Winter Chorus
Open!
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
HOTARU
At long last there is a modicum of peace that wedges its way into her heart and mind. It has only been a few days since her arrival in this strange land, but in those days she has reunited with her loved ones. Ones thought previously lost, some more so than others. It had drained her, the emotional tidal wave that had overtaken her as she reconnected with these lost wandering souls that had once been tethered so deeply to her own.

But the world keeps turning, there is always a new threat on the horizon, and Hotaru is sick of all that emotional bullshit.

So here she is, wonder of wonders, back to her old habits of preparing for a battle she intends to win. Deimos had informed her early on about the approaching threat of LongNight. Unsurprising, with how well he knew her. She would have punched him in the junk for hiding it from her, especially considering she was at the perfect height for it. But now she had a goal, a purpose, a way to help protect her family when her magic was so weak and the vessel her soul had taken on was so frail. Knowledge and preparation were just as strong a defense as magic and might however, and that's why she's wandering around the forest in the early morning with a simple basket at her side that she had borrowed from Deimos.

The frost clings in pale clouds as she breathes, cheeks rosy with the brisk chill, but it doesn't bother her. Hotaru had lived her entire life encased by snowy mountains, weathering the eternal winter of the land she had proudly ruled over for many years. In fact it only made her nostalgic, even as she tucks her hair over her chilled ears. This body was so much more delicate, but its versatility made up for any lack of hardiness that she may have missed.

Heterochromic eyes sweep over the bases of the trees as she wanders idly through their twisting, winding pathways. Occasionally she will pause, kneeling in the snow and gently peeling away snow moss from the bark, fingertips pink but resilient as she builds a small pile in her basket. Though relatively easy to find, she spends the interim plucking black walnuts from the snow, knowing the task of separating the edible part from the hardy shell will be annoying but more than worth the effort if it meant food that wouldn't expire as quickly. Deimos was the main collector of meat, but she wasn't going to place all her bets on that. Beechnuts, the few missed acorns, and most importantly berries. Rosehips find their way into the basket most often, colorful and attractive, and she pops a few into her mouth as she makes her way through the forest.

It reminds her of Lakota, of learning what was edible, what was useless, and what was delightfully poisonous while at her side. Such old lessons, but ones she had never forgotten. Sighing, she shakes away the nostalgia, and bends to dig her fingers into the next patch of moss she finds. A soft hum starts in her throat, a few lyrics that come bright and quiet as she moves from patch to patch, keeping tune to the rhythm of the morning and chasing away old memories that cling to her like bloodstains.
over time
even the sharpest thorns
will become soft
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
i'm not a whole person, and i dont think i ever will be
parts of me died in the house i grew up in
Once again, he’s slipped away to clear his thoughts. Slipped out into the wildwood with the chill of the morning chasing after him. Despite the shaking of the blight, it hasn’t progressed too far, not like the animals the others had become. And for that, he’s lucky. But he knows it’s only a matter of time. And so he travels while he can still remember, still feel the snow that has overtaken the land, and he recalls Loren’s words enough to agree with it.

He’s never seen snow before, and after a few weeks of it he’s so tired of it.

He’d rather take the constant floods of Korofi over this. But he continues on, trying to escape the thoughts in his head, the tremble in his hands, when he notices someone else is there too, singing quietly to the tune of the morning. From the looks of it, gathering things. He wonders for a moment if it's for Longnight, an event he has yet to experience but has been warned about. Perhaps she knows more of it than he does, or prepares far better than him, wallowing in his own self pity.

He stuffs his trembling hands into the pockets of the jacket he wears, covered with furs and leather and boots to fight against the chill. His hair is swept back well enough, but there’s wounds along his neck, jaw, and cheek that haven’t fully healed yet. He’s not sure they ever will. But he approaches anyway, making his presence known but slight heavy footfalls in the dampened snow. And then he takes a leap of curiosity, to drown the thoughts and travels of his mind. “For Longnight?” He questions, keeping his distance. He’s pretty tall after all, and there’s a part of him that wonders if she’ll be like Phoebe and go for an attack rather than a chat. But he has no roses to inspire it, just himself. And so he waits.
& i visit them in dreams
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
HOTARU
Ah, this land is so similar to Helovia, she thinks as the approach of another pricks at her ears. Her song trails off into soft hums, allowing the newcomer to approach her at their leisure, plucking the last bit of moss from the bark and placing it in her basket before turning and spinning to observe the man who has come upon her. Even with so few people in comparison to her homeland, there is never a quiet moment when out and about. Heterochromatic eyes sweep up and down the man before her as he speaks, taking in the gruesome wounds in the middle of healing on his neck with an arched brow.

