Personal Quest This Little Light of Mine
Lanterns for Ludo
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
All three of his fellow lanternmakers reached for paint, but there was enough for everyone, brushes and all. Melita made the most use out of the different decorations he had made available, while Jiao went with elegant simplicity in a way even the weary bard could admire. At first it seemed like Ezra was taking a page from the Fae's book, painting black on red with designs that were simple but skillfully executed, and Jigano left each of them to their chosen tasks.

Melita's growls did not go unnoticed, and he looked to her worriedly from time to time as Isuma tried to soothe her. He had his hands full of his problems, however, as his attempt to stitch Isla's sutures into the lantern's fabric ran up against the shaking of his fingers, and he was soon bleeding little prickles of blood from his attempts. Thankfully the lantern was black, so he didn't ruin it, but he ground his teeth together and stubbornly persisted through his anger at his own weakness. 108's lantern was easier at least: merely pinprick designs in the shape of stars and constellations against the white paper of its walls.

"Thank you, everyone," he managed, reining his temper back as everyone completed their lanterns, each a light of remembrance for some soul that had touched them deeply. (And what he didn't know about Jiao's lantern wouldn't hurt him.) Ezra's designs, once finished, were unexpectedly cheeky... but also entirely fitting for the one he intended it for. Jigano gave him a tired smile, nodding agreement. "She'd love it. It's got most of her favorite things. Fire and dicks." It was only missing alcohol, but he forbore mention of that, not wanting Ezra to try and find a way to add it in during the solemn festivities.

Melita's anger was a palpable thing, and he quietly left her to focus on her painting as he bid the other two farewell and began to clean up, bundling the remaining supplies into the table cloths. "It suits Emmett well," he said quietly when she released the brush at last. "Thank you for making it for him." He hoped that mention of the young man's name would pull her out of the temper she had fallen into, but he was too tired to coddle her today. He had a long walk back to the farmhouse, and impatience and irritation sizzled uncomfortably close to the surface of his thoughts as he left the honeybee girl and her gourd with their lantern and crossed back into the Hollowed Grounds.

Thank you all for joining! Here ends the Lantern Making PQ for Leafchange 309!

Messages In This Thread
This Little Light of Mine - by Jigano - 08-14-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Ezra - 08-15-2019, 05:11 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Melita - 08-15-2019, 05:55 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Jiao - 08-18-2019, 07:38 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Jigano - 08-18-2019, 08:41 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Melita - 08-18-2019, 11:37 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Jiao - 08-19-2019, 08:30 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Ezra - 08-20-2019, 12:16 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Jigano - 08-20-2019, 02:56 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Jiao - 08-21-2019, 05:07 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Melita - 08-21-2019, 10:38 PM