strayed a bit too far
for Amalia <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
maybe i'm a runaway train, maybe i'm a feather in a hurricane
but maybe that's a good thing
For a moment, the alchemist pauses. Jealousy has rarely been an emotion that he has experienced, and now, as he turns his face up towards the sky, he feels only love and relentless sadness. "There is one star that I can always see quite clearly." He said with a warm smile of the Vanya-star. "The rest do shine, albeit faintly." His lips pull in, deepening his dimples as a melancholy species of affection weighs heavily on his soul.

"But my stars are here, and there are none brighter than they." Remi adds, of Ronin and Aoife.
Remi

Table coding by Sky, inspiration from Jae!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
she had magic in her eyes even the stars envied
The baker is one to feel envy, and she cannot help but feel a pang as he speaks of his own stars, easy confidence and affection in the way he talks about his family, his world, his love. Seated on the roof Amalia shifts again, sighing as she becomes a girl and tucks her knees against her chest, turning her own wistful gaze to the sky.

"I wish I had that," she confesses softly, though she seems to catch the way it sounds quickly. "Not that- I have Deimos, and I love him-"

She stops again, turning crimson as realization dawns. She has never said it to anyone else, not out loud, not in so many words. I love him, and her whole heart fills with it, spilling it across the bond, ardent rapture and awed devotion and disbelief at her luck.

But beneath it all is another thread, dark and insecure. Because despite their promises she is afraid: afraid that he will change his mind, afraid that her happiness is doomed, afraid that he will realize she is not, cannot be, has never been enough.

Shrugging helplessly, Amalia sighs. "I'm glad you're happy, Remi," she says, quiet and sincere.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
With a soft smile—happily putting the renovations to the wayside for the time being—Remi lets his head loll slightly to the side as he regarded his friend, now in a much more familiar form. Smiling fondly at the onyx eyed baker, his lips quirked instantly at the way her admission slipped in as a means of qualifying her statement. With eyes that glittered mischievously and brows raised with cherub-like innocence, Remi merely nodded silently, his expression one of: uh huh. Gotcha.

Her adoration sweeps across to him like a summer storm, fragrant in its totality and rife with vivacity and truth.

"I feel that too." The alchemist whispers softly, turning his gaze out towards the field as if looking away from her will somehow lessen the fact that her openness has revealed something so intimate and dark. He understands perhaps better than most, having been abandoned so many times, but also living day to day with a man whose remaining sunrises had been numbered. "It makes the now so much sweeter." He added with a simple and boyish shrug. Remi had never rallied against his fate, had accepted the hand dealt to him, even when it had taken away everything.
Remi

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Again Remi proves that he is too sweet, too giving, for this world. With endless optimism he thwarts her fears, seeing goodness on every horizon with a patience and hope that Amalia envies. She worries for him, a little bit, that the traumas he's suffered have never been faced, that he like her carries so much of the world that one day he might snap.

She worries that he is so busy being sunlight for the world, he might forget to warm himself.

Amalia smiles up at Remi from her place upon the roof, her chin resting thoughtfully on her knees, long hair a messy halo behind her. "I suppose that's true," the baker muses, pulling at a string on her pants. "I find it hard to live in the present, sometimes." The past is too heavy, the future too vast.

But she will try.

"You know... we've never been flying together," she remarks, dark eyes lighting as she smiles up at him. "Maybe we can fix that sometime"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"It is not always the nicest place to be. But it is what we have. And memories.." With boyish good humour, the alchemist can only shrug. His memories are in tatters, letting ghosts of worlds and men he'll never come to know quite the same, roam through. A patchwork mind, for a patchwork heart.

"Oh!." Remi brightens immediately. "No we have not. I.." Puffing out an exasperated cloud of air, the alchemist shakes his head with a low laugh. "You know, I did not even think of it. We definitely need to change that." Hawks and owls were unlikely companions, but stranger things had happened in this world as in others. Besides, the souls of the birds were more than strong enough to overcome their avian instincts. "There were shockingly few bird-shifters where I came from. I think..I have just forgotten to even imagine it could be different." The first bird he'd met here was Jigano after all, and that hardly did much for changing the alchemist's ways of thinking.
Remi

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
"Have you thought about asking for them back?" Amalia's question is gentle, soft, trying not to pry or hurt but wondering if it is something he would like. Some of the memories might be bittersweet, some might be sharp as broken glass, but they are the things that make them what they are, the compositions of the books of their lives.

