Mini Event Always another storm
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415

While the man who spoke up after Loren didn’t really acknowledge what the Launceleyn said, the woman who followed up after the tall warrior man certainly did. She was also a tall warrior type, and carried command with her like a cloak. The librarian was inordinately pleased that she agreed with his suggestion; after the first man had brushed him off, Loren had been worried everyone thought it was a terrible idea. Feeling slightly more confident, the Launceleyn lifted his head to watch her as she continued speaking.

She had a lot to say, all of it quite useful. Although Loren still wasn’t sure what, exactly, a luxere was—he made a note to look it up later—it definitely sounded as if the librarian was suited for coaxing the herd closer, strange as that might sound. But, despite his other failings, Loren’s magic was light and his hands were free of blood.

No, he caused harm of another sort altogether.

As for taking stock of their resources, well, what Loren needed most right now was more information. He had an inkling that he might be useful on one of those teams they were speaking of; however, there was an equally strong possibility he might be needed more at the manor. But if they required magical light, Loren could definitely supply that. He just didn’t know if any magical light would do or only light from specific sources. Knowing the answer to that question seemed pretty crucial. So, loathe as he was to draw attention to himself again, he opened his mouth to speak.

Before he could, though, Remi began to talk, and tension struck Loren like a sword. His whole being seemed attuned to the alchemist, and every syllable out of the other man’s mouth echoed loudly in the Launceleyn’s ears.

Then Remi spoke to Loren directly and the cacophony in the summoner’s mind got a whole lot worse. The librarian listened silently, intently, to the alchemist’s words, searching them for any sign of...anything. Warmth. Disgust. Anger. Even just a hint of recognition. But there was nothing: it was as if Loren was a total stranger to the Attuned. There was just a brief comment about some fucking magical locks in the manor, before the alchemist moved on. Not even agreeing that having people stay at the manor was a good idea. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Something within Loren broke, the dam he used to hold back the tide of emotions that threatened to swamp him every day. Tears sprang to his eyes, and he turned his back to the meeting and closed them, letting the sounds drift over him as he focused on his breathing. Long, long ago, in his all too vividly remembered childhood, when he was locked in a cell of stone and sorcery for his constant failure, flayed with fire both illusory and real for every single one of his many mistakes, mocked and bullied for being weak in body and mind and magic, and punished worse if he cried out even once, he’d learned how to stem tears, no matter the source of sorrow, no matter how deep the wound. So, though this cut him to his core, he drew upon that training now, the Launceleyn way. The only good thing he ever really got from his family.

And when he opened his eyes they were dry and his emotions were gone. If he was going to get nothing, he’d give nothing in return.

Turning back to the meeting, Loren held his head up this time. He’d missed the rest of what Remi had mentioned, but that didn’t seem that important right now. The librarian was just in time to catch an unfamiliar woman with brilliant red hair volunteer to help feed the luxere. “I can help with that as well. My magic is light and my hands are clean.” The Launceleyn’s voice came out in a dull monotone, but at least he was speaking clearly now and any trace of uncertainty was gone, along with every other emotion.

Turning to the tall blonde warrior woman, Loren continued speaking. “It sounds like we’re all in agreement that the manor is a good place to keep people.” At the very least, he hadn’t heard anyone suggest an alternative. “If that’s the case, I can make sure we’re prepared to host a large group for an extended stay.” Pausing slightly, the Launceleyn glanced at the rest of the group. “Are we sure that sealing people in, magically or otherwise, is the best idea, though? In my experience, locking people in just encourages them to break out.” At least, Loren, caged behind the walls and bars of the Launceleyn compound had always yearned to be free.

While the librarian wanted to ask Remi about the magical locks—Loren had been surprised to hear about those, but then again, he hadn’t actually seen much of the manor since his return—the Launceleyn worried that his tenuous grip on his emotions would falter if he looked at the other man. Loren was quick to quash that particular train of thought, clinging more tightly to the control offered by his training. He’d been a duke as well as a Launceleyn, and he drew on that now to straighten his posture and add authority to his word and bearing. “Apologies if this is an ignorant question, but does it matter what the source of the magical light is? I can summon pretty much any mythical being, so long as I’m provided a description, but I don’t know if the monsters will only be driven away by the light of a luxere or the Spark Bird.” Again, Loren was shocked there was an apparently magical creature he hadn’t heard of (though it was like he’d had a chance to study up on Caido’s fauna or myths), but he’d find out what the bird was later. “Either way, I’d be happy to serve, either on one of the teams or in holding down the fort at the manor, whichever you all think is most useful.”

