Mini Event Always another storm
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
every now and then the things i lean on lose their meaning
Yes his husband was dying. No the blight hadn't been cured. That didn't mean LongNight was approaching any slower though. Regardless of whether or not Ronin would be there to see the week-long darkness at his husband's side didn't change the deal the alchemist had made with Ludo. So hard as it was to put his mind to anything else, Remi had forced himself to at least consider the problem that was LongNight.

He couldn't even count the number of deaths there had been last year. Not because there were so many, but because of how silently the monsters could kill. How the bodies were removed once light returned. Not that public forums were Remi's forte by any means, but though it was his promise to Ludo, he'd never planned on doing this alone.

And so the alchemist waited for those who had seen his notice or had heard by word of mouth to shuffle in, before beginning. Running a hand through his curls with a deep sigh, looking entirely weary and young, Remi tried on a small smile that for once felt ill-fitting on his boyish features.

"I know there is much happening, much on all of our minds." He began, his accented voice sounding charmingly awkward as he tried to bring the meeting to a start. "But I know I am not the only one who vowed that LongNight would not find us so unprepared, or—" With a glance towards many of the Naturals who had told the Outlanders of the dangers, he added, "—or willfully ignorant." They had all been warned after all. They'd just not listened.

"Every idea I come up with, I find immediate fault in. Magical keys for all, so that no door will ever be locked and so no one remains in the cold? And what if one of the monsters finds one? A device that can detect based on voice who is human and who is not? But what if they are not alone, when they come knocking on the door?" Remi ran a hand up the side of his unshaven face. "I think it naive to simply say that we all stay in doors. Something will happen. It always does."

And so, now was time for his actual proposal.

"If we can replicate the lights from the luxere...or if we can coax even more of them into the town, perhaps we can simply keep the monsters out. Or if we assign groupings and each has their own magical light—" Lights that he'd happily use his magic to create, "—perhaps that way we could ensure the safety of all."

There was also the small matter of having told Ludo that he'd personally do a sweep once a day to find all those left outside, so that none would freeze to death or be taken by the creatures. But that bit of information could wait.

Mini Event to discuss LongNight plans! No posting order, shout out your suggestions <3
& i find myself careening
into places that i should not let me go

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN
i am the remedy to your heart,
Bastien had tried his best to forget the two weeks in the dead of Deepfrost after the last year, but they would come again no matter how much he hated them, so he attended the meeting. Not that he thought he had that much to contribute; last time he had twice told people not to open doors, and both times there had been genuinely lost and hurt people on the other side.

He did not often consider himself a cautious man, but with literal monsters lurking in the darkness, he found it much easier to potentially cut out a life. But he knew that could sound cold, so they had to find another way around it.

Remi made sense, though he thought if they were all strong willed enough they could actually stay indoors, but he knew that the Alchemist was incredibly impulsive, as well as plenty of other would-be heroes around them.

"Do we know, Remi, if the fall of the barrier will bring a change to the monsters? I am not naive enough to hope they might disappear, but will it be different? Has anyone heard from a God, or perhaps our winged friends?" Bastien, despite his once-fascination with them, did not now speak to Gods or learn about them except for visits with the Voice. "If so, then perhaps what we prepare based on last year will not be suitable. Though, I do believe your lights are likely a good idea. Do we have a designated building to group within?"

Questions were not solutions, but they led there. Hoping he was asking things on everyone's minds, Bastien sat back and waited for an answer.
I am the carbon collected.
I am the printed upon your stars.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
That Bastien was the first to speak up made Remi smile softly to himself. Nodding as the artist spoke, the alchemist was pleasantly surprised by the poignancy of his questions and thoughts.

"I certainly do not." The alchemist replied with a boyish shake of his head. "It is the first time the barrier has been down...whether that means the monsters will be worse, better... non-existant? But you are right that how things were might not be how they will be again." He conceeded easily. "I did speak to Ludo after the barrier, and nothing it said made me think there would not be a threat. I know I am not its most favourite human, so it is likely that this is all a fool's errand that it has me on." Remi added with a wry smile.

