I've been working on a cocktail called grounds for divorce
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Edy
#nofilter

Like a child caught with her hand in the cookie jar, Edy couldn’t just stop. She just needed a few more crumbs, and it felt so good to be using her magic again in a way that she actually understood.

Well.

Sort of.

Miming shock and surprise, Edy raised her hands in that tell-tale oh boy you caught me and I surrendergesture and scooted herself backwards. “You could feel that?” The teenager asked, assuming that of course Vai did, but you know, new world, new magic, it was possible that this was just some weird coincidence.

Rubbing her elbow and coming away with blood on her hand, Edy groaned. Glaring at Chunk, she whined: “I don’t suppose grabbing bandages is part of your job either, huh?”

Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:

vervain

"Uh. Yes?" If it hadn't been obvious by the way Vai had all but wilted as Edrei started siphoning her energy away. She let out a low whistle and rubbed at her forehead, giving herself a second or so before rising to her feet from the stool again. "Maybe you ought to ask before doing that next time?" she said, picking her way over to Edy and being careful not to trip herself as she leant down to see what had happened.

Chunk regarded her with unimpressed eyes, mrowing pointlessly and flopping onto his back on the counter - something that Vai couldn't help but find funny.

"Here, I got it," she murmured to the other woman. If Edrei would allow, Vai would carefully take hold of her elbow to examine the injury. Tapping into that vein of magic that was slowly becoming more familiar than her element, a warmth suffused her hands and the wound, which would slowly begin to close itself up.

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Edy
#nofilter

Holding up her hands in mock surrender, the teenager nodded and blinked apologetically. "Well, it wasn't intentional." Edy said defensively. "Well...not totally anyways. I've never done that before...not in Northaven anyways..?"

As Vai knelt down, Edy gave her a slightly skeptical look. If the teenager had ever pulled a stunt like that with the Launceleyn's she'd probably be half-way on her way to unconscious by now. And so as Vai reached out to touch her, though Edy didn't flinch, the wariness in her eyes was obvious. Still she stayed still as her new boss grabbed for her elbow and, miraculously, Edy felt healing energy seeping into her wounded limb. Honestly, Edy was expecting Vai to simply snap the joint, not heal it.

With a slight gasp, Edy pulled her arm away and moved it about, straightening and lengthening it to get a measure for whether or not it hurt anymore. With a grin, she found it didn't at all. "Uhhh. Thanks." The teenager said looking at Vai with a sheepish grin. "And I really didn't mean to..uh...well, whatever I did."

Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:

vervain

"Looks like whatever happened to us in coming here, it changed your magic too. I couldn't heal back in Northaven, but... well, here we are." Vai grinned to Edrei. She noted the wariness in the younger woman's posture - Edrei was very much like a wild animal especially in her movements, and Vai was reminded of a creature that had been caught in a trap that wasn't sure if she was going to be helped or harmed.

Luckily it seemed her new found powers did their job, and she smiled as she watched Edy wiggle her arm about. "Good as new," she said, straightening up off the ground and offering a hand to her. "It's alright, I just wasn't expecting it. You can repay me - and start on your first task working here - by mopping up whatever spilled, yeah?" She grinned.

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
#nofilter

Rather than being snippy or pouty as one might expect of a teenager as explosively irresponsible as Edy, she merely nodded. "You got it boss." She said with a surprisingly eager grin.

Shuffling around the puddle, Edy moved to where the mop was unceremoniously placed in the corner. With a flourish and a spin as if it was her new dancing partner, Edy flitted back behind the bar and began to clean up the mess. Sort of.

Edy was a Launceleyn. She hadn't ever really mopped anything before, but it didn't seem too terribly hard. Edy could be a real jackass sometimes, but she wasn't an idiot. Even so, it took her a bit longer than was strictly necessary, but that owed to all of her childish antics. When she was done, she bounced her eyebrows at Vai and bowed. Leaning against the bar she pointed a finger at Chunk and then waggled it. "Don't think I didn't hear your criticizing me, mister. If you think you can do a better job, by all means, next one is all yours."

Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

vervain

You got it boss.

Vai found herself smiling at that, folding her arms and stepping back to watch Edy go and dance with the mop. She rolled her eyes and slouched down to take a seat at one of the tables to watch her newest bartender set to work. And while she did take longer than strictly necessary, she had no small amount of enthusiasm and went about the job with a smile on her face (and a good deal of playfulness, which the customers would probably love). It seemed like the start of something good here, so long as she didn't slip over again and start leeching life out of people.

Laughing as she waggled a finger at Chunk, Vai shrugged her shoulders and got up so she could start organising things as she had been before Edy arrived. "If he gives you any more cheek you could make him into the mop," she suggested helpfully, scritching the feline behind one ragged ear. "Come on, then. Let's get to work."

{END THREAD}