the draw
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
Before she knew it she was being swept up into warm, strong arms, a bit of beard scruff tickling her cheek as her face found a comfy crook to rest against. It was indeed much more comfortable in Jata’s arms than it had been on the chair – but his arms were pretty much more comfortable than just about anywhere. ’Fiiinnnnneeeee.” she grumbled at him, clearly in no position to argue.

But as he thanked Rex for her help she realized a logistical thing. ”Rex needs to be walked home too though…” she whined at Jata. ”And I have to lock up.” she groaned and let her head fall back in despair. ”Why is everything so hard!” she whined dramatically, just wanting to curl up and stop thinking.
In These Past Few Days When I See Myself
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
your voice is the loudest shout at the head of the line
your voice is all war
She grumbles and he huffs a quiet laugh toward her. Though a brow raises as he pauses near the threshold of the door, turning slightly as Phoebe flails back in her dramatics. His gaze flickers toward Rexanna, consideringly, before he looks back toward Phoebe with a small smile. “I think Rexanna is more than capable to walk herself home.” He mentions with a raised brow before glancing around the room to see what needed to be locked up.

He pulls her in a bit tighter as his eyes flit back toward her with a raised brow. “I can lock up. But you, definitely need some rest. When we leave, I'll lock up, and I'll carry you home.” He tells her quietly, head leaning toward her ear. “Let me help you.” His voice is soft as he mentions it, looking toward her softly before raising a brow toward Rexanna with an almost shrug look, as if he truly believes that she’s capable to handle herself and the walk home. Besides, it’s not like she’s that far from the College all things considered.
and and they love you for it
your voice is breaking but it is holy
boy born for revolution
all you have to do is burn
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
the penumbra
Rexanna watches the exchange with a small amount of amusement, watching with her sapphire gaze as the man lifts her and cradles her to his chest, and listens while Phoebe whines a bit. For a moment, he seems a bit assertive, a ‘won’t take no for an answer’ type, but she figures that if Phoebe’s happy then she can be happy for her friend too. And so she keeps her mouth shut, gaze following the man and Phoebe toward the door as Sunjata speaks to her.

She stands then, grabbing her umbrella just as Phoebe mentions that Rexanna needs a walk home – and she opens her mouth to speak before Sunjata’s steel gaze slides toward her – something almost powerful hiding behind the gaze he gives her, and she raises a brow at the look before agreeing. “Don’t worry Phoebe, I am capable.” She reiterates the man with a small smile – putting it aside for later. She makes sure she’s gathered everything, while Jata speaks to Phoebe, before she steps up beside them toward the door as well.

She gives her friend a bright, beautifully fanged smile in thanks for all the work she’s doing, before she glances toward Jata with a bit more of a hardened gaze. She’s incredibly short in comparison to the man, but the way she stands seems to scream a bit more predatory. She’ll have to keep an eye on him – a feeling that’s somewhat off about him that she can’t quite place just yet. “Take good care of her.” She tells him, though there’s a hidden threat beneath it.

If he doesn’t, she will kill him.

She gives Phoebe another bright smile before slipping out the door and heading back home.
because you, like rome
were built on ashes
and you, like a phoenix, know how to
rise and resurrect
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
The nuance, the tension, the instinctual dislike between her boy and her friend was entirely lost on the young midwife. Jata was warm and comfy, and even as her head hung down she appreciated him caring for her. What Rexanna perceived as assertiveness, she saw as a concerned, helpful reaction to her pitiful state. It was loving, not scary. ”Well, okay, if you say so.” she mumbled to Rexanna, taking her word for it rather than Jata’s.

A soft smile curved her lips at her words though. ”He does.” she assured her friend. And indeed, Jata did take good care of her she thought.

She knew Jata had seen her lock up the college before, so she trusted him to do so, resting against his shoulder once more after fishing her keys out of her pocket for him. ”Okay.” she relented to him with a tired sigh, all her fight completely spent up.
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
your voice is all war
There’s nearly a standoff with the way Rexanna looks at him, and his eyes narrow slightly as he focuses on her as she nears. Phoebe seems to completely ignore it, but Sunjata knows that there’s something with the way he had glanced at her that she could see through him. And for a moment it almost feels like two wolves surrounding the lamb in his arms. At Rexanna’s underlining threat, he gives her a toothy smile as Phoebe comments against his chest. “I will.” He comments to the woman before she leaves and he internally sighs.

