Eyeliner and Tight Pants
For Ronin
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Adam
My body is a temple
But I don't believe in God
So knock it down and build me something new

"Nah. If you wanna be stealthy, you need to aim a good shot to the head, then it doesn't matter how loud you are after that." Adam snorted, though a lot of this was just hot air; he had never actually shot someone in the had. Not for lack of ability, though.

There's a reason that barrier existed. Adam nodded, though really he wondered if everyone was just being prissy about it. The barrier being gone seemed like a good thing, and The Voice had not intruded on his life so far. So what if she made a few people into weird robot vampires? He'd seen a lot of people do a lot worse. But just in case Ronin reacted the same way as Ludo over too many Voice questions, he left it.

"Alright. You know how to play Crazy Eights? Something simple to start." He began to deal the cards out.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
Ronin was increasingly amazed by these guns Adam possessed, and he made a mental note to try and catch the other man again and ask that he might practice shooting one of them. If Adam didn't mind, of course. For now, though, weapons and talk of the Voice could go and kindly do one, because there was a game of cards to be played. Draining his cup and setting it down, he motioned between them. "Want another drink?" He didn't know the other man was on water, after all.

A grin spread across Ronin's face, and he nodded warmly. "I know it well," he said, picking up his cards and fanning them out in his hand, relishing the feel of them, the familiarity of flipping over the top card - a seven of diamonds - and placing a four of diamonds atop it.
a star in someone else's sky

Coding base by Sky!
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Adam
My body is a temple

"Man, you tryina get in my pants?" Adam asked, leaning forward with his chin on his hand a smirk. "But uh..you can get me a refill, sure, but I'm on water at the moment. Trying to make a new start, or whatever." He wasn't even sure what he was doing, certainly not enough to explain it to anyone, but he had the will to at least try and keep up this whole sober thing for a night.

Ronin made the first play and Adam took a moment to look at his cards - he had learnt how to read the numbers 1 - 9 from playing cards, though sometimes it still took a moment; then he placed down the four of hearts. "We playing to 100, right? What's the chances we got the same card game between our worlds?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
Letting out a wicked laugh and raising an eyebrow at Adam, it felt good to feel so light for once. "My husband might have a few things to say about that, but you never know - he might be into it," he said, taking up their cups and setting his cards face down before rising to his feet. "Water?" he echoed, seeming bemused but nodding slowly. "I know that feeling," he said. There had been a time when sobriety was his constant, given how drink could occasionally make him... er, fighty.

Still, he moved to the bar and returned with their refills just in time for Adam to play his card. "A hundred?" he echoed. "I usually play until someone's hand is empty. The goal is to dump all your cards, right?" he asked, playing a king of hearts over the four, his fingers hovering over it for a moment before drawing back.

"Odds are probably slim, but even if they were different I'd have been happy to learn." He grinned.

Coding base by Sky!
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
Adam
My body is a temple

"I have found that husbands do indeed tend to be into me." Adam grinned, leaning back in his chair a little bit and twirling his hand in a gesture that could be called very flirty. Though really, as embarrassing to his image as it was, he was too tired to be starting at threesomes at the moment. That was the kind of thing you did at the start of an adventure, not in the middle of a mess where you were trying to get sober.

Unless Ronin started it. Then he'd definitely rise to the challenge.

"Yeah, you can do it like that. I've seen a few different versions in different bars -- I got between a lot, back home." Just as he knew every kind of tavern song, Adam was familiar with many drinking games (and many ways of cheating in them).

He shuffled through his cards for a moment when Ronin placed the King. After a moment he sighed and took a card from the pile. "I used to work in a brothel. And usually, a good trick to get clients--" Smiling at his new card, he put the Five of Hearts down. "--was to get them into a card game, then let them beat you. Seemed to work pretty well."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"And wives too, I'd bet," Ronin said with a mischievous little smile, watching Adam with his cards and waiting until the five of hearts was played before putting his own down. In all honesty, the playing was cathartic, and he had stopped being interested in who won the second they began the game. The conversation proved more interesting anyway.

