Where the Wild Things Are
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
She could feel him pulling away emotionally, and physically as he removed his face from her hand. She could see the turmoil in his gaze. She can hear the angst in his voice. Phoebe bit her lip, letting her hand fall to her lap along with her gaze. He hadn't ruined anything, but she had, the mood swings from her illness leading down a path from which she could not recovered.

Phoebe stood, swallowing a lump of emotion in her throat. "Yes, let's go home. I will start on supper right away." she said, preparing to follow alongside him in silence as she stared at the ground. Internally she cursed at the blight she couldn't solve, the one that took control of her emotions and overwhelmed her with them, destroying not just her, but Jata as well.
I can hold the weight of worlds
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
?
SUNJATA
He knows it bothers her, knows that it tears at her deep down, but that darkened piece of him wants her to feel it, to feel what it’s like. He pulls away, but doesn’t leave, only standing when she does, letting his haunted gaze fall on her as he picks up the box he had gotten for her and whatever else had had brought before beginning the walk home. Her voice still lingers in his ear, and he gives her a quiet nod, unable to come up with the words as though they’re blocked from him — to tell her that he’s not hungry, that she should rest, he’d figure it out from there. But instead part of the walk is quiet, awkward, and rough, and he continues to chew at his lip gently while he figures out what to say.

It’s not you, Phoebe.” He says, an echo of his previous words, but this time with a different meaning. “It reminded me of Korofi and it… It was hard. It’s always the same thing for me, I don’t know what it is, but it is hard for me to express things through words, and for that I am sorry.” His voice is thickly accented now, as though his body and mind struggle to tell the difference between the common tongue here and Korofi — but he does his best, tries his hardest. So much so that it almost pains him to do it. But he reaches out, to touch her shoulder gently as if to show her — to prove that it’s easier for physical forms of affection than through acknowledging them through words.
you were forged in fire
& you rose from the ashes
murder and mercy rolled into one
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
He didn’t need to worry about if she would or wouldn’t feel it. Guilt was an emotion she knew well and was comfortable with in an unhealthy sort of way. She walked in silence, frowning at the ground, still shaken from the fight and unsure what to do, thinking it all past the point of no return. She wished she could just disappear, but unfortunately she lacked that ability.

But at length he spoke, and she glanced at him. Her brow furrowed in a bit of confusion though. ”Who is Korofi?” she asked quietly before mulling over his words, able to understand what he was getting at a little bit at least. Her gaze dropped to the ground again, her hand rising to rest atop his on her shoulder. ”No, I’m sorry I was in the wrong. The things I said were uncalled for and…under normal circumstances I would never.” she said quietly. ”It would be nice to…hear how you feel truly someday. But I understand it is hard for you and I do know you show it other ways.” she said softly, daring a small smile his way.
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
?
SUNJATA
She asks who Korofi is and it occurs to him that he never told her, never told anyone here except for Melita and that was because she was a descendent from there. He glances over to her, steps still assured and forward while he does so. “Korofi is the name of my country.” He tells her easily, before his hand finds her shoulder. Luckily for him, she seems to understand, and he breathes a bit easier with the smile she sends his way.

But his gut still shifts and churns uncomfortably, and he gives her a small smile in response. “I need time.” A hum of an offer toward her, as his head shifts toward the path they’re taking. He doesn’t know how much time he needs, but he needs a lot — enough, to forget how petrifying it feels to proclaim such things.
you were forged in fire
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She makes a little ’oh’ shape with her mouth, nodding as he explains what Korofi was. He had never told her the name of the place he lived, and since he hadn’t offered it on his own, she had never asked. He was very private about his past, and really the name of his home world was pretty insignificant in the big picture.

Phoebe sighed a little in relief at his words. Perhaps she had not wrecked things as much as she thought? ”You have time.” she said quietly. For a moment she fell quiet, watching her feet as they walked down the path. ”I just hope you won’t hold me at arms length now…figuratively.” she said. He didn’t have to say what he felt, but she hoped he wouldn’t push her away now, that she hadn’t destroyed what closeness they had.
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
?
SUNJATA
She almost sighs in relief, but he doesn’t entirely feel relieved by it. Instead, he gives her a small nod in response, reaching down for her hand to hold at the next comment, looking out over the path they took toward the Settlement. “I won’t.” His voice is rough still, weary and tired, but there’s a hint of the old him within it, the way his accent grows less thick. He gives her hand a small squeeze before he almost laughs softly, a strange sensation despite the feeling within him.

And if he’s being honest and trying to speak with his words rather than actions, he figures he might as well try more while they walked. “My temper can be short most days.” He pauses, looking away from her as his smile falls ever so slight. “I told you before when my father would piss me off, I’d go to the ring, right?” He steals a quick glance to her. “It kept me grounded, got rid of most of my feelings regarding matters.” He shuffles the box a bit into the crook of the arm that holds her hand before his free hand raises to run through his hair once more, to rest on the back of his neck. “I did it a lot after Lusea.” Because despite the way he had told her of the events, with the marriage that had been arranged after it, it took months before it was ever finalized.

He had plenty of time to rid himself of his anger and frustrations in other ways, destructive but positive in the sense that he wasn’t throwing punches at people, but rather training with it. He turns his head to her as he sighs quietly. “I don’t have anything like that here, I have no way to channel it other than to do… well, this.
you were forged in fire
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She was glad when he held her hand, stepping a little closer, smiling a little more at him. "I'm glad." she said quietly. He still seemed off which made her feel guilty. But then he laughed and she looked up with a raised brow. Laughter didn't exactly fit the mood of the situation and so it confused her.

