squawk in outrage (and maybe a bit of pleasure too). "Uppity git." The snake said, waving a hand at the retreating priest or whatever he was.

With a yawn, James wriggled himself down in the dirt. He'd been having a rather lovely nap before he was interrupted, and he thought he might well like to get back to it.

Coding base by Sky!