it's a long way home
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

Ronin was already smiling wickedly at the prospect of being able to name Remi's new and delightfully monstrous form, and his face fell as the other man (rightly) reconsidered. "One would think you didn't want to be called the Winged Fuckery or something," he said, sighing dramatically. He had no chance of keeping a straight face when he was already so childishly amused, and Ronin broke into laughter at Remi's deadpan response. He did, however, lean in and kiss his lover's cheek.

"After my behaviour today, I'll take any and every part of you that you're willing to give, and be blissful with it," he informed him, sitting back to watch as his arm was cleaned up. "Mm, this was not my finest hour, was it?" Ronin agreed softly, wincing as the bandage was wrapped around his arm and yet seeming glad for it, as if the wound hurting meant he was still human. "Thank you," he said. "For everything."

RONIN
Darkness is a funny thing. It creeps up on you.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
cut up our losses into doable doses
ration our tears and sighs
Lips too cold, skin clammy, the smell stronger. Much as Remi simply wanted to turn his mind off and enjoy the affection Ronin was able to give him in these precious and (sadly) fleeting moments, he was finding it harder and harder. Still, he leaned into the gesture with a warm smile.

Wishing Ronin's words were true—the blight having made their sex life difficult to say the least—Remi merely nodded as he softly stroked the hunter's wrist with his thumb before fitting his hand into his husband's.

"Shush." Remi said, verbally waving off the apology. "We do need to talk about that cloud...thing." He added with a raised brow. "But before we do, fireside, or in bed?"

It didn't matter that it was noon or so. With the day the two had had Remi was inclined to treat himself to whatever relaxation he could find.
Remi

Table coding by Sky, inspiration from Jae!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Ronin was not so naive as to not notice the affect that the blight was having on him physically as well as mentally, and he gave Remi's hand a gentle squeeze as it slipped into his own. "Oh yes, the cloud thing. My hero of the hour that I treated rather poorly," he murmured, before thinking quietly to himself. "Fireside, I think," he said, rising to his feet; the burning and crackling longs might warm his clammy fingers, and dispel the scent of death that lingered around him.

Providing Remi followed, Ronin would lead them into the guildhall proper and towards the hearth, where he could stoke the fire and sit before it to drink in the heat. "That cloud seemed intent on following me. I wonder if it's a new superpower of mine."

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Fire was normally cleansing. It seemed like a good idea if for that reason alone.

"Would you stop." Remi hissed playfully, shooing Ronin away as he tried to build the fire. He'd get nowhere with his husband of course, but it didn't stop him trying. With an overly exaggerated huff, Remi sank down with his back against the tall stones bordering the hearth and drew his knees up towards his chest.

"You would develop a superpower that lets you fly, just as I manage to become large enough to carry you." Remi replied with a shake of his head and a wry grin, before his expression grew thoughtful. "Another Safrin power, then?" He mused, wondering if that could be construed as a good sign. If Safrin was well-enough for her magic to continue to bleed to Ronin, and he strong enough to accept it?
Remi

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"No I will not. I am cold and sick and I can have a fire if I want one." Ronin smiled crookedly at his husband, hunkering down before the crackling flames and holding his hands out to warm his fingers. Snorting at Remi's comment, he shrugged his shoulders. "I will still happily be carried. If nothing more, it is a very useful safety feature, as demonstrated just  a little while ago."

Another Safrin power, though... that certainly was interesting, and Ronin's smile softened a touch. "It must be. I definitely wasn't able to do it before," he murmured. "Maybe we can go out and I'll try to coax the poor thing back in a bit, yeah?" Reaching out, he took Remi's hand in his own, his fingers now pleasantly warm rather than cold and clammy. "Guess Safrin still has a bit of spark left, eh?"

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"What the king wants, the king gets, mm? Playing that card already, I see." The alchemist quipped back. Closing his eyes and enjoying the warmth, for a moment it felt normal and easy once again. Soon though not even the wood smoke could hide the rotten-earth smell wafting of off his husband, and Remi opened his eyes and leaned his head back against the warming-stones. "Be that as it may, I still draw the line at saddles. Riding lessons, though.." With a dastardly wink the alchemist shrugged.

Something about the way Ronin was referring to the cloud as if it had sentience warmed Remi's heart in ways he couldn't quite describe (likely having something to do with his ability to shift), and letting his hand be clasped, he smiled adoringly at his husband. "I wonder what will happen to her. She said she would not die, but...I suppose you will not either. I wonder what happens if she befalls the same fate."

Edging himself slightly closer so that his folded knees were resting against Ronin's legs, Remi let his head loll slightly to the side. "Not to displace the importance of trying to understand what is happening to you...but surely if it is in Safrin as well, the gods must care?

Surely it is not all up to us?
Remi

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"Hey!" Ronin protested, wrinkling his nose at the idea of using the title he'd been given in any sort of dick swinging contest. "I can be cold and sick without being a king, you know. As my husband you should want to coddle me at times like this right? Cough cough. Very unwell. Etc." His expression melted into a returning grin, and he winked at Remi as he shuffled closer to him. "You've had plenty of riding lessons, if I recall correctly," he commented.

What would happen to Safrin, though? Ronin's brow furrowed as he gazed into the flames. "I hope that she does not befall the same fate she said would take me over," he muttered. As for the rest of the gods... Smiling sadly, he squeezed Remi's hand. "I hope so," he said, unable to give a solid reassurance. "I hope they care."

