i'm still turning out
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
in the right heaven-yellow light, anything could be
holy enough to save you
She stands, and Rexanna’s eyes snap back toward the midwife. Yet, with the height difference, with Phoebe looking down to her, she lifts her head tall. She doesn’t think Phoebe wants to pick this fight. She knows that Phoebe, with the sickness, with everything, she would not win. And for a moment, she feels a pang of regret for thinking such thoughts, until the mention of Bastien arises again. “What does it feel like to look into the mirror?” She challenges back, because the very same things she accuses Phoebe of, the midwife does herself.

At least, until Phoebe comments on the noble fact, and her eyes narrow, teeth grit and grind against one another. She wants to believe Phoebe doesn’t mean it, but she isn’t sure. She has told so much of her history to Phoebe, so much of it that she had carefully guarded, kept a secret. For a moment her brand on her collarbone burns in her memory and she shrinks away. “Your beloved Frey made me this way, perhaps you should speak to them if you don’t like what I’ve become.” She snaps back.

Frey had done it. Had told her to stop sacrificing herself for everyone. Why haven’t they told Phoebe the same?

I am not denying anything, Phoebe. I am asking for understanding, for offering help, but I can see you’re blind to that.” She snaps, teeth clicking against one another with the force of her words. “You don’t want our help. You’d rather peg us the murderers and die knowing that we could have helped and you refuse.” She’s charged, the adrenaline boiling beneath her, she can feel the flame flickering in the fireplace, the urge to use and burn and destroy. But she concedes another step, not wishing to harm, not wishing to give into the darkness.

The Ascended are my family, Phoebe. My priorities haven’t changed for who’s important to me. You are still important to me even if you can’t see that.” Her voice takes on that same noble tone, with an undertone of a growl, a snarl. “But if it’s a den of murderers we are, I’ll let you believe that if it helps you sleep at night. Come to me if you change your mind.” She snaps, hand shaking with the overabundance of adrenaline and she slinks toward the door. A den of murderers, and yet Rexanna is on her way to leading the pack alongside her beloved Wessex.
REXANNA