Snorting at Adam's comment, the ex-captain shrugged his shoulders. "Same," he said. "About the bars, not the brothel. I was in the army, though I spent more time slacking off and drinking than I did actually contributing. For a while anyway." And old habits died hard, as they said.

"So why the water now?" he asked. "Turning over a new leaf, or just too hungover to drink?"

Coding base by Sky!
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
Adam
My body is a temple

"Anyone. I'm not picky." Adam grinned, pleased that Ronin could see his clear sexual magnetism. He didn't care that much about the game either - they weren't playing for money or any kind of deal, so as far as he was concerned it was just a carrier for their conversation.

Soldiers had been a large ratio of Adam's customers back in his days working in the brothel; so many of them absolutely frigid and embarrassed to be there. He found Ronin refreshing with his easy manner. "The best thing to do in the army is fuck about. If you actually do the work, it fucks about with you." He'd seen the evidence of that in the men he had taken to bed.

Adam cringed at Ronin's question. He really, really did not want to get into it, mostly because he had no idea what he was doing himself. "Uuuhh...I dunno. I guess I just realised I...wanna do something other than get fucked up all the time. People get concerned and shit and that's just uncomfortable."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"Not picky?" Ronin raised an eyebrow, as if that said more about Adam than simply his taste in bed. Still, it wasn't his place to pry (however accidentally he was doing just that when it came to the other man's drinking habits) and so he let the subject drop. A warm laugh escaped his lips at Adam's appraisal of the army, and Ronin gave an easy shrug. "That's what I figured too! Shame that my superiors - my older brother being one of them - didn't really agree."

And so it was that Ronin had actually done the work, and it had fucked about with him just as his new friend had advised.

He could tell a reluctant conversation when he stumbled into one, at least, the hunter raising a glass in a 'cheers' of apology. "No offence meant," he said. "I've been there. For a time I cut drink out completely. But times change, as they say."

Coding base by Sky!
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
Adam
My body is a temple

"Look, when you work as a whore for years then fuck several nobles to get information...eh. You stop caring so much. If they can give me a good time I don't give a fuck who they are or what they look like. Barring uh...obvious things." Maybe he was a hedonistic, irrational thrillseeker, but he wasn't gross.

Having superiors at all made Adam wrinkle his nose, but one of those superiors being a brother? Oof. "Well fuck that guy." He said casually, shuffling through his cards (not that they needed shuffling. If someone was astute, they could say it was a nervous tick, but Adam didn't have things like nerves, obviously).

Thankfully Ronin seemed to know how to pick up on a hint and Adam returned the gesture with a lift of his own glass. "I'm sure I'll be drunk again next week. Just wanna impress a girl, I guess. Not even because I want money or to sleep with her or anything...this place is making me weird." Usually, he did not bother with people unless they could help with either of those reasons.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
Surprised but endeared by the other man's honesty, Ronin couldn't really add anything to what Adam had said, so he graciously nodded and tipped his drink to him in a 'hear, hear' gesture. "A good time is a good time," he agreed. "Though I've pledged all of my good times for the foreseeable future to one man, so I'll have to let you become Caido's legendary lover, regrettably. Be sure to tell me what I'm missing." With a mischievous smile, he went back to his cards.

"Well, he disappeared before I could find him to tell him to fuck off," he reasoned about his older brother, shrugging and slouching comfortably in his seat. "No matter. This place is interesting enough for a dozen superior older brothers. And apparently it's very good at making both of us weird." And wasn't that the fucking truth.

Still, all things considered they made good, weird company, and Ronin was content enough with that for tonight.

Coding base by Sky!
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
Adam
My body is a temple

Ronin was easy to talk to; a natural friend. It felt different than when he spoke to Amalia. There the connection was made out of how different they were, how they could slot together to compliment each others separate parts. But with Ronin, it was with how they flowed together in the same direction.

Cards were played, drinks and water were drunk, and Adam left with a smile on his face and a promise to come back again soon.