Beneath the trees where nobody sees
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
what good is it live with nothing left to give?
Glaring down, his eyebrows having become long and wispy with leonine fur, teeth jagged and sharp, the hands that held Ronin's would soon become punctuated with claws. But then...spots of blue appeared in Ronin's eyes, the dimmest blush of colour on his cheeks. It wasn't much, but given monochromatic palette of the blighted king's features thus far, even the barest trace of colour was shocking.

"..Ronin..?" He whispered, all predatory traits disappearing as Remi leaned forward, releasing Ronin's wrists to softly cup his face. "Always." The alchemist whispered, all but collapsing on top of his husband to press his face into the hollow of Ronin's neck, smearing blackened tears as he did so. "Always."

Remi's heart hammered in earnest now, adrenaline, relief, and the recognition of future despair all creating a churning cocktail in his mind and soul.
forget but not forgive, not loving all you see

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
the wounds are open and bleeding out
"Gods, Remi." Ronin's arms encircled his husband the moment he was released, holding him close and letting his hands run down the alchemist's back, over his sides, his shoulders, through his curls like he couldn't get enough of him. "Thank you," he whispered into his lover's hair, unaware when he'd started to shiver with the cold, but trembling nonetheless.

"You brought me blankets," he mumbled, sounding adorably endeared by it and trying to shift to sit up without having to let Remi go (it wasn't going to happen, put simply, so if he didn't manage it he'd give up). "I missed you so much. I don't... it's like watching it happen from far away. I'm so sorry..."

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Leaning back, Remi pulled Ronin up with him. It was absurd to be sitting in the king's lap, but he couldn't have minded less if he tried. Instead he simply pulling the far-too cold body against him, breathing in the damp earthy and diseased smell as if were as sweet as one of Vi's roses. "It was not you." The alchemist stuttered against Ronin's neck, the words caught in the tremor between what was both a laugh and a sob.

The alchemist shook his head at the apology, tears streaming down his cheeks. "It is not you, I know." He whispered soothingly, reaching out to softly wipe away the blackened streaks having run down Ronin's face. In an instant there were blankets in Remi's hands. The ones that he'd brought, but also ones suddenly conjured. Wrapping them around Ronin with a laugh that threatened to be a whimper if he wasn't careful.

"I miss you. I miss you more than anything." Remi whispered, knowing it wasn't fair, knowing that there was nothing Ronin could do, but needing to say the words to Ronin, while he was still there to hear them.

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Letting out a shuddering sigh as he was pulled up into a sitting position, Ronin melted against Remi, scattering kisses in his hair and on his cheeks and wherever else he could reach without having to part from his husband. "It wasn't," he agreed - promised - holding him close and closing his eyes to let Remi wipe his tears away. Ronin would have done the same, if not for the dirt and black blood that covered his fingers. His heartbeat would be a slow and steady thing now, at least, a reassuring thrum in his husband's wedding ring.

Nuzzling gratefully into the blankets, Ronin shifted so he could wrap Remi up in them as well, leaning in to kiss his forehead. "I'm here now. I don't know for how long, but I'm here with you. And I love you, and I'm still there even though it seems like I'm not. So please, don't give up. Do everything you can, plant the roses, capture me, put me somewhere I can't hurt you or anyone else. I don't care."

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
It felt too good, too blissfully easy to sink into this and pretend it was forever. Every muscle that relaxed against Ronin, every breath of him however foul simply added to a debt that would have to be paid later when Ronin was forced back by the darkness looming inside of him. Every stolen moment together was one the alchemist would have to pay back ten fold.

With laughter that made tears pour from his eyes, Remi shook his head with a shuddery sigh. "Ahh yes. The caged and blighted King. Price of admission will be three planted roses." The alchemist's fingers slid beneath Ronin's jacket, holding tight against a body that was still far, far too cold as his lips tried to retain the smile that was plastered there.

"I will never give up on you. Not ever." Remi vowed, leaning forward to scour kisses all across Ronin's face: the side of his nose, the bones of his cheek, his eye lids, the top of his ears. Then finally and oh so softly, against his lips as well. "I know you are not okay, but...are you? In there...out here..?"

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
A low, contented sound thrummed through Ronin as Remi's fingers delved beneath his coat, the ex-captain feeling his aches and pains and discomforts acutely now that he had been gifted rhyme and reason. The food and water he scavenged in his blighted state was barely enough to see him through, he didn't think he slept, and the stress placed on his body would only continue to build and grow.

Still, for now he was with Remi, and Ronin held onto his husband like he was an anchor, shivering acutely now as the warmth kindled between them. "Hey, at least you can make sure I'm inside, then," he joked. "I'll even rattle the bars of the cage, make it look all proper like." He nudged Remi gently, eyes closing at the barrage of welcome kisses, a smile playing across Ronin's lips.

"...Sort of...?" he mumbled in response, hoping he had understood the alchemist's question and letting his head rest exhaustedly on his shoulder. "I remember trying to talk with you... then suddenly I'm in the woods. It's like I'm there in fits and starts."

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Much as the words seemed excruciating and the answer even more so, the alchemist softly pulled away to fix Ronin with a tentative smile. "How about a fire? If...there is time..?" There likely wasn't enough to go home, to spend an evening together, but surely...if there was any good in the world, if Vi's roses could do a damn thing, it could give them time to at least warm themselves.

With a laugh that seemed to rattle his heart, Remi shook his head. "You are quite entertaining." The alchemist agreed.

Letting his fingers intertwine through Ronin's hair and tugging him ever closer, Remi exhaled his surprise in the blanket wrapped around them. "From what Safrin said...I was not sure when...when.." But Remi's throat closed entirely and he was left simply shaking his head. He couldn't say it.

"Aoife thinks you are in the stars again. She waves to you every night." Remi said instead, snuffling back yet more tears.

