In the Blink of an Eye
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?

"Yes, exactly." Sam agreed emphatically, surprised to find understanding for this in Remi. "I don't think I could ask her that, besides...would it stop The Blight now? I don't know." He was pretty sure asking would get him hurt (or very told off, which he didn't want either) and wouldn't get any closer to closing the rift between the Gods.

He let himself be moved closer to Remi, closing his eyes and concentrating on stopping the shaking of his hands, trying to get himself under control one part at a time. The offer was one he had denied the first time, but now he could not say yes fast enough, nodding against Remi's chest.

"Yes, please. I'll as-ask Nate if he wants to come, but he probably will." He did not want to be a burden to Remi, but when the price otherwise was a knife against his neck...there was not a good reason to say no. "Thank you. Thank you. You do not have to be so good to me." Slowly he pulled away and smiled weakly at Remi.
Samuel
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Unfortunately, Remi agreed wholeheartedly. "I do not think it would either." Regardless of the lies the Voice may or may not have told, he thought now the Blight was its own thing. She may have released it, the ascended might have carried it about, but now that it was? He very much doubted it would be so simple as merely having the Voice snap her fingers and call it off.

"Nate, right." Remi agreed, his voice soothing as he softly ran his fingers through Sam's hair. What love he'd once had for the bookmaker had settled (mostly due to memory loss), but now it simply smoldered adoringly in the coals of friendship. "You are my friend Sam. I will always be there for you." So saying, the alchemist couldn't help but gulp every so slightly at the memory of the night he'd shown up at Sam's door, delirious and broken. The claw marks he'd left on the frame of the bookmaker's house and etched into their friendship.

"I will put up a notice about this woman...she will be found and stopped." He vowed in a whisper.

Яemi

& we don't know what we're waiting for & we don't know the truth anymore
& we can't see clearly through the fog so we end up chasing g h o s t s
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Your heroes for ghosts?

He was relieved that Remi was not also pressuring him to speak to The Voice. The plan was so ludicrous it had no chance of succeeding but to those uneducated in his Goddess, he supposed it could sound reasonable. Did they usually argue with their Gods, he wondered? Did they not feel the sharp contrast of fear and love he did when they prayed?

Feeling Remi's fingers through his hair while he heard the name of his (...lover...?) roommate was enough of an odd contrast to break Sam a little out of his misery, into a confused guilt that he did not know the reason for. Still, he did not move from the touch, could not afford to miss out on comfort when his hands were still shaking and his mind still screaming.

"...Don't...don't get hurt by going after her. Maybe we'll have...well, y-you'll have scared her off, now." He said hopefully, slowly pulling away to sit close but separate, cuddling his own legs. "Besides...she probably won't be the only one, right?"
Samuel
Hot ashes for trees?
Cold comfort for change?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
The alchemist was slowly but surely letting himself become familiar with his new body and the strength that came with it. Perhaps it was the strain of all that was happening, but Remi smiled darkly against Sam's hair at the bookmaker's insistence that he be careful and not get hurt. Who can hurt me now? Remi's mind sang grimly. Still, he nodded. "I will put up a notice so that everyone knows who we are looking for. She'll not be able to hide behind her hood for long."

Letting Sam go, Remi sighed and slowly shook his head. He'd not offer false hope merely to settle the bookmaker. "I do not know...I...I have not heard of anyone suggesting that the ascended speaking with the Voice and calling a halt is the solution to any of this." Whether that meant the hooded figure was on her own, or part of a larger sect, he had no idea.

"Why don't you and Nate gather your things, and come over tonight? I will make sure to have your rooms ready." Rooms. The alchemist softly eyed his friend with a raised brow.

Яemi

& we don't know what we're waiting for & we don't know the truth anymore
& we can't see clearly through the fog so we end up chasing g h o s t s
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Your heroes for ghosts?

"...Mmm..." Sam acknowledged. He knew a notice was likely a good idea, but his self conscious soul cringed at the thought. People reading that he'd been attacked and had to be rescued, thinking well, of course. It's Sam. When isn't he being a wimp?

He had not heard anything of the crazy scheme either, but he supposed the people wouldn't be telling him about it. Were they all somewhere now, planning to ambush him again?

With that question in his mind he couldn't have been more eager to live with Remi. So eager that he automatically, without thought answered: "Oh no, just the one will do. I'll g-go and talk to him and we'll be over in a couple of hours. Thank you, Remi."
Samuel
Hot ashes for trees?
Cold comfort for change?