As Phoebe concedes to his request, he nods to her and grabs the keys before he takes her down the stairs and sets her down for a minute. He locks up the College and places the keys in his pocket before he picks her up again as though she’s some kind of bag he’s bringing home and he steps out into the streets of the Settlement toward home. “So how did it go? Make any headway?” He asks to her, trying to push away the feeling from the encounter with the Ascended.
boy born for revolution
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
She sighed as he asked about any headway she may or may not have made. "I wish." she mumbled against his chest, irritation beginning to flare up. "It acts rather like Ascended fluid that has been tampered with. But the blight also seems directly linked to the Spire and maybe the Spire Demon my sister in law helped kill but...I don't know, there is something I am missing. I don't know how the blight could get from the Spire to the Mathair without infecting other parts of the forest during travel." she said with an aggravated sigh.

Phoebe opened her eyes and looked at the stars in the sky. It made her think of Safrin, who was suffering. Ronin, who was dying. Sure, she was too, but she had a tendency to put others before herself with regularity. "What if I'm not smart enough to figure this out?" she asked him quietly, her insecurity showing on her sleeve.
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
your voice is all war
She sighs and tells him she hasn’t really, and he listens diligently as she explains what happened. He listens with a slight nod as he meanders the streets with her in his arms, making his way back toward the Clinic. His gaze flits to her when she looks up to stare at the sky, and he glances up for a moment to join her, watching the stars easily. Her question gives him pause, and he looks down to her with a small soft smile. “I think you’re smart enough.” He says softly, leaning down just enough to press a kiss to her cheek.

It wouldn’t feel as accomplishing if everything was easy, now would it?” He attempts to lighten the mood before he glances up to the sky for a brief moment once more while he walks. “The stars were different back home.” He announces quietly. “I used to use them to guide my way, but when I came here it was all different. It took me a month to figure it out enough to be able to follow them.” He tells her, encouragingly before he glances back down to her with a soft smile.
boy born for revolution
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
She smiled a little as he reassured her and kissed her cheek. ”I suppose not…but if it was easy then there wouldn’t be a chance that I will fail.” she said quietly. The young midwife fell silent as he spoke of the stars, and how they were different from his home. She had never learned to navigate via the stars, so it hadn’t made much difference to her – but it made sense that they were indeed different.

”I was just thinking of Safrin. She is to the god Vi as Frey is to Rae. She is beautiful like the nightsky and shines like a star, but she has been infected by the blight too.” she said softly, a frown curving her lips. ”I am not sure it can kill her like it can kill me but…she saved my life once in a way…and Frey is counting on me to figure out what this blight is…it is just a lot of pressure.” she said, frowning as she looked back down at her hands.
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
your voice is all war
He listens to her, and he can understand where she’s coming from, but he wants to be sure she isn’t going to hurt herself by overworking herself. And so he tries to explain the stars, how he had managed to figure it out despite its difficulty, in a way that might be relatable, when she begins to speak of Safrin and he glances down to her as they round a corner. He listens silently, mulling over the information with a quiet nod.

I think that if they have asked you to help with it, then they believe in you.” He spends a moment to let the thought hit. “But I’m sure they’re doing something too, what they can, delving out different jobs for different people to help find a result. You won’t fail them.” He rumbles to her as they near the clinic, giving her a small encouraging smile. “But you will fail them if you overwork yourself too much to where you can’t do anything.” He chides in a way as he sets her down before the door to the Clinic, leaning forward and kissing her gently as if to prove the point.
boy born for revolution
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
She sighed, smiling a bit at him. ”Thank you for the pep talk.” she said, kissing him back as she leaned against his side. It was hard to keep her spirits up when she kept being confronted with walls she couldn’t get through, her shaking hands, the emotional highs and lows…but she had to try. Frey believed in her in some capacity or else they wouldn’t have asked her to do this. So she just had to keep trying, even when it all seemed futile.

Once inside she realized just how…gross she felt. She had nicks on her cheeks and arms, and was covered in all manner of things from the repeated explosions throughout the day – Phoebe wrinkled her nose as she looked at the mess on her apron. ”I am going to take a shower first…I feel gross.” she said, heading off in that direction, feeling a bit like the walking dead from how tired she was. A shower would certainly help though.