Tucking her basket against her hip, she regards him with a mysterious smile. "You guessed correctly," Hotaru confirms in her soft, teasing vocals. Approaches boldly, careless of their height differences. She has spun far greater beasts and men around her fingers, he does not scare or intimidate her.

"And what brings you this far out? You don't look so well." She affects a soft, concerned expression as she tilts her head, golden hair falling from her shoulders as she tuts softly. Perhaps he had the Blight? But the cure was already midway through, so maybe he was simply recovering. Best to get more information before she proceeds with her sly dissection of him.
over time
even the sharpest thorns
will become soft
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Her voice rises, a teasing lilt of a sound, and for a moment he’s quietly surprised. But it doesn’t show, not as she turns to approach him quite boldly, and for a moment he feels defensive, a small amount of the blight rearing up and wishing to bare his teeth at her and tell her to mind her own space – but he doesn’t. Not as she looks up at him and his steel eyes drift down to meet her bi-toned ones. She comments he doesn’t look well, and Sunjata snorts, a crooked smirk crossing his face. Old habits, and all that.

His head tilts slightly, not stepping back from her, but simply shoving his hands into his pockets. “Came to clear my mind.” He comments easily, not divulging any of that shit show of a story. But two can play at this game, and he’s got all the time in the world to continue it. His eyes drift from her easily to look about the wildwood with the snow that’s fallen, that’s covered everything in a blanket of white, before he notices his smirk begin to shift toward something akin of a sneer. “Only to realize how much I fucking hate snow.” It’s an easy response, casual but with it, his eyes dart back to hers with a dark raised brow.

What are those for?” He asks, head jutting toward the basket she holds – filled with moss and food. He’s gathered they’re for Longnight, but whether it’s some strange form of food he didn’t know existed, or for other purposes, he’s somewhat interested in. Intrigued, even..
& i visit them in dreams
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
HOTARU
He would be an attractive fellow if he wasn't seemingly half-dead and exhausted. Even so, he's certainly not the Valkyrie's type. Far too pretty-boy for her liking. And oh, what a shame it is that so many in Caido fit that bill. Her previous mate had been quite sleek, and she finds that any reminder of him - instead of being familiar and appealing - is met with rejection and discomfort. It probably didn't help the stranger's case that Hotaru had a distinct persuasion towards the feminine side of things. At first glance, the fellow was certainly missing some of the key attributes Hotaru desired.

Didn't mean she couldn't have some fun with him though.

"Aw, and here I was thinking you came all this way to find me, like some sort of fairytale prince," she sighs disappointedly, full lips pursing in a subtle pout even as they twitch with amusement, wanting to lift at the corners a little too soon. His gaze out across the horizon draws her own, and her laughter springs unexpectedly from her mouth. Oh, she has heard that so many times before when bringing home newcomers to her empire. "I've lived with it my whole life, I can't quite relate. But it's always the prettiest things that are the worst to deal with." Here she shoots him a sly look, clearly alluding to both him and herself. Hotaru simply can't help herself, not when he's so receptive to her verbal dancing.

Turning her heterochromic gaze back to her collection in the basket, she draws her fingers lightly over the surface of one thick clump of moss. "Snow moss, to muffle sounds during LongNight. Winterberries and nuts, because men don't understand you can't simply eat meat all through the week, much less keep it fresh all that easily," the Valkyrie huffs, rolling her eyes even as a reluctantly fond smile blossoms on her face. Deimos could keep them singlehandedly supplied for all of the season with his meat storage, but Hotaru cared a bit more about their dietary needs to just let them rot away on red meat.
over time
even the sharpest thorns
will become soft
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
While he isn’t much of Hotaru’s type, she certainly isn’t his either. But he’s charismatic, despite the blight, and he can’t pass off a fun duel between words and phrases, the lingering flirtations that nothing will come from. A fun past time, to say the least. It feels almost normal, like he’s back home in Korofi, aside from the snow.

He chuckles light at her comment though, head shaking ‘no’ as a roguish grin crosses his face. “Ah, I’m afraid you won’t find a prince here.” He raises a brow toward her in response, referencing to himself. Though even that’s not entirely a true statement — but he likes the secret of it all.

