[SE] your stardust soul
open!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
meet me where the falling stars live
i will wait for you
"It would have mattered to me." Her voice is soft and her dark eyes searching as Amalia says the words, but there is earnest honesty behind them. Does Wessex believe her? Does it matter if she does? Yes- because no matter the differences in their beliefs or creed Amalia loves the taciturn woman. The have both lost too much to death already, to lose each other to life. Or she the baker fervently believes.

And then there is Roana. Amalia's feelings on the woman are conflicted, at best. She had asked her to do something; only, she'd never expected that thing to be blind murder in the name of a god she barely knows. She had promised not to tell the other woman's secret, and perhaps if she were a better liar she might have kept that promise when confronted by Wessex.

It is a relief, though, handing over this particular responsibility, letting the wraith - the queen - handle it. It is what Wessex had wanted, Amalia figures: to lead, to judge, to rule. Better a wiser woman than she. Better someone who wants it, at least

She glances back up as the Wraith shifts beside her, bloodshot eyes rising back to Wessex as she asks why Amalia has been crying. Does she want to talk about it? Yes and no- for if she begins she knows she will not stop, that she will fall to pieces here, in the snow, a thousand anxieties flooding out from her lips. "I guess I've been stressed," she replies instead, not quite meeting Wessex's eyes, the understatement written in the quirk of her lips. "With everything going on. The blight and... And everything."

Tilting her head back up to the woman, Amalia's expression speaks of a deep affection and genuine pride. "Nothing compared to you, though. Queen Wessex... What's it like?"
day and night
AMALIA
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
the wraith
Yes, Wessex believes her. She remembers Amalia’s face when she came back to life and walked into that meeting as if it were the most natural thing in the world. Newsflash: it wasn’t, but the reactions were pure fucking gold. It brings a soft smile to the Wraith’s face as she looks down for a moment, then back into the earnest, still child-like honesty of the baker’s gaze.

And then it hides again, and something in Wessex sinks in sadness, but accepts that the nature of their relationship has changed enough that tears need not necessarily be discussed. They can simply be dealt with. Or shared with others. She won’t pry. If ‘stressed’ is what Amalia wants to call it, then so be it. The Queen nods empathetically until the ball is thrown to her and she makes a noise of deep thought in the back of her throat.

“Harder than I ever thought it would be. Everyone has an opinion. There isn’t enough time to do everything. Sometimes it feels like everyone else has a piece of the puzzle and if we only sat down and put them all together, the solution to this or that would be magically revealed.” A pause, and then a wry tone. “But then I remember how much I hate long-winded meetings and decide it’s a no-go.” And then she leans in conspiratorially, as if what she’s about to say is a state secret. But what comes out is a “And I’m really fucking sick of Outlander men’s disbelief when they find out I’m Queen, just because I don’t fit their dainty little old world versions.”

The Wraith scoffs. It’s actually fairly insulting.

“That being said, it isn’t… bad, exactly. Just stressful right now, like you said.”
she's pullin' the trigger
cause it's me and the moon, she says
and i have no trouble with that
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
i will wait for you
That being queen is hard doesn't surprise Amalia, and the girl cannot feel a twinge of relief that she escaped being roped into that particular role. Wessex is better suited to it than she: strong, stubborn, not easily fazed, able to see the bigger picture and act outside her own defeats. That she is able to find humor in it is good, too, and the baker finds herself smiling a little as the older woman jokes about long-winded meetings. She'd hated them, when the resistance was forming, opinions and voices just contributing to chaos, making everything a loud and unattainable mess.

The comment about Outlanders and their disbelief makes Amalia raise a brow, shaking her head in resigned bemusement. "I don't understand why they can't realize that we aren't them. That just because it was different where they come from, doesn't mean it's right." That had been Zariah's problem (one of them, anyway): the belief that her world outshone all others, that her way was needed in a place wholly different from the land whence she was born.

Amalia is glad there's a Natural in charge here. She is glad that Ronin is reasonable, for the most part, and accepting of their home. But she cannot help the bitterness that bites at her at the very fact that they need this, that they have succumbed to the Outlanders' insistence for order and dominance, laws and Queens.