If he’d caught the discussion of running tests, he would have offered his assistance there as well. Or maybe not: spending too much time in Remi’s presence might simply be too painful for Loren. Besides, it sounded as if he might have a lot to do already, and given how he was vastly ignorant of the situation, it might be too much of a hassle to bring him up to speed. Regardless, it was a moot point, as the librarian hadn’t heard. It was probably for the best.

As was the choice to stop feeling.

LOREN
Brought back by satisfaction more times than the cat
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Though he was not normally a quiet man, or one giving to lurking, Jigano had not been planning on attending the meeting. He had been dropping off freshly-gathered medicinal plants in the Infirmary before the start of the gathering, and found himself caught between walking out through the meeting in progress, or waiting for it to end. Of course he had listened in, though he hadn't planned to speak up, but neither Amalia nor Rory were there... and neither, of course, was Edrei.

Wessex had the most useful breakdown of information, but it was lacking in one key area. Loren's offer of calling a mythical creature might be able to overcome the lack, but how far? As loathe as he was to draw attention to himself, Jigano finally sighed and stepped into the Temple proper, clearing his throat self-consciously.

"There are no monsters outside the barrier boundary," he said, though for once his voice might not have been loud enough to carry throughout the entire Temple. "Or at least, there haven't been in the past. I spoke to one of the Fae about it some time ago, and passed on a warning of what was coming, though as Deepfrost approaches they could use more of the specific rituals of what the Naturals have learned to be effective protections." He nodded grudging respect towards Wessex as the primary representative of their hosts, and the one with the most experience preparing for Long Nights.

"As for teams, and those going out in the dark..." he hesitated briefly, tilting his head in acknowledgment of Remi and Ashetta . "The monsters can do more than pretend to be people you know. Those who went to repair the perch found our minds... warped, for lack of a better word. They were able to slither into our thoughts and twist our emotions, tricking us into attacking each other. On their own they did little but throw debris at us to stop us, but what they were able to make us do to each other was far worse. The only protection that seemed to keep them out for any length of time were Amalia's red antlers. So long as we held one of those, we were safe from the manipulations, but simply being in their light was insufficient. Whether the antlers of a regular luxere would have the same effect, I can't say, but Edrei's magical fire wasn't enough to even slow them."

Blue eyes found Loren , chill and distant at the stranger who spoke so confidently of the Tyrant's Manor. It wasn't much of a jump to assume that he was linked to the Launceleyns, not with his tantrums and insults, but during Long Night it wasn't a matter of liking or disliking someone. They were all in it together, and personal grievances were set aside. "If you could summon a Spark Bird, that would be the most efficient protection," he said, forcing his volatile temper back and keeping his tone neutral with an act of will. "The one that came last year was able to protect the entire area of the Sanctuary with her light. How long will your summoning last, whether bird or beast? Is there a limit to how long a summoned creature will remain, or a limit to the distance you can get from it? Although we cannot guarantee the same Spark Bird will return to us this year, I would hesitate to do anything that might keep her away, if your summoning will not last the entire week. If it will disappear when you sleep, for instance, we would need to plan for that, and for the monsters retaliating with renewed rage during those times." Rory needed to remain fairly close to his summoned animals, and to concentrate on them to keep them existing, but he couldn't summon mythical creatures. Maybe that meant that the stranger's ability was strong enough to overcome those limitations.

The problem was that they wouldn't be able to test any of their plans and ideas until they were already under fire.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
His suggestion had not been readily ignored or immediately brutalized into nothing, so he tilted his head and listened to the rest of the commentary, soaking in the potentials, spiraling the calculations and meticulous efforts in his mind. Wessex knew enough about the monsters, apparently – senseless and shapeless (like water, fluid in their upcoming approach?), magical beams of light the only thing to counter their odious efforts. So they would need more: more Luxere (and with dark magic embedded in his skin, it made sense why it’d taken him so long to entice any of them; he was an opposing force to their nature), more fathoms, more reaches and depths of these contortions – especially with increased territory and terrain due to be under siege.