But he comments on the snow and she adds her own reply, causing a frown to spark on his face briefly as he looks back to it. “Sounds terrible.” He drawls briefly before his steel eyes scan her face again. “But that part I suppose can be true, depending on who’s viewing.” He winks with another small smirk, before growing interested in what she holds within the basket.

She explains, however, and he has to admit he finds it a bit boring — absolutely willing to live off of meat and only that for however long Longnight lasts. But he passes over the innuendo he could make, for a better question. “You sound like you know what you’re doing. Have experience? Or are you a first timer like me?
& i visit them in dreams
SUNJATA
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
HOTARU
"Ah, then what would you label yourself? A bandit? A ruffian?" She cocks a hip to place her basket in the cradle it creates as she turns to him to deliver this line, fluttering her eyes in an exaggerated manner that is intended more for laughs than any deliberate seduction. He's certainly proving to be entertaining at the very least, which makes for a better morning on her part. Certainly preferable to the inevitable thought-spiral she tends to go on when left alone too long.

A laugh bubbles out of her at his disdain, fingers raking through her hair and turning her face to the flakes of snow that come to kiss her eyelids and cheeks. "More for me to enjoy then." Not everyone was made for the mountains and ice, and many had left for warmer climates when offered a place in her kingdom. Though she couldn't understand it she could at least enjoy the fact that it meant her empire wasn't overrun by chatter-teethed assholes moaning about the cold, unable to see the beauty all around them on display at every hour. Opening her eyes, she tilts her upturned face enough to give him an amused, narrowed gaze. "There's enough viewing going around here to give a blind man sight," Hotaru quips, amused by this handsome young man.

"First timer, though I haven't had to call myself that in a while." Okay that one even makes her laugh genuinely, significantly brighter than her purring, velveteen laughs she normally deigned to give. "No, I'm merely lucky. I found a few scattered members of my family here, and they have experienced it before. I'm merely doing the grunt work, can you imagine?" Hotaru lifts a hand delicately to her breast, feigning an expression of betrayal that she holds for an impressive time before letting it crumble into an inquisitive look. "What's your method for LongNight? Wing it?" He certainly seems the type.
over time
even the sharpest thorns
will become soft
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She poises a question to him that actually makes him chuckle deeply, a roguish smirk sent her way with a raised brow. “Who needs labels?” He interjects, mind refraining from drifting to the same conversation when he was with Phoebe. “I could be nothing or everything. That’s the fun part.” He jests with another wink sent her way. He doesn’t tell her he likely fits both those labels far more than the prince part – but the fact they all fit, in the strange puzzle that makes him who he is, goes unnoticed by him.

His slate eyes follow hers to the snow as she laughs and comments quietly, before he murmurs a silent agreement, wishing the snow would leave about as fast as it had come. But she doesn’t stop there, no, she continues with another jab of a joke and he easily grins. “Is there?” He hums with a light grin. “Enough viewing that is.” Another harmless comment, but he doesn’t act on it.

And she laughs genuinely, causing him to join in, a hum of a chuckle leaving him as he shakes his head and looks away from her for a moment to the surrounding area again. “I haven’t had to call myself that in awhile either.” He agrees quietly, honestly, chuckling despite it while he listens to her plans for Longnight. She says she’s found some family, and he nods, having found one of his own as well.

But she feigns betrayal and he smirks, following her hand with his eyes for a moment before he looks to her face with a tilted head, leaning in ever so slightly with another round of his roguish charm. “I always wing it.” He admits before withdrawing and running a hand through his shorter hair, another chuckle leaving him. “Been offered to stay at the Launceleyn Manor though. We’ll see if my girl and I end up there.” A small amount more honesty, but she’s easy to talk to – reminds him of those from Korofi in a sense, and it’s just simple.
& i visit them in dreams
SUNJATA
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
HOTARU
His deep laughter only widens her smirk, a pleasing sound that only strokes her ego at having caused it in the first place. "Everything? That sounds like an overestimation of your abilities," she drawls, affecting an expression of doubt but letting her amused, gleaming eyes peer through at him. He is a fun little distraction from her thoughts, an amusing bit of fun to flex her flirtations harmlessly. Hotaru doesn't even know his name, and yet his presence is greatly appreciated.

