strayed a bit too far
for Amalia <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
maybe i'm a runaway train, maybe i'm a feather in a hurricane
but maybe that's a good thing
Did Remi need Amalia's help for his project? Yes and no. Did he want it? Absolutely. Not only would her presence probably keep Ronin away (the hunter seemed more at ease being a grumpy blight-beast when only Remi was present) and thus make it easier to keep this project a surprise, but for as kind and warm as Amalia was, she wasn't full of false hope. Remi didn't need to hear that it would all be alright, because it very likely wouldn't. He just needed someone to just let him be, and to provide the eyesight that he no longer had, of course.

And so he'd sent a note to the bakery asking for bread and some of the baker's time and then waited on the roof of the guildhall for her to arrive. The Leafchange afternoon held a particular chill, but it wasn't one that Remi really noticed. His soul felt permanently on ice, growing colder for every day that Ronin's count-down clock ticked towards his death.
Remi

Table coding by Sky, inspiration from Jae!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
she had magic in her eyes even the stars envied
There isn't a thought of whether or not Amalia would respond to the letter, and so as soon as the day is done she makes her way to the hunter's guild. A bag is slung across her back, stocked and loaded with bread and treats as well as a collection of jellies and jams to stash away for Long Night. With Ashetta's return and Aoife growing, the baker is more than happy to provide her friends with whatever comforts she can, to ease the burden on the men who already carry the world.

She does not notice Remi at first, and when she does it is with a laugh, her neck craning back as she stares up at the roof. "What're you doing up there?" Amalia calls, setting her burden down on the porch before stepping back to get a clearer view, her arms folded across her chest to keep the cold at bay. "If you fall and break your neck Ronin will kill us both."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Remi of course notices Amalia immediately. It's easy from his vantage point of course, but he remains silent until she finally finds his resting place, flashing her a cheeky grin once she does. "Fall? Me?" He asks innocently, narrowing his eyes with a casual shrug. Swallowing down a retort that borders dangerously on the macabre, Remi instead stands and spreads his arms with a flourish.

As he did so, a giant rock appeared next to him, weighing easily two or three hundred pounds. With a boyish grin, Remi began to shake as if physically holding the weight of the rock. Then, pantomiming losing his balance and subsequent control of the rock, it crashed noisily through the roof and into the men's bedroom below.

"Oops." Remi chimed brightly, before waving a hand for Amalia to come up.
Remi

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
She does not know what exactly she expects, except that it is not for Remi to send a huge boulder smashing through the ceiling and into the guildhall. The girl's eyes widen in alarm as it materializes, and a panicked squeak escapes her lips when he seems to stumble and lose his grip, dropping it down through the roof with a thunderous, shocking crash.

"Remi!" Amalia exclaims, utterly bewildered and suddenly afraid. Why...? Is he sick? It seems to cause irrationality, a lack of control. Swiftly she leaps into the air, shifting into owl form and easily rising up to stare down into the gaping hole. What was that about?! she demands, hooting frantically at the man and landing on his shoulder.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi, unphased and boyishly pleased with himself, waits for Amalia to flutter up. As she does so, he merely beams at her, crinkling his nose as she lands upon his shoulder. Turning so that she can look down and into his and Ronin's bedroom, Remi shrugs softly (so as not to unsettle her). "There is no where to see the stars from inside. I thought a skylight but...well. A symptom of the blight is a fever, so Ronin has been taking walks to cool down." Both physically and emotionally. Moreso the latter, as of late. "I thought perhaps a small platform here that he could sit on and watch the stars at night..." Pausing, Remi tugged in a breath, one of his hands rubbing almost anxiously up his other arm. "...so that he does not have to go so far away." He added in a low and sad voice.
Remi

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia stares down into the hole and listens to Remi, shaking her head in amused disbelief at the logic of the man. It seems to her that there are other ways to build a skylight in their home, but the girl is a baker, not an architect, and so she does not comment.

She tries to keep the pain and guilt from her mind as he explains, nodding slowly in silent agreement, understanding the idea. A place for Ronin to pace and see the stars... she remembers their night on the bone bride, the darkness and weariness in the demigod King. Affectionately Amalia presses her beak into Remi's hair, grooming him gently as though to soothe his troubled mind. Okay, she answers simply, What can I do to help?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The affection is understood as such given Remi's own avian-tendencies, rather than interpreted as the terrifying act it might otherwise come across as. "I know what you are thinking, even without the bond." He chuckles softly. "And while I am not normally destructive...and I know there will be more cleanup having done it that way...sometimes it does feel good to break things." Remi added with a wry and unapologetic smile. His husband was dying. So what if he made a hole in their roof.

"I can create the materials, but from here I will not be able to tell if the floor is straight or not. If I get a cup of water and place it down, can you tell me once it is level?"
Remi

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
The desire to destroy things is something to which Amalia can relate, a familiar way to translate fury, to turn frustration and fear into action. Maybe we should go push the Spire over, she suggests wryly in response. It will need to come down at some point, before it collapses on its own and kills someone. Another problem for another day, and oh, how many they have to face.