When Remi’s eyes glanced over to him, the Sword raised his brow, the hint of a snicker resting there, before pulling away, back to a nonchalant stance. “We can,” agreeing and acknowledging running tests, experiments, hastening back and forth to see if there were any opportune results.

As for inventory of tools, his brow only arched a segment, pondering if he should reveal everything he’d been working on and cultivating for some time, with the notions of rebellion, with the insinuation of weaponry and massed insurrections, or even openly admitting he had creation magic along his entity – though some portions of the crowd were already aware. “I have a number of munitions and tools at my disposal,” he intoned to Wessex, not chancing another look to Remi – the curve of magical endeavors already at the alchemist’s grasp, and at Deimos’ as well, though the Sword was currently ignorant of the notion, had not yet tried to impart anything else into a blade or shield. “I can bring them,” – to wherever they were required, or they could investigate and observe their strength and accord too, he supposed, but he had no inclination of harboring himself in the depths of that damned manor.

Jigano’s appearance didn’t earn any change in the Reaper’s stance except for the movement of his eyes, gaze maneuvering to the bard as he exchanged another wealth and fountain of information. He wanted to ask where the man had acquired the sources – but maybe they were stacked in amongst the tomes of the guild, waiting to be plucked from the annals of the Sage’s mind. The tale of the last Long Night, when they’d assaulted one another, when Amalia had died carved some rancor into his chest, caused him to pause - the signature red antlers were now corded as a staff. He had naught else to add though – just thoughts and aspirations, listening in on the rest of the predilections and plans.
He was something solid
to lean against
violent and fierce and unmoving
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
every now and then the things i lean on lose their meaning
Remi flashed Melita a warm smile, appreciative of her presence here. Like him, she seemed an ill-fitting beacon of light in these dark times, but given the foe they were up against, that was precisely what was needed. "I can think of no one better." He said with a subtle wink.

Loren 's movements went unnoticed as more voices rang out towards the alchemist. Even had he been looking, with the way his vision interpreted the world now, the librarian was no more than a shadow in the darkened temple. As he spoke up again, Remi's boyish gaze sought to find the man's face but more or less failed, leaving him listening with his head cocked slightly to the side. "I do not know." The alchemist answered honestly. To his knowledge the naturals had more or less accepted their fate during the week-long darkness. There weren't many tests or anecdotes even to draw from.

Having not seen the bard slip in, Remi was surprised to hear Jigano 's voice ringing out with its commanding and softly authoritative tone.  Running a hand across his forehead, the alchemist turned to pick up the notebook he always seemed to have with him and a stub of charcoal. Scribbling a few notes, Remi nodded along obediently as Jigano elucidated that no, the monsters didn't seem to extend to the Greatwood. That didn't mean they wouldn't this year, though. Adding yet more notes about what was and wasn't effective, the tactics deployed, and then, with a surprised expression upon hearing that the hooded man might be able to summon a sparkbird, nodded with emphatic appreciation at the Sage's follow-up questions.

"Is there no way to test any of this?" The alchemist asked the group at large, echoing the bard's thoughts. "It is one thing to think of items we might have, defenses and tactics but...it is all for naught if it works only in theory." Remi turned his blind-gaze towards Jigano now, the man appearing like white smeared on canvas with splatterings of clear-blue where his eyes should be. The bard always seemed to have more tricks and knowledge up his elaborate sleeves than he let on, after all.
& i find myself careening
into places that i should not let me go

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415

No one seemed to know whether other sources of magical light would work, which was worrisome to say the least. Loren somehow had avoided encountering these monsters, but even the people who had and who were much more familiar with the Hollowed Grounds than he seemed to have more questions than answers. As someone who had been a scholar in another life that bothered the Launceleyn more than he could say, but he’d work with what he had.

This whole situation was made much more difficult because he still couldn’t look at Remi, not even when the alchemist addressed the summoner directly.

Then Loren had more to worry about than Remi, if such a thing were possible, at least in the immediate future. Jigano had shown up, and the Launceleyn’s eyes widened, his careful control slipping for just a moment. And that was before the white-haired man began to speak. Well, crap. Jigano—the man that Loren had insulted in the woods without much cause—turned out to not only be someone quite knowledgeable, but also an ally in the fight against these monsters.

