the draw
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
your voice is the loudest shout at the head of the line
your voice is all war
He gives her a playful roll of his eyes at her comment before a rogue grin takes over. “When.” He says with a light chuckle, until she continues on and his laugh grows a bit louder. “I think I am quite competent, thank you .” He winks to her, giving her a charming grin and another shake of his head. The teasing doesn’t bother him, he doesn’t care enough about his status here in Caido to defend anything. And besides, she knows why he is the way that he is, at least the important bits.

But he remains silent, wrapping the towel around her and drying her off while she speaks and he listens, a small snort leaving his nose at the mention of high maintenance. He had known women far more of a requirement than Phoebe had been thus far. But he listens diligently, nodding along with her in understanding. “My city was at war for hundreds of years, I understand what it’s like.” He offers in case she doesn’t want to share more of the details. He had been saved from most of it – the house of Laws, the house of enacting justice, rather than being on the front lines or supplying.

So you were expected to go and have a family and rebuild essentially?” He rumbles quietly with a slight tilt of his head, drying her shoulders off. It sounded terrible to him, and he likely would have rebelled the first chance he got. Leave to a new place, start a new life, start a new family. His lip flickers slightly in a frown as she mentions she came here shortly after, to do the same thing again. But the only difference was that it was unexpected and that nobody had chosen her to go other than fate.

But he speaks of Emmett and his eyes flicker over her body as she explains, a tilt to his head. The famous boyfriend he had told her about. But the story grows darker, and his hands grow softer as they envelop her and dry her off, and he was about to say something until she told him of her miscarriage. His brow raises slightly and he turns her to look at him, with a sort of sorrowful sadness in his eye. “I’m sorry Phoebe.” He says, truth lingering in his voice. He can’t imagine what it must have been like for her, but he had seen the way some of the women back home had reacted – it was not easy.

His hand lifts up to caress her cheek and jaw gently after she tells him of Emmett’s death, and his eyes search her honey brown ones for a moment before he sighs quietly and wraps her in a tight hug. “That’s a lot of terrible things to happen to someone so young.” He tells her, though it wasn’t long after he was her age that everything happened with Lusea. But he can relate, when it was someone you cared for so deeply.
and and they love you for it
your voice is breaking but it is holy
boy born for revolution
all you have to do is burn
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
She smiled a little at him as he tried to relate to her, as far as growing up in a war torn place was. "I am not sure people in our capital city knew how bad it could be. It was so heavily guarded I doubt people had their daily lives affected often. But a little quarry town like mine was pretty easy pickings." she explained. No standing guard, save for the quarry itself. They had been lucky to to be targeted often, but that didn't mean it never happened.

Phoebe nodded at his question. "Yes, exactly. That is why everyone from the same place as me is fairly young." she said. The younger you were, the more childbearing and rearing years you had. "I've yet to meet anyone here who came directly from Northwind, and not Northaven." Perhaps the actual kingdom was too far away for the Voice to reach. Perhaps everyone there was dead. Both seemed possible.

She looked up at him as he turned her, keeping calm but clearly on the edge of emotion. It was still hard to talk about the child she lost, but his empathy was appreciated. "It's alright. My child's spirit is with Mort, which is all I could hope for. But that is why the candle on the mantle is always lit. Ludo told me to do that for them." she said quietly.

As he pulled her into a tight hug, she pressed her face against his chest. She swallowed a lump of her emotion building in her throat. Just having it acknowledged that she had been through so much made her emotional - that she was vindicated in having the outlook she did. A shuddering sigh managed to part her lips as she put her emotions back in line. "It's been hard." she said quietly. "It's why I'm so clingy I think...to lose everything over and over again...I just want things to be stable for once." she admitted quietly against hist chest.
In These Past Few Days When I See Myself
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
your voice is all war
He nods to her with understanding lining his steel gaze, drying her off slowly and with gentle hands. He doesn’t know what to say to it — his home has been comprised of all the separate governing houses in the only real city the place had. Each was ruled separate and had their own small borders and skirmishes, and the land was large but open from all sides. The only time they ever handed together it seemed was during times of war. Any other time? Their values clashed, and it was war from within.

And when she talks about her child, he wraps her up in his arms with the towel, tight and comforting and nice, before he places a kiss to the top of her head. He thinks of the candle briefly, having only glanced at it occasionally and never asked any questions. He hadn’t felt the need to, it had never really been any of his business. Hers, the lost child, and Ludo and Mort. But if it made her happy, it made him happy too, and he listens as she mentions it's why she’s clingy — and he tries to lighten the mood, pulling away a bit.