The idea of a cup of water is not one she would have come up with- but then, that's why he's the architect and not she. It is an easy task, and Amalia nods, shifting on his shoulder and she waits for him to procure the glass. How do you want it to look? Will there be glass, for wet or snowy days?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The alchemist snorts agreeably, letting himself imagine what that might be like. "A few stones pulled at the right spots and I bet we could have the entire thing down without breaking a sweat." He mused almost dreamily. Even though the answers to Ronin's problem hadn't been found with the death of the plants, there seemed to something implicitly cathartic about toppling the spire anyhow.

Hopping down into the room below (presumably with Amalia still on his shoulder), Remi picks up a glass from his bed side table. The room is the level of messiness and clutter one might expect from two men, but there are still subtle displays of affection littered about too: stars on the ceiling, dried flowers, rudimentary carvings of stars and lions out of wood. There is also the distinctively earthen smell that accompanies Ronin everywhere, as well as unmistakable traces of black blood. None of this Remi tried to hide, but nor did he linger in the room. With strong arms, he pulled them back onto the roof through the hole and set the cup down.

For a moment Remi didn't quite understand Amalia's question, and it was only once he did, that cold terror flooded his heart. Why would we need that, he almost replied. He won't be alive to see the snow.

"Maybe...later." He coughed, throat suddenly thick. Remi hadn't realized that he'd subconsciously yielded to Ronin's fate until just that moment. "For now lets just get the base done and then we will see." The alchemist added awkwardly.

So saying, he began to pull several boards out of thin air, lining them up and waiting for Amalia to let him know when they were level, before fixing them into place.
Remi

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amlia shifts as Remi descends, taking on an otter form and draping herself across his shoulders. The little mammal is an easier one for managing not to fall, small claws grasping at his tunic as he drops lightly into the messy room. A room that smells like both of them, and Aoife as well, but which also smells earthy, like compost or decay. The smell of illness. The smell of the blight.

The smell of fast approaching doom.

She hears the bitten back remark, the thing he does not say, and it stirs something painful and shallow in her breast. Turning back into an owl Amalia eyes the glass of water, hooting softly when the line of it is level and in place. She wishes she could say something to comfort him, but any comfort would be a lie, hollow platitudes with nothing behind them except for good intent.

So instead she tries to distract him, asking a question long on her mind. What do I look like to you, Remi? Now that your vision has... Changed.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
For a moment the alchemist thinks the question is intended as a bard. What do I look like to you Remi, an idiot?. This is another indication of the darkened twists and turns his mind has made, that he'd first assume some slight on Amalia's part rather than simply a change of subject.

"Well.." He hums thoughtfully, placing down the board and looking at her. "As an owl, nothing too noticeable. You...shine, I suppose. If that makes sense. I could pick you out from a lineup of identical owls with just a glance." Remi tries to explain, his accent growing thick around the concept he finds harder and harder to describe despite how long he has had it for. "As a woman though.." His smile turns sweet as he gazes at the owl, seeing the girl that she is bleeding outwards from her feathers. "Your eyes are like black glass under bright lights. And your skin...it is like..sand on canvas. When you move it blurs a little." Ruffling a hand through his curls, Remi offered the owl a crooked smile as he shrugged. "I wish I could show you. I have never been good with words. You are like a painting come to life, only...you are not made of paint."
Remi

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
She has never heard herself described in such lofty prose, and if she were in her human skin her cheeks would color appropriately. As it is the owl shakes her head, feathers ruffling in mild embarrassment. I wish you could show me, too. Wistfully the owl croons, entranced by the description of his unusual power. To see people as paintings, colored in ink on a canvas of life..!

The girl coos again, hopping down from Remi's shoulder to land beside the water glass. Is it the same when you're shifted? she questions, curious, slipping back to otter form and sitting on the ground. And with everyone?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Mmmhm." The alchemist agrees. 'Perhaps a bit sharper as a hawk, but for the most part, everything is hazy. New places and people I can hardly discern at all. Once I am familiar though, the details start to remain." The guildhall for example, while painted in muted colours, looked more or less as it always had done.

"People are the same. Those I ... well." For a moment he frowns, puzzled as always when he tries to describe this particular aspect of his magic. "The more I know them, I think, the clearer they are." A smile pulls at his lips as colour flushes across his cheeks. "Ronin, for instance...I know he has his own light now, but to me, he always glows with colour. His eyes are almost too blue to be real." Indeed, it is like being able to feel the way his husband looks, but with only his eyes.
Remi

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
She continues to listen, nodding in rapt fascination, her scholar's mind puzzling through the many riddles that compose her friend. It seems to her sometimes that everything which Remi does is new and keen and different, a change upon an unchanging world written and regaled with boyish ease.

Blind and seeing, cursed and magic; does he know how wonderful he is? For it is truly wonder the man inspires, his kind heart catching Amalia off guard every time meets it, bathing her in a light so blinding she fears she will burn if she steps too close.

And the stars? Will you be able to see them, when we're done?