As for a designated building? "Last year we asked everyone to stay in the Rathskeller...but that did not happen. Some stayed at home, some moved about...then of course there are all the reasons why we felt we had to leave. The wounded luxere..the fallen perch, the cries of those outside.."

Coding base by Sky!
James Aiféala
Thief / Halenani Prostitute

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: N/A - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Change author:
doubt comes in on sticks
Curious by nature but far too lazy to have asked anyone what all this business was about, James rather awkwardly (but perhaps charmingly) raised his hand from somewhere near the back. Veiled by a cloud of smoke (was it in bad taste to smoke in a temple? He didn't know) and with his feet up on the chair before him, the snake cleared his throat to get the attention of the man at the front.

"Sorry, all this sounds very ominous and all, but what exactly are we talking about? Don't get me wrong, I am well aware of LongNight and the whole disappearance of the sun thing..but uh.." Glancing around, looking for support given just how ludicrous all of this sounded, James turned back to Remi. "..what are all these monsters you keep goin' on about?"
but then he kicks like a horse

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
in a world where you can do anything: love
the honeysuckle princess
Phoebe felt awful. Just awful. She was exhausted and freezing. She had showered with an aggressive amount of soap in hopes of ridding herself of the earthy smell that seemed to follower her, her skin pale and circles under her eyes pronounced. But Remi was hosting something, and so she pulled herself out of bed, bundling up in garb more fit for Deepfrost than Leafchange, and made her way to the meeting spot.

Of course, Bastien was there. She almost turned around and left then but made herself stay. In silence she listened, not sure she had much to add. But then someone asked what exactly the monsters were, and she looked his way. ”During LongNight, at least here, monsters roam the darkness. They can take the shape of things you recognize and trust, they can sound like people banging on doors and windows, begging to be let in. It’s all a guise though to lure you out or to let them in, and then they slaughter you.” she said calmly, then looked back at Remi.

”Creating a safe place filled with light would be ideal, and give people and option to stay there. But you can’t force people to stay either, nor should you burden yourself with their mortality. If someone wishes to risk it, that’s fine. Making a safe area to spend the week is more than enough.” Phoebe said, giving Remi a small, empathetic smile. ”It would be good for us to speak with the Fae though. It is possible that the monsters will try to get to the village, and I wouldn’t want them to be unprepared.”
PHOEBE
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
maybe we exist to bleed // maybe we exist to burn
oh but who can say which?
Perhaps Remi might be finding himself surrounded by those he knows infected by the blight, just as Kiada dips through the door with Auni in tow, right when Phoebe is explaining the monsters and what they do and can become, and she chews on the inside of her lip as Auni barrels his way through, making his way to stand before her with a tiny little stick he had found that was his current favorite this week. She doesn’t know where to stand, but she thinks it’s important she’s here — she has the only Luxere that isn’t timid and only around during Deepfrost, perhaps that might be important.

She stands beside Bastien, unaware of what the future holds between the two of them, and she lifts her scarred head toward Remi as she gestures with a trembling hand. “Auni protected me and Caiside when I was out. But he was sick before it and we had all gone. Whatever had infected him was… dark, a horrible invading creature that took control of him until we got it out.” She informs them, though her eyes never leave Remi.

I want to help. You can study Auni and his antlers if it helps figure out what the light from them does to deter, but I want to be a part of it.” She’s perhaps being a bit more straight forward than normal, but she shoves her trembling hands into her pockets and looks down to the Luxere who stands before Remi with wide blue eyes and a wiggling tail.
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Glancing into the hazy atmosphere of the temple and hardly being able to make out James behind his continual puff of smoke, the alchemist takes too long to answer before someone else does it for him. Glancing around the dimness to spy Phoebe (his eyes fail him in this setting, but his familiarity with the midwife makes her glow with subtle colours), Remi frowns slightly seeing her draped with what appear to be blankets. Though given that Ronin has been an inferno as of late, he doesn't put two and two together that she may indeed be suffering the same fate.

