Something Old, Something New [OPEN]
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
KIADA
ok, ok, i never had wings, only feathers
& i cried like a baby when they left me
Maybe if she were unblighted, she would feel bad about ignoring Loren. But as it was, she doesn’t find she cares much. Instead, she nods to Bastien’s response. “He was.” She remembers the cold nights of the Basin, curled up with her brother by a roaring fire, with Marembo curled up in the crook of their necks as a blanket of sorts, as well as an eye. It brings a light smile to her face as she watches him come to life, but it doesn’t last long.

His question makes her smile falter briefly before she shrinks, trembling hands finding their way into her pockets. “She was… not a good mother in Helovia. She told me she has changed here, that she’s different, and I just need the proof of it I think.” She pauses, eyes lifting to look to Bastien. “She cared more about keeping my father at her hip than she did for her children. And my father slept around a lot. So she kept giving him kids in the hope that he would stay.” Her shoulders rise and fall in a shrug. “And when my brother was stolen, she moved us from the Basin to the Edge where I was the only one to go out and look for him. I was ten.” Her voice grows softer then as she shrugs.

But I think she’s changed enough, learned a bit more. I’m just not ready to forgive her yet.” It’s blunt, but it’s there.
& i bled every time somebody touched me
ok, ok, i wasn't beautiful, not even in golden light
does it really matter, anyway?
we all get swallowed eventually
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
they will shake their heads and wag their fingers
by daybreak we'll be gone
"Ah, no. Do you know how many people I have met that insist to me they have no artistic talent, only for me to find out they are a secret master." With a smirk, he glanced to the work Loren's golem was creating. "For example, look what you have made with your large friend. I will proudly hang it at my wedding." Truthfully, the guild was a little desperate for members and he had never been picky about talent.

Though more serious than Loren's talent either way was Kiada's opinions of Rexanna. He was not used to navigating family drama, had never thought it was something he'd have to deal with after he left his parents to go to Venice. "...I see. Well, your willingness to forgive but...cautiousness to believe speaks of someone compassionate but wise." With a small nod he left the subject, standing up to gather together all the things that had been made so far for the wedding.

"It will be a beautiful event. Thank you, friends. Do you have any more ideas for things we can make?"
BASTIEN
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
Compliments and family drama: two things Loren was not particularly well equipped to handle. ”I think I will leave the art to those with the proper temperament and talent for it. But thank you.” Giving Bastien a sheepish look, the summoner looked between the artist and Kiada as if the Launceleyn could somehow remove the lingering awkwardness in the air through sheer force of will.

Thankfully, it didn’t come to that, as the other man provided Loren with the perfect opportunity to make his escape. ”It will be beautiful. Unfortunately, as I said, I am not exactly the creative type, so I will leave further ideas to those who are actually able to come up with them.” Giving the other two in the room a friendly smile, Loren dismissed the golem. ”Bastien, thank you again for the invite, and please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help. And it was nice to meet you Kiada.” Giving them both nods, the Launceleyn turned and headed out of the sanctuary in what he hoped was not a completely obvious hasty retreat. But the tension in the air had grown too much for him to tolerate, and that had seemed as good a time as any to exit. It felt a little bit like he’d gotten out before it was too late.
LOREN
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
KIADA
She nods when he mentions that it speaks of someone compassionate but wise. Perhaps one day her mother might tell him more about her, the reason she’s become the way she has. Perhaps it might help him understand the confusion of it and her reluctance. But she’s trying, despite the blight and it all. She’s doing her best, and that’s all she thinks anyone can ask of her. It’s certainly more than her mother might think she’s capable of.

When he stands, after finishing the decorations, she stands too as Auni makes his way back to her side. Her icy gaze drifts toward Loren as he makes his exit. She gives him a small nod in response. “Nice to meet you too.” She offers, even if they hadn’t talked that much. Perhaps one day, but today was more about… Well, the inevitable. Looking back to Bastien, she nods to him too as she gathers her things. “I’m not really an artist either… But… I hope it goes well.” She says awkwardly. “I hope you love her very much, and I hope that she doesn’t fuck that up.” It’s soft, but it’s there, the tone of protection. She might not appreciate her mother that much, but she still loves her. She’s still her mother. And she’ll still fight for her, even if she doesn’t understand.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
they will shake their heads and wag their fingers
by daybreak we'll be gone
"Oh fine. I will have to try and whittle down your shyness some other day." Bastien promised with a wink - he was sure with enough sweet talk and drink, he could have someone overcome their insecurity. Because to Bastien insecurity was simply the stupidest problem a person could have; innate confidence was something he had always found easy to come by.

He was not sure if it was his trying to get Loren into the guild or the rather intimate discussion with Loren, but the man made a rather swift exit -- Bastien only managing a "Oh, alright, see you again--" before he was gone. Unsurprisingly, Kiada began to pack up her things too; as much as Bastien usually did his best to avoid it, the tone in the room was definitely a little awkward.

"I do not think she could. I would love her as she plunged a knife into my ribs." He declared dramatically, hands going to his chest. "But...truly, your mother is a good woman. Perhaps it is not time for you to know that...but she is, and I think you will find it rewarding to spend time with her." Privately, though he was almost certain, Bastien hoped he was right.
BASTIEN
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
Despite the blight and the frustration that runs its course through the Harpy’s system, she pauses briefly when Bastien speaks to look upon him – and she can see the similarities between him and her father… But only the good parts. And it relieves her a small amount, wondering if it will work between them, and finding deep down within her that she hopes it does. But his words don’t give her much solace, while they’re different from what her father would say. And she manages to give Bastien a brief fleeting smile at the dramatic addition to his answer before she shakes her head. “I hope that’s true.” She offers quietly before she pauses once more.

She listens to him, listens to the feeling and happiness and true love that linger beneath it all, and she takes a moment to bite her lower lip. And perhaps… Perhaps it might be a good wedding gift, to get to know this version of her mother, to not peg her with the barbs of a ruined childhood and broken family… Because this version of the Penumbra might have the memories but she’s done none of the actions of the woman she knew.

So she sucks in a deep breath and nods firmly to the painter. “I will try. You can tell her I spend most of my days at Amalia’s Bakery or Deimos’… If she wants to come and find me.” She says gently, wondering if he will. But, perhaps a new step, a new foot forward is what they all need. Then, she gathers her things and her Luxere, and slips out the door.