A Homecoming of Sorts (Open)
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren recognized the expression on Beatrix’s face, and it just about broke his heart. How could he not, when he’d worn it more times than he could count. Still, he remained firm in the face of her adamant stance that the way it had always been done was the one, true way. Unfortunately, if Beatrix wanted to act like an adult, then Loren would treat her like an adult. He gazed at her with sorrowful eyes, deeply saddened that this is what his family had wrought: a child who didn’t even know that she was enthralled by her abusers. There was still a chance, however small, that she could escape. All it would take was patience and understanding he didn’t know if he had it in him.

But he’d escaped, though it had cost him. If he could pay it forward, maybe the next generation would do better than his. He owed it to everyone who he’d let down for this opportunity to at least try.

The summoner took a deep, steadying breath. Letting his anger out had helped, but now he needed to be as calm and gentle as he could manage. “Do you think that just because everyone is doing something that means it’s the right thing to do? If so, why?” Loren knew it wasn’t right, but he needed to see how deep the rot went. “Why do we need to be strong all the time? What about the people who can’t get stronger, no matter how hard they try? Does it seem fair to you that they get punished when they’re trying their best? And do you think pain is the only way to build that bond you talk about?” There were so many more questions he wanted to ask her, but he limited it to those. It was all so easy to see from the outside. But Loren remembered what it was like to be trapped in an endless cycle of violence.

He held out his pinky for her to take with her own. “I pinky swear. I won’t talk about it unless you do.” Jace, at least, seemed to accept Loren’s words at face value. Or at least the boy nodded. “Thank you Jace.” Briefly, the summoner debated whether he should promise not to yell, but it seemed like he might have to if Beatrix didn’t learn to listen to him. “Bea, I know Edy loved her stick, and I know you will too, but other people are going to get upset if they see you with it, and they’ll take it away from you and then you’ll never get it back. So can we make a deal? You can have the stick at home, when there aren’t guests over, but when we go outside or there are other people here, you give it to me. I will keep it safe.” This was going to be the last time he asked nicely; Beatrix was absolutely not going to leave this building with a dildo strapped to her hip.
LOREN
Not quite an open book