Nodding softly at her description of the monsters, Remi's smile fell away at the hardness of her words. Making a safe area is more than enough? The alchemist frowned. No...no it wasn't enough. Not by his standards, and not by Ludo's either. Weakly Remi ruffled a hand through his curls before wrapping his arms about his torso. "I vowed to Ludo to do more than just make a safe place for those who will stay indoors. But to protect those outside as well, however it is they find themselves there." Remi explained in a soft voice. Her point about the fae was a good one, and the alchemist made a mental note to tell Ronin. "I think Ronin is going to see Delah soon. I will mention it to him. You are right...we have made enough of our problems theirs as of late. I would hate to add this to that list."

Though he knows Kiada, whatever strange magic dictates what he sees makes it difficult to discern her trembling hands. "I would appreciate that, thank you Kiada. And you, Auni." He added with a wink towards the young deer. "I cannot tell if it is the light of the luxere, or something about them specifically. So it will be good to try and figure that out." How though, without any monsters present, Remi didn't know.

Coding base by Sky!
James Aiféala
Thief / Halenani Prostitute

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: N/A - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Change author:
doubt comes in on sticks
Wait, so they were serious about these monsters? James tipped his head back and laughed.

Standing rather noisily (and unsteadily, the alcohol from the night before not entirely out of his system), James gestured towards Phoebe with the cigarette held between his fingers. "You're lookin' a little green 'round the gills love, if you don't mind me saying." He observed, sniffing the air and recoiling dramatically.

As for the rest of it? Well if they weren't going to be serious what did it matter?

"Right well, enjoy your meeting of make-believe." The snake said with an airy smile before excusing himself un-subtly from the meeting.
but then he kicks like a horse

Coding base by Sky!
Messenger

Age: 28 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 7 (lvl 3 Attuned) - Strg: 10 - Dext: 27 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
PERCY - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed) SOOT - Regular - Wine Spider
Played by: Jaecarys Offline
Change author:
MP: 150
ASHE
we're living in the age of lies
   Ashe listened in silence from her perch. The rafters of the temple were an ideal vantage point, and.. well. Old habits and all that. She recognized most everyone down there but for a couple, and it was almost comforting. Familiar in a way, to be an observer of a meeting like this.

This one, however, was not full of political puff and pomp like the ones of another world. This was darkness, and how to survive it.

One of the ones she didn't know departed, and Ashe shifted smoothly into a sapphire little bird. She hovered for a moment, dark eyes picking out Kiada and Phoebe easily, but it was Remi she swooped down toward. Protecting those trapped outside... she ignored the twist of guilt in her chest. She had been safe last year with Kalt and Theea. Safe, when she should have protecting people.

The once-assassin shifted and landed upon two feet beside Remi in a single, fluid motion. She flashed a grin not quite appropriate to the conversation to both Kiada and Phoebe before looking up at Remi. "What about defenses?" she asked. "Ideally, everyone gets inside and stays inside, and maybe the luxere keep the beasts away, but shit never goes how we want, right? So we plan for the worst. Teams that are prepared fight these things and help the people stuck outside and get them to a safe place, and people in that safe place, ready to defend it."

Ashe shrugged then, her arms crossing. "The Long Night is terrifying and nothing to trifle with, but it's not so different from a town being sacked in war. Only instead of soldiers, its vicious and deceptive monsters we don't understand." Maybe not so different from invading soldiers. "The Hallowed Grounds are a battleground for the Long Night. If we treat it like the invasion it is, maybe we'll stand a chance."

the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415

Loren probably should have skipped this meeting, since every moment he was here was sheer agony.

