Personal Quest come one, come all!

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin

"I don't snore." A voice would say, the dulcet tones meant mostly for Ludo.

Far back in the crowd, a shimmering and nothing more would indicate Safrin's presence. For Ludo, who could see through nearly everything—except Safrin's tightly-held feelings about her godly kin and Vi's disappointment in her—would find the goddess pale, gaunt, and haughtily un-amused by its portrayal of her.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
i wanted to be ruined —
a little more than i wanted
— to be loved
It surprises her the way they work together so well, after insult upon venom flung in the past. But she doesn’t mind, she doesn’t have the energy to fight. And besides, for a god she’s never met, she wants to make the best impression. The lanterns move with her puppet as she orchestrates, an enthusiastic Ludo mischievous and playful, ready for the ultimate idea. And Melita, with her lanterns, dance her Luxere in part as Ludo encourages them forth.

They follow, and move until the stage shifts and glitter appears with the real Ludo alongside, and Kiada’s icy gaze slips toward the god with a bright smile. Glancing out past the hidden folds of the stage she can spot Safrin too, gaunt and hidden in the back. It helps to give her more energy, to put forth as her Ludo puppet makes the Luxere stand beside Safrin’s bed, telling them to stay in a brilliant flare of fabrics and drapes.

And Ludo returns to the lanterns, a surprising amount of joy and excitement building into the show, as her puppet urges the lanterns from their hidden corner, their alcove, to bound around the Harpy’s puppet, making Ludo’s arms spread to send them out and away, to become the stars in the night, with a surprising amount of joy within her faceless puppet.
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Amalia wove a tale of trickery and mischief to delight them all, and Kiada brought the masked god to playful life upon the stage while Melita and Jigano danced their puppets around the background. First the lanterns and then the luxere were given their chance to shine, however, and Melita skillfully galloped her little herd to surround the starry goddess, innocently helpful and full of joy to see Safrin peacefully sleeping there.

Well. Somewhat peacefully. Snore, indeed! The bard had to muffle a laugh at Ludo's performance and artful use of makeup on their mask. The hidden laugh sent the lanterns to shivering, but an otherworldly breeze teased past his ears and he sobered, looking out among the audience. The attentive faces of friends and acquaintances looked back, and a shimmer of late-Leafchange heat in the back, but nothing stuck out as the source of that almost-voice he'd thought he heard.

Then there was no further time for distraction as Kiada shifted close to him again, bringing 'Ludo' back to his side of the stage. Again the lanterns swirled around the puppet-god, obedient to its whims. They bobbed a joyful greeting and then, at Ludo's urging, Jigano stepped behind Kiada and spread his long-fingered hands wide with a shaky twist that split the control rods apart and left the lanterns hanging from his fingertips in a cat''s cradle web as they swept all across the sky of the backdrop, beautiful and bright from the paint and paper that had been applied to make them seem to shine.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
you drew memories in my mind I could never erase
painted colors in my heart I could never replace
They all continue to play their parts, her merry band of miscreants, with the star of the show appearing on cue with a spread of glitter and much aplomb. The baker does not hold in her giggle as she looks upon the costumed god, its mask painted pettily with lips and lashes, a strangely sweet caricature of the starlit goddess.

The goal of this play had been to cheer up Safrin, and so when the goddess appears Amalia catches her breath, a delighted smile lighting up her face, hopeful and inspired. But the disdainful comment makes her falter, suddenly a little insecure. She rallies, inhaling deeply and clearing her throat to continue the tale, painfully aware of her audience and the weight of witness, the fact that not one but two of the deities she adores have come to see.

"The lanterns lit the night up, and they were beautiful to behold. Ludo watched as the souls of the mourned and beloved dead gathered around the lanterns, and the even the luxere cheered and danced.

"But Safrin could not be fooled for long. The celebrations woke her from her sleep, and she came upon Ludo in all of her beautiful grace, with starlight flowing behind her. Ludo, she said, What trickery is this? You think you can take the night sky from me?

"But when she saw the lanterns in the field and the happiness they brought, Safrin softened. From then on Ludo was allowed one night a year to outshine the stars. And from then on the luxere were not allowed to light up the nights until Deepfrost came, to keep them from pulling any more tricks!"

She finishes with a laugh, turning back to see how the players have done with portraying the story she knows so well. Amalia grew up with these myths; she never expected to tell them to the original actors of them, though.