Slate eyes and a devilish grin turn her way, and she meets it with her own bicolored gaze and simpering smile, raking her eyes roguishly up and down his body in clear objectification. "I wouldn't object to more," she purrs, hooded eyes dark and promising. An empty promise, but they both seem to be aware of that at least. It makes the game easier to play, more fun and fulfilling to be on the same page.

The revelation that he's taken isn't surprising, and Hotaru is both undaunted and unbothered by it. "Ooh, quite a fancy residence for such a label-less man." Hotaru doesn't care where she ends up, she trusts Deimos to shelter them all safely. But he has offered a shred of honesty, and in that Hotaru can exchange her own. Bartering of information, of personal history, is a game she has mastered. "I'm staying wherever my family deems safe. But it doesn't sound nearly as tempting as close quarters with you and your surely lovely lady." A teasing grin here, because Hotaru is certainly far more intrigued by this maiden who could keep up with the mysterious man.

Women were just so lovely, while men were always hit and miss.
over time
even the sharpest thorns
will become soft
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He catches her smirk, and it reflects on his own face at her drawl back to him. “Oh, I wouldn’t be so sure.” He offers with a light tilt to his head. “It is a new world, after all.” He hums back to her, laced thickly with his accent – a lilting tone that changes the typical sounds of most vowels. A smirk crosses his face after, as his next statement reaches her and she very obviously looks him up and down while he almost preens before her gaze.

Good.” He answers easily with a smirk, rolling his neck slightly with a light pop. Easy, simple flirtations, open ended with nothing to come of it. The easiest, because he wouldn’t dare to slip into bed with someone else (likely how sober he was, and plus he didn’t even know her name?) It’s almost like it occurs to him as he moves to step past her, aiming to walk along the path she’s taken, close enough for his arm to brush by her if she remains.

I don’t live at a manor. Too big for my tastes.” He offers, pausing briefly by her with another smirk. “I prefer more intimate quarters.” Another hum before he laughs it off and moves to walk once more, hoping she joins him – if for nothing else but the pure fun of this conversation, an easy way to learn the information needed. And when he offers his own small amount of information, of honesty, she returns it in stride.

She claims it would be tempting, and he pauses enough to run his tongue along his lower lip with another hum of laughter. “Oh, tempting indeed.” He smirks. “But I don’t particularly think she’s the type to share.” Arrogance abound. No, he didn't know what Lusea's thoughts on it were. But for him? He wanted the flame all to himself.
& i visit them in dreams
SUNJATA
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
HOTARU
Oh, this is fun.

"I'd tell you to prove me wrong, but something tells me you'd fall a little..." here she drags her eyes intentionally slowly down to his crotch, smirks, and flicks her eyes back to Sunjata's, "...short." Ah men and their built-in disappointment sticks. For all her travels, she'd found few who knew their way around a woman's body, and fewer still who were creative enough not to devolve into rabid humping like a slavering dog. It was quite fun to poke and prod at their insecurities too, though hopefully the man before her would take it in stride and give her more delicious material to work with.

He steps past her, and Hotaru is certainly not the kind of woman to give way to a man. In this stand off of theirs, their shoulders brush, and her lips only curl further at the blatant tease. As he speaks she joins him, though she lingers long enough to make it clear that she is not being tugged along like a lovesick puppy on a leash. Oh no, they have both sized each other up adequately, she's sure of it.

"You know what they say about small spaces in the winter," she purrs as she walks alongside him, lifting one hand to push her hair behind her ear and direct her intense gaze his way. "Easier to share heat." And what a shame that he was taken, and apparently by the jealous type, because she wouldn't mind doing so with him if he weren't so tangled up. But she does give a longing sigh, lashes fluttering and biting her lip coyly.

"A shame, I'm sure she's much lovelier than you. I might have even been so kind as to let you watch us," she hums in her sinful, coiling way. Imagining the faceless beauty who is surely bold enough to keep up with him, just as enticed - if not more so - by the idea of getting that particular unnamed vixen into bed.
over time
even the sharpest thorns
will become soft
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He watches her like a hawk as her gaze travels down, listens to her easily as she prods at him. And he chuckles deeply, dark, booming at the insinuation, leaning and edging nearer to her with a roguish smirk and a wink to his slate eyes. “Mmm, I wouldn’t be so sure.” Another crooked grin sent her way, eyes alluding to there being quite a bit more to him than meets the eye – especially beneath the bundles of furs and clothing he wears. “Besides, that’s just one part of a whole, after all.