Thankfully he spent some time talking about the fairies, which allowed Loren to regain his composure. There was nothing the librarian could contribute there. The conversation about the creatures getting into people’s heads and warping their thoughts and feelings was achingly familiar to the Launceleyn; that had been a favorite trick of his family, using illusions to twist the world around him until he didn’t know what was real and what was fake. Indeed, he had quite a bit of experience being the victim of such attacks. And he also knew a little bit about how fight them off.

So Loren interjected, his voice still cold and emotionless, head held high. “It sounds like illusion magic, or at least something related to it. I have enchanted glasses that allow me to see through visual illusions. Perhaps we could craft something similar to protect our minds along with our senses.” The mention of Edy almost broke Loren’s mask, but it held. “It would help if we could study how the antlers resisted dark magic. If we knew that, we could try to duplicate the effect.” The theory was sound, but the Launceleyn was way out of his depth here, and he knew it.

Then Jigano turned to Loren directly. The Launceleyn braced himself for another confrontation (which the librarian would definitely have deserved), but while the white-haired man’s tone was far from friendly, at least it was civil. That was more than Loren could’ve asked for. Unfortunately, the questions Jigano raised were tough enough on their own, even without any added hostility. “I don’t know if I can summon a Spark Bird, but I’ve summoned a phoenix and a thunderbird before, so it’s certainly a possibility.” He paused, then admitted, “However, while I’ve summoned real animals and mythical animals, I’ve never attempted to conjure a real animal with magical abilities. So I won’t know until I try.” That troubled him, though he couldn’t say why; perhaps it was because it would indicate a severe gap in what his summoning magic could do, one that might prove a liability moving forward.

That wasn’t the only potential problem in his plan. According to Jigano, they needed a full week’s worth of protection. “I don’t know how long it will last, nor do I know how far I can get from my summons without it disappearing. However, I will need to be in the same general area, and unfortunately it won’t last forever. I can test both of those limits though, and get back to you all. It will definitely disappear if I’m not consciously maintaining it.” That meant there was absolutely no way Loren could keep it going for a week. He might not even be able to keep it up for more than a few hours. If he wasn’t fighting, just keeping it in the real world—every other time he’d summoned something it had been for a battle or for training—then it might last longer.

The truth was, there was a lot he didn’t know about himself or his abilities. It was past time he found out, though, and this seemed quite pressing. If he was willing to ask for help, he could probably get it, but he wasn't sure he was up for that quite yet.

Then the conversation swung back to all this being hypothetical. That was the root of the problem: they had all these proposals, and no idea if any of them would work. Then an idea of his own struck him, and Loren bit his lip. Surely it had occurred to someone else among this group. But as he looked around, he realized that no, they weren’t used to considering what skills he could bring to the table, for obvious reasons. Still, he was reluctant to even bring up the possibility, especially because it was just that, a possibility. Unfortunately it had to be said, and no one else seemed to be suggesting or even thinking of it. “I could try summoning one of the monsters. No guarantee that it will work, though.” It sounded like they needed a test subject, and he couldn’t think of any other way to secure one.

LOREN
Brought back by satisfaction more times than the cat
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
maybe we exist to bleed // maybe we exist to burn
oh but who can say which?
They talk and talk, and Kiada nods her head to Remi at her own suggestion — eyes slipping toward Deimos with a quiet nod as he offers his own ideas. But then they talk and talk some more, and it isn’t until she hears Loren’s suggestion of seeing how they resisted the dark magic, that she extends herself out into the front of the gathering toward Remi, leaving Bastien behind as Auni tiptoes up beside her. The Luxere is smaller than the rest, but his antlers still gleam with that golden hue, and his eyes are wide and bright as he looks around at everyone else.

It will be hard to find many Luxere willing to come and be tested, so all I can offer is Auni.” Her voice is matter of fact, and her hands tremble and shake as she reaches out to rub Auni between the ears. “He’s typically very willing if there’s food and scratches involved.” She adds on with a small curl of her lips in a smile before she looks up to Loren and the others before her eyes settle on Remi.

