you are the best thing that's (n)ever been mine
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
HOTARU
There is little to say, now. Nothing that hasn't already been said, or perceived and understood as they read one another's body language like a familiar, faded dialect. There are no words to ease the pain of their shared grief, just hollow empty things that echo uncomfortably and do nothing to dampen the sharpness of the knife that is forever lodged between their ribs.

So instead she speaks with her body. Draws Kiada closer, hums softly under her breath to calm the unsteady breaths still finding their way into the girl's body. Tucks her beneath her chin, enshrouds them both in the golden curtain of her hair. Rocks her like a living cradle, easing away the pain of loneliness the best she can. Reminding her of days when Kiada was still gangly-legged and barely came to her chest. When her daughters played together, Kiada just a darkly painted wildling accepted into their little pack.

The memories feel so far away, and yet with Kiada encased in her embrace, the joy those days had brought her is within arm's reach once more.

They don't part far when Kiada aims the question her way, and Hotaru lifts a hand to gently run a thumb down the crest of one golden ear peeking out of her tousled hair. Seeks her gaze. "Less than a full day," she admits softly in the space between them. Hotaru sighs and her gaze dances away, distant and thoughtful. "Rexanna found me, when I first arrived here. When I found out that you and Deimos were here as well, I slept for a time and then came directly here to see you." Deimos would be her next visit of course, but she'd scarcely gotten half the time she needed to rest before she had been up and voyaging out into the snow to find her niece. "And you?" How much had she missed? How long had Kiada been here without her aunt? Any time is too much, but she must know.
i'm the little lightning girl
living electricity
a lightning bolt in human form
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
i wanted to be ruined —
a little more than i wanted
— to be loved
Her question, as awkward and strange as it had been, goes answered easily as though there’s little to no judgement from Hotaru about how it had been worded. And for that small mercy, she manages a bright smile despite the sorrow and guilt, the grief that overcomes her every time she meets those two-toned eyes. Instead, she leans into the touch that Hotaru gives, listening diligently like the child she wishes she was, not a battle hardened woman.

She thinks that she’s just happy to be held and loved, so deeply.

There’s a blink of surprise, however, as Hotaru tells her she’s been here less than a day and has managed to seek her out. But who? Who had told her? Her mind immediately flits toward Deimos, because he’s the only one she considers who would know the two of them. But when the words fall from Hotaru’s lips, something within her softens toward her mother. And perhaps, an attempt at a relationship might be necessary, if only for this small gift.

Still, her eyes soften as she looks at Hotaru and manages another small smile. “I’m glad she told you.” She says lightly, pushing past the sadness of the last few minutes. “Last time I saw her I fought with her a bit.” She admits, a small amount of shame cascading over her. Perhaps the Penumbra had changed, and Kiada was too blinded by the blight, guilt, grief to have noticed? She doesn’t know. But she makes a note to try and be better, to do better. To give her a chance.

But the question drifts toward her, and Kiada looks back up to Hotaru’s face as she thinks on it. “Almost a year.” It’s soft, but it’s there. An admittance to the amount of time she’s been in this godforsaken place. And the events that had been witnessed from it. “I went from Helovia, to the Rift, and Kisamoa threw us all out after some time. I went to another place, but only for a moment, before I was sucked into here.” She explains.
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3