While he’d been perusing the Notice Board, trying to catch himself up on recent events, the Launceleyn had seen the invitation from Remi. It had been close to the invite to Remi and Ronin’s wedding—something the former librarian still couldn’t quite accept, or wrap his mind around—and he’d instantly panicked at the thought of seeing the Attuned. Once upon a time, Loren had thought that he and Remi might find happiness together. But then the gods had intervened, and after that the summoner had gone and thrown it all away, along with the rest of his life.

But Loren had come back, eventually. And now he was forced to reckon with what little was left of his old life. Part of that reckoning would be reuniting with Remi. Again, eventually. Unfortunately, the Launceleyn didn’t know if he was stable to do that just yet. There was a way for him to maybe find out though: if Loren couldn’t handle seeing Remi in public, in a group full of people, then the former librarian certainly couldn’t handle seeing the man in private. So, if only to test his own raw nerves, Loren decided to go to the meeting.

Beyond that (and perhaps more importantly), it sounded as if Remi needed assistance with something. And while the summoner didn’t know how the other man felt about the Launceleyn, or how he felt about his former lover, Loren had never been able to stand idly by while his friends needed help. Even if they weren’t friends anymore, Loren owed Remi that much.

So the Launceleyn had shown up. Seeing Remi was like a punch to the gut, so Loren mostly looked away, keeping toward the back and the side. Thankfully, others were speaking, so he probably remained beneath notice; the hooded cloak he’d worn also helped to obscure his identity. Most of the people here were strangers, but there were some he knew from back in Northaven. Each and every one caused equal parts fear and panic to rise in him, but none were as bad as Remi.

As the meeting wore on, though, Loren was especially glad he’d shown up. Apparently, there were monsters that stalked the Hollowed Grounds during Deepfrost; Loren had been lucky to escape them last season, but he wasn’t going to take that chance again. Especially as more and more people spoke up and it sounded like a war zone. At least, according to Ashe, and knowing what little Loren did about her, he had no reason to disbelieve her claims.

Seeing her transform from a bird had certainly been shocking, to say the least (more so than her magic). Even in her regular form, he thought he could see strangely animalistic features, though it was hard with the distance and with the fact that he was trying to look at her without being seen. She definitely didn't look the same as his mental image of her. Although everyone looked at least a little different, though whether that was memory or actual changes he couldn’t say.. But he looked different too: thinner, paler, with lines on his face that hadn’t been there before. He looked older and tired, a ghost of his former self. Which wasn’t too far from the truth.

He’d been biting his lip, considering whether to speak up or not. He really, REALLY didn’t want to. Unfortunately, he had something to offer, something it sounded like they might sorely need.

So, though it almost physically pained him, he lowered his hood. “F-forgive me.” His voice came out barely above a whisper, so he cleared his throat and tried again, looking at the ground so he wouldn’t have to see their eyes on him. Loren couldn’t cope with that. “I also don’t know anything about these monsters, or the luxere, or these magical lights, though I know some magic and uh, might be able to help with that. But,” he bit his lip again, almost dreading what he was about to say next, “if you need a safe place place to bring people, or a place for people to stay, the Launceleyn Manor has...room to spare.” Because all the other Launceleyns had died or disappeared, leaving Loren and the children to fend for themselves. It was a fitting punishment for the former librarian’s own abandonment of his family, to be left behind in turn.

His voice, still weak, was at least clearer now. “It’s likely more comfortable than the Rathskeller, which might encourage people to stay.” A manor had to be better than a tavern in that regard; on top of that, there was one fact that might be more relevant to this group. “And, while I don’t know for sure, I’d ah be willing to bet the rest of my family left behind magical defenses of one sort or another.” It was exactly the sort of thing Zariah and Edy would’ve done.

What they definitely would not have done was open their home to strangers: family first and family only. However, Loren had many unpleasant memories of the locked doors of a Launceleyn compound. He had no intention of staying in a similar fortress. Besides, isolating themselves and setting themselves apart had obviously failed them. So it was time for a change.