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Can you? It does seem like they go hand in hand." Remi pointed out, not that they actually were linked of course. Shooting Ronin a smile tucked between cheeks flushed with coloured, Remi merely smiled quietly. He did indeed want to coddle Ronin at all times; coddle and a number of other things, too. Snorting under his breath, Remi raised his eyebrows before giving his husband a gentle shove. "I have, yes. You though?" Tsking under his breath as if to suggest that their bedroom escapades had anything to do with Ronin being able to stay on Remi as they flew through the air.

Turning Ronin's hand over in his and producing a feather, Remi used the vein of it to softly sketch out the lines that covered his husband's palm. "Is anyone else sick, do you know?"
Remi

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"I'll remember that the next time you get a cold," Ronin said, though the warmth and the love in his voice betrayed the threat he wanted to make. He was forced to look away, a touch embarrassed by Remi's smile as if such a genuine response had been entirely unexpected. "Oho?" He chuckled, shooting a filthy look back at his husband as he tsked. "I suppose I shall have to have a few more lessons with you between my legs," he murmured, though whether he was discussing manticore riding or something else entirely was a mystery. (It really wasn't).

Shivering at the pleasant touch of the feather, Ronin was nonetheless dismayed to see his hand attempting to tremble in Remi's grip, and he glanced frustratedly away from it. "I met a man in the Temple who seemed to be sick," he muttered, shrugging his shoulders. "Phoebe and Jigano didn't look the best when I saw them last, too, but... that doesn't mean it's the blight." He shrugged.

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Rolling his eyes with a weary huff that thankfully remained firmly on the side of playfulness rather than macabre (will you be here, next time I am sick?). Grinning back with far less wickedness (that was a gift Ronin would always have in spades over the gentle alchemist), there was no less heat in his shattered gaze. "Anytime. Though...I may have to call a halt if your cloud becomes a regular addition." Remi added crookedly.

Holding the hunter's hand fast but firm, Remi ignored the trembles as he continued the mark Ronin's palm with invisible ink. Every now and then the vein of the feather would meander as if tracing out a word rather than following the hovels and hollows of the hunter's calloused hands, and Remi would smile secretly to himself.

Raising a brow at the mention of Pheobe and Jigano, both who seemed fine the last time Remi had seen them, the alchemist hummed a note and nodded. "If it is just you..and the gods heal Safrin..I do not know why I didn't think to ask her if that would be enough for you." Remi said, sighing and leaning his forehead against Ronin's shoulder.
Remi

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"Hey, you don't know what kind of powers my cloud has. Maybe it will fit two, and then I can practice all I want in the air with you," Ronin said, his tone utterly innocent and at odds with what he was suggesting; a skill that both men seemed to possess, to the hilarity of all. Sighing deeply, the hunter let the tension in his back and shoulders bleed away as Remi held his hand firmly enough that the tremors wouldn't be too much problem, and he raised a brow as he added flourishes here and there to... whatever he was doing.

"Enjoying yourself?" he asked softly, not minding at all and tilting his head to rest it atop Remi's. "That would be damned useful, wouldn't it? If I rallied and got better just because Safrin was healed." It would also make a lot of sense, given how he had become sick as the goddess did, too.

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Giving Ronin an appropriately horrified and overwhelming intrigued look, Remi blinked in stunned silence for a moment before a boyish grin broke out across his features. Join the mile high, club he might have said in another world where they knew of such things. Instead, he merely snorted. "Why have you two been spending so much time in the air? They will ask. Oh, just trying to fly over the storms."

"Immensely." The alchemist hummed back, very much enjoying the feeling of Ronin so close to him, moreso now that his husband had ceased screaming the house down and performing minor surgery on himself. "Useful. Yes, that is exactly the word I was going to use." Remi said with a dry laugh.
Remi

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"I mean, if you insist we can always tell people we're looking at the storms," Ronin conceded with a wicked laugh. "Though I don't know how high the cloud might fly - or if it even flies while I'm on it - so it could get awkward for everyone if we aren't careful." When were they careful, though? What fun was that, anyway? A warm smile pulled at his lips at Remi's admission that he was, indeed, enjoying himself, Ronin continuing to surrender his hand to soft and affectionate touches.

"Useful, miraculous. Almost the same?" He smirked, shifting to sit closer still to Remi, kissing his curls and feeling a surprising amount of calm descend over him in that moment. "Could we just stay here?" he asked quietly. "Clouds can wait."

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Can't you...royal decree us some privacy? Surely if Zariah could do all she did, you could get us that." Remi countered, not that he really meant it. It wasn't that Remi was necessarily up for the sort of voyeurism a low-flying cloud might bring with it moreso that he doubted Ronin would use whatever power he did have for their own personal benefit.

"No, you only get one grandiose saving per year." The alchemist laughed, protesting the use of the word miraculous. He hoped they weren't at that stage, where Ronin's recovery was now in the realm of miracles.

He hoped, but that didn't make it so.

Shifting to wrap an arm around Ronin's waist and humming contentedly into the kiss against his curls, Remi nodded. "Did you hear Bastien and Rexanna are getting married? We might have started a trend." He mused softly, his fingers slipping beneath the waistband of Ronin's pants to fit comfortably against his hip.
Remi