let the games begin
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
i am the ocean, i am the sea
Well, he’s managed to gather as much information as he can before setting out. He tells Phoebe he has work to do, to prevent himself from looking as though he’s failed the request she’s given him — likely because he finds it a small amount weird to go up to someone he’s never met and ask for a sample. He isn’t optimistic, and its prying (even for him), but if he can manage it, he at least tries.

Much against the rest of the world, Sunjata has nothing against the Ascended. It’s speculation at best, and he knows how much of a slippery slope it is. Still, he wants Phoebe and Ronin to recover, to continue on his strides in this strange world and make things work. And while he hasn’t had a job in… quite some time, he aims to try and make it all work. But if there’s one thing he knows from his time spent with Lucas, it’s that the Ascended much prefer the later time of day. And that’s when he sets out into the fields to track or gather an idea of where the man could be.

Dusk has set, the sun long gone from the horizon as the stars twinkle overhead, and he runs a hand through his hair as he stares for a brief moment at it. Gods he hopes it works, but there’s this clawing feeling in his gut that tells him he’d have better luck getting a sample from a lion.
there is a world inside of me
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Samuel
With his hideout made but not currently necessary (he hoped. Things were at a tense level, but he still felt he could walk into town without being tied to a stake. But for how long, he didn't know) Sam was headed back home, wanting to speak to Nate and have a quiet night to think over everything he had learnt and realised in the last few days.

His hands turning over each other as he walked he was lost in his own thoughts, not noticing the stars in the sky or anyone else on the path before him.

Luckily, there weren't many people out this late -- at least, not until he found himself bumping right into someone. Sam stumbled back, immediate apologies pouring out of his mouth in a panic as he held up his hands. "Oh, I--I'm sorry, I didn't...I was too distracted, it's my fault."

You say time will wash every tower to the sea
And now you've got this worry in your heart
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
The stars were distracting, and he found he couldn’t quite let them leave his gaze despite the importance of the job he had to do. But he still didn’t know where to start, hoping this area might have some secrets hiding and waiting to be released, a finger to point toward Sam.

It seemed that fate was truly a fickle thing.

Not so much as a second after he had been looking at the stars, the next a shorter red haired man had bumped into him, mumbling apologies and tossing up his hands. Jata steps back slightly, raising his own with a small laugh of surprise. “Hey man, it’s okay.” He offers easily with a light shrug before his silver gaze looks him over briefly.

All the descriptions the people in town had given him seemed to fit this man, and he tilts his head slightly to Sam with that same easy going smile. “Samuel, is it? I’m Sunjata. Heard a lot about you.” He offers, extending a hand to the man in greeting. He could either agree or deny his question, and it wouldn’t bother Jata any. He’d just have to be a bit more tactful.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Samuel
Sam did not recognise the man he had bumped into. He was handsome, seemed laid back enough from the way he responded to the accident. He sighed, letting go of the breath he would have been holding if he had lungs that did that anymore. "Well, I'm still sorry."

He hoped that that might be the end of it, wanted very much to get home, but then an introduction was given to him. Unable to be rude (intentionally, most of the time) he took the hand. Sam was very surprised to hear that Sunjata had heard 'a lot about him', the words immediately setting a cold dread around his heart. What were they saying? Was it to do with him being Ascended?

Trying not to sound too panicked, he asked: "What..have you heard? I do not try to live a loud life, so I am surprised people pay attention."

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He shrugs off the other man's apology as though it’s nothing, to which it is to Sunjata. But he isn’t so quick to let the man go off easy, and he keeps the conversation flowing just enough to get the Ascended to stay, to inquire why he might have heard of him, heard stories of him. And when Samuel asks him what he’s heard, Sunjata gives him a charming smile.

Well, I’m sort of new here and you’re a Natural from what I’ve heard.” He pauses briefly with a small smile. “I’ve heard you make books. A dedicated job that people have said you’re good at.” He rumbles easily, trying to spark a conversation, without being so forthright with it. But in terms of books? Jata found the subject a boring one. But he feigns interest regardless. “What else do you do?” He tilts his head, as if learning about the man from his own mouth would hold more weight than gossip.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Samuel
"Oh, um, yes." Sam mumbled, though guilt clouded over him as he remembered that he hadn't actually made any books in quite a while - going to the Greatwood then working to help his other Ascended had taken priority. His shop had not actually been open in quite some time, and now he found he was anxious to open it, in case those that blamed his kind for the Blight came to find him inside.