Loren held his breath as he waited for answers. He was sure everyone was looking at him, wondering just who he was that he could offer to open the doors of the manor. Well, it would all become clear soon enough.

LOREN
Brought back by satisfaction more times than the cat
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
Long Night loomed: his last experience with the cluster of demonic traces and outlines had been enough for a lifetime; well-warranted nightmares that eventually passed, only to come back to fruition at the pending, foreboding squall. Death had been a rampant scourge, exactly as every Natural had noted of it, and he’d had to barricade himself amongst others, crowds stuffed in the Rathskeller, biding their time, waiting, waiting, waiting, for doors to knock, for eaves to crumble, for masks of the dead to parade, for friends, for enemies, to call through apertures and begged to be saved. Sometimes it was nearly like the acts and hands of gods; deciding who lived, who perished, when to open and unlock; he’d moved for Edrei’s announcement and clamor, for the still form of Amalia.

And he didn’t want any other patterns of it repeating.

He slid in amongst the crowd, customary to slink along shadows, to listen, to witness, to calculate before granting any answers, any machinations. Some rankled in disbelief about the whole thing (and it could be their funeral – an indifferent notion spiraling through him), Remi responding in kind, trying to stay ahead of the nature of the beast. If it wasn’t the blight, it was Long Night, and if it wasn’t Long Night…

They were all unaware of the next journey ahead.

Ashe’s intonations spoke of experiences with wars and invasions; but better-suited for knowing their enemies. How powerful were these demons? How potent were these monsters? Did they have anything suitable to combat them (fire?)? But it was Kiada’s notions he played off of, stepping away from the darker corners to kindle some sort of calculation along the fold. “Perhaps we could find a way to harness a Luxere’s light, or some sort of fire, and put it into lanterns around the town, like the Spark Bird.” Which would need to be summoned again – maybe, the rebuilding and repairing of the perch seeming to be a vital thing.
He was something solid
to lean against
violent and fierce and unmoving
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX
out of the night that covers me
She’s been quietly listening, refraining from speaking for once. It doesn’t escape her that the majority of those present are Outlanders, that perhaps they may not be so learned about these things as she is now. One man mocks, another offers the Launceleyn Manor (another fucking Launceleyn, jesus, did they breed like rabbits? And where did he come from?) which is probably the best idea thus far. Clearing her throat, Wessex pipes up from her seat, “The Manor is probably the best idea, if people can get their head around being magically shut in for a week. Last year some extraordinary exceptions brought the Sparkbird in for the first time in decades, but I don’t think we should rely on the same kind of luck. If we make it abundantly clear that going to the Manor means there will be no going out, and if you’re not there in time, you’re out of luck - no exceptions whatsoever - it might work for say, the sick, old, young... whomever.” It’s probably a little harsh, but those were the same rules the Naturals grew up with. And even those rules didn't help Emmett's family.

She looks to Kiada and considers her companion. “We can do better on trying to keep the Luxere around. If you have any kind of dark magic, stay away from the herds. If you have light magic, go out daily and feed them. We can all help support those people. Kids are great persuaders, too. Anyone who doesn’t have blood on their hands.” So, not Wessex. Not half of those here, who are trying to solve the problem.

Wessex spreads her hands in a shrug, addressing Ashetta and Deimos’s suggestions. “The real problem is that you can’t physically fight them. The monsters are senseless and shapeless. Magical light is the only thing that works - fire won’t, lightning won’t, lanterns won’t, regular swords and shields won’t. But she has a point. Teams of a sort might work.” The Queen pauses and considers the group, the magical possibilities and acquisitions they’ve racked up since last LongNight. “Let’s take inventory of our tools. Maybe try to amplify the light, instead of replicate?”
black as the pit from pole to pole
i thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Drawn to the sapphire shape fluttering before him, the alchemist gave his friend a small smile, unsure if he was meant to draw attention to her presence or not. The hummingbird was one of Ashetta 's newer and more delicate shapes after all, and whether or not the crowd needed to know that the creature was the assassin was unclear. Quickly though as Ashe shifted, the worry over the situation fell away and Remi's smile turned crooked as he returned her grin.