No posting order! Act out your part!
Jigano Ludo Melita Kiada
meet me where the falling stars live
Amalia
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
MELITA
Perhaps Melita’s favorite part was Ludo’s appearance; enough to put a halcyon smile back on her face as glitter was thrown upon the audience and stage, showering them in sparkles and delight, obvious pantomiming mask draped and adorned in lashes and lips, as if that was how Safrin had been seen all along. She had no ability to stop her roar of laughter, and strived to pretend it was from the luxere she still dangled along their strings – only distantly stifled when Safrin’s voice popped up from the realm, unimpressed with her current portrayal. The youth made herself listen to the story instead of dreaming up more misdeeds and giggling machinations, the mischief alive and well in her blood, in the quivering of her hands, in the shifting of luxere strides.

She made them cheer and dance again, rounds of beatific, gilded, enlightened movements, like the glow of a wintry moon, like the span of a hallowed sunrise. They were Deepfrost’s newfounded grace, incapable of granting the ethereal beams and luminescent chords until the right season, until they could assemble beneath snow and ice. The youth acted as if they’d been banished, lines and strings pulled along voids and shrouds, until the time was right, until the moments were clear.
She's so hard to please
But she's a forest fire
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
maybe i'm a runaway train, maybe i'm a feather in a hurricane
but maybe that's a good thing
As Ludo appeared in the flesh, that is, in the rags, the alchemist tensed. Rarely were his interactions with the god favourable, and with Aoife in his arms he was perhaps all the more aware of the danger his relationship with the deity might pose to those he loved. But the raggedy-creature seemed much more invested in the plot of the play, and so the alchemist did his best to relax. Even so, feathers sprung in amidst his curls.

"Ah! You see my bright star? They could not fool her!" Remi whispered in Aoife's ear, who cackled in response and tried valiantly to reach out towards the stage. "-affy!" She cooed proudly, making Remi beam. Glancing over his shoulder, the alchemist looked briefly for Ronin, his smile fading only slightly. It was a hard time of year for Ronin to be sure, a hard time of everything really. But still, Remi's all-too romantic heart yearned to have his husband at his side, watching the play with their daughter.
Remi

Table coding by Sky, inspiration from Jae!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
The lanterns shook and danced, Jigano letting his blight-caused trembling bring the little lights to a life he would have been hard-pressed to match if he were well. He smiled reassuringly at Amalia, sending a pulse of comfort and support through the Attuned bond when he saw he momentarily falter, but she picked up the thread again with a poise he wanted to applaud, continuing on to bring the tale to its triumphant conclusion.

Of course he kept stealing glances at Ludo, the mischievous god relishing its role and bringing a smile to the bard's lips in spite of his attempts to remain a serious stagehand in the performance. Glitter? The audience had become covered in tiny stars thanks to the masked god! It was a clever trick, indeed, and Jigano was just glad that he was behind the stage instead of in front of it!

When 'Safrin' awoke and rose to chastise 'Ludo' Jigano did his best to still the lanterns in his grasp, the bright little boxes of slim wood and paper pulling back a little from the goddess's ire. The story had a happy ending though, and moments later the lanterns danced again with Melita's luxere and the pair of gods, the merry chaos risking a tangling of strings and only luck and quick thinking kept them all safely separated so the party could continue without mishap. The triumphant conclusion brought a true smile to the lorekeeper's face as he grinned at his friends, proud of them all and the work they had done together to entertain the people of Caido.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
i wanted to be ruined —
a little more than i wanted
— to be loved
Surprisingly, Kiada doesn’t even mind when Jigano steps behind her to make his lanterns dance around her puppet. Instead, she’s invested in the story, of creating rather than destroying, and she lets her Ludo puppet spin around in flares of drapes and robes of dark fabric while Amalia continues on with the story – and Kiada’s eyes lift while she makes her Ludo puppet move, to land on Safrin in the back – heart yearning for a goddess she’s never met, while portraying yet another.

Her eyes lift to Ludo, then, and the painted mask it wears, and she smiles softly to herself – even going so far as to look back down to her Ludo puppet, stilling momentarily with amusement as Amalia continues the story, stilling ever so slightly despite her trembling hands as Jigano’s lanterns do as well – before Melita’s luxere begin to trail off – and Auni, somewhere off in the crowd, wiggles his nub of a tail before lifting his head to press into Deimos in a quiet demand of more pets.

