long road out to recovery
For Jigano
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

It seemed there was to be no reasoning with Jigano. What made it worse was that if he put aside his own feelings for a moment, Sam could understand. If he had been made sick with the Blight, he would probably be the same way; it had been an awful affliction and Jigano was lucky to still be alive. He had every right to be angry at the Voice.

But that still didn't mean Sam could just up and leave her at the behest of one friend.

He stood slowly, breathed out a tense breath. "Well, Jigano. I suppose it's clear we...aren't going to agree." In some ways, this was a mark of progress. He used to be unable to end arguments without crying or running, begging for forgiveness for fear of punishment. While he still couldn't meet Jigano's eyes, that he was calmly speaking at all was a testament to his growth.

"I'm glad you're well. I...hope that, like Ronin, you might be able to talk to me again one day with the Blight not being an issue. He has been most gracious about it." Perhaps that was a little passive aggressive, but there was only so much negativity about his race and his Goddess he could take. "I'll..leave you alone, for the moment. If you want me to do anything for the Guild, let me know, but I may be busy. The Ascended are preparing to look after everyone during Longnight, but I doubt you'll believe me."

With that said he began to walk towards the door, arms hugged around himself.

Samuel
He took a step but then felt tired
He said, I'll rest a little while
But when he tried to walk again
He wasn't a child

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
"No," Jigano agreed, low and aching with his failure to help Sam see how he was being used for one once-mortal woman's ambitions. He dragged in a ragged breath as he worked with the moss, hating how his hands still shook. "But sometimes that is inevitable between people."

At the jab about Ronin, however, he stopped to turn and arch that pale, judging brow at Sam. He said nothing at first, just let his disappointment show in his blight-marred eyes for long, uncomfortable moments.

"Perhaps because everyone is afraid to criticize anything you do," he said at last, the blight adding gravel to his usually-smooth voice as he spoke the truth as he saw it. "They know you will run from it, from them, run  towards what is easier and looks sweet on the outside. Like a child avoiding his vegetables and wanting to eat only candy." He sighed, shoulders slumping with weariness. "But you aren't a child anymore, Sam, no matter how the Voice tries to treat you. Tries to stifle you, encouraging you to be an eternal child that she can control with sweets and empty praise - and the unspoken fear of punishment in the background. The carrot and the stick." Effective across any world, it would seem, because people were people, no matter where he went.

At the mention of the Ascended during LongNight he barked another rough laugh, the blight striking hard as his heart became too heavy to fight it back any longer. He watched Sam's back with ancient, exhausted eyes that showed only the faintest rim of blue, though the Ascended wouldn't see it. "Oh, they'll look after us alright... those Ascended monsters the Voice experimented on and then abandoned and left to ravage the lands within the barrier. They'll look after us as they have for centuries, with fangs and claws and the twisting of minds and hearts. Be careful, Sam. When the Voice finds some new toys to play with you might end up like they did. Like the Spire Demon. Tossed aside and left to rot like she left the Blighted. She's not much for fixing things, is she? Not when she can just turn to the newer, shinier model without all the fuss and upkeep..."
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

The scathing words would have hurt Sam no matter who they came from, but from Jigano they were nearly unbearable. He stood by the door for a moment, hand resting on the wood, considering if it was worth turning and saying anything - it was unlikely anything would fix this, he knew.

So with that in mind, he shook his head and without looking at Jigano, said: "I won't bother your guild anymore. If you want me, but not just to yell at, you know where my shop is."

With that said he left, possibly shutting the door a little too hard on his way out.

Samuel
He took a step but then felt tired
He said, I'll rest a little while
But when he tried to walk again
He wasn't a child

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
It was a sign of how much Sam had grown that he didn't break down into tears at the onslaught, and another day Jigano might have been proud of him for it. Now, with the darkness surging in his veins with fresh sustenance supped from his anger at the Voice and frustration with Sam's devotion to her, he could do nothing but stare at the retreating back of his friend as the other man disappeared up the spiral stairs. The sound of the door above shutting loudly echoed into the silence that remained, and the bard stood frozen for long minutes, wondering what he had done.

He had pushed too far, too fast, as he always did. But he had been hurt deeply by the blight, and Sam's lack of concern for that, his lack of apologies and his loyalty to the one who had caused the sickness and nightmare of the last few months. Jigano could not be what Sam wanted; endlessly forgiving, endlessly patient. He was neither saint nor demigod, but only mortal, and he sighed as he finally turned to finish stuffing the last cracks around the windows with moss.

Sam hadn't even offered to help with that... but he had said he was going to be far too busy doing the Voice's work to help the guild anymore anyway, hadn't he?

Would there be anyone left in the guild at all, soon?

With a heavy heart Jigano continued his work, alone in the silent Guild Hall.