Like a Thief in the Night
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
another night you wish you could forget
making yourself up as you go along
There was silence after his question and for a moment Adam wondered if Peter was as scared as he was about the word. That would be a relief, he thought - both of them deciding to end it here, let it just be physical and to ignore the creeping feeling crawling up between them that felt suspiciously like something serious.

When the answer actually came, the nervous little affirmation, he couldn't actually bring himself to be all that upset. "Nice." He huffed air from his nose in a partial laugh. "Yeah, I guess it might be. I mean I...I do like you. I just don't normally do this kinda thing, y'know. I'm more of a casual kinda guy - but...I mean, everything's changed, and...it would feel kinda weird, I guess, to do this kinda stuff with anyone else..."

He was rambling, but that was often the only way he could work out his thoughts. "So uh...to you, what does being boyfriends..mean? Like do you want me to bring you flowers and go to dinner and shit?"
who's gonna take you home tonight?
ADAM
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
Loneliness... is such a sad affair
and I can hardly wait
Peter just nodded as Adam repeated his nice back at him, feeling dumb for it. Out of anything, anything he might have said, nice was what had come out. But Adam laughed, kind of, and it was enough to get him to take a breath. A deep one. And close his eyes. ”I like you too!” The words blurted out, Pet covering his mouth immediately when he realized he’d talked over Adam.

It was nice to know that at least he wasn’t the only one of them new to something like this. With his hand still over his mouth, Pet nodded, listening to Adams ramble with his undivided attention. Well... all of his attention was on Adam. Most of his attention was on Adams words. His eyes did occasionally move to a curl of hair, stuck to the other mans cheek.

”To me?” Pet whispered between his fingers, blinking back at Adam. ”Um... nothing... nothing different. Just... this, right? Or... or stuff like this? Do... do you want me to do things?”
to be with you again
PETER
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
another night you wish you could forget
making yourself up as you go along
Adam couldn't help but laugh again at Pet's outburst - as anxiety-inducing as this whole thing was, he found the odd way Pet spoke charming. In short, quiet little words then all at once, like something bubbled up to the surface.

"Uuh...no, I guess not. You're pretty good doing what you're doing." He stroked a hand down Pet's spine, light finger touches on scarred skin. "Well...I guess maybe...you could take a good tickling sometimes." His hand shot up to Pet's ribs and he laughed as he sat up to pin him down, only relenting his tickly power after a minute when Pet was truly smiling.

After that he laid there, holding Pet and staring at the ceiling, wondering just what it was he had agreed to. Would he regret this...? Probably, said the nasty little voice in the back of his head. But as he looked at Pet, sleeping softly with a gentle smile, he couldn't bring himself to fully hate what they were.
who's gonna take you home tonight?
ADAM