Her Ludo puppet sways before the real Ludo’s puppet with mischief and an almost uncanny feeling of jubilance before settling back toward the lanterns and the Luxere as they begin to drift off. Her eyes drift toward Jigano momentarily with a soft smile on her lips, but her eyes ultimately land on Ludo to see how she’s done – hoping she’s done well for having never met the god.
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

'Safrin' was snoring, and so definitely could not let out a peep of hee, hee, hee as the real lady of stars appeared. No no, you must have been mistaken. Safrin was snoring. At least, she was until Amalia's prompt sent Ludo surging up to waggle its starry rags at the puppet of itself.

"Yes, me," it demanded, "what do you think you are doing? How dare you have such fun when I am not around to dazzle you with my beautiful stars! You are lucky that your lanterns are pretty (and that you are such a clever and wondrous god), and I forgive you! You are the best, Ludo." Another exaggerated rag wave, and Ludo swooped about lanterns and luxere and its own puppet, its laughter echoing along with the audience's.

It didn't know if it had cheered Safrin up. But it had tried, in its own way.

LUDO
Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Safrin

She smiles, faintly, at the mention of her stars. Did it really think them beautiful? Did it—

You are the best, Ludo!

Her smile disappears as her chin tilts upwards. Starlit prisms of tears that refuse to fall. She is dying, and Ludo? Ludo finds ways to praise itself.

With a sniff, the muted sound of a chord once tightly bound, now severing itself from around something once held so dear, and Safrin is gone.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
you drew memories in my mind I could never erase
painted colors in my heart I could never replace
Together they conclude the show, each one performing their part with gusto, chastised or cheerful, embarrassed or enthused. Kiada's Ludo is a spirited thing, matched in mirth by Ludo's Safrin, and the lanterns and luxere make excellent supporting cast, committing fully to their parts. The soul guide's portrayal of the lady of stars is hilariously inaccurate, causing Amalia to giggle riotously, her hand above her face.

Too caught up in the delight of the scene, she does not notice Safrin's departure until the twang of it rings through the air, making her dart her gaze back over to where the goddess was. Gone now, and the girl's smile falters, fear that perhaps she has not succeeded, that the ploy at cheerfulness did not work.

She dismisses it though, drowns it for now, pushes it into the place where the rest of her insecurities lie. Turning back to the cheering crowd, Amalia extends her arms. "Thank you all for coming, and three cheers for our performers! May Ludo guide your loved ones on and Safrin light your path!"

The PQ is over! Thank you all for participating. Feel free to put up a closing post <3
meet me where the falling stars live
Amalia
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415

Loren had thought, at first, that the fourth player, the fifth person on the stage, was simply another actor and nothing more. But then the glitter sprayed over the audience and then someone spoke from nothing more than a glimmer in the air, tone completely unamused at the antics of the actor playing Safrin the Launceleyn realized there was more going on here than he’d originally believed. Oh the story was beautiful, and moving, and well-acted, but from the reactions of everyone, it seemed that the gods themselves might’ve shown up. Or at least, a god. Loren didn’t know. All he knew was that his jaw was hanging open in awe and his eyes were tracking the exchange between the glimmer and the fake Safrin, wondering just what was going on here.

For a first encounter with the divine beings of Caido, this was more bewildering than he’d expected.

Try as he might, he was only barely following the plot of the puppet show. Instead, he was too busy simultaneously gawking at the gods and trying not to be noticed by them. Granted, the latter would probably be easy enough: Loren had so far proven quite beneath their notice, if the way they ignored his prayers was any indication. Still, the last thing he wanted was to offend them somehow, and ruin any chance of ever getting to interact with them beyond basking in their presence at this puppet show.

Which was over all too soon; the leader of the troupe called for it to end, and Loren glanced at her, startled. Then, of course, he instinctively applauded. It helped that the light had disappeared, leaving him both a bit more clear-headed and a bit calmer. However, the players had obviously done an excellent job if the gods themselves had come down to grace the puppet show with their presence. As the applause finished, however, Loren slipped out the back. He had no interest in being seen by anyone. Plus, he now had a lot to think about and process.

LOREN
Brought back by satisfaction more times than the cat