Even with the little amount of light from him when Caiside and I got him over long night, when his antlers were barely budding, it was enough to ward off the creatures.” She informs them before giving Remi a slightly solemn look. “But they are not immune. Auni was infected by a creature and that is why the Luxere left. We managed to get it out of him, but… The thing that was inside him was what killed Isla.” She looks away from Remi then as Auni’s ears lower in a small amount of sorrow and regret, even if it hadn’t been him. “So I will ward caution on it, it is not an end all be all, but it’s something.” — and something was all they needed, to prevent more Ru’in’s.

TLDR; Auni was infected and the creature killed Isla so she’s saying they’re not immune. But she also offers Auni for any sort of tests or what not to see how Luxere’s respond to anything!
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
He had no doubt that Deimos would fight, and fiercely. Wessex, too, for all the hostility between them. Ashetta was a warrior as well, and there were no shortage of those willing to combat the demons of the dark. Whether those demons could actually be struck by physical or magical means, however? That was a question they didn’t have an answer to, though he suspected it wouldn’t be so easy. Surely the Naturals had tried to fight back before, but neither he nor Remi had found any indication in their readings last year that anyone had ever successfully harmed a Long Night monster, or forced it to retreat. He would need to do more research, and ask his guildmates to do the same, if they hadn’t already begun.

Remi’s easy acceptance of his words warmed some of the cold knot of anxiousness in his chest. The bard breathed a little more deeply, then found himself the focus of the alchemist’s attention as the younger man looked to him – to anyone, but those blind eyes pointed at him – for advice on how to proceed. It was a question that had been nagging him since ideas had begun being offered, and he nodded slowly, hoping that Remi could sense it – and sending a small pulse of acknowledgment through the Attuned bond to let him know that he was thinking about it.

The ragged stranger spoke up while he pondered, cold but taking the threat seriously, for which the bard was grateful. It sounded like he had powerful magic, and potentially very useful magic, which was more important, and despite his dislike for the man he listened closely. Illusion magic? He frowned, giving it some thought. The way they were said to take on the forms of known people could well be that, but what if they were more like the boggarts? ”Can they see through a shapeshifted creature?” he asked Loren , but his voice held curiosity rather than doubt. Then again, how much of the monsters were ‘real’ – and for how long? Something wriggled at the back of his thoughts, a memory of what used-to-be, a reminder of what he had once been—

Information continued to flow as they created a list of projects to work on. Lights and weapons, antlers and luxere, Spark birds and their summoned simulacra. The possibly-Launceleyn man was already offering to test his limits, and they would have to wait to hear back on the results of that testing before they could move forward with further assumptions. But the limit, at least, sounded like it would be at best a partial answer. ”If it works, we can still use it as a rescue method,” he suggested, looking around at Remi and those gathered warriors who had offered to patrol the streets. ”Even if you can only summon a Spark Bird for a short time, if its light has the same effect as a real one it would be enough to save people who come to the door looking for help – or to scare off any monsters that are trying to trick their way inside the Rathskeller or the Manor, if you summon it to the perch.” Unfortunately those were big ifs, and Remi’s question still lingered.

And then, of course, there was the suggestion to summon a monster in the flesh – so to speak. Jigano’s frown deepened and he reached up to rub at his temple, trying to catch hold of the almost-memory that had been tickling away there. ”Monsters that change their shape… that speak human language… that ignore animals and only attack humans.” He looked over to Remi , tilting his head. ”They sound almost like something from my world, a little. A haunting, we called it. Vengeful spirits that were tied to a particular place and that lashed out at the living. They could hurt us, but it was difficult for our weapons and magic to hurt them because they weren’t truly corporeal.” He was rambling, he knew, a meandering trail of thought that he hoped might spark some inspiration in someone else. ”I don’t know if you can summon a spirit,” he nodded to Loren. ”It’s worth a try, so long as we have safeguards in place.” And he looked to Kiada and her luxere companion, his eyes also seeking for Amalia and her antler-bound staff. ”These monsters, though, if they were trapped in the barrier with us… where do they go for the rest of the year? We know they only come out when there is no sun, moon, or stars in the sky. So wherever they are now… it’s probably in a place without light. I can think of two such places: the Underground, and the inside of the Spire.” He grimaced, looking away from those gathered as he continued speaking. ”I’ve gone soul-hunting once before in the Underground with no luck, but I’m willing to keep trying. If anyone wants to join me, you’re welcome to do so… though it might be another wild goose chase,” he acknowledged. ”I haven’t yet gone looking in the Spire, since we’ve been in it before without being attacked – not by them, at least. But I can try there, too, with Ludo's song. And I have no proof that they might be in either place, it’s just a guess.” But the Spire did seem to be at the root of so many of their problems. Still, all he could do was shrug and let others speak, hoping that something he had said might give someone else an idea, or that something that followed would give him one.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
in a world where you can do anything: love
the honeysuckle princess
Phoebe sighed and shook her head at Remi's words. Of course he had promised Ludo more than he could actually provide. But the midwife fell silent, listening to every plot and plan, try to think of ways they could out-think or outmaneuver the beasts of LongNight. Anger began to bubble up in her gut, clutching the blankets closer to her chest. Thoughts of summoning spirits, burdening the innocent with corralling and untold number of Luxere to the oversized Manor, weapons and light replication...why. Why? To protect people like the one fellow who left who had no interest in it? For some concept of a greater good that no one could ever seem to agree upon? Her nose scrunched and cheeks puffed with her anger, every word that passed through the lips of everyone here stoking the wrath within her.

