Two Sides of the Same Coin
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
All is fair in love and war
bloodshed in velvet shades
as battles burn, but one remains
they call her Queen of Blades
Roana nodded slightly, acknowledging Amalia’s point. They were different, death by a natural cause was far different from one caused by another. But Amalia seemed to be forgetting something very important, as she grew increasingly furious. ”It is not for us to decide, nor did I. Ludo, the Herald of Mort, did.” she reminded. She tried to justify to find common logic but clearly it seemed it either didn’t exist or logic alone was not enough for the Shield. Roana was not acting of her own will. She had heard the orders from the divine, and she was acting on them.

As Amalia stood firm on her side of the line, Roana stood firm on hers. ”You’re right. I don’t. But this weight isn’t yours to carry, or I am sure Ludo would have asked it of you themselves.” she said softly. The way this task made Amalia rage and recoil was proof enough to the Captain that while she might be able, she was not best suited. She stood for Safrin. She stood for Vi. The purety and struggle of her cause was a blessing, one most everyone could understand and support. But the side of the line that Roana walked was covered in shadow, and it was one that took a certain disposition to carry. The more she was hated, the more comfortable she grew with it. It was simply the nature of the work.

”Then go as seek Mort’s council. You are far more worthy than I to ask for it. But in the meantime, I’ve still Ludo’s guidance to follow.”
ROANA
This table brought to you with considerable help from Sky and Odd!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

AMALiA
The reminder that Ludo sent out this edict softens her a little, though she still cannot reconcile that the god would intend for or condone genocide as an answer to any problem. The logic is there, but morally it is not right. When is logic more important than morality?

When is doing what makes sense better than doing what is good?

And another Barb: Ludo hadn't asked her, had actively instructed her to lessen her burdens, stop trying to carry so much for the gods. Perhaps if she had been stronger it would be she who Ludo turned to, rather than an Outlander with a heart of knives (but oh, isn't it always outlanders?).

At last Roana dismisses her, no longer fighting or arguing but sending her for counselor, confirmation of what the soldier believes. Conviction, a thing Amalia can understand, but so misplaced, so dangerous, and in the gods she loves?

"I will go to Mort," the Shield agrees softly. "And if I hear from him, I will tell you. But please- wait until then. Please."

the darkest nights produce the brightest stars
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
All is fair in love and war
bloodshed in velvet shades
as battles burn, but one remains
they call her Queen of Blades
Roana remained quiet as Amalia heard her out. It seemed her reminder about Ludo softened her anger a touch, but the captain was smarter than to even hope it would calm her entirely. She stood for life. Death was the exact opposite. As opposite as she was from the baker really. Perhaps that was why they stood where they stood.

She was glad though that she would seek the counsel of Mort if she could. But again she begged her to wait, and she frowned slightly, glancing down as she considered it. ”I will wait as long as I can. But I won’t test Ludo’s patience or let an opportunity pass.” she said quietly, a small concession. ”I hope Mort will appear to you and give you an alternative that will appease the majority.” she said with a slight sigh. Roana didn’t want to do this necessarily. Want wasn’t part of the equation. But she would if it was the only way, as Ludo seemed think and as she promised.
ROANA
This table brought to you with considerable help from Sky and Odd!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

AMALiA
Roana doesn't give her much, and Amalia doesn't expect it. She admires the woman, in a way: as much as she believes Roana is wrong, the baker cannot deny her resolution. And in a way this is the baker's fault. It was she who told the soldier to go out and try, after all.

The promise to wait while she can is all the baker can ask for. Nodding her understanding, Amalia's jaw is set and determined, a mirror of the dark haired blade who is so her opposite, yet so like her. "I will tell you what I hear," she promises before turning to walk away, planning to take her own path home- she has much to think about.

the darkest nights produce the brightest stars