He lowers his head so his eyes can search her own, his hands resting gently on her shoulders and rubbing gently. “I don’t mind.” He tells her softly, as honestly as he could. And it’s true, he doesn’t mind clinginess, only when it gets in the way of his job and the like.  But so far? This has been nothing in comparison. If she wanted him to hold her hand, hold her at night, hug her randomly in public, he would. It didn’t matter to him.
boy born for revolution
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
Phoebe glanced up at him as he pulled away, wondering if she perhaps said too much. Maybe he didn’t like hearing that she thought herself clingy or that she wanted stability. He was a mercenary after all, the life of a fighter usually was anything but stable she supposed. But instead she found his hands resting on her shoulders, his eyes tilted down to be level with her own. Had he been Emmett she might’ve looked a bit desperate, hoping and wishing that this confession wouldn’t lead to her being pushed away again. But instead her gaze was more serene. It was what it was, she felt how she felt, and that was what mattered. She couldn’t make him bend to accept those feelings. That wasn’t her responsibility.

But his words rang like music in her ears, bringing a smile to her lips. ”I don’t mind.” It was the confirmation she yearned for – that even with her feelings as they were, with her being the person she was, that she wasn’t a burden. Emmett had always seen her as a burden, a responsibility, one more thing on his plate to think about. But the things that had made her tiresome to be around to him apparently did not affect Sunjata in the same way. ”I’m glad.” she said quietly, wrapping her arms loosely around his waist. She felt as though her heart warmed ever more to him, feeling for the first time in a long time that she could trust his steadfastness without reservation. He knew what she wanted, what she needed, and it was no burden to him to give it.
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
your voice is all war
There’s a small amount of tenderness that reaches his eyes when she meets his gaze, and he gives her a soft smile, a light squeeze, when she tells him that she’s glad for it. But it was give and take, he could be the person she wanted him to be, but he can’t change the person he is deep within, hidden beneath folds that even he won’t tell her. He could be her pillar, but he could also be her storm.

Because for all the gentleness he shows, there’s still that temptation within him, medication or not, that writhes and moves with fury and justice. Eye for an eye. And while Phoebe has only seen a part of it, had quelled his temper just enough, he wasn’t certain if she could handle the rest of him. And so he keeps it filtered away, hidden down deep within him until he needs it.

She wraps her arms around his waist loosely and he gives her a soft smile and another hug before he breaks away to dry off himself. And when he does, and she seems sufficiently dry, he offers his hand to her to help her out before he moves to stand behind her to look into the mirror. “What do you think of the braid?” He asks with a light crooked smile, looking to her through the mirror as he air dries a small amount longer before grabbing his clothes.
boy born for revolution
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
It seemed like many of those around her, Jata thought Phoebe unable to cope with the difficult realities of life. And though she yearned for a fairytale, she knew better than to believe such things existed, and there was a lot she was willing to give for the happiness and contentment of those she cared for. But until Jata made the bold step to let her be that close, to let her see the ugly and shine her light upon it, he would never really know if she could withstand the storm.

Phoebe grabbed her clothes as he moved away – really just intending to put her under dress on which also doubled as a comfy nightgown. Brown eyes glanced to the mirror when he asked, widening in surprise at the intricate braid he had put into her hair. ”It’s so pretty!” she said with a smile. ”You’re going to have to style my hair from now on.” she teased with a grin.
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
your voice is all war
He lets her dress, stepping aside enough to put a pair of shorts on himself. He doesn’t bother with a shirt, finding that they’re likely just heading straight to bed and what would be the point of putting a shirt on only to remove it five minutes later? So he remains shirtless, a small amount of water running through his hair down his neck as he looks to her through the mirror with that crooked smile of his, and waits for her reaction.

He watches her eyes widen a fraction and he chuckles lightly to himself at the implication he had just signed himself up for. His head tilts to her and he looks down to her this time, standing behind her to lower his head by her ear again, much like he had done when they first met. “I’m an entitled brat, remember? What’s in it for me?” He hums to her before pulling away with a louder laugh, moving toward the door to open it and let her out first.
boy born for revolution
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
”Oh that’s right, I forgot.” she said laughing a bit as he reminded her he was an entitled brat. She tapped her chin as she followed him out of the bathroom, not removing her hair from the braid despite it being damp. It would still dry and her hair would simply be wavy in the morning. There was nothing wrong with that she thought.

”I mean…I do cook for you. And I do your laundry. You live at my house. I have sex with you. Pretty sure there is a lot in it for you for the very small price of braiding my hair.” she said with a light, teasing sort of laugh as she moved to go upstairs. The tiredness from her illness and long day and their activity was starting to weigh on her. She crawled into the bed, curling up in the mass of pillows and blankets, a little haven of soft, comfy warmth. ”But if you don’t want any of that I mean, by all means, leave my hair braidless.” she said with a yawn, smiling cheekily back at him.
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
your voice is all war
She laughs at his joke and he quirks a brow at her when she taps her chin and heads toward the door. He follows her out, listening with a quiet chuckle at the comment she gives. He doesn’t comment on it just yet, not until she crawls into the bed and he follows, pulling the blankets up to cover them comfortably before he turns onto his side and pulls her close into him.

He chuckles to her lightly, burying his face into her neck, his free hand reaching up to touch the braid. “Well, when you put it that way.” He voice his muffled from her neck but he chuckles lightly with it anyway. “I suppose it’s a fair trade.” He smiles against her skin before sighing contently. “You have a lot of hair though.” He rumbles before he yawns.
boy born for revolution