"I will go wherever the most people are to offer my medical knowledge in case of injuries, but I will have no further part in this madness." she said shortly as she stood, lips set in a frown as she looked over at Remi. "The beasts of LongNight are clearly some sort of consequence of the Grounds being cut off from the rest of Caido for centuries and there is no solution to it, or Ludo would have said as much. Some things cannot be changed or remedied or better prepared for. If you made Ludo a promise that cannot feasibly be kept, you had better find that solution in a way that does not drag the rest of these people into your mess, Remi." she snapped, brown eyes, usually soft and empathetic, hardened with her rage.

The young blonde turned to depart then, Pim turning to the crowd and trilling almost apologetically before he followed her out.

TL;DR - Phoebe blight rage snapped at Remi and peaced out...unless someone physically stops her cause we all know she a weak lil bean.
PHOEBE
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
out of the night that covers me
"Phoebe, stop." Wessex says loudly in a tone that means the little blonde better fucking halt in her tracks.

She's pulling rank.

Turning to face everyone, the Queen's mouth tightens into something resembling a determined, ever so slight smile. Enough of this. They'll talk each other to death with useless what ifs and how abouts. "Thank you for organizing this, Remi. Here's what we're going to do. Jigano, you and I have a lot of information about the monsters. We're going to chat with Remi tomorrow and then we'll need to see if Auni's light can be replicated or amplified." she turns to Deimos, with a slightly apologetic look. "Weapons are useless. But if you could talk to Amalia about those antlers and whatever other protections from various Gods might work. Organize groups to collect wood for boarding up windows and collecting enough food." Its basic, but she knows she can count on him to deliver. A look to Ashetta. "That's a lot, so I'm putting you on that task too. Ask her about the Sparkbird perch, too."

Then she turns to Melita and offers the firebrand a smile. There's no apology on her lips for being absent, this isn't the time. But she does entrust her with a large task. "Melita, I want you to find people who can keep the luxe close. Organize them into rotating groups." The girl is free to use her best judgement.

Then the temperamental blonde. "Phoebe, prepare medical supplies, enough for four areas. We can't expect everyone to go to the Manor, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be prepared for something. Keep one here, for the Manor and deliver the others to families in the Outskirts. I'll give you the names of the farms where people typically gather."

And then the stranger, who seems to have taken control of the Launceleyn Manor. "And you, whoever you are. I assume yet another Launceleyn. Prepare the Manor for a large group of people. I'll come by in a week and we can look at your summoning then. The monsters need total darkness to exist, yet like we've said, firelight won't keep them at bay. It may even attract them. So. If you can summon anything with magical good-vibes light, that will be helpful."

She then faces the group, tall and strong and cut like glass, all shiny sharp edges and yet trying to open herself up and be transparent. Well, semi-transparent. "Whatever you may think of me, whatever issues you might have, put them aside. I've seen too many LongNight disasters and lost too many neighbors. I will do what I can to keep you safe. Please keep me updated on your progress. Any questions?" She hopes she doesnt need to point out that as Deepfrost comes and the nights grow longer, she gets stronger. She cant feel the cold. Wessex and her siblings are uniquely prepared to protect them during LongNight of need be. And yeah, she's the only Natural there. She's seen more LongNights than all of them combined.
black as the pit from pole to pole
i thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
in a world where you can do anything: love
the honeysuckle princess
Oh, Phoebe stopped. But not out of reverence for the Queen. Her rage had simply found a new target.