"Teams sound like a wonderful idea. We were stretched...thin last time." He agreed with a nod. Having an idea of who could be counted on and what their defenses actually were, would go along way as well, rather than merely standing around debating whether or not to open a door. "An invasion." Remi repeated with a low chuckle. Ashe wasn't wrong; this was an invasion of a certain kind. All the more reason it was absurd that Remi was the one trying to pull everything together. Though the growing crowd did soothe his fraying nerves.

For as bright-blue as Remi's magical vision made Ashe, when Loren spoke from the back there was no burst of colour to accompany it. Just a dull gray form that seemed to lower a hood to reveal a pale complexion. What the man had to say, of not knowing about the monsters but offering the mansion, made him sound like an outlander that the Launceleyn's had adopted. No different from Peter. The mention of magical defenses however had Remi swallowing guiltily, his shattered gaze dropping as one of his hands rose up to rub self consciously against the back of his neck. "There are...many rooms with special locks in the manor." He said in a low voice. "Ones that will only open for an abandoned with one of the keys." Remi added after a moment. He should know. He installed them on threat of death, after all.

He was glad that Wessex was the one to mention the fact that it would be hard to convince anyone to venture into the manor unless they had to, but the alchemist merely shrugged off the difficulties. It was an option and right now, that was all he was really looking for.

Remi didn't know that dark versus light magic affected the luxere, and he smiled brightly at Wessex as she informed him (and perhaps others, as well). Of having no blood on their hands though? With a swallow the alchemist tugged in a breath and tried not to grimace. Of that, his hands were certainly not clean. Not anymore.

"Or mirrors?" Remi added with a thoughtful glance to Deimos in response to Wessex ' point, his lips flickering into a smile. Unlikely friends though they might be, Deimos with a warrior's heart and Remi as boyish and gentle as ever, there was no one the alchemist would rather work with on such a project. "Perhaps we can run tests at the guild, see what works best?"

Biting the inside of his lip, ever worried about seeming pompous or drawing attention to the abilities he had somehow cultivated over the past year, Remi cleared his throat slightly. "Of regular weapons and tools...I suppose we have an unlimited supply." He said almost nervously, glancing up towards Deimos, before flickering his shattered gaze back toward Wessex. "As for magical..." Overcome by bashfulness, Remi ran a hand through his curls and shrugged. "I can...produce quite a few."

Quite a lot, actually.

Coding base by Sky!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
MELITA
Long Night had been another one of those crushing notions, like the Rift, capable of melding and molding nightmares into reality. She hadn’t forgotten the outcries and screams beyond doors, the levels and lacquer of should we open, should we leave it closed, or the wild, bursting fire of the Spark Bird set forth from its repaired perch.

She just didn’t know what to do for any of it – other than to stay inside, to linger back in their thresholds, in their safeguards, striving to survive the midst of all this agony and anarchy.

Her mind seethed but her body caved; stumbling her way to the Temple to support Remi, to listen to other ideas and suggestions, huddled in furs draped over her shoulders. She lingered in the back, not even bothering to snarl at Kiada’s existence, too tired, too muddled, too forlorn. Her gaze did drift over to Wessex (the Queen, and she was so perplexed as to how they hadn’t discussed it since her new title), and then down to the floor. Listening, listening, listening, about Luxere, about light and dark magic and how she possessed none of them, how the enlightened deer had come to them on songs and laurels, on apples and amiability. “I can help try to lure more Luxere into town,” she offered, quiet, demure, struggling not to curl in on herself.
This is a gift, it comes with a price
Who is the lamb and who is the knife?
Midas is king and he holds me so tight
And turns me to gold in the sunlight