Remi brightens, and Amalia does as well, smiling shyly at her friend he realizes the same thing she has. "I've gone flying with Jigano a few times, and Kiada. And I've known a few others who were birds, ah, before." That there are few bird shifters surprises the girl: here they are plentiful, one of the most common forms to take. "What did people usually chose, in your world?" she wonders, brows pulled tight in curiosity. "Did they have only one form?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Her question catches him off-guard, and for a moment the alchemist can only look at her thoughtfully with a quizzical sort of smile. "No..I suppose I never thought I deserved them back." He said after a moment, shoulders rising and falling sadly. "It was my punishment for losing Ludo's mask. I think once I hoped it would give them back perhaps after LongNight, if I could help at all. But now?" Softly Remi's stare found Amalia's, heartache and woe causing a sheen to form over his too-pale eyes. Biting the inside of his lip he tried to smile through the shadow of pain darkening his heart. His memories were of Loren, Ianto, and Sam. What would it be like now, to have those back?

"Oh, we did not choose." Remi replies with a wry grin and shake of his curls. "We were always told the shift chose us. Most often what we came seemed fitting. Both of my parents were birds, and so I was too." With a crooked grin, the alchemist continued to nod. "Mmm yes, just the one. I have never heard of anyone having more than that. Until I came here, of course."
Remi

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
She traces the sadness in his face with attentive almond eyes, her chin still on her knees. It hurts to see it, and she wishes there was an easy answer, anything she could do. Perhaps that thing would be to stop- but she has never known where those lines are drawn, always taken it a step too far. "Do you want them back?" the girl asks softly, her brows pulled in a frown. "I... I could go with you to ask. If you want."

That the shape-changers do not choose is not so strange to her; it is not so different here, she supposes, remembering how the leopardess skin seemed to rise into her soul. But the lack of expansion is surprising, and the girl tilts her head. "Huh," she murmurs, curiosity blooming on her expressive face. "Was there anything else you could do there, that can't be done here? It's strange, how similar it is, but different too."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Honestly...I..." Tugging on his lower lip, the alchemist fixes the baker with a thoughtful stare. His pause isn't evidence of his lack of trust, merely his addled mind on this particular subject. "I have not thought about it much, only because were I to decide that I did...I am not sure it is even possible. Ludo is..perhaps much of a friend of mine these days. I did say I would help with LongNight though, as an apology and to make amends." But of course, that isn't answering her question.

"Memories of my mother? Certainly. Of Ianto? Sam? Loren?" His smile wavers, as does his heart. "On the one hand I wonder what it could bring, other than pain. To remember how much I loved them and the time we had together, knowing that it is just...gone. And not only gone but..My lack of memories contributed a good deal to Ianto and I not being together. Sam...that was part of it, but not a small part." And because the writer of this post has no idea about any timelines, Remi says nothing about Loren. Ruffling a hand through his curls, the alchemist sighs. "But then..it is like a part of me is gone. A part that others have in bits and pieces and reflections. But it was mine. It was me and I feel...empty somehow, without them."

With a much easier shrug, the alchemist hums a note of consideration. "Honestly, I am not sure. I knew nothing of magic before. For us though, the shapechangers, we were given cuffs to wear. It was as much to identify us as the lowly commoners we were, but anything you had with you when you shifted would be magically transported. I suppose that was rather handy."
Remi

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
He doesn't really answer, does not acknowledge her offer, and Amalia forces herself to stop prying, stop pushing into places she does not belong. Perhaps when Long Night passes she will bring it up again- when the blight is healed, Ronin is well, when the world once again makes sense (however briefly that might last). She cannot imagine what it is, to lose pieces of herself so thoroughly and know that they are gone, a new person built up in their place.

She remembers Remi telling her about the cuffs before, and it was as strange then as it is now. Lowly commoners, as though being Attuned was something to feel shame over, as if there was a way to prove that any one person was less than another. It scares her, sometimes, to think how close they came to seeing that happen here; she shivers as she recalls Zariah's threat to cast the god-touched out, grateful for the swift resolution to that turmoil, terrified that something similar will once more come to pass.

But there are priorities now, dreams and plans, the ill to heal and observatories to build. Extending her legs out before her, Amalia leans back on her palms, looking up at Remi expectantly. "So shall we build this thing?" she asks, smiling, at her friend. "And maybe after we can go flying, and you can teach me all your tricks."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Oh I suppose. Here I thought I might avoid doing actual work this afternoon but..." With a grin, the alchemist glances towards the hole he's placed in the side of the roof and shrugs. "I suppose we should. Gods only know what Ronin will say if he sees it like this." Honestly, that was true. Blighted Ronin might rage, King-Ronin might be frustrated, and husband-Ronin might cackle.

"Teach you my tricks, mm?" He chuckled, before standing. Reaching his arms overhead and stretching, he sighed loudly as his back crackled. "Alright..back to that glass of water and making sure the boards are even. And no more distracting me with stories. I simply will not have it." He scolded playfully, with a wink.
Remi