And he knows this, giving her a hum of a chuckle as he slips past her, edging nearer to the side before her shoulder brushes his – a taunt, a tease, a jest that they continue this game, this wordplay. But he’s found a worthy opponent with her, and likewise it seems she’s found one within him too as she moves to join him – meeting her stride for stride. He tilts his head slightly as he looks down toward her. Despite their size difference, it’s not a condescending look – from what he’s gathered from her, she could take up a room with her presence despite him being over a foot taller.

Still, the purr that leaves her lips has him following her hand as she tucks a strand of blonde behind her ear – tilting the edges of his lips up as he contemplates her reasoning, pausing just enough to angle himself somewhat toward her with drifting, silver eyes, that roam along the sharpness of her collarbones, the two tones to her eyes. He leans a bit closer to her, as though he’s about to tell her a secret. “I never had any issue finding it, even on the coldest of nights. It seems you haven't either.” A low, breathy sound this time.

At the mention of Lusea, however, he leans back – as if something about her statement had made him remember what his Korofi flame liked, and a dark brow raises in a silent question, a challenge of sorts. “Where did you say you were staying for Longnight?” It’s entirely a joke, but the way his words and tongue linger on certain spots makes it seem as though he’s imagining it. “She is lovely, but only if you can tame the flame.” A trailing lilt that's suggestive, to his accented voice on the end of the sentence. He gives her a look to suggest that Hotaru just might, but never as good as he could.  As he can. As he does.
& i visit them in dreams
SUNJATA
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
HOTARU
His laughter curls around her like hickory smoke, dark and deep and intoxicating enough to keep her following the sound of it. Oh but she has missed this. The days of flirtation, seduction, manipulation. Seeing the lust and want in the eyes of those who could never have her. Love had done her no favors, so why not follow in her mother's footsteps? If she couldn't have one, Hotaru would have them all.

"Oh? Most men can't think of a use for anything else than that, are you saying you're special?" Here her grin grows sharp, taunting, daring him to prove her wrong in all the best ways. Men were like rabid dogs, seeking a fulfilling end for themselves and assuming their partners felt the same. They never took her breath away with a single touch of the hand like a woman could. Did he think himself so attentive, so talented? Oh she hoped so, if only to continue their delightful banter.

His eyes trail after her movements, and she smiles sweetly at him, a dagger wrapped in lace and edged with honey that promises only the sweetest kinds of pain. "A warm bed means a happy woman," she agrees, tongue darting out barely a peek to wet her lips as she keeps up the playfully intense eye contact between them. Oh, he's just darling. But then her lips part on a dangerous grin, flashing her perfect teeth. "I didn't say, but I could be inclined to change my plans around." Not that he would be likely to offer, with this flame he mentions. Oh, and she gives a breathy little sigh at that, bordering on salacious. "Why try to tame it when you can let it burn you?" she says on the subtlest of pleased moans, eyes glittering with predatory embers. "I'll have to steal her away from you if you try to tame her, darling."
over time
even the sharpest thorns
will become soft
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Her sharp taunt of a dare reaches him after a moment, and it’s all he can do to give her a raised brow at the implications. “I might be.” He edges back her dare with a wink of his steel, gunmetal eyes. “But that’s not the part I meant.” Here he trails off in time, his tongue running along his bottom lip as he goes to give her a signature roguish grin, crooked and mysterious, much like himself.

But those same steel eyes follow her movements as she tucks the hair behind her ear, and the grin she gives him with it reflects on his own. Oh, these two, despite their jests and banter, they were dangerous in their own right. “Mmm. It does.” He agrees, giving her a pointedly knowing look to accompany it. And the eye contact she gives him only breaks for him to follow the trail of her own tongue as she taunts and dares, another rumble of a chuckle leaves his throat with it.

I’ll keep it in mind, liefling.” Edging his language in there with a playful glance toward her, suggestive and restrained yet the same. But she mentions stealing Lusea away, the flame should be cherished and never tamed. And while he agrees to an extent, he has always been the flooding waters to her fiery domain. And he turns to Hotaru with a pleased grin, leaning toward her briefly.

Perhaps. And yet you’ll find that the sea doesn’t like to be restrained.” He leans back with a knowing look, as if to say that the flame to his lover enjoyed the suffocation, the taming to her flame, of only to dance in the smoke and ash from where they meet in the end.

Because, after all, where Lusea was flame. Sunjata was water. They always have been.
& i visit them in dreams
SUNJATA