Upon entering she quickly undressed and started the water, running it as hot as she could stand. For a time she just stood under the stream. As weak as it was, it still felt good, soothing aches and pains, letting the heat seep into her muscles and the steam warm the chill in her bones. But eventually she did have to actually wash herself, running soap along her thin limbs and into her hair, scrubbing the lavender and rose scented suds to a lather, beginning to feel a bit more human with each passing second.
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
your voice is all war
He gives her a slight shrug as he stretches out his arm in response to her and her kiss, letting her lean up against him as they walked in. He figured she could do it, had all the faith in her to figure it out. But once they were inside and he discards his jacket, his eyes dance toward her as she mentions she needs a shower. He nods to her briefly, one hand rubbing his arm that had been hit by one of the exploding dishes as well. He needs a shower too, and he thinks that perhaps it might be beneficial to save water so to speak, watching as she retreats to the bathroom.

But he lets her get the head start, gathering a few other things like clothes for her and himself before he steps into the room. It’s steamy from the heat of the water and the chill in the air, and he clicks the door shut quietly behind him as he places the clothes on the side beside the shower in easy reach. He then spends a moment undressing himself before pulling back the curtain to notice that she’s washing her hair, the smell of lavender infusing the air around them.

He gives her a small rogue smile, unsure if she’ll see it or not, before he steps in with her. “Here.” He hums to her, hoping he hasn’t surprised her too bad – if he has, he’s there to catch her – and he places some soap on his hands to help run through her long blonde hair.
boy born for revolution
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
The water pressure might not have been the best, but it was still loud enough to mask the sound of the door opening and closing, as well as the sound of Jata shuffling about. But when the curtain was pulled back she gasped, jumping a little and freezing in place. Phoebe blinked, confused for a moment as she watched him step in wide-eyed before her cheeks flared bright red. Sure they had sex plenty of times before but somehow being naked in front of him in the shower made her feel more exposed than before.

Probably the lack of blankets.

”Were you worried I was going to fall asleep in here?” she said with a light laugh as she watched him put soap in his hands. But as he rand his fingers through her hair she sighed, her forehead tilting forward against his chest. Head rubs were the best thing, but getting one’s hair washed was the epitome of head rubs. She was as close to putty as she could be while still standing, her arms wrapping around his waist loosely.
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
your voice is all war
He was mostly successful in staying quiet while she washed, but the surprise on her face as her cheeks grew bright red had him giving her a small smirk. He thought nothing of it – having seen her before, appreciated her body like she had done for his. He chuckles to her at her comment before he runs his fingers through her hair and lets her forehead rest on his chest, while he stroked and rubbed the soap all through her scalp. “A bit worried, yes. Didn’t want you to drown.” He jests with a rumble, letting the water run over his shoulders, making the base of his hair wet.

He turns her then, so her back is to him, and he pulls her close to as he moves her hair to the side, his hands gently and delicately rub her neck and the base of her head where her hair begins. “I needed a shower too, though.” He hums with a small smile, tilting his head to the side as he lowers it beside her ear and presses a kiss just under it. “After all, you exploded a dish full of blight things on me.” He jokes with a light playful whine, knowing full well he hadn’t moved out of the way – he cared more about the shards hitting her than he did with them hitting him, anyway.
boy born for revolution
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
She smiled against his chest, eyes closed as she enjoyed the feeling of his fingers pressing against her scalp. Clearly he wasn't actually, but it felt like a much needed brain massage, releasing the tension she had been holding while working all day. A contented hum managed to break through her lips, willing to stand their forever. But he decided to turn her around, and she did so without a fuss.

When he pulled her back against him though, it became very clear that taking a shower wasn't the only thing on his mind; which brought a smile to her lips and made her blush flare anew.

It didn't last long though as he ran his fingers over her neck and base of her hairline. She groaned quietly, her head tilting forward to make it easier for him to continue. Forget the other things, for the moment this was pure, stress relieving bliss. His words and kiss brought reality back and she blinked, suddenly remembering that he had been hit when the glass shattered the last time. "Oh! That's right, I'm so sorry I forgot..." she said, making to step away so he had room to do so.
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!