Sunjata seemed oddly interested in him and Sam was immediately suspicious. People were never interested in him right away; he was used to being dismissed. "I...do not do a lot. I am in the Loreseekers guild, I suppose. Now, if you don't mind, I really need to be going..." With a forced polite smile, he bowed his head then tried to walk onwards.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
The man mumbles, a sign of something Sunjata isn’t sure if. Feeling guilty? Uncertainty? His brow raises as he notices Sam act more like a mouse in a cage. And he blatantly tells Jata that he doesn’t do much, mentions the Loreseekers Guild, a thing he hasn’t heard before but makes it a point to check out if only to learn something about this place, before Sam begins to dismiss and claim he needs to go.

Sunjata reaches out then, hoping to grab onto his sleeve to pause him long enough. “Let me walk you back?” He asks with a tilt to his head and a charming grin. Then he picks up a stride to match Samuel, head tilting his way with a slightly raised brow. “I had a couple of questions. I’m friends with Lucas, and I know he is Ascended but I’ve never really asked him any questions about it. Was hoping maybe you could tell me what it’s like?” His voice is full of interest, wondering if it would scare the man off or if he’d let him ask his questions.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Samuel
His sleeve was grabbed and Sam immediately tensed, every sense within him telling him that this was it, this was the moment when the Ascended talk would all come to something, the man had clearly singled him out and that was why, turned around ready to have to fight--

"Oh." In all his paranoid plans, he had not imagined that Sunjata would ask to walk him home. "...Yes, alright." He agreed, though his guard was still up, especially as the man went on to ask him questions about his race, which he hesitantly considered. On one hand, it could be dangerous to give out information right now. On the other, if Sunjata was Accepted and willing, more Ascended to help with his efforts could be useful.

"It's...unlike anything else. You feel very powerful." He began, hoping to sell it well on the off-chance that he could convert. "The Voice speaks to us often and treats us well, and we have abilities. And...drinking from people gives you a kind of intimacy that I don't know is possible any other way." A little embarrassed to admit this last point, he hugged his arms and looked away to the side of the path.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Oh.” He replies, at first, before agreeing and Sunjata gives the man a brilliant smile. And he begins to walk with the other man as he explains the Ascension, what it’s like, what the goddess is like, and he listens with a slight tilt to his head. “Hmm.” He rumbles, a deep accented sound before he lifts his steel gaze from the path they take to the man. “That’s intriguing. Does it give you anything else?” He questions, a dark brow raised curiously.

He isn’t sure how he’s supposed to get a sample from him, but if the goddess he speaks of is powerful, perhaps a god’s retribution is something he doesn’t want to face, and he shoves his hands into his pockets as he listens for the answer. Power, abilities, intimacy in one way. He doesn’t know much about the Ascended, doesn’t know where to even begin with the idea of responding to it. But he is a curious soul.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Samuel
"..Ascending can give you a lot of things. if you stay faithful and want it to." Sam said vaguely, because he was sure there were further gifts in his future, but he had not yet been good enough to earn them. Besides, was what he had said already not enough? As far as he knew none of the other races got so many generous benefits from their Gods.

He looked at the man sideways and decided to just ask what he was wondering. "Are you considering Ascending yourself?"

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
If you stay faithful and want it to.” He hears and for a moment he contemplates changing his mind. Staying faithful for him was about as possible as pigs taking to the sky. But he says nothing until the question hits and the red haired man glances to him sidelong, while Sunjata’s own gaze remains forward. “I was considering it. Once I get a bit more information on it, and all that.” He admits with a light chuckle. But now? Now he wasn’t so sure.

There were many things that he wanted to know, wanted to learn – power that he wanted but he wasn’t sure what kind of cost it would take. And he’s found his draw to power a little lackluster as of late. He shakes the thoughts from his head as they near the entrance to the Settlement and he palms the syringe in his pocket, before he thinks better of it.

Well, I’ll come to you if I have any more questions if you’re willing to answer?” He tilts his head to the shorter man, a crooked smile gleaming on his face – though perhaps a smidge predatory and fierce in appearance – before he glances back toward the Midwife’s Clinic. Ah, another day perhaps. He rubs his arm a bit subconsciously before he looks back toward Samuel with a shrug and quiet exhale. “I’ll see you around?
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Samuel
"Oh, you are?" Sam exclaimed, pleasantly surprised. Most people he met and told about The Voice seemed repulsed or weirded out - perhaps if he had known Sunjata's inner thoughts on the matter he'd have been a little more downbeat.

The settlement approached and Sam began to quietly panic about how to say goodbye, something his anxious mind often played with, but luckily Sunjata began the motions. "Yes. Feel free to. You can come to my store -- Wordsworth books -- or ask someone for my home...they could probably tell you. I'll see you later."

Smiling, he stepped away, unawares that his new friend had approached him for a blood sample.