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"I'd love a fire, please," Ronin said with a weary and grateful smile, drawing back from Remi with obvious reluctance and absently fussing over his husband's curls, enjoying the simple touch and conversation. And when Remi pulled him closer again, Ronin melded against the other man without so much as a grumble of hesitation. "Well I do try," he quipped at hearing he was entertaining, his smile audible.

He fell silent, however, at the mention of Safrin, Ronin withdrawing momentarily and frowning off into the woods. "It has taken her too, I think," he said quietly. "Though I'm not sure how much. I don't... I wish I could tell you more. All I can say is that the sooner Vi's wishes are carried out, the better."

Ronin's breath hitched in his throat as Remi brought up Aoife, the hunter turning his head to press a kiss against the side of Remi's neck. "Thank you," he whispered. "It's better for her not to know. I'll be home soon, I swear it."

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The alchemist snorted and rolled his eyes fondly. It was a slow and terrible sort of torture, how easy it was to simply make light of the situation with the real Ronin so close against him. A caged king was a reason to laugh with his husband at his side, rather than the horrifying reality that it might one day become.

"Then I will plant you a thousand roses, and then a thousand more." Remi vowed in earnest again.

"I know." Remi whispered, even though he didn't. "I think she tries to talk to you at night, too." He adds, leaning his head against Ronin's and breathing softly into Ronin's hair. Sadly it wasn't the first time Ronin had been gone from her for a time, not the first time her remaining parent had moped hopelessly about. For Aoife, it was merely another season of life.

Pulling away if only for a moment, the alchemist produced flint and kindling. With earth magic it was all too easy to start a fire, and Remi didn't even need to move away from Ronin to collect rocks and such either. Mosses appeared in his hand which he tossed onto the growing flame, and even a bit of peppermint bark that cheerily scented the air. "Right then you. Did you bring the tea like I asked?" The alchemist chuckled, nudging Ronin as if this was nothing more than a picnic.

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"A thousand? That might be a bit overkill, but I'll appreciate every single one, I promise," Ronin said affectionately, glancing towards the slowly crackling fire and feeling its warmth on his cold cheeks and his fingers. He let out a long sigh of relief, like one who has been too cold for too long, and letting his eyes slip shut as they spoke. It broke his heart to hear that Aoife spoke to him as though he was in the sky again, and he dropped a gentle kiss onto Remi's shoulder.

"Would you tell her that I'm thinking of her, please? And that I'll be home soon, and that she and you aren't to be sad?" he asked, sitting back to gaze at Remi. His seriousness broke into a smile at the quip, Ronin nudging his husband and scoffing. "Of course I forgot the tea," he said. "What kind of picnic would this be if I didn't forget something?"

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Overkill is what I do. I turned your clothes to rose petals on our first date, so planting you a garden seems like the natural progression of things." It didn't of course, but the alchemist was merely trying to fill the space with lightness, as if it might somehow allow them to rise above the darkness.

"Of course." Remi whispered, leaning his head against Ronin', silently wishing there wasn't layers of fabric between his skin and his husband's kiss.

"I would not know, since it has never happened." The alchemist quipped back, playfully rolling his eyes. "It is lucky you have married someone so prepared." Remi wasn't, but that was what magic was for after-all. Turning towards Ronin with a mischievous glimmer in his eye and looking for all the world like a child trying to contain a secret, the alchemist bit the inside of his lip before looking coyly away.

"Do you want to see what I've learned to do?"

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"That's true, you did," Ronin agreed with a genuine laugh, remembering all too well. "Straight from flower petals to a thousand rose garden, though? You've not given yourself much room to go from there, you know." As his fingers warmed painfully from the heat of the fire, Ronin busied himself running his hands over Remi; even with the layers that separated them, it felt so desperately good to have him there that he couldn't stop himself.

Scoffing dramatically at the alchemist's comments, Ronin did absolutely nothing to dispute them - he was incredibly lucky to have the husband that he did, prepared and all the rest. Sitting up a bit as he caught the glint in the other man's eye, he managed a smirk of anticipation and curiosity. "Obviously I do," he said. "Come on, the suspense is killing me."

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"How little you think of my creativity. I suppose you will just have to be pleasantly surprised, then." The alchemist replied, his voice and gaze distracted by his husband's closeness. Feeling for all the world like a teenager who couldn't keep their hands off of a crush, Remi too pulled Ronin closer, unable to get enough of him.

The alchemist tried to keep his smile intact, but no amount of cheer (real or forced) could soften the way his heart fumbled in his chest hearing the words killing me leave Ronin's lips. "Right." He said softly, clearing his throat. "You see that bush?" Turning towards a small berry bush, Remi absently laced his fingers through Ronin's as he grinned dramatically. "Well..." With his free hand he made a come-hither motion, and surprisingly, it did. With roots for feet and berries moved to seemingly make eyes, the bush was suddenly more sprite-than plant. Unsteadily, it warbled towards the pair, giving Ronin a wave.

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Luckily for you, I love being pleasantly surprised." Ronin grinned - though the expression wiped from his face as he, too, realised the implication in what he had said. Cupping Remi's cheeks in his hands and leaning in to steal a gentle kiss from his lips, he murmured an apology. "Careless wording on my part," he said, sitting back once again to watch whatever it was his husband had in store for them.

Fingers threading easily into Remi's, the hunter followed his gaze towards the winter berry bush and arched an eyebrow, only for his blue eyes to widen considerably as it ambled towards them. "What the fuck is that," he blurted, fighting the urge to gather Remi up in his arms and scoot away from the creature. Snorting out a laugh as he realised the other man was behind it all, he nudged Remi. "What, so now you can make trees get up and walk around?"

THE
FALLEN STAR

Table coding by Sky