magic in the moonlight
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Ah. Perhaps the summoner had overreacted again. At least this time it was relatively harmless. However, Rexanna’s concern was entirely unfounded. ”There are supposedly six other people in the Manor, and I never see them, just signs of their passage. So I’m well used to finding dishes or toys in the most unlikely and unexpected places. A few more is hardly going to make a difference.” Indeed, it was quite remarkable how little he saw of the other residents of his home; they were ghostlike, leaving signs of their presence without him seeing even a glimpse. And it was lonely, wandering the halls and knowing others were near, but not with him.

Well, he was used to that, at least. After all, the Launceleyns had ostracized him since childhood, so it seemed fitting that he remain alone in his family’s home.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
She doesn’t mind his overreactions. In fact, had he seen her last Longnight, he’d understand her own deep ingrained panics. But she keeps those quiet for now, imagining that he wouldn’t judge her for them exactly how she isn’t judging him for his. But when he explains, she puffs out her bottom lip in a slight pout, as though the news has ruined any plans of hers. “Well there goes that idea.” She hums, jesting, hoping to make him smile to her with her ridiculousness.

I guess I’ll have to leave something distinctly me behind.” But what it is, she doesn’t know. “Or maybe just me.” She snorts, a wry smile sent his way before they reach the grounds and she tilts her head to him, to see if he’d rather her stay and they chat, or if he’s had enough for the night and she should head home.
until the lambs
have become
lions
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Her ridiculousness did indeed make him smile, if only for a brief moment. ”It was a good idea. Sorry my habit of collecting strays ruined it.” As Rexanna quipped about leaving behind a souvenir that could only be traced back to her, however, Loren’s smile came back, and this time it actually stayed there. ”I guess I have to start checking all my bathroom windows on a regular basis now.” Maybe that was the wrong thing to say, given how and why she’d broken the first one, but he had made his tone light and teasing, so hopefully she’d understand it was just a joke. ”I think I’d prefer just you, all things considered.”

Then they arrived at the front door of the Manor and he glanced up at the imposing facade before sighing. Zariah could’ve softened the place up a bit; as it stood, it looked more fortress than home. Then again, the compound had also looked that way, so maybe it did feel like home to her. ”Well, I don’t want to take up too much of your time. I’m sure you’re busy.” Just because she professed to being mostly done with wedding planning didn’t mean it was true: he was sure she had a million little tasks and not nearly enough time for any of them.

Plus it was late, he'd been through a lot, and he was tired. So sue him.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
She thanks whatever gods she can for the small smile that sparks on Loren’s face, adding her own into the mix with a light shrug. “How dare you.” She jests with another bright grin. She doesn’t blame him – she, too, has a habit of bringing in strays. And at her next comment, the smile returns and stays, and had the Penumbra had lungs, she would’ve breathed much easier with that too. “Guess so.” She grins, a bright fanged tease in response, thinking nothing of it. Sure, she had escaped a potential life of imprisonment through the bathroom of the manor… But she could joke about it now, so why not enjoy it?

Besides, it wasn’t like Loren would end up doing the same to her, she didn’t think anyway.

Still, she gives him a light shrug and a considering nod at his words, a hum of laughter rising from her. “Well, if it’s just me, then that can be arranged. As a surprise, after all.” The smile she gives him is wide enough to wrinkle her nose just enough before they reach the door of the manor. At his next set of words, she bobs her dark haired head, shaking out the parasol from under the cover of the awning of the porch before she shrugs to him. “Not too busy to not come and say hi. But don’t stay a stranger, yourself, okay?” She gives him a bright smile.

Now’s the part where she’d typically hug her friends, but given what they’d just endured and his own confessions previously, she leaves it as is, giving him a light nod before she pops open the parasol again and slips from the porch into the night back home.
until the lambs
have become
lions