Not myself
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
there's a bulletproof bond
Phoebe sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose and leaning forward as she tried to quell the growing anger. Explaining things used to be something she enjoyed and did readily. Now it irritated her and wore on her suddenly very short patience. ”Yes, but it doesn’t…It…ugh!” Phoebe struggled for the words and shook her head. ”When blood cells attack illnesses the cells of the illness disappear. But I can’t see the cells of the blight it’s just…a mass and it assimilates the blood cells to it, so they are still intact.” she said, trying to explain it. ”And the only other think I have seen under the microlens that doesn’t have its own cells in it is ascended fluid.” she said.

She looked up at Remi as he described the trip to the Spire. ”Was there anything else besides the plants? Anything at all? Any black liquid or tar or sludge or something?” she asked in near desperation. It was the only thing she had to go on, that the Voice sent and Ascended into the wood and then suddenly there was a blight. The Spire was where that would have come from because the gods couldn’t see into it and after entering it Safrin got sick. There was just one missing piece.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
maybe its all gone black
"Is the blight...made of cells?" Remi asked naively, still having nearly no concept of the building blocks Phoebe was talking about, but doing his best despite his ignorance. "Maybe it...it is its own thing. Something that does not get smaller under your lens." Now that the connection was made between the blight and the ascended fluid more clearly, Remi nodded with understanding. If only Remi might have known his creation was simply not powerful enough to magnify down to levels that would give them further insight.

"Ah...Running water, beneath the ground. Like an underground spring, perhaps. The rocks...where the tulmhainar died there is still a hill....and the portal I suppose, but it is closed in now." He recited, one eye closed as he tried to drum up the memory of the Spire. "Nothing that makes me think of the blight, though. The plants had dark blue spots, not black. The gas they bled was yellow, not...well, not like anything blighted at all."
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe shrugged at his question. ”I can’t tell. I only ever see it once it has infected and assimilated the cells of the infected to it.” she said with a sigh. But to Remi’s point, she nodded. ”That’s why I think it must come from the Voice in some way because Ascended fluid is the same. It doesn’t get smaller under the microlens. I can’t see what it is made of, just like the blight.” she explained. ”They are the only two things I have ever seen that are like that. So either it doesn’t get smaller, or the microlens can’t magnify to the correct level for Ascended fluid or the blight to be seen.”

She hung her head when Remi said he hadn’t seen anything that resembled the blight to him. It seemed hopeless. Everything was beyond their reach. The composition of the blight, the basement of the Spire… ”I need to go down there and see for myself. There has to be a way to dig it out.” she said quietly.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
maybe its all gone black
The alchemist nibbled on the inside of his lip and shrugged. "Perhaps Frey would know." He mused softly. Then, realizing his suggestion was without context added; "About the size, I mean." Not that Remi wasn't willing to use his magic to try and enhance his friend's lens, but without knowing whether it was possible, he was just flinging magic into the void. Magic that might be better saved to be stored for Ronin and the rest of the blighted, or LongNight.

Tugging in a breath, Remi came to sit on the bed next to Phoebe. If the blight was contagious he'd have gotten it long before now. "I will go with you, if you like. The...well. A number of rocks fell when we were there last before we realized that killing the plants changed the structure. We stopped in time, but there is a good deal of rubble in the way."
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"I could ask Frey, but frankly it would be better if they explained it to you themselves. They understand it all better than I can explain it." she said with a sigh. But that would never happen. It would require Remi to go to Frey, with or without her, and she knew he simply wouldn't. It wasn't like making the microlens stronger was going to somehow improve his life - and she was pretty sure that if Remi had a sex related issue that Frey would be tickled pink to fix he still wouldn't chance it.

Phoebe sighed, frowning as Remi explained the state of the basement of the Spire. If there were giant rocks anywhere, there was no way that she herself could find anything. Even with Remi it might be difficult - his energy would run out eventually. "Do you think it is worth looking?" she asked him, looking at him with a frown. "Would it even be possible to move all those rocks to see what is beneath them?"
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
maybe its all gone black
With a sigh, Remi looked down at his hands and considered for a moment. He honestly didn't know, and false hope was not something he was willing to give out at this point. "I have no idea. I think I could move everything, with enough time. Whether there is any point though?" He ran a hand through his curls.

"How do we know what we find won't just work to prevent furthers from being blighted? Rather than curing those already with it? I...do not mean to be selfish, or cold, truly I do not. But...my focus is on those of you who are already infected. Learning more about where it comes from...will that help cure it? Or just prevent it?"
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!