Pushing at the dirt with her toes, Amalia drops her head back to her chin, though less in defeat this time, more thoughtful, a soft sigh leaving her lungs. "I think you're doing well," the Shield says softly, smiling a little, her cheeks growing warm. "When Ronin... when the voting happened... he asked me if I'd help him, and I said yes. And that stands now. If... if you need it. Or want it. I... I know I can't contribute much, but..." Helplessly she shrugs, suddenly feeling quite foolish. What can she possibly offer Wessex? And when will she learn that all her efforts only lead to more disaster, further mistakes?
day and night
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“Because they think that magic and power can solve everything. They see what we lack in materials without seeing what it took to survive. Or maybe they see themselves as our saviors.” The Wraith shrugs, fully aware that these blanket statements don’t apply to everyone. “It doesn’t help that our people are content to still do their own thing. We outnumber the Outlanders and yet they have the loudest voices, the strongest magics, the newest ideas. And I think they don’t know that there’s a thin line between helpful and patronizing.” Like with LongNight.  

If there is one thing that drives Wessex up the wall, it's when Amalia doubts herself. If only the girl could see how far she's come since the Outlanders came and turned their pathetic little world upside down! If only she saw what others see - and if she cannot see her own reflection, then at least realize Deimos would not choose some weak-willed, knock-kneed, cowardly woman as his partner. The Queen reaches out to clasp the Shield's hand in her own, lightly covering the top and gives it a squeeze. "Thanks. That means a lot."

In Rory’s absence, she has only Amalia. Edy is dead. Rexanna is the closest thing to a sister now, but even the bright Outlander will always lack the shared trauma of Caido’s Hallowed Grounds that both knits the Naturals together and drives them apart. Because if you asked Wessex, she, too, would rue that it’s come to this: to Queens and laws and the need for whatever the fuck the Outlanders seem to think they need. Why can’t they go back to their farmsteads and shops and now just reap the benefits of a lush forest and joke about the weird neighbors to the north?

The yearning for more burns is in Wessex’s soul the way it does in many others, but surely there’s some way to balance the two?

“You can, actually.” Wessex will likely always wonder what went down with the voting, not necessarily caring who said what, but who spearheaded the charge to get Ronin back in the game. Was it Amalia? Jigano? Someone else entirely? “Have faith in me. Just ‘cause I’m a thinker and not a feeler doesn’t mean I’m a heartless monster. There’s a reason for everything.” Literally. A logical reason for every decision she makes. “And I miss things during the day. If you learn of anything that might be important, can you let me know?” She pauses, briefly, the next ask on her lips. “And finally, please be smart during LongNight. I can’t lose you too.”
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
i will wait for you
Wessex declares that she can help, and Amalia straightens up perceptibly, clearly motivated by the simple fact that she has a task to complete. A task that is not as concrete as she may have hoped, but easy enough to fulfill, and Amalia swallows, smiling slightly at Wessex and trying to swallow the what ifs? What if the Voice tells her to hurt the other races? To continue trying to kill the woods? What if, in the battle between the people and the gods they are forced to take sides, to draw lines and stand behind them?

What if the Wraith does something she cannot trust or forgive?

But the Wessex Amalia grew up with, the one she knows and loves- that Wessex is someone the Shield does trust, and so she nods, willing the what ifs to fade away for now. "I will," she murmurs. "If I learn of anything, I... I'll let you know. Like this."

The last request, though? Laughing guiltily, the Shield turns her eyes toward the approaching dawn, not really sure it's a promise she can keep. Smart has never really been her forte, not in the way it is the Wraith's. "I promise I will do my best to keep from dying again this year." It is as honest a promise as she can make, what with her plans to help Remi and her penchant for getting herself into situations where she is in imminent danger.
day and night
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
It is a swallowing of doubt that goes both ways; while the Wraith and the Shield have come to what seems to be an understanding of sorts, fueld mostly by the love of what they were and past traumas, there’s no certainty for what the future will hold. There never is. There are a hundred things the Shield could do that the Wraith would find unforgivable and vice versa. So perhaps it’s only a matter of time until one of those things happens and this falls through indefinitely. Wessex will always see the Old Gods as the ones who put them in this bubble, and Amalia will always see the Voice as the one who made them do it. Until they can get to the bottom of what really happened, they will have fundamental differences.

“Thank you. That’s all I ask.” Comes quietly as she, too, looks to the distant dawn. It’s late. “Time for both of us to go to bed, I think.” Wessex stand and offers a hand for Amalia to pull herself up on. “And how’s Jyoti doing?” she asks casually to the whale, as more of a time filler than anything else. And also, the calf is cute. You'd have to be a monster to not see that.