But he started to explain, and she fell silent, taking it all in. "Well...it sounded like you never really had anyone you could confide in or vent to...before and after Lusea. But...you can do that with me. I know talking isn't your strong suit but if you don't practice you'll never get better at it." she said with a small smile. Phoebe did recognize the benefits of physical exercise to get out one's pent up aggression too though. For a moment she thought, before shrugging a bit. "And I do have a bag of quilt fill you could punch if you really wanted."
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
?
SUNJATA
She inches a bit closer to him, and he lets his gaze drift from her again to the path they take, listening while she explains that he didn’t have anyone to confide in. It wasn’t entirely true, he did have his sister. But their conversations were always far more playful, avoiding the seriousness of the world around them and the dangers they had faced. And he nods slowly to her as she says Lusea’s name, something akin to a soreness in his stomach at the sound of her name from Phoebe’s lips. But he shakes it off, listening and focusing, and regarding it as she says it with understanding underlining her voice. And he nods.

But he struggles with where to start.

And he finds its easier to push away rather than to explain. And he has to fight himself from doing it now. Her next set of words are a welcome reprieve, and he squeezes her hand gently, turning his head toward her with a slightly raised brow. “I would like that.” He says softly, quietly, but offering her a small smile. Any little bit of reprieve, any bit of coming close to fixing the roiling thunder in his bones he’ll take.
you were forged in fire
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She smiled a little, glad he liked the idea of using the bag of quilt fill to take out his aggression on. "Okay well I can pull it out for you. Just...let me know if the bag breaks or something." she said with a light laugh. Then for a time she fell silent, this time in a more comfortable manner. As they neared the clinic though, an idea struck. "Follow me." she said, tugging lightly on his hand to lead him to the back.

They walked through the row of neat herb gardens to her shed out back. It had some tools and supplies, but was fairly sizable. "What if we turned this into a little...you space? We could hang a punching bag from the rafters and whatever else you'd like. So when you get really angry you can blow off some steam out here and then come back in and talk about it if you want when you're more calm?"
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
?
SUNJATA
He squeezes her hand once more with a small nod. “I can do that.” He offers softly, letting the silence fall between them, and while it might have felt better for Phoebe it still felt heavy for him, not in a tense way but an exhausted way – and when she summoned him from this thoughts by tugging on his hand, he follows her quietly into the back, pausing briefly to place the gift he had gotten her near the door before his steel eyes spotted the shed with a raised brow.

And at her suggestion, he steps into the shed, looking around at its size and what he could do with it. He nods, with the understanding, a glimmer of appreciation within his gaze as he turns to look back at her with a soft smile on his lips. “I would like that, a lot, Phoebe.” He tells her gently, looking back up at the rafters and the space around them. It wouldn’t be anything like it was, but it was a start – and he supposed he needed to start somewhere at the very least. His eyes travel back toward her, less shadowed with a bit more clarity to them as he gives her a slightly bigger smile.
you were forged in fire
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She stepped back to stand in the doorway to let him look around, hands clasped in front of her. Phoebe ran her teeth over her lower lip nervously, wondering if it would be suitable to him. But he turned and smiled, confirming that he would like to do that, she smiled back as well. "I know it isn't much, but in Flowerbirth we can expand it so it is a bit bigger. And we can move all the tools and things for the garden to a trunk or something on the porch." she said.

"Then you will have a you space here...so it isn't all my things or clinic things. Maybe it will help it all feel a bit more like home in a good way?" she said softly. It was rather difficult to change much in the clinic proper. There was the upstairs but there wasn't really room for a punching bag to swing. But she could give him this.
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
?
SUNJATA
She smiles to him and explains that they can expand it in Flowerbirth, and he spends the time continuing to look around – a brow raised ever so slightly at the idea. Flowerbirth felt far off from the name of it, but he didn’t mind. And he nods in confirmation to her suggestion as well, turning his head to her as she begins to speak once more – his space, not among the clinic with the vials and variety of people that would walk in occasionally.

And it was wonderful.

He feels the feeling begin to dissipate slightly in his stomach as he approaches the entry to the shed again, bracing an arm against the door frame to look down to her with a soft smile – steel gaze clearer and softer as he regards her. “Thank you for this.” His voice is soft, lighter, his accent there but not nearly as thick.
you were forged in fire
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Flowerbirth might seem far away but when the Deepfrost snows came he would see why it had to wait. Slowly but surely she saw him coming around, seeing the small smile on his face and light in his eyes brightened her own expression. As he approached she stayed where she was, tilting her head to look up at him. His words brought a smile to her lips. Lifting up on her toes a bit, she placed a gentle kiss on his lips, hoping to fully set aside the mess of an afternoon that they'd had.

"If I'd known it would help you, I would have given it to you sooner." she said with a small smile as she dropped her heels. "Do you still want to beat up on the quilt stuffing?" she asked.
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
?
SUNJATA
He kisses her gently when she steps up on her toes to meet his lips, and he smiles that same gentle smile as she pulls back, feeling somewhat better than he had on the walk over. She gives him a small smile and a comment that he can’t help but let his usual self shine through just a bit, mouth quirking to the side, he tilts his head to regard her. “Didn’t want you to think I was violent.” He tells her, a slight joke to his tone, but deep down he is and he knows this. It’s simply easier to push away and pretend the darkness doesn’t writhe within him.

But her next question raises his brow slightly. “Mhmm, that would be wonderful.” He offers, stepping back from the door frame, letting his arms drop to his side as he regards her gently, willing to go and help her grab said quilt bag. To help her set it up, and to swing a few punches.
you were forged in fire