The midwife turned slowly, brown eyes burning with untempered anger as she glared down the row towards the Queen. Her shoulders squared as she lifted her head hugh, as she might've once done in the courts of Northwind and Northaven, but there was no respect for this monarch in her gaze. Her lips pursed with disdain - this Ascended who dared act like she cared about the safety of the people.

"How convenient of you to suddenly care for the safety of the people, when it is you and your ilk that have spread the blight that is killing our people, the Fae, and the Greatwood." she said loudly, a challenge, tone so distorted by her wrath that any who knew her might struggle to recognize the usually calm and kind midwife. "My allegiance is to King Ronin, and King Ronin alone. Go bitch to your not-goddess about it Ascended wretch." she hissed, turning once more to leave.

This time Pim stood between Wessex and Phoebe, snarling a low warning and rainbow lightning crackled around his silvery fangs, ready to protect his companion as she made her retreat.
PHOEBE
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
out of the night that covers me
Her eyes narrow, flash, mouth curling into an equally disdainful look as the child goes off on her. But instead of rising to the bait, the Queen simply says to this little useless woman. "I'll do the medical supplies then." She can have her tantrum, she doesn't understand anything about Wessex or her life before the Outlanders dropped in.

Ignoring the rest of it outwardly, she wonders what they will do when Ronin is unable to rule, but refrains from mentioning the looming truth. "Any other questions?"
black as the pit from pole to pole
i thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
every now and then the things i lean on lose their meaning
"I have a spyglass Safrin helped me fashion as well. It was made to see through Ludo's illusions." Remi said with a nod towards Jigano and Loren. The alchemist knew he could produce illusion-glass, but whether or not it would be strong enough to battle the LongNight monsters was ever the question.

With a thoughtful nod for all the Launceleyn had to offer—it seemed quite the magical experimentation would soon be needed—Remi let his gaze settle onto Kiada. "Aren't we all." He chuckled in response, knowing that the offer of food and scratches could normally soothe even the most savage of beasts, himself included. The mention of Isla's death made Remi flinch. Shooting Kiada an apologetic smile—it wasn't her fault of course—Remi ran a hand up one unshaven cheek as he nodded. It was indeed something. "I think that will help. Thank you. And you—" He says with a wink towards the luxere.

Jigano 's elaborations helped. Sending a pulse of gratitude towards the bard for his thoughtful interjections, Remi quietly smiled to himself with relief as the conversation seemed to shift in the direction he wanted. (Spoiler alert, it wouldn't last). "Perhaps the three of us can test some of these theories then. Spy glasses, summoning, and magical attacks?" Jigano had no magic himself, but the bard's mind was as sharp as any when it came to picking apart experiments.

And then there was Phoebe. Looking properly wounded at his friend's outburst, Remi frowned and took a few steps forward toward the midwife. With a hand extended and a look of boyish confusion on his face, the alchemist shook his head against the barrage of accusations. "We have been here a year...how can you say there is no solution?" Her commentary on Remi's actions dragging the rest of them down was taken like a slap, and indeed the alchemist recoiled as his cheeks bloomed with guilt. Luckily or not, Wessex interjection halts anything further that the alchemist might have said, and he turns a submissive gaze toward the queen. Her easy slicing up of tasks feels like a weight removed from Remi's shoulders, and before things inevitably get worse, he offers the ascended a warm and appreciative smile.

And then they do get worse.

Stepping down hopefully between queen and bristling dragon, the alchemist shoots Pim a predatory stare. "Alright. We will put up notices if there is any more information. For now we have a season to prepare." He called out in a voice that suggested he was far from happy at having to pretend at leadership.

"Pheobe.." He said in a much softer tone, eyeing Pim before reaching out to the midwife. "Come on. Let's get some air."

Gods he wished Ronin were here.

Meeting ADJOURNED.

You have your tasks!

Remi/Wessex/Jigano chat time.
Remi/Loren/Jigano magical experiments
Melita - Luxere luring group
Phoebe - Medical supplies, maybe.
Loren - Manor prep
Deimos - stock piling weapons
& i find myself careening
into places that i should not let me go

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.