Beneath the trees where nobody sees
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
what good is it live with nothing left to give?
Despite the fire, Ronin's lips were still cold. Still not quite right, but oh, it was so much more than he'd had lately that the alchemist couldn't possibly be moved to care. Instead he simply moaned softly into the light embrace, smiling crookedly and adoringly at his husband as he pulled away.

"Rude." Remi snorted, nudging Ronin with a grin in response to his outburst. "Actually, I can, yeah." The alchemist said with a nod. Having done so, the tree across from them seemed to yawn and stretch. Eyes just above a knotted and gnarly twist in the back appeared, blinking sleepily at the pair.
forget but not forgive, not loving all you see

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
the wounds are open and bleeding out
Holding Remi close (almost protectively so), Ronin narrowed his eyes at their weird little berry-buddy as it scuttled about, wondering whether to swat it with his foot into the campfire they had made. He was a monster hunter - so sue him for instantly being wary of a creature he had never seen before.

"Wait, what?" Glancing at Remi, Ronin's attention was stolen all over again by the sight of the great tree stretching, showering snow upon the ground.

"How...? Is it your earth magic?" he asked, wondering at the creations; whether Remi was actually imbuing life, or just making clever puppets.

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"It...is part of it, I think. But not the same. With earth magic I can just manipulate them. This feels like something else. They are not..alive in the true sense. As soon as I stop concentrating on them they go back to how they were." Remi explained, or at least tried to. It had happened one day while he was working, one of the plants on his desk suddenly came alive beneath his fingers.

Chuckling, Remi nodded to the tree and bush. As he did so their anthropomorphized features seemed to dissolve as they stilled. Leaning his nose against Ronin's neck, hoping to shock his husband with the chill of it, the alchemist grinned as he pulled Ronin closer. "Aoife quite likes them. She thinks they are new friends come to play with her."

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Watching the strange creatures around them as though Remi had just desposited them into some weird fairytale, Ronin jumped (of course) at the cold nose that pressed against his steadily warming body. "Oi!" He laughed, seeming to relax a little more when the tree and the berry bush melded back into something a bit more... inanimate.

"So you are full of surprises," he remarked, choosing not to mention his recent ability to pluck clouds from the sky. "They creep me out. But then I've had fights with Wicker Women." Turning back to his husband, he nuzzled his face against Remi's curls and closed his eyes again. "Could you just stay a bit longer, please?" he asked quietly. "I'm tired, but I don't want to sleep."

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi flashed his husband an innocent look as he jumped in surprise, boyish delight streaking across his face. The pace with which they moved to playful and adoring from discussions of Ronin's impending death was dizzying, and yet together Ronin and Remi had proved they were nothing if not adaptable to whatever life threw at them.

"Wicker women, interesting..." Remi repeated, grinning mischievously at Ronin and planning all sorts of pranks in his mind already.

"Can I stay?" The alchemist repeated softly, trying to hide the sadness in his voice. Remi wasn't the one going anywhere. "Well, I suppose." He said with a huff as if truly inconvenienced. "On one condition though—" So saying, the ground beneath them suddenly became moss-covered and quite soft. It was such a small thing, but the alchemist had missed falling asleep with Ronin's arms around him. Like his husband, the alchemist didn't want to sleep either, but he longed to be wrapped up in his partner's arms. "I have gone un-cuddled for far too long. " He declared, laying down and tugging the blanket (and thus Ronin) down with him.

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin's glance flickered between horrified and challenging, as if daring Remi to do any such thing with the grabby trees. They were animated enough to begin with, and absolutely did not need Remi to start going around and giving them expressions. He nudged his husband gently at the exclamation, Ronin giving him a sad smile - he knew just as well as the alchemist that he would be the one setting off into the night, though he didn't know quite after how long.

Shifting as the ground beneath them became soft and comfortable and warm, there was no objection to Ronin as he flopped to lay down. His arms laced around Remi easily, the hunter drawing him close to share his warmth and wrap himself up in his presence. "You're right," he mumbled. "You have been. Let me make that up to you now, yeah?" He smiled into Remi's curls.

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
They fell together so easily. It didn't matter that it wasn't their bed, that they were covered in skins to keep them warm. It was them, together as they were meant to be. Not wanting to ruin the moment with tears or unanswerable questions about the future, Remi simply intertwined himself against Ronin and sighed a long and happy sound of relief.

After a time, Remi nudged Ronin onto his back, tucking himself into the crook of his arm. Waving a hand at the treetops overhead, they parted enough to reveal a sea of stars overhead. "Now that is a view." Remi chuckled, the firelight bouncing off of Ronin's eyes and making them look deep into to sink down into.

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
It was a moment that Ronin did absolutely everything he could to ingrain into his memories. The warmth of his husband against him, the feel of his chest rising and falling, his sigh of relief... everything. The scent of the woods and the fire and Remi, Ronin's arms securely around him like he was an anchor in a coming storm. And it was coming, they both knew it. Still, for just a little while Ronin could close his eyes and imagine they were home, that this was their bed, and it was just a bad dream from which he'd soon awaken.

As he was nudged onto his back, his arm curled easily around the alchemist, and when the trees parted for the stars to shine down on them, it was Remi's face that Ronin watched. His smile was warm, as was the rest of him for the first time in weeks. "It really is," he said of the view, sighing contently.

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Letting his head loll to the side, drowsy in his utter love for his husband, Remi felt butterflies in his stomach for the first time in weeks. The fluttered hopefully about, making the smile on his lips grow wider and wider. "You are impossibly handsome, you know that?" He said, entirely smitten and starstruck by Ronin, even now.

One of Remi's hands rose to trace the outline of the ex-captain's jaw as his thumb softly brushed against Ronin's lower lip. He smelled of earth and decay and, if Remi was being honest, rot, but he also smelled the way he always had too, somewhere deep below.

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Feeling his own smile spreading across his face as Remi looked up at him, Ronin closed his eyes and leant into the alchemist's touch, as thirsty for it as if he were a man in the desert without water. "You're right," he agreed. "It is impossible, because right now we both know I look horrific, Remi." Laughing softly, he pressed his lips to Remi's fingers before settling back again.

With the alchemist tucked close, the fire crackling merrily away and the weight of the animal skins over them, it was easy to imagine they were just away in the woods for a bit, enjoying the stars and each other. "I love you," the hunter said sleepily, kissing Remi's curls.

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"And yet here we are." Remi snorted softly. "Much as I like scrubbing you down in the shower, there is something to be said for this woodsy look." He added playfully, trying to focus on the scent of campfire and pine and not lingering death.

"I love you more." The alchemist whispered back immediately. With only the barest bit of effort, Remi moved another log onto the fire. The sap within crackled and popped, releasing its sweet scent into the air. Nestling his fingers beneath the layers of pelts and Ronin's tattered clothing, Remi let his fingers splay on skin that still felt too cold. But still there was a heart beating beneath and there was little more soothing than to be able to feel the pulse beneath his fingers as well as his ring at the same time.

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Speak for yourself. The woodsy look is nice for a little while, but once you've been wearing the same clothes for gods know how long, it starts to wear thin." Ronin laughed softly; not that the blight in him cared a kind fuck for his hygiene. "When this is over, I will need your help in getting clean - so at least you have that to look forward to."

His eyes slipped shut as Remi's warm hand worked its way beneath his clothes, burning like a coal against his chilled skin, and a low moan of satisfaction escaped Ronin's lips. "It's not a competition," he chided with a grin, nuzzling into the alchemist's curls. "But I suppose I need all the love I can get right now, so I'll take as much as you can give."

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Ronin Taliesin, did you just try and seduce me with offers of chores?" Remi asked dryly, though the flush of colour across his cheeks and the boyish spark of amusement in his gaze suggested he'd be more than happy to devote hours to ensure the king was squeaky clean.

"Well, you have all of it just the same." The alchemist hummed back, his strong fingers softly working at the tension in his husband's chest and shoulders. Like Ronin, Remi didn't want to sleep away their time together, but with such utter peace descending upon them it was hard not to want to simply collapse down into the welcome darkness and satisfaction of being curled up next to the man he loved. It had been far too long, and every fibre of Remi's being sang with relieved mirth at finally having Ronin under-hand again.

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Is it working?" Ronin grinned, cracking an eye open in time to catch the blush on Remi's cheeks, pulling him a touch closer and sighing contently. Chores or no, there was no doubt that their reunion, when it happened (and it was a firm when, no ifs allowed), would bring many more fireworks than had been at their wedding. And then some.

Eyes slipping shut again, Ronin smiled as Remi spoke, utterly relaxing beneath his touch and gentle ministrations. "That's all I need," he assured the alchemist, breathing in the scent of him deeply before falling quiet. As much as he wanted to make the most of however long they had, there was no fighting it - sleep took Ronin hostage within moments, desperate to let his ailing body heal without the blight to work against it.

Regrettably, come morning all would have reverted to the twisted version of normal Remi had no doubt become accustomed to. Ronin was gone, the fire stamped spitefully out, and a soft snow was falling through the trees. Next to Remi, rather than the hunter, a dead rabbit would greet the alchemist. Whether the ex-captain was trying to be cruel, or trying to bring his lover breakfast